supergalactic is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The Questions:

Your location: San Jose, CA

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Almost there... i'd say 85%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Flare-ups such as rheumatoid arthritis and skin conditions, both stopped when switched!

Favorite exercise: Crossfit & Cycling

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Turning heads

Worst part about being Primal: Sometimes I miss a really good traditional chocolate chip cookie. I'll survive.

Sauer is offline Junior Member
    Primal: Quasi, coincidentally. I just discovered this today and start(ed) now.
    Dairy: Less than 2 X cup/week (generally)
    Coffee or Tea: Cups and cups everyday
    Motivator: Something new. I run frequently, lift (WBWO) 3 times/week, and plateaued.
    Favorite Exercise: Running
    Favorite Primal Food: Don't know. Probably nuts and stone fruit but I've eschewed meats for awhile and will likely enjoy having that again.
    Best and Worst: Don't know yet. Perhaps the lack of available options for food here.

LatinaVaquerita is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:

Bend, Oregon

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

Day 1 today :-) Just read the 21 day Primal Blueprint book.

Do you consume dairy: yes, pasture butter, cheese on occasion.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Yes coffee, & green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

To reverse my PCOS, and shed 40-45 lbs of excess weight.

Favorite exercise:

Walking, horseback riding.

Favorite Primal food:

BACON!

Best part about being Primal:

The success stories seem logical, very impacted by Tara's story about reversing her PCOS. Doctors will tell you there is no cure for this insulin resistant disorder that causes cysts in the ovaries and disrupts hormones.

Worst part about being Primal:

Staying away from desserts, candy. I'm learning how to make paleo & primal desserts for special occasions and not overdo it on the wine.

Perry is offline Junior Member
    Hello, All.

My name is Perry.

I decided to go primal (made the commitment) on December 21, 2012. I was determined to post this by Dec 31 with "before" photos to follow.

Here's the checklist:

Your location: Atlanta, GA

Age (If you want): 58

How Primal are you: dunno, maybe 75%? I'm committed to getting totally Primal. Give me time.

Do you consume dairy: not really. maybe a little. I love greek yogurt. Just got some coconut milk and like it for recipes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yeah baby! I drink coffee like a mofo. I love it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: timing. My longtime friend, Lynn, posted a success story and I was captured by the PB.

Favorite exercise: sitting on my ass. no really. sitting on my damn ass. HOWEVER, I'm changing that. so walking for now. I want to do the crawling thing soon. just ordered knee pads so I could 'terrorize' my doggies. lol

Favorite Primal food: BACON!!!!

Best part about being Primal: I'm excited about the program, and I feel better.

Worst part about being Primal: Wish I'd found this at age 30.

=====

Look guys, I've started. I'm aggressively pursuing the program. I want to get healthy and thin and, dare I dream, get more attractive at age 58. I love to cook so the diet part is fun. I'm tired of being tired, so the exercise points are inspiring. I am ALL ABOUT fun, so the 'have fun' part is totally doable. Sun, ok, I'll get that with the walks and crawling around the yard, lol. Rest, yeah man, I'm all for that.

I'm very thankful, Mark. Thanks for giving me something that I can grasp, attempt, and achieve. I'm diving in.

Perry

pedalpress is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sitka, Alaska

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: 90%
    Do you consume dairy: Greek Yogurt 3x week

Motivator for switching to Primal: Paleo is too strict and less intuitive. My success rate is higher with the PB

Favorite exercise: Tie: Back Squat and pull up.

Favorite Primal food: Tie: Venison & sweet potatoes

Best part about being Primal: Energy and mood is far better

Worst part about being Primal: low beer consumption

Bugeyed is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Tucson, Arizona

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: Not at all.

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Feel terrible. Heartburn all the time, lethargic, loss of libido, you name it.

Favorite exercise: Walking.

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: I assume that I'll be able to eat as much as I want, but not suffer the consequences that I'm currently undergoing.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to stick to it in a household that doesn't embrace it.

kats612 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Alabama

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: Not sure how much...basically I am LCHF...have been for almost 2 years.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lovin' the foods, the health benefits, and the body transformations!

