Page 456 of 631 FirstFirst ... 356406446454455456457458466506556 ... LastLast
Results 4,551 to 4,560 of 6306

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 456

Nick Waves is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hello! It is good to be here.

My name is Nick and I live in Abu Dhabi

I'm 37

I'm trying to be pretty primal. Right now about 85%, if not more.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've tried so many different things: veggie, vegan, raw vegan, fruitarian... I think I actually developed a fear of food from it. The Primal plan just makes sense, intrinsically as well as scientifically. And I feel amazing!

Favorite exercise: pull ups. this is my weakness. I also love kettlebells: the Turkish Get Up is no joke!

Favorite Primal food: eggs and meat on the bone.

Best part about being Primal: My fear of food has completely vanished.

Worst part about being Primal: I haven't found anything thus far.

Blaze is offline Junior Member
    Hi Name is Dave and I am day 2 into Primal living

Your location: UK, Kent

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Just started the switch

Do you consume dairy: Have switched to coconut milk. Is going to be hard as hard cheese is my chocolate.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to primal: during the peak phase of Ironman training I had a motorbike accident for the last 6 months I have been sedentary outside of gym rehab sessions as my knee was badly damaged and required 3 hours of surgery. I have packed on 11 kilos eating what I want, and I am miserable. Primal blueprint was leant to me by a very driven individual after 10 minutes of first meeting him. I read it and understood, not the associated family but I feared becoming Korg as I actually almost match Mr Korg's figures.

Favorite exercise: Anything Kettle bell, Bulgarian Bag although at the moment and for at least 6 months I am limited to what I can do.

Favorite Primal food: Steak, Eggs Nuts

Best part about being Primal: Yet to really know but the freshness and colour on the plate is so inviting

Worst part about being Primal: NO CHEESE :-(

Hoping to be here for a long long time

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    Hello all, I was active on the forums a couple years ago (2010) when I first went primal/gluten-free, but haven't been around lately because I've spent every waking hour over the past 18 months finishing up my dissertation. Not exercising, gaining weight, not enough sunshine, extreme stress, poor sleep ... you get the picture! Well, I passed my defense this week and am getting my life back now -- and back in balance. From now until New Years I'm going to focus on de-stressing and slowly start getting back in shape, but not worry about being low-carb so I can enjoy making gluten-free goodies with my kids for the holidays After the holidays I'll be more mindful of diet too -- but my first priority is to get over my "PhD PTSD" and learn how to relax again!

Your location: Virginina, USA

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Went primal/gluten-free in 2010, I've kept up with the eating, the the rest of the principles... not so much

Do you consume dairy: Only cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 2 cups of coffee in the morning

Motivator for switching to primal: We found it while researching the switch to gluten-free once I realized I was gluten-intolerant and that was probably what caused my Hashimoto's ... and this is the way of eating that feels best to us (me and my husband of 13 years)

Favorite exercise: nothing, right now. Arc-trainer used to be my favorite form of cardio, and I've enjoyed weight training in the past

Favorite Primal food: Steak, wild-caught salmon

Best part about being Primal: it's a balanced approach to life. Many people focus on just the eating, and I have too for the past 2 years and that has gotten me through tremendous stress without getting sick the way I would have in the past -- but I sorely miss the rest!

Worst part about being Primal: ?

It's good to be back and I hope to see some old friends again!
    Mikki

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Your location: near Riverside, CA

Age (If you want): 75

How Primal are you: new to Primal

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup coffee in the morning, only

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm recuperating from the flu and my stomach is not cooperating. Eating has been making me sick, so I eat very little and have lost 8#. This is NOT the way to loose weight. Further, Going Primal will mean my husband and I will be cooking seperate meals. So I've cooked for myself for 2 days and have not been getting sick(er). But maybe I'm just recovering from the flu.

Favorite exercise: Walking, and before this all started, lifting weights.

Favorite Primal food: Butter (I haven't had it in years, boy is it good), and steak.

Best part about being Primal: If my stomach becomes operative again.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm very worried about the Chlorestorel in the diet. My normal Chlorestorel is 530, it reduces to 320 with 2000mg Niacin / day. I'm allergic to all Statins. I also take zetia. But my doctors are NOT happy with 320.

Can you give me some help on the Chlorestorel questions?

Lisa Smith is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Kentucky (as in everything is fried)

Age (If you want): 56

How Primal are you: Not even sure if I'm qualified to estimate yet. I ate pie on Thanksgiving day but haven't had bread since. Have had some crackers though. Totally grain free is going to be very difficult for me.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, homemade plain yogurt, cheese and Kefir (commercial)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both. Coffee usually only two cups in the morning. Tea not as much as I used to.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To get healthy and lose weight. Four months ago I was 5ft. 9 in. and 198 lbs. Did a vitamix whole foods cleanse in Aug. for 10 days and got down to 188. Have lost 3 more lbs. in the past couple of weeks just avoiding soft drinks and bread

Favorite exercise: Love to walk but because of knee problems can't seem to do much of that. Cycling doesn't bother my knee though. I have tried the most beginner progressive PEM exercises and squats don't seem to bother my knees either. As a matter of fact I'm hoping that they will help alleviate the pain.

Favorite Primal food: Hmmm. Plants and animals. Haven't been able to find grass fed yet but organic veggies are easy. I love exploring cooking from scratch. Made my own chicken broth the other day from an organic chicken I had rotisseried.

Best part about being Primal: I'm such a newbie it's hard to say but I already have more energy.

Worst part about being Primal: I have always been such a carb-aholic that some things are going to be hard. Like the crackers for example. I haven't tried a BLT without bread yet. Somehow that just doesn't seem right but I will try soon.

Ice breaker thread FTW!

Your location: Kyiv, Ukraine.

Age (If you want): 29, and thrilled to have established some good habits before I turn 30!

How Primal are you: Pretty primal. My motto for deviating is "special bread on special occasions." I'll have some birthday cake at a birthday party. But I will not have hamburger buns at a birthday party - nothing special about hamburger buns. And I will not have some birthday cake because it was on sale at the grocery store bakery. That's not a special occasion. This can, however, become a problem when you're, say, moving away and everyone you know is throwing you a goodbye dinner or party every night of the week, which recently happened. Oy. Worth it on a different level, but when we leave Kyiv, I gotta come up with a different strategy.

Do you consume dairy: Less and less. I really don't see myself giving up cheese, though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, with gusto!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Hypoglycemia. Being hungry was like the end of the freakin' world. Now it's just a mildly annoying rumble in the belly.

Favorite exercise: Pushups. Because I CAN DO LOTS OF THEM!!!!! :-D And that makes me feel special.

Favorite Primal food: Probably my husband's osso bucco.

Best part about being Primal: Being healthy while eating the yummy things. Seriously, I have discovered that bread is merely a vehicle for the yummy things - cheese, nut butter, real butter, etc. Spoons work just as well! :-D

Worst part about being Primal: Moving to a new country (which we do quite often) and having to figure out what's what all over again. I still have no idea where to find grass-fed beef in Ukraine. Or spinach (I know, right?). But I'm getting there.

FitRob is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Chicago, IL

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you:

Fairly primal some of the time. After some adjustments I have the sleep and many of the lifestyle elements down but seriously I not been able to stick to the diet. Today so far I am very primal, so far that is... Get a cake or some ice cream in front of me after a few days of Primal eating and look out brother.

I am hoping I can find guidance and inspiration to stick with the diet. Bad carbs are like crack and my eating habits are like a crack habit, a very very bad crack habit. I feel out of control food cravings sometimes. I eat as if I am going to the electric chair. It's lame but it's the truth.

Do you consume dairy: Only with my coffee :-) unless there is Ice Cream in front of me.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Weigh loss and increased athletic performance. I am very fit (like 20 minutes 5k, 40 pull-ups in a row, bench 300 lbs, deadlift 450 lbs kind of fit) but much softer than I should be. My blood chemistry profile is excellent per my Doctor with a sub-40 resting heart rate and super low blood pressure. I actually wear a medical bracelet because of my low resting heart-rate after an ER incident (another story all together). I have an athletic background i.e. Football, Rugby, Long course triathlons and bike racing. I am that fit/fat type of guy now and its terrible.

If I was training for an event or sport I had no problem losing weight and staying trim but now it seems almost impossible. After 4 knee surgeries (on the same knee) I can no longer train obsessively like I used to so I am in the weird quandary of fit-fattiness. It sucks.

Favorite exercise: Squats, Dead-lifts, real Weightlifting, body-weight movements, pistols (one legged squats)... Basically if I do not lift weights or train my knee hurts. Sounds odd but its the truth. I workout about 6 days a week and really feel good. I recover well and feel very strong. I just need to get lean and I having one hell of a time doing it.

Favorite Primal food: Steak, yum!

Best part about being Primal: Meat and Veggie combinations, I like cooking and I am kind of a foodie.

Worst part about being Primal: This should say "worst part about trying to be primal"..... Social Stigma, I feel orthorexic around family and friends.

Linds13 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ottawa

Age (If you want): 19

How Primal are you: This whole summer I was full paleo, since moving back to school it has been expensive so I try my best

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: avid on both accounts

Motivator for switching to Primal: This summer I was training for a marathon.. thought I would give paleo a try to avoid the spike during training

Favorite exercise: floor wipers

Favorite Primal food: avocado salad!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling amazing

Worst part about being Primal: too expensive

lmarkarian is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Massachusetts

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: just started today, 12/3/2012

Do you consume dairy: Greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: For my health and weight loss; want to enjoy my later years

Favorite exercise: lifting heavy things; anything kettlebell

Favorite Primal food: avocado

Best part about being Primal: I don't have to eat a certain amount of this or that

Worst part about being Primal:
    . Already missing chocolate

iwamas is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey all... Name is Ash and I read the Primal Blueprint and have been Primal for 12 days now...

The Questions:

Your location: Amman, Jordan

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: since i started 12 days ago... strictly primal

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea with lemon

Motivator for switching to Primal: health

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: meat... any kind

Best part about being Primal: never feeling stuffed or bloated

Worst part about being Primal: i miss candy and junk food... lol