Page 460 of 601 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460461462470510560 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,600 of 6004

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 460

Nydra is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    SoulFull be sure not to accept Prilosec, Nexium or other stomach acid inhibitors long term. Buy some raw vinegar, put a couple of capfulls in 1/2 a glass of water and drink with a straw. This vinegar once was hard to find. It contains 'mother' which is what our grandparents used to make vinegar from apples much as we make sour dough bread from starter. It has the 'good bugs' and it aids digestion. Its not too great on enamel, however, so the straw works best.
    Without the stomach acid and mother in raw vinegar, our body can't break down the minerals it needs. We see knee and hip replacements. We see back surgeries and we see carpel tunnel, etc.. none of which I have and I'll be 70 this winter. Its okay to take medicine for a short spell, but I have friends who take these medicines for years.

Nydra is offline Junior Member
    last night I watched Harper on Turner Classics and his wife makes bacon and eggs. I notice this a lot in the old movies and none of those folks are obese.. except maybe Shelly Winters.

SoulFull is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nydra View Post
    SoulFull be sure not to accept Prilosec, Nexium or other stomach acid inhibitors long term. Buy some raw vinegar, put a couple of capfulls in 1/2 a glass of water and drink with a straw. This vinegar once was hard to find. It contains 'mother' which is what our grandparents used to make vinegar from apples much as we make sour dough bread from starter. It has the 'good bugs' and it aids digestion. Its not too great on enamel, however, so the straw works best.
    Without the stomach acid and mother in raw vinegar, our body can't break down the minerals it needs. We see knee and hip replacements. We see back surgeries and we see carpel tunnel, etc.. none of which I have and I'll be 70 this winter. Its okay to take medicine for a short spell, but I have friends who take these medicines for years.
    hey nydra, thank you for your post. I intent only to take natural dessicated thyroid shortish term...give it a boost and chance to rebuild before reducing it as I feel it can get better and heal. I tend to stay away from the muck that the drs would have me take. I save them for broken bones and the likes

Primal Beast is offline Junior Member
    Home, Woonsocket Rhode Island, age 51 years, how Primal? Full Speed Ahead, coffee yes black ever since I been drinking it for ever, reason for going primal, sick of feeling sick, favorite exercise, I have never really been at gym guy, I have always worked in the construction field, never had a need for the gym. But know that I am 51 and my work load is lighter, I'm enjoying all the exercising that I am doing, even the sprints. Food, hmmm Steak very rare "black and blue". Best part, not feeling sick. Worst part about being Primal, knowing that the my favorite breakfast place will most likely never be primal. I've been handing out my toast to my breakfast buds, I let them pick the type they would like. And then cus at the grains sitting in there plates.

tellulah is offline Junior Member

New primal mom in Kansas City

Hello everyone! My name is Kim, I'm a wife and mom of 3 in Kansas City. I've found my comfort zone in the modern world thanks to the primal way of life. I'm not 100%, but working on it. My health has to be top notch, I want to be around to see my babies through everything!

I took advantage of Mark's offer of the free PB audiobook with his new cookbook and I just love it. Thought I'd check out this forum to find answers and fill in some gaps. I'm going to submit a request for a Mark's Daily Apple topic, but wanted to introduce myself first.

Your location: Kansas City, Missouri...grass-fed beef wonderland!

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you: Finally got validation for going barefoot all the time...as for eating, I'm completely off of processed foods, fast foods, grains, and only use sugars such as maple sugar, honey, sucanat in moderation...and the only thing I really grasp onto it is...*see next question!

Do you consume dairy: Raw milk and homemade kefir, cutting back on yogurt...love goat cheese! I eat way more dairy that I think I should, I have no problem digesting it, but I want to trade it for something completely primal. Working on it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Daily, sometimes double daily!...but just decided to cut it in half, to see if I can "wean" from my organic coffee with heavy raw cream...and drink more green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Babies. I couldn't keep up with my toddler, and I was tired of being a chunkster. I also despise getting the cold and flu...living primally is the best defense.

Favorite exercise: My toddler and I "stalk" each other. I'll turn around to see her sneaking up on me, and then we attack each other and it escalates into a chase around the house.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Snagging all the size 6 skirts from people who can no longer wear them because they eat too many muffins...

Worst part about being Primal: Dealing with people who think treating my kids means buying them donuts...and, thinking about all the years I spent wearing a size 16....ahhhg!!

ActiveLivingLesley is offline Junior Member
    Hello!...I am looking for fellow Newfoundland Primal support...I am starting to feel a bit uneasy about going actively outside by myself now with weather, daylight changes etc...I need that extra motivation and company!

The Questions:

Your location:

St. John's, Newfoundland

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

I started about 3 mths ago and am about 90% Primal?

