Page 462 of 621 FirstFirst ... 362412452460461462463464472512562 ... LastLast
Results 4,611 to 4,620 of 6203

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 462

SCJB is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey gang...I see that an introduction is obligatory, so here goes...

Your location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: I'm mostly primal...my non-primal splurges are white rice (a few times a month), corn very infrequently (only when having tacos), and full-fat dairy (oranic whole milk in post workout shakes and all types of cheese). I also loves potatoes, which I believe to be primal, but that seems to be debatable.

Do you consume dairy: Yup...see above.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Only one coffee in the morning (I used to drink about 12 cups a day, but it had started to cause bad anxiety) and herbal tea throughout the day and at night.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Digestion issues. I know something is not right inside of my belly, and it has only been getting worse as I get older. I'm pretty sure gluten is the main culprit (which is why I'm cutting it out completely). I also get a lot of aches and pains and injure myself frequently which stops me from doing the things I love...I think a primal approach will help with this. Of course, there's also the vanity motivation

Favorite exercise: Squats! I used to hate them, but I've come to really love them.

Favorite Primal food: Prime rib roast...mmmm!

Best part about being Primal: No digestion issues. I feel that my teeth are cleaner too...more smooth, like when you get a dental cleaning done.

Worst part about being Primal: No Guinness!

goldenarms99 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Chicago better known as the windy city

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: About 65 - 70%. It's only been a few weeks, so I am making progress.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, only cheese with my breakfast and the occasional yogurt snack (I know, I know).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea primarily, I've have coffee every blue moon

Motivator for switching to Primal: Just trying to get into better shape after years of battling the bulge

Favorite exercise: Hitting the heavy bag, nothing like reliving Rocky IV or my favorite UFC moment!

Favorite Primal food: Spinach or Turkey

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great and the difference in my body composition

Worst part about being Primal: I miss my chips, I love chips.....

Owen is online now Senior Member
    Your location: Worcestershire UK

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: In the last 3 weeks, about 95% - early days but feel superb

Do you consume dairy: Yes - mainly butter for cooking, and still small amount of milk, but considering a trial period without the milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: Switched to tea only since I started out, again considering a trial without it, in week 5. (I have a structure for going primal which has helped me to change habits gradually)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Got sick of feeling awful, yo yo weight all my life, massive sweet tooth, had enough if it. Nature knows best.

Favorite exercise: Hiking and calisthetic type stuff - swinging sticks/axes and other 'natural' weight training

Favorite Primal food: To many to choose from, possibly streaky bacon cooked until crispy + scambled eggs + whatever greens. I cooked the shepherds pie using cauliflower from the recipe book last night, used Turkey mince and it was amazing. I am a foodie - I could go on for ever - smoked or salt cured salmon, fresh salads simply dressed in olive oil, black pepper and lemon juice, cooked chicken refried in olive oil and fajita seasoning (you must try that one) throw it on top of the fresh salad, mmmmm...., my own recipie dried coconut, nut and dried fruit museli....ok stop now. Basically I love the fact that going primal guarantees quality in what you eat and makes cooking everything very rewarding.

Best part about being Primal: Knowing its the right move, feeling way way way better, weight loss. Muscle tone appearing with little exercise, and not feeling the cold in winter (a surprising one, but in this climate, rather welcome). Growing a beard

Worst part about being Primal: Well, going out with some mates to the christmas market, I started off refusing beer and burgers, but ended up feeling left out, so the hardest part is knowing when to derail for social reasons (but I guess that can be worked out over time)
    Last edited by Owen; 12-20-2012 at 05:08 AM.

tzoi516 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Alexandria, VA
    Age (If you want): 44
    Do you consume dairy: Little
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, to both
    Motivator for switching to Primal: Lifestyle change
    Favorite exercise: Running on the treadmill
    Favorite Primal food: My guacamole
    Best part about being Primal: Better health
    Worst part about being Primal: Haven't found one

Since starting a Paleo/Primal Blueprint lifestyle change, I've lost 30 pounds in 7 months and I don't experience daily chronic heartburn - I never knew about gluten until reading Mark's book. There are a couple twists to my lifestyle change: I IF in the evenings (no foods after 6:30pm; liquids are OK), and I apply a Raw approach to vegetables (sans the seeds, grains, etc). Evening IF eliminates a bedtime bloating sensation.

Paleova is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:London

Age (If you want):31

How Primal are you:90%

Do you consume dairy:Yes (only raw unpasteurised)

Do you drink coffee or tea:Yes, I drink tea, one of my vices I guess...:-)

Motivator for switching to Primal:I read the Wheat Belly blog and then came across the Primal Blueprint and MDA and noticed immediate difference in energy levels (through the roof), general state of mind (very happy and no SAD syndrome anymore), weight loss (can actually see my stomach muscles, for first time ever).

Favorite exercise:Not started yet, but will start with bodyweight excersizes and like the idea of going swimming again!

Favorite Primal food:Everything really, although I will have to give the bone broth a try...

Best part about being Primal:That I feel great and know I am doing myself a huge favour by going primal.