Favorite exercise: Pilates, but really ready to start some strength training.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon and butter!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great!

Worst part about being Primal: There are no negatives for me...all plus plus!

JudyMac is offline Member
    Your location: France (I'm Scottish though)

Age (If you want): Over the hill 40+

How Primal are you: 99.9%, with the occassional blip when travelling.

Do you consume dairy: I eat raw milk dairy - salted butter/cheese/sour cream, I don't eat milk or yoghurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee once a day, green/black/white tea, herbal tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overweight vegan with ulcer, then went meat eating Paleo and took up triathlon, changed to Primal as it uses more fat which worked better for me.

Favorite exercise: Cycling. There is no greater joy that being on the road on a sunny day, with a cool breeze and a big grin.

Favorite Primal food: Roasted lamb with garlic and rosemary, served with stir fried broccoli and pine nuts.

Best part about being Primal: Easier breathing, less aches and pains, more energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out is more difficult.

katifer is offline Junior Member
    Hi,

I'm in the UK, in the midlands. If it helps, I'm near a city called Coventry where I study Enterprise & Entrepreneurship at university.

I'm 44 years old, a mature student lucky enough to be able to return to study after some years of illness.

I've been interested in Primal/Paleo for quite a few years since I realised I prefer almost all my food and drink either raw or cold. Because of my illness (kidney failure) I couldn't follow a proper Paleo diet but since being transplanted I've dabbled a bit but found it a bit scary to commit.

I do consume dairy but I'm thinking about trying to go non-dairy for a while to see if it helps my psoriasis as I've heard it can. Anyone with any info on that I would be most interested.

I drink coffee & earl grey tea, not often because as I said, I prefer cold drinks. Cold coffee is lovely but cold tea? YUK

Motivator? I want to lose weight, about 2 to 3 stones and I know how much bread bloats me, sugar addicts me and I love the thought of pure, unadulterated food with no additives to mess with your body. As a kidney patient I know the importance of eating correctly but I hate the rigid diet plans that are full of food I don't like & won't eat. I am weak and easily tempted if I'm not happy so why shouldn't I eat the way I feel is right for my body?

My favourite excersise is walking and occasionally jogging (!) depending on how energetic I'm feeling.

I love meat - cooked all sorts of ways, cold & hot but don't like game or lamb much. BACON!!!!

The best part of starting to become Primal is that I feel as though I am free to eat the way I have always wanted to but didn't feel was 'normal' Processed quick snacks are far more accepted. I wish I could get more Paleo/Primal food at Uni.

Worst part about my new Primal life? My Fiance bakes bread! Aaaarrrggghhh. I love bread and I KNOW it bloats me and makes me sluggish but I cannot resist when he makes cheese & bacon hot rolls. I guess that will always be my nemesis - along with sugar in the form of quick sugar-hit sweets & chocolate. (British chocolate as well!) We can't all be perfect so If I allow myself to eat Primal/Paleo most of the time I suppose I can let myself wobble a bit on occasions.

Thanks for listening, I look forward to learning more as I go along and being a proud Primal!!!

Lunalotus is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Montague, MA (Western MA)

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Not sure how to answer this... I gave up grains, sugars, eating only berries apples and a few other local fruits, no alcohol, no dairy except butter, no corn or potatoes (occasional sweet potatoes though), no legumes. I will probably use wheat free tamari occasionally. I am going for being pretty strict for 100 days and then willing to be more 80/20 as I move into a lifestyle.

Do you consume dairy: Only butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: only tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need to loose weight, I have horrible PMS/cramps, low energy.

Favorite exercise: walking, swimming, dancing.

Favorite Primal food: Lamb.

Best part about being Primal: Well I am only 4 days in and already I am sleeping great and my sugar cravings are disappearing.

Worst part about being Primal: This carb flu is pretty hard but I imagine after that it will be parties and going out to eat.