Page 455 of 620 FirstFirst ... 355405445453454455456457465505555 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 6197

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 455

Pamela0284 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    ~Pamela
    ~Level 1 primal
    ~Been going at it for nearly 2 weeks. All this cooking and shopping is exhausting! (but interesting)
    ~Motivation for switching to primal - want to have more energy to work out and to dance. Want to improve my mood swings, my complexion, and various GERD related stomach problems
    ~Favorite exercise: dance
    ~Best part about being primal - feel good about my health, and I think my skin is starting to feel clearer already
    ~Worst part about being primal - having difficulty getting enough calories every day. Keep cheating by eating chocolates at work.

sof-sof is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Kelowna, BC, CANADA
    Age (If you want): 21 in a month

How Primal are you: 86% (Just an A grade in school)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, trying to limit myself but 'tis hard.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Mostly oolong tea, coffee once every few weeks

Motivator for switching to Primal: Problems with binge-eating carbohydrates, feeling like wheat products control me.

Favorite exercise: reverse sit-ups

Favorite Primal food: Steamed broccoli with butter.

Best part about being Primal: Waking up before my alarm clock with amazing energy levels and no grogginess.

Worst part about being Primal: Saying no to popcorn. Not having many people my age involved in the lifestyle.
    Height: 5'6
    Starting Weight/Size: 185/US 12

Current weight/Size: 170/US 10 * started PB *
    Mini goal weight/size: 160/US 9
    2nd mini goal weight/size: 150/US 8

Ultimate lifestyle happy weight/size: 145-149/ US 6

lessy is offline Junior Member
    Hello Everyone,
    Just joined the Forum.

I am excited, and I am very green behind the ear with the whole paleo/BP way of life.

I did try it four days leading up to Thanskgiving, and I droped 4 lbs, just with me trying paleo type meals!!!

I have read everything I can get my hands on, and I am really fascinated by the the food chart being flipped upside down, and this entire new way of eating, living and thinking when it comes to clearn healthy eating.

I am from Greensboro, NC

I have two children

A Hubby and I Golden Retriever.

Look forward to all the great info I will learn here!!!

SeaMonster is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ypsilanti, MI

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: 100% in sporadic multi-day stints, closer to 70% most of the time (gotta slay the sugar dragon)

Do you consume dairy: occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, getting into black coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've always been heavier, but considered myself healthy...until the day I took an ambulance ride from my office for what turned out to be GERD/acid reflux. Googled for solutions and found Primal Blueprint. As soon as I quit grains I stopped having that problem (it returns when I make the decision to indulge). I've gotten more serious lately, and am finally maintaining ~10 lb. weight loss (& working for much more).

Favorite exercise: dancing, but I'm getting into crossfit

Favorite Primal food: coconut milk

Best part about being Primal: feeling really healthy and "right"

Worst part about being Primal: struggling with compliance

nommh is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Northern Germany

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    This is my second day. I still need to learn so much!

Do you consume dairy:
    There will be a little organic goat gouda and full fat yogurt occasionally, perhaps even whipped cream with cinnamom as a treat, and very occasionally a little butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Yes, black coffee. I wish I drank more tea

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Where to start? I know that my immune system has gaps, no big deals, a little eczema here a stuffed sinus there. I also know that low-level inflammation causes civilisation's diseases. Plus there are a few stubborn kilos I wish to loose. On the other hand I was wary of committing to an extreme (as compared to conventional wisdom) way of eating. Then I watched this and almost cried when he explained how an organism constantly flooded with glucose starves its cells while growing fatter and fatter.

Favorite exercise:
    Dancing, Pilates, but I'll start weight training again as soon as my muscles have recovered from a couple of too enthusiastic plank excercises. I'll have to work on the low level aerobic stuff. Living in the city isn't the perfect inspiration for walks.

Favorite Primal food:
    Almonds in any shape or form? North sea shrimps with scrambled eggs? This is the kind of question I could never answer properly. I love food and I have been eating 95% organic for years and years now.

Best part about being Primal:
    I don't know yet. I hope for more energy now and an active and independent old age to come. But I know the best part of being primal as opposed to more rigid forms of paleo that might be out there: More flexibility. I really like the food pyramid and the advice to rather compromise your primal status than offend a host/hostess who has slaved over a special meal.

Worst part about being Primal:
    Again, I don't know, but I suspect it will be the time factor. No ready meals to buy. Always having to plan ahead. I hope IF will help with this, but as of now I can just about manage 12 hours before breaking my fast.

DaBoss88 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Miami, FL

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Well I try to stick to a fully raw diet, consisting of high quality animal foods. I was under the impression this was a paleo forum so I thought I'd subscribe.

Do you consume dairy: on occasion, raw dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Motivator for switching to Primal: Primal is an all animal foods diet right? With no plant foods? Or are you referring to Aajonous Vonderplanitz' all raw diet?

