Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 6208

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 457

miata is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The Questions:

Your location: Silicon Valley

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: 80%.

80% Primal: I only eat plants and "wild animals" which pretty much limits me to fish and other sea food. I avoid processed foods and grains for the most part. I have a 25 minute light aerobic bike commute to work. I do about 3x30 minutes of resistance workouts a week.

20% Non-Primal: I really like cycling and probably do too much aerobic according to what I'm reading. I won't cut out the long weekend rides, but started riding less during the week. I rely on soy milk and beans to provide low cost protein and I occasionally eat whole grain toast with almond butter. I still need to try to try out the sprint program.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green Tea and coffee only on weekends

Motivator for switching to Primal: I kind of backed into it. I tried 99% plant for about 3 months to see if it would help me with improving general health, energy levels, improve sleep, digestion, weight loss, etc. That worked out very well, but I felt like I needed fish for variety, Omega 3 and to balance things out. Then I came across the MDA web site and most of the information here made more sense than anything else out there. So, now I call myself primal.

Favorite exercise: road biking (3-6 hour weekend rides with lots of hill climbing), lat pull downs, bench presses

Favorite Primal food: wild king salmon, lots of nuts and seeds, veggie stir fry, dark chocolate

Best part about being Primal: Watching the body fat just burn off, feeling stronger and about 20 years younger

Worst part about being Primal: I still haven't gotten other family members converted, so we often eat different things at meals.

BTW, I still don't get the high fat diet thing that many advocate. I eat a ton of plant food (veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, etc ), fish and legumes. I use plenty of EVOO, virgin coconut oil, hemp seed oil, walnut oil, etc. I know that I get enough calories from what I eat -- even with the amount of aerobic exercise I do. I would probably start eating beef, pork, poultry and eggs if I knew that they were natural and if it weren't so darn expensive for the healthy stuff. But then again, Grok didn't eat domesticated animals, so why should I?
    Last edited by miata; 12-04-2012 at 10:02 PM.

Lindsay is offline Junior Member
    Hey all! Glad to be a part of the growing community .

Some info:

Your location: Ottawa, ON, Canada <3

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Hmmm this is a tough one. What does being primal really mean? I think it means different things to different people. To me it means eating whole, healthy, freshly prepared foods (no processed foods) along with living an active lifestyle which allows me to enjoy my body and all the things taking care of myself properly allows me to do! If I had to rate myself as being primal along those terms, I'd give myself a 10!

Do you consume dairy: No not really. I have tried incorporating raw dairy (from a local farmer) but it didn't agree with me and I didn't feel great after having it. I look at it as something I don't need, and since I don't miss it, it doesn't bother me.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yep. Probably 4 or 5 small cups of coffee a week and toonnnssss of tea. I LOVE tea (real tea that is, not the little dried baggy stuff) and I usually have a thermos full wherever I go .

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was feeling really unwell for a long time and I had no idea why. I was exhausted, anxious, weak, irritable and just generally miserable. I would suffer from horrible bloating and pains after eating what seemed like everything. I'd get terrible crashes after binging on carbs (in an effort to give myself some energy) and it was starting to affect my family, my friends and my work. I needed a change but had no idea where to start.

Favorite exercise: I love lunges and all out sprints.

Favorite Primal food: Fresh whole fish, all seafood, fresh young coconut and salted duck!

Best part about being Primal: Honestly I could ramble on and on here about all the reasons!
    -Looking and feeling amazing!
    -Rolling out of bed at 6am rearing to go (no alarm needed) and not stopping until 10pm without feeling any lag in energy
    -More in touch with my mind and my body's needs and responses
    -Physically and mentally stronger
    -Tons of energy
    -Clear skin, strong nails and shiny hair
    etc etc etc!! My life has changed tremendously and it's all for the better!

Worst part about being Primal: Is this a trick question? I guess maybe the looks people can give you when you tell them (crazy hippie!!) but I know what's best for me and body and I always try remember I used to think the same thing they do. I try to turn it into a positive thing and take the opportunity to share some of the benefits if they're interested -- and if they're not, well, I'll see how their lifestyle is working for them 10, 20, 30 years down the road... and then maybe they won't think I'm so crazy.
    Last edited by Lindsay; 12-04-2012 at 01:55 PM.

IrishSodaBread is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone! My name is Larry aka IrishSodaBread
    (An appropriate name being one of my "former" favorite foods and two things I have given up as of late. (Diet Soda and Bread-grains) I found out about this site and the PB thanks to Steve and his "Jedi Council" over at NerdFitness. My answers to the questions:

Your location: Northern NY (Think Canada)

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: 80/20 maybe a bit more as of a week ago (NEWBIE!)

Do you consume dairy: LOVE milk/cheese but now only going to consume minimally via FULL FAT Organic Yogurt and an occassional glass of whole milk as a treat. (I always drank skim before since I drank it so often-avoiding "evil fat")

Do you drink coffee or tea: No although I may try green tea. Don't like coffee or tea generally and I enjoy not having caffeine in my system to tell you the truth

Motivator for switching to Primal: I realized what I've been doing my whole life wasn't making sense or working for my body/life. PB just makes sense to me. Looked at Paleo first but Primal seems right to/for me.

Favorite exercise: Sports! Hiking/cycling as well. In terms of gym (medicine ball push ups, dips, squats, dead lifts. I want to love pull ups. They are my weak spot but I hope to grow to love them.)

Favorite Primal food: It's early yet but my top two foods that happen to be Primal are Eggs and Fish. A nice steak/burger (no bun) is always welcomed.

Best part about being Primal: Overall health, strength, etc. Feeling good, looking good, & it's simple.

Worst part about being Primal: As of right now...the adjustment to becoming grain free/fat adapted as a whole. My body is definitely feeling the transition. Other than that, I really like whole concept. Thank you Mark and all of you that are a part of this site for all that you've done and do!! I am so excited to go PRIMAL!

♣Larry

IrishSodaBread is offline Junior Member
    P.S. In terms of Worst part about being Primal: One of my favorite things on the planet, other than milk, is peanut butter. Having to say good bye to that will take some time...and tears. LOL

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Speedway, IN

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: new

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: no, no

Motivator for switching to Primal: various

Favorite exercise: none haha

Favorite Primal food: meat?

Best part about being Primal: meat!

Worst part about being Primal: I have to eat plants :/

flutter_girl is offline Junior Member
    Hello! Wow, I'm on page 457 which makes me unique? My friend Phillip recommended I check this forum out for help finding pastured foods and wild game. Oh, and I'm a girl. woman. whatever.

Your location: Denver, CO

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: I'm actually on SCD/GAPS right now which is similar to Primal.

Do you consume dairy: A little cheese and butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I am caffeine free, but I'm considering trying Bulletproof coffee (just got my shipping notification!)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have a chronic GI condition and I'm in the middle of a flare up. I started the SCD/GAPS diet a few days ago. I hope to eventually transition into the Primal diet after my digestive system has healed. Before starting GAPS I was mostly vegan. I'm seeking to try Primal to manage my condition in the long term.

Favorite exercise: Backpacking

Favorite Primal food: Wild Salmon.

Best part about being Primal: It gives me hope for better health and uses good science to support it's theories.

Worst part about being Primal: My fear of factory farming (as a former vegan for several years). The reason I'm here is to ease the stress of learning how to ferment foods, find pastured meats, butter and eggs, find a source of wild game, etc.

Thanks so much!

CROMAGNON74 is offline Junior Member
    Hello tribe,
    I've been Primal and following MDA for almost 2 years now, I felt like joining the thread community.

Love to all

CROMAGNON74

Your location:EL SALVADOR

Age (If you want):38

How Primal are you:85-95%

Do you consume dairy:Some hard-aged cheeses, Heavy cream and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea:Loads of coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:It simply made sense

Favorite exercise:Hiking

Favorite Primal food:Steak

Best part about being Primal:The feeling of well being

Worst part about being Primal:Sometimes I miss the crispiness of a good baguette

Hello Flutter_girl, welcome, looks like we are the most recent newbies

Once you try almond butter (if you haven't yet) you'll forget the other stuff exists

Caityface is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Texas

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Just starting out.

Do you consume dairy: Oh, yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both—I don't discriminate.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Digestive problems with grain. Vanity—I want those she abs!

Favorite exercise: Running—long distances.

Favorite Primal food: I'm looking forward to lots and lots of steak.

Best part about being Primal: I'm just starting out, but hopefully it will be missing out on the pain of grain.

Worst part about being Primal: I have a feeling I'm going to be experiencing a bad case of the low carb flu.