Do you consume dairy:

Yes for Cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Yes for both daily.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

For a few years now I had been eating CW means of 'healthy'...already active of what one 'should and shouldn't' be eating with added daily strength training at the gym. Ultimately looked the best I have ever been but something still didn't add up to what I was seeing in the mirror and what I felt on the inside. I thought with this effort I should have seen stronger, leaner results. I started to get discouraged and started to waver from 'clean eating' and became my nautral emotional/comfort food eater and then I became pregnant (2nd child; with the 1st child being 10yrs earlier). This only opened the door for me to say 'I'll eat what I want for next 9 mths and once baby arrives...get right back into it again". (It will come off quick after the baby; just like the first time! hahaha) The second pregnancy came and went...lost half the weight...then PLATEAUEDDDDD at 3mths post-baby....and I was trying my best nutrition EVER! (or so I was brought to believe) This sent me to BLAH LAND...'comfort food, take-out cravings and sugar cravings)...which of course made me feel like the biggest failure! I couldn't understand it...I was eating my 'best' and still felt bloated, emotional and REALLY guilty because I couldn't get all my 'daily water' intake or my workouts in because the baby was really fussy and wouldn't let me out of her sight! So the cravings for take-out took over...no workouts, mood highs and lows....so one day being REALLY DESPERATE...I googled something along the lines of How to stop eating junk food/take-out...and it brought me to Mark's blog! I got the book from the Library and haven't looked back...all my thoughts and questions of why I still felt yucky eating clean when I should be feeling fantastic...for a while I thought it was all in my head and that I should just be working out more or eating less!!!!! OHHH THE GUILT...it used to keep me up at night...as well as the baby. I would be doing 8:00 pm, midnight, 3:00 am, or 5:00 am feedings and be feeling sooo guilty during the day and night that I wasn't working out enough or didn't have my 8 glasses of water today (so I couldn't possibly lose weight) because I was too busy with the baby! PHEW sooo much 'weight' was lifted off my shoulders!

Favorite exercise:

Grok Walking, Spartan 300, Animal movements, Yoga

Favorite Primal food:

Avocado, Bacon, Omelets and Spinach

Best part about being Primal:

Eating and feeling great on the inside and finally seeing the results on the outside as a reflection of that! Being 'active' in my life....getting myself out of my comfort zone.

Worst part about being Primal:

Ummmm...I am a big Peanut fan, I have given them up tho for most part (I am even allergic to them...I'm sooo bad I know!) and beans...I did enjoy some beans now and then....
    Last edited by ActiveLivingLesley; 12-14-2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Realized after reading I am probably more Primal than I thought??

jacs1961 is offline Junior Member
    Hi...my name is Jacqui...wife and mother of 3 in Ontario, Canada....have been off work for the past year due to disability...arthritis in both knees, very little cushioning between the joints...can no longer work in my field as a training manager for a fast food restaurant....orthopedic surgeon says I need new knees sometime in the next 10-15 yrs..can you say wake up call!!!Started researching...joined Goodlife fitness here in town and started work on muscles around the knees, however still following the CW diet...eating 5-6 times a day etc....found Mark's blog in September and have been working on being paleo/primal for the past few months...

Your location: Milton, Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: 80-85%

Do you consume dairy: yes, cream for coffee, aged cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea, one cup of coffee daily

Motivator for switching to Primal: health reasons

Favorite exercise:

Favorite Primal food: bacon

Best part about being Primal: no 2pm energy slump, weight loss (fat)

Worst part about being Primal: loose skin in the arms from weight loss...will this get better with more work on the arm muscles???

ColoradoRon is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Frederick, CO

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: As of today, VERY

Do you consume dairy: Heavy whipping cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of holding my breath while I tie my shoes!!

Favorite exercise: Really? People have a favorite? Guess I will soon find one.

Favorite Primal food: bacon

Best part about being Primal: Hopefully weighloss, will find out soon enough.

Worst part about being Primal: Im a nighttime eater....bad!
    As of Dec. 15, 2012
    320LBS

Goal-220LBS and fit!

Follow my podcasts here!

Simonel is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Delaware, Ohio

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: 60%

Do you consume dairy: milk, some cheese, generally raw

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: the goal to change my way of life

Favorite exercise: weight lifting, intense workout, soccer

Favorite Primal food: meat and fruits

Best part about being Primal: motivation

Worst part about being Primal: none

sjoey28 is offline Junior Member
    Just started Primal and I thought I would pop in and say "HI"

1. Live in Japan (Okinawa).
    2. age 39.
    3. Just started Primal.
    4. I consume cheese, yogurt and very little milk.
    5. Two cups of coffee in the morning, Tea sometimes.
    6. Recently I read what the CDC is now saying about health and inflamation, which follows in line with Primal and Paleo.
    7. Body weight training, TRX, and kettlebells. Favorite exercise has got to be the Burpee.
    8. Steak.
    9. Best part: feeling full but not "I want to curl into a ball and die" full
    10. Worst part: Holiday parties.
    BKHp6.jpg I have attached this, you may have to zoom in, from the CDC. Thought it would be a good read.