Page 454 of 638 FirstFirst ... 354404444452453454455456464504554 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,540 of 6375

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 454

stagemom23 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Northeast PA

Age (If you want):49

How Primal are you: 85% ish?

Do you consume dairy: Yes, mostly in the form of cheese, heavy cream and occasionally some full fat yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes and yes.....and YES!!!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Control the reflux beast! (I have LPR..not GERD but it sucks just the same)

Favorite exercise: Running, walking, moving furniture

Favorite Primal food: Seafood, steak, pork, avocado, eggs and BACON!!

Best part about being Primal: Eating the best tasting food and not getting reflux symptoms.

Worst part about being Primal: Living with non-primals and trying to explain why you eat this way to strangers. People telling you that you're gonna have a heart attack any day now.....

mark h is offline Junior Member
    Your location:San Diego north inland

Age (If you want):53

How Primal are you:50% and will increase some but not all

Do you consume dairy:Whole milk, yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffe in am and tea pm

Motivator for switching to Primal:keep healthy

Favorite exercise: Swimming and modified Crossfit

Favorite Primal food:stir fry

Best part about being Primal:feels good mentally and physically

Worst part about being Primal:Family and friends eat like crap so I end up eating my own meals
    Keep it going, Mark

Sandamel is offline Member
    Hello! I see we're playing a questions game so here goes:

Your location: Winnipeg, Canada

Age (If you want):36

How Primal are you: Until this week, not very.

Do you consume dairy: Ghee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes please! Now with coconut oil.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Vegan was no longer working for me. I was eating too much processed stuff, too many grains, too many carbs.

Favorite exercise: Kettlebells, sprinting, and... ballet. Not even kidding.

Favorite Primal food: So far, the best thing I've had is Primal Chicken Tikka Masala (found the recipe on this very website!) served over cauliflower rice.

Best part about being Primal: I'm feeling awesome without having to reach for sweets.

Worst part about being Primal: Dealing with the angry vegans in my life!

** I just wanted to add that I had the privilege of hearing Mark speak at a nutrition conference last March. Even though I was still vegan, the way he spoke really resonated with me. And now less than a year later I've let go of my old way of eating and am doing my best to embrace the Primal way. I'm excited to be on this forum.

Snapper is offline Junior Member
    Hello!

Your location: Santa Cruz Mountain, California

Age (If you want):45

How Primal are you: Mostly (there are few things I'm trying to let go)

Do you consume dairy: Yogurt (in moderation-lactose intolerant)

Do you drink coffee or tea: DEFINATELY! Need to try with Cocount Milk, Having a difficult time dropping the 1/2 & 1/2 and organic whipping cream.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My bf. He's been primal for 2 years now. The transformation has been incredible. I'm so proud of him!

Favorite exercise: Haven't tried any yet, however, living in the mountains under the canopy of a 100 year old redwood forest (yes, log cabin and all), thousands of hiking trails and area history to be explored, it's difficult to want to "exercise" for the sake of exercising. Ya know?

Favorite Primal food: Raw almonds, Raw green beans, no-nitrate bacon (fresh from farm) and fresh off farm eggs!

Best part about being Primal: Not 100% there yet, but so far the mental and physical energy is wonderful!

Worst part about being Primal: Seeing my friends eating so poorly.
    Last edited by Snapper; 11-25-2012 at 01:56 PM.

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    Hello!

Your location: Santiago, Chile.

Age (If you want): 32.

How Primal are you: Im targetting a 90/10 in the short term.

Do you consume dairy: Yeah, very slowly getting there: I find heavy cream is a friend, I will cut back on the cottage cheese... Cutting down the yogurt way down, already eliminated whole milk!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yeah, both. Not planning on eliminating them, maybe cut back coffee when I get the good hormones started and when I get the sleep habit imprinted on my DNA.

Motivator for switching to Primal: IBS hitting all of the sudden at 32 y-o. I was sick for months before I realized that grains were doing the damage. I am almost 100% free of grains. A small cheat here and there, but really putting a lot of effort in sticking to the 90/10.

