Page 458 of 629 FirstFirst ... 358408448456457458459460468508558 ... LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 6289

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 458

jeneves is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Kamloops BC

How Primal are you: Very primal...and also very new to it (6 weeks approx)

Do you consume dairy?: I haven't been since I cut out everything else

Do you drink coffee or tea?: god yes

Motivator for switching to primal: weight loss and ongoing GI problems

Favorite exercise: Yoga

Favorite primal food: um so far I would have to say pumpkin pancakes

Best part about being being primal: decreased hunger

Worst part about being primal: so far eating out has been the most challenging part. Its when I have struggled with being the most tempted to eat sugar and or grain products of some kind

Guitar Jon is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Johannesburg, South Africa

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: One week in, cut out sugar a few months ago. Still learning, but its easy to get the hang of.

Do you consume dairy: yes, i've cut out milk now, see how that goes, but i use butter...and a bit of cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love my coffee, its tasting better and better.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Read too much on the internet to not try it out. Makes sense.

Favorite exercise: Right now its bodyweight, pushups, pullups, etc. Starting barbell stuff next week.

Favorite Primal food: hmmm. So far, its my eggs with butter breakfast (the mountain is growing!), and Chicken/Avo salad with a few mixed nuts and seeds thrown in, lots of avo oil dressing. And a huge rare steak.

Best part about being Primal: It feels right, it makes sense.

Worst part about being Primal: No more...pizza. I suppose. But then i have walked away from much bigger loves before.

KT79 is offline Member
    Your location: Near Chicago, IL

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Pretty primal - I occasionally eat white potatoes or a gluten free baked good. Once in awhile I'll drink a gluten free beer.

Do you consume dairy: Once in awhile

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink one cup of black tea (at home) and one cup of black coffee (at work) most days. We don't make coffee at home anymore, except on the weekends. I drink a lot of herbal tea in the evenings, mostly mint.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was diagnosed with celiac disease a little over two years ago. After trying a lot of gluten free substitutes, I've decided I feel better just going without grains. I don't miss most of the gluten foods anymore, anyway, and I find too many of the substitutes are either contaminated with gluten, or just don't make me feel good due to the weird gums and other ingredients and high carb/sugar factor. My family was already been buying grass fed beef and natural raised pork, and we joined a CSA this past year, so I've been on this trajectory for awhile.

Favorite exercise: Weight lifting and hiking.

Favorite Primal food: There's too many to choose from - brussels sprouts and rutabaga are my favorite vegetables right now, and Trader Joe's boneless, skinless sardines in olive oil are my favorite snack.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good!

Worst part about being Primal: Getting my husband on board

Noni56 is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone, nice to meet you

Your location: Oregon

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Hardly at all yet. I'm switching over from a vegetarian diet, so it's taking a little bit. I want to incorporate meat back in before dropping all the junky carbs, I think if I try both at once it will be too much. @_@ So far my stomach is handling the meat well, though I don't eat it every day. The goal is to be eating fully primal by January.

Do you consume dairy: I do in cheese and yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Drink a lot of herbal teas. I used to drink a cup of coffee everyday, but I cut back to a couple of times a week about two months ago because I didn't want to become dependent.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Brain fog... fat loss would be a nice bonus, but I am primarily concerned about my brain. Being vegetarian was really easy, but my brain has gotten really foggy over the past couple of years and it just gets worse and worse. >_< I'm hoping a diet change will fix that.

Favorite exercise: Really enjoy weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: Eggs! I eat them pretty much every day... XD I can never get sick of them.

Best part about being Primal: We'll see!

Worst part about being Primal: I love bread and sweets...will be tough at first to abstain. >_>;; I just have to not buy bread at all.

Sean is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone.

I'll skip the bullet-style of answering the questions if you don't mind, so here goes!

My name is Seán, I'm 39 years old and live in Ireland.

I've recently (past month) given up gluten and have noticed improvements in my digestion. That started me researching different ways of eating, and then I discovered this site a week or so ago.

I've now given up grains (might have rice sometimes though) and have started on a low carb way of eating. I have stopped using PUFAs and now use EVOO on my vegetables/salads and EVCO/lard for cooking.

I need to watch my budget though... so I don't eat much meat, mostly eggs and frozen fish fillets, canned fish (sardines, herring, tuna, mackerel), some chicken maybe once a week. I used to be a semi-vegetarian kind of guy, consuming lots of legumes and whole grains (which was cheap!).

I'm interested in changing my diet, losing some excess abdominal fat, maybe start an exercise regime in the near future.
    I'm not sure of my exact weight... I think I weighed 74kg a few moths back, up from around 67kg a year before that! I'm 5'11' tall.

Thanks for reading!

Jesster is offline Member
    Your location: Cornwall, UK

How Primal are you: About 90%.

Do you consume dairy?: Oh yes, but if I stop losing weight that'll be the first to go!

Do you drink coffee or tea?: Tea, yes. British, see? Coffee makes me swirly.

Motivator for switching to primal: Weight loss. Underneath the fat cardigan I have a body of steel.

Favorite exercise: Surfing, polo, daydreaming about Thor.

Favorite primal food: Bacon. It's always bacon....!

Best part about being being primal: Decreased hunger, ability to skip meals and not worry about food constantly. I'm freeeeee!

Worst part about being primal: Having to refrain from beating friends and family over the head with the book while shouting "Just read the bloody thing will you?! Look at what you are doing!!!". Oh, and my shopping bill. I cry a little inside each week.

Stevo628 is offline Junior Member

Primal-meter: about 90 percent
    Dairy? less and less
    Coffee? by the gallon..

Motivation for Primal? I was low-carbing my way back to a healthy weight and hit a plateau. started to look for a tweak for the diet and stumbled onto this community/lifestyle. I am into motocross and had seen some top pros were going "pre-agrarian" and that helped encourage me.

Excercise? Pullups, running, moto, bump-skiing, mountain biking, and my eliptical during the harsh wisconsin winters..
    Primal food? some of the chili recipes are simply mind blowing...

Best part of primal? The energy levels are great and the compliments sure dont hurt. losing weight without hunger, feeling great, where does it end? 4 months in and Primal got me through my plateau by 15 lbs and my runtimes and max reps improved. win-win.

Worst? SE Wisconsin is like ground zero for beer,fried cheese curds and obesity. Just think Lavern and Shirly, not the land of the "beautiful people" to say the least. So I am going upstream to say the least. I have only one co-conspirator so far but I will save a few more.. Been checking these forums daily for a while and decided to sign in today.

Salkeela is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: UK

Age (If you want): Late 40's

How Primal are you: 1 week in and so far so very "good"!

Do you consume dairy: At present "yes" as kefir and in hot drinks. Will phase out later probably.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes in moderation

Motivator for switching to Primal: Myalgic Encephalomyelitis - or as it is sometimes know Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I have been told this diet will help my condition. Anything is worth a try.

Favorite exercise: Sadly limited in this at the moment due to the effects of post-exertional malaise, however I do enjoy gentle walks with the dogs and seem to be able to tolerate this, and a little bit of agility training with my terrier, who runs on ahead to the obstacles, so I can just walk and issue directions. (She may or may not listen very carefully, depending on her mood!)

Favorite Primal food: A chicken drumstick instead of a munch on toast!

Best part about being Primal: So far I DO have more energy and a clearer head... if this continues I will be one happy bunny!

Worst part about being Primal: Inconvenience of putting others out when I eat at theirs. But folk have been supportive to date, and I have very few veggie friends, so there is always meat on offer!!!

PaleoSapien is offline Junior Member
    Namaste from Nepal! Kathmandu to be exact, but I'm an American New Englander with all northern Euro blood.
    I'm coming up fast on 60 years old (YIKES!)

How Primal am I? Well, I've had almost no wheat or other grains since July, few legumes, almost no sugar. However, I think I'm eating too much protein and no where near enough fat.

Do I consume dairy: Hardly ever. Maybe with the occasional latte. But, I do love whipped cream on my strawberries.

Do I drink coffee or tea: Yup.

What motivated me to switch to Primal: I have some issues that may be auto immune (worst is lichen sclerosis) and began researching diet to see about improvement. Also, I've put on those pounds in the middle since surgical menopause at 48 and a long bout with adrenal exhaustion. I just knew it was time for a change.

What's my favorite exercise? I was never fast but I used to LOVE to trail run. One of my knees has now told me I cannot! I walk a bit, but definitely need to crank up on the exercise. I do work about 1/2 my day at a walking desk.

My favorite primal food is a big, fatty, juicy steak. Unfortunately, those are extremely hard to come by here in South Asia.

The best part about becoming primal for me has been the EASY weight loss.

The worst part is that I cannot buy most of the foods I'd like to have. I don't really have the time to raise my own chickens/eggs, goats, water buffalo. So, what I eat is pretty compromised. I don't think any of my meat is grass-fed. I really don't want to move back to America, but I may have to if I decide the health benefits of good primal food are worth it. First, though, I need to get my kids through high school! That's the other bad part about being primal, being unable to even talk much with them about the evils of bread and pasta! Perhaps when they're older...

Rincewind is offline Junior Member
    Morning I'm Dave from the United Kingdom (Nottinghamshire) pleased to meet everyone.

How Primal are you? I have been on a Cyclic ketogenic diet for about 6 months, I have now made the commitment to going full Paleo.

Do you consume dairy: 3-4 Lattes a day which I will be cutting back on/out from this point

Do you drink coffee or tea: See above.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to become the best I can physically be and after a lot of research Paleo makes so much sense whats more natural than genetics.

Favorite exercise: Progressive calisthenics / Kickboxing

Favorite Primal food:Bacon/Chicken - too close to call.

Best part about being Primal: Includes all the food's I enjoy

Worst part about being Primal: Living in the UK means it can be hard and very expensive to source good Paleo food.