Page 464 of 620 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474514564 ... LastLast
Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 6198

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 464

lucaswb is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Fargo, ND USA

Age (If you want): 33
    How Primal are you: Newbie to the lifestyle, just starting.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but am slowly getting away from it. Have started consuming Almond and Coconut milk and yogurts.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to take on a lifestyle that improves my families health.

Favorite exercise: Running, KB swings

Favorite Primal food:Steak

Best part about being Primal: Getting back to the way the body should work.

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure, have not totally dove in all the way, still reading Mark's book. I will answer this later, and let you know.

violetta59 is offline Junior Member
    I'm starting over and feeling overwhelmed. I'm 60 - have had joint issues over the years but am still fit enough to swim, do interval training, walk and lifting in a class. The last 6 months I've gained back some weight that I've lost and it's made me uncomfortable in lots of ways. I don't have any particular health problems at the moment but as I age I worry about the family history of high blood pressure, heart disease and further arthritic issues. My husband (darn him) weighs what he did when he graduated from high school, is fit and because I usually feed him eats well and healthily. But the contrast between the amount he eats and what I can eat withut gaining weight is enormous. I'd like to get back to where I was - which I think (I refuse to get on a scale) is about 14 pounds less and continue feeling strong and healthy.

I'm not sure I've ever put this out there before. But why not? Perhaps it will help to be part of the community.

violetta59 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Wisconsin, U.S.

Age (If you want):60

How Primal are you: Not as much as I'd like, though I'm going to give it a concerted effort this year.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, though in limited amounts.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Two honking big cups of Earl Gray every morning with half and half and yes, I'm sorry, a little sugar and and once in a while latte.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Feel better, look better, age better.

Favorite exercise: Swimming laps.

Favorite Primal food: Don't know, though lately I'm really loving grass fed hamburgers.

Best part about being Primal: The sense of doing something good for myself over the long haul.

Worst part about being Primal: Being aware of what I'm doing to myself when I go overboard on sweets or carbs.

sahara64 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Oregon

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: Just beginning!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, small amount daily (greek yogurt or a bit of cheese)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee - still battling the sugar/creamer addiction

Motivator for switching to Primal: 26 years of "conventional wisdom" has lead me to 258 (at highest weight, currently 248), arthritis, chronic fatigue, skin problems, insulin resistance.

Favorite exercise: Bellydance!

Favorite Primal food: Meat! I'm a carnivore at heart.

Best part about being Primal: Not obsessing about calories, points, etc.

Worst part about being Primal: Bread is my crack...leaving it behind has been a mixed bag emotionally.

c42011 is offline Junior Member
    oklahoma, usa

somewhat ive change my diet 10 fold

low fat milk almost everyday and cheese once a week

tea rarely

a vary unhealthy life style

matial arts and push ups

veges

lots of energy

i love choclate

jr4jc is offline Junior Member

new guy starting 1/1/13

i'm starting 1/1/13, gradually working up to it, which involves eating some of these foods to get them out of the house.
    I got into eating healthy in 1980. Dr Joe Nichols wrote a book Dr. please do something, anyway I have eaten healthy to varying degrees for years. My wife and i currently eat a lot of organic foods, and she had difficulty with gluten, so i eat very little.
    almost no sugar, we use agave nectar. I have not read a book, just talked with freinds that do primal, and read basics online.
    please help point out anything you see that I need to change as i do this.
    I have run/walked 3 half marathons, my nephew got me doing that, i still haven;t lost much weight and could easily lose 40lbs and maybe more. 6'2" so i dont look as over weight as i am.

Your locationutside nashville

Age (If you want):55

How Primal are you: a little maybe

Do you consume dairy: now, goat yogurt and occ cow greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: have eaten healthy to a pretty good degree for years and years, and still more over weight than i want to be, and not as much energy as i would like, i want to be very active, i have lots of hobbies.

Favorite exercise: run/walking

Favorite Primal food: BUTTER, i could live on butter

Best part about being Primal: yet to come

Worst part about being Primal: yet to come

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Well I feel dumb, but I cannot find a link to start my own thread and introduce myself. I am so frustrated right now that my stomach hurts because I have questions to post! GRRRR...what am I doing wrong?!?

bkind2ppl is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Vancouver, BC Canada

Age (If you want): Proud 55

How Primal are you: Just starting

Do you consume dairy: Only hard cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: rarely

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of feeling sick and tired.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Not sure yet !

Best part about being Primal: Not sure

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure yet

Looking forward to the journey, Hope to find some help along the way. And talk to some people in the Pacific Northwest. ( I do travel to the US on a regular basis ).
    Cheers
    Carolann

Debby is offline Junior Member
    Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: starting 2nd Jan 2013

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss & to get fit

Favorite exercise: yoga

Favorite Primal food: ham & poached egg (without the granary toast, which used to be part of my favourite breakfast) & avocados

Best part about being Primal: hopefully feeling well again

Worst part about being Primal: the sneers from people who follow CW & think I'm bonkers

maggie88 is offline Junior Member
    Happy New Year Primal BP Friends -- I'm here and finally switching over from Atkins -- mid to post menopausal and it's slow going. I've been lurking around here for 2 years and just ordered Mark's books so... I'm hoping for some big changes here this year of 2013. Like about 40-50 lbs of change. Hoping to get and give some good insights and support here. We have a totally organic household and have for some years down to the spices but I've had issues not being able to lose weight much at all -- or yo yo dieting for the past 6 years -- up and down 30 lbs or so and it's really hard. Can't keep it off. I'm sure it's the age, hormonal and all of that stuff but kind of over it. I think movement is the key and I like that Mark includes good exercise.

Your location: Midwest

Age (If you want): Mid-50's

How Primal are you: Pretty Primal

Do you consume dairy: yes and I particularly love cream in my coffee every morning.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee mostly and sometimes green tea or iced tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Atkins not doable long haul

Favorite exercise: Weights, walking, zumba

Favorite Primal food: NY Strip steak

Best part about being Primal: feeling satisfied

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure yet.