Worst part about being Primal:Nothing whatsoever!

ruyo is offline Junior Member
    Hello Guys:

I'm initiating a Primal lifestyle as of today. I'm currently 34 years old, 269 lbs and with a total lack of energy, anxiety and bad mood. I'm considering the change since I have tried every single diet since I was 18, I lost 70 lbs last year and gained back 20. I don't want to yo-yo all of my life and my cousing who is an MD, suggested I read the PB. I have read the whole book and decided to start asap. My main concern is how long it will take to see real results and if consuming so much fat reflect on my blood work. I don't have any problems or suffer from anything other than being obese, but I really need to make a change in my life. To anyone that can offer their advice it would be rally appreciated. I plan to write often to update my results, hope all goes well.

Your location: Lima, Peru

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Beginning, will be totally primal.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but quitting.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, but quitting.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Obesity, lack of energy, lifestyle change

Favorite exercise: walking, squats, pushups.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, bacon.

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet, hope it works.

Worst part about being Primal: No sweets, will be a major challenge for me.

Regards,

1annie is offline Junior Member
    Hi to all.
    Interesting reading

Jozyfam is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Derry NH

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: 80% I don't get grass fed and wild caught meats and fish but I don't eat any processed foods or grains. I try to sleep at least 8 hours, exercise regularly.

Do you consume dairy: I use butter in cooking and cream in coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee but I am cutting back slowly

Motivator for switching to Primal: Did not feel well for years. Diagnosed with everything from Fibromyalgia to atheritis, to asthma and anxiety. Since change of diet health has been great.

Favorite exercise: Step but I am starting to love lifting

Favorite Primal food: meat(red)

Best part about being Primal: Being able to get in the morning and feel good instead of being in constant pain.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to plan out my food. I am not a good planner. Now I have to plan out my week to be sure I have food I want to eat for lunches.

Quickfeet101 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Missouri, USA

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Depends on who's defining the parameters , but I'd say 95%

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Butter, cheese and cream. Also planning to give raw milk a try when my source starts providing again in the spring.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Was off coffee and tea (been drinking water kefir), but read about bulletproof coffee and gave it a try. Don't want to be addicted like I used to be, though!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Eczema, increasing food allergies, less physical capacity than I believe I SHOULD have, inability to lose weight in spite of exercise and good-ish diet.

Favorite exercise: Anything that's a game. I love geocaching, I skate roller derby, do martial arts and am now lifting weights and sprinting according to PB during the off-season from derby.

Favorite Primal food: No surprise: BACON! But really everything. I am loving the food. I've really been enjoying trying new veggies from the farmer's market/CSA. Trying to get set up for meat and egg CSA for next year. Another favorite thing about PB is I am really enjoying supporting local farmers and meeting the people who produce my food.

Best part about being Primal: I'm in my off season now and can't wait to see my performance improvement. I've been a few months into changes in diet (pre-PB, but gluten free) and at the end of last season dropped 9 seconds off my 25 lap time. I had not had ANY drop in time for over a year and my time, after 2 years of intense derby training dropped only 20 from my completely untrained first 25 lap time, and it was totally nothing to brag about. I'm a little excited and hopeful. When running, I don't feel the weight in my lungs I had been feeling. I feel powerful and I like it. Hoo-RAY. I have known for the past few years how hard I was working, but it had not shown up in better capacity. I am hopeful I may have more improvements.

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to just eat with my family when visiting. But I am really glad for the commitment that has helped me completely resist all candy, cookies and donuts at the office during this Christmas season. Also, I haven't seen much movement on the scale, but it's still early days, so hanging in there.

Liliana is offline Junior Member
    Hi all, I'm a newbie and haven't fully converted yet. I am planning on starting the 30 day challenge in January. Various google searches I have done over the past few months kept bringing me to this website, and I was intrigued. Then a friend switched to paleo... more intrigued. Also, we've been eating more meat and veggies and less grains lately and it all seems to make sense. So, I'm here to glean from your wisdom.

Your location: Northeastern US. It's cold and snowy and rural.

How Primal are you: Still info-gathering. I hope ya'll won't shame me for that! I have several questions/personal concerns I am hoping for advice on.

Do you consume dairy: Very limited quantities. No cheese or milk. I do eat things cooked in/with butter. I am lactose intolerant, and after dropping milk and cheese from my diet (a year ago), I noticed a HUGE difference in my digestion.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 tiny espresso in the AM. Herbal tea in the day (chamomile)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. Also I have a toddler and find it has been very hard to make healthy choices, since time is short. I'm hoping that this will give me a framework to make better choices.

Favorite exercise: Walking and swimming

Favorite Primal food: Avocado, Chicken thighs

Other thoughts: I am a former anorexic and need to be careful about restricting my diet. I know from personal experience that people can hide behind dietary restrictions as a way to mask unhealthy eating habits/behaviors. So this a concern for me. I also do not want or need to lose weight. I am still breastfeeding and lost all my pregnancy weight when I actually wanted to keep a little extra on.
    Last edited by Liliana; 12-23-2012 at 08:41 AM. Reason: wanted to add more info