Favorite exercise: basketball

Favorite Primal food: Raw grass fed beef brains, or maybe raw wild caught king salmon

I'm a member over at the raw paleo diet forum, but I get kind of bored since there's not to many posts there. So I decided to come here.

I'm a raw paleo dieter, not necessarily primal.

I aim to eat 100% raw foods. Mainly grass fed beef, lamb, buffalo organs and muscle meats. Wild-caught fatty fish. Fruits, veggies, and minimal nuts. I aim to eat everything raw, including the animal foods.

I've noticed some health improvements since beginning my raw journey.

A little background about myself.

I'm schizophrenic, and my healing journey began when I started researching natural remedies because pharma just didn't have the answers I was looking for.

I started by reading the book "Prescription for Nutritional Healing." It had some decent suggestions. So I added flax seed oil, fish oil, B complex, and a few other general health supps.

Still though, I didn't notice the results I wanted.

I eventually discovered megavitamin niacin therapy, as prescribed by Dr. Abram Hoffer. I read his book "Healing Schizophrenia: Complementary Vitamin & Drug Treatments."

Immediately after reading I started taking 1,000 mg niacin, plus 50 mg b complex, and 1,000 mg vitamin c with each meal.

After a couple months on this regiment I noticed tremendous improvements in my over all energy, my negative symptoms also slowly faded and became barely noticeable.

I began tapering my medications. I went from 1,500 to 500 mg of one, then off it completely. I was on 120 of another one, and tapered to 40 mg but didn't fully stop it.

Later I heard about the specific carbohydrate diet, so I started that.

Later after that I heard about raw paleo, which is essentially a raw meat diet for humans. I decided to only eat SCD legal carbs, coupled with high quality raw animal foods.

So that's my story of how I came to paleo/raw paleo.
    Last edited by DaBoss88; 11-28-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: wanted it to be more descriptive

DetroitRemedy is offline Member
    Your location: Eastpointe MI

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Primal/Paleo hmm

Do you consume dairy: alot less than most, never just drink a glass of cows milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: no tea and i drink kombucha and some green teas

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Favorite exercise:

Favorite Primal food:

GreginCinti is offline Junior Member
    Greetings - I began experimenting with the Primal lifestyle in August '12 and was committed by September 10th. So far I've lost 30lbs, reduced colesterol by 45 pts and feel great. I stopped my normal exercise routine at the same time in September. Instead of light running and weight machines, I began walking the dogs consistently and taking short walks during lunch at work. Interesting that I made more progress in ten weeks doing less than the previous five years. Can't wait to see what happens when I begin running/light lifting again in December.

Your location: Cincinnati, OH

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: 85/15

Do you consume dairy: Yes, quality cheeses and organic butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, 12 oz daily.

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss and future health.

Favorite exercise: Running; 5k - 10k.

Favorite Primal food: Avocados

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good

Worst part about being Primal: Peer presure to drink beer (poker night and a nice Merlot...)

melodyroseparker is offline Junior Member
    I've been looking at Paleo/Primal rebalancing for the last two months. Have attended two meetups with the Atlanta Paleo/Primal Group and would say I'm still in the investigation process, while I'm cleaning up my menus (no processed foods, no white anything, moving toward gluten free, and so on). I do drink coffee and tea daily, use milk for both, and am a big fan of cheese. I'm looking at Paleo/Primal as a way to increase my wellness. My favorite exercise is Qigong. Having challenges with the food aspects of this lifestyle. I had complex surgery on my small intestines, gallbladder, etc. in 2007. I, therefore, have malabsorption issues and am seeing what works with the supplementation requirements I have.

I have long-time experience in energy work and have been a Reiki Master over 25 years, very much believe in healing alternatives and being at choice. I currently right for Raw honey from Organic Mountains | 100% Pure Raw Georgia Mountain Honey and educate our readers about their choices. I really enjoy sharing in this way.

Ana Tane is offline Junior Member
    G’day folks.
    I am half way through the Paleo 30 day challenge that I found on the internet. So far all is going great, I feel better, sleep better and all over just feel like there has been a change to my body. Have lost a bit of weight and think this is great. More to go. I love the 30 day challenge and even though it will be put slightly on hold during Christmas I will take it up again after. The more I read and research this topic the more I like what I am finding out and the more I will incorporate into my life.

Your location: South of the River, Western Australia
    How Primal are you: 99%
    Do you consume dairy: No
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes.
    Motivator for switching to Primal: Challenge, weight loss and a better feeling all over.
    Favorite exercise: Cycling and a little treadmill.
    Favorite Primal food: Olive Oil
    Best part about being Primal: Great all over feeling.
    Worst part about being Primal: Nothing comes to mind yet.