Favorite exercise: Walking! Believe it or not: I do not own a car, Ive been car-free for almost 6 years now.

Favorite Primal food: EGGS!!! and all kinds of animals: I am 100% a carnivore and loving it! Im a little bit forcing the veggies in, but hanging in there pretty nicely. Cutting fruit has been to this point extremely difficult. Ill go dairy-free first and then see how Im doing and then evaluate on cutting back on the fruits.

Best part about being Primal: When I behave, I am completely IBS-free. Also Ive noticed an increase in overall energy, Im not dragging my feet at the end of the day, I suddenly caught myself the other day at 8pm running up some subway stairs!

Not so cool part about being Primal: (changed the phrase since it seemed a little negative) watching all the people load up on wheat. But very personally, I LOVE fruits, in any shape and form, so I think that'll be the hardest ever to cut back (together with dairy) but Ill take it one step at a time.

My GOALS: Behave and keep myself IBS free. Release myself from sugar cravings. Go to sleep at maximum 11pm each night.

Concrete nutritional target: Have a higher protein% intake vs carb% intake. Have at least two veggies with each hard meal.

Physical vanity: Chase away the cellulite that is starting to creep in and get a LOT leaner.
    Last edited by U2sandrah; 11-25-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: I did not proofread before posting!

the sage is offline Junior Member
    Hello forum peoples.

I hope you are all looking and feeling delicious today.
    Cannibalism is Primal.
    I find humans exhibit the best nutritional profile similar to my own.
    Just freeze them for two weeks prior to eating to destroy the parasites.

The Questions:

Your location:
    Domiciliate in Florida, USA and in Scandinavia.

How Primal are you:
    Quite. I will stab anything with a stick and then lick it. I have highly a inquisitive, yet skeptical nature without common sense verification and exacting proof, and have deeply questioned dietary, nutritional and lifestyle advice since age twelve. Having been an unhealthy eater and a fat kid from age seven to age twelve, it was at age thirteen that I tired of my spare tire and sagging boy boobs, made a decision toward a better ideal for myself, changed my own diet and gave my parents my own custom grocery shopping list. That same year asked my dad for only one Christmas gift which was a cheap set of York free weights. Six months after these changes, along with growing and maturing, I was transformed. Since then I have read, researched and tried many things, only to realize that well intended or outright falsehoods, commercial interests and fads flood the media. My journey, in response to contradiction and confusion regarding health, left me to investigate further with simplicity in mind. I have found much of the paleo, Sisson and related matters to be of interest and in many ways similar to my own perspectives and practices.

It is this about myself that has often led to my being a treated many as an annoyance and an outsider, which I have thoroughly learned from, enjoy and derive my strength as an individual.
    I am somewhat of a misanthrope and find myself to exhibit ethical superiority of behavior originating from my mammalian cerebral brain centers over the many of the ethically sub-human specimens which exist around me acting from their R-complexes. Nonetheless, respectfulness and politeness being supreme in all relations.

Do you consume dairy:
    After weaning, I was supposedly "allergic" to milk as a baby. So my mother, with the best of intentions and in accordance with the "advisements" of the day, fed me soy-based formula for a short time. Later, I tolerated milk just fine. In my teen years it was obvious to me that milk aggravated my skin and made me break out. I suspected it was the "quality" of the milk and my other individual health factors reacting with milk consumption that may have contributed to the problem. This is when I began to make and consume almond milk. But yogurt and cheeses were never a problem. Commercial milk from the store always had a slightly soured or spoiled smell to it, so I tended to buy organic yogurt from the health food store.
    Now, when in Scandinavia, live near farms where I can buy fresh, raw milk from grass-fed cows and drink it often. I just walk up the road and buy a couple liters when I want it.
    What a difference this really makes when it comes to milk.
    My youngest daughter has been tested and is lactose intolerant from my and her mother's genetic contributions. She also presently suggests allergy to milk proteins as well. So I use my knowledge to carefully accommodate this and wait for the day where perhaps she could tolerate some aged cheddar and the like. Her journey I hope to be an interesting one.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    I like the aroma and flavor of coffee, but when I drink a cup of coffee it is like speed to me and I get way to energized all day long and it interferes with my sleep. I can also sense it has addictive qualities and one cup leads to two and so on as one may develop a dependency with diminishing returns. I think one cup a day can help blood flow, open up the vessels, stimulate the bowels and is quite good. More than this and the body starts to react differently with stress and hypertension-type responses.
    And I don't need the smell or flavor of it so bad that I must have decaf.
    It has never been a desire of mine to drink it...so I simply go without. I find my deep breathing practices energize me far better,
    Green tea, one cup, with its lower level of caffeine still effects me, but not as much. So if I am a bit low on energy and it is a cold winter day, then perhaps a cup of green in the morning will do.
    My preferred daily tea is a quality Chinese white tea.
    Anything else is some type of specific herbal that I am drinking for a specific, supposed healthful purpose.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    I can't really describe myself as switching to anything. As the moniker "primal" seems to have quite a bit of inter-relatedness to my own philosophies and practices. But the motivator is to be healthy, vital, energetic and a sense of well-being. A feeling of natural euphoria that extends into my attitudes and behaviors so-to-speak. Adopt and assimilate that which is useful...throw the rest away.

Favorite exercise
    Breathing. Walking-hiking. Stretching. Derivatives of Hatha, Taoist Yogas and Martial Arts. Resistance Training.
    Many others far too numerous to list.

Favorite Primal food:
    When birds and herbivorous mammals see me coming...they know their time has come...and that it has basically...run out.

Best part about being Primal:
    When the time comes, I will be the best looking corpse at the morgue.

Worst part about being Primal:
    When the time comes, I will be the best looking corpse at the morgue.

KeiraJayne is offline Junior Member

Another Primal Noob

Hello fellow Groksters

Your location: Canberra, Australia

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Mostly (apart from the occasional indulgence in birthday cake)

Do you consume dairy: Yep - I love milk and cheese!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love my long black first thing in the morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: Continuous plateaus and general intolerance to wheat/sugar

Favorite exercise: bench press/push-up

Favorite Primal food: BACON!!!! oh and I love macadamia nuts/oil

Best part about being Primal: again, BACON!!! Need I say more?

Worst part about being Primal: I do miss the occasional roast potato or homemade pasta

I'm relatively new to the Primal lifestyle as I transitioned less than a year ago. I've enjoyed experimenting with different Primal ingredients as substitutes in my favourite dishes (particularly nailing a tasty pizza base and finding the primal nutella recipe!). I suffer from a variety of food intolerances so going Primal wasn't too far out of my comfort zone, however, adjusting to a higher fat intake was challenging at first having been so strict with saturated fats in the past.

I have particularly enjoyed moving away from my conventional weights/cardio training to incorporate Primal essential movements and sprinting. I thought I was fit when I was at my leanest a few years ago but after trying Crossfit, I had no idea of my true potential. My strength and fitness levels have improved dramatically, although, I still have some work to do to reach some of my goals (getting close to doing proper pull-ups!).

I'm eager to learn more about Primal eating, training and general health and look forward to improving my general well being each day.

Keira

primaltwins is offline Junior Member

The Primal Twins

Hello Primal Friends!

We are Tommy and Mitch, AKA the Primal Twins, and have been Paleo for 4 months now. Total, we have lost over 100 pounds, and have had incredible success with this lifestyle.

Your location: Santa Barbara, CA

Age (If you want): 22 years old

How Primal are you: Extremely, everything in our diet is Paleo

Do you consume dairy: Only unsalted, grass-fed butter for our Bulletproof Coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Bulletproof coffee and Kombucha Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Heard Robb Wolf on the Joe Rogan Experience Podcast, and realized that this would probably solve most of our health issues

Favorite exercise: Mitch got shoulder surgery 5 months ago, so we are limited, but our favorite exercise would have to be barefoot sprints!

Favorite Primal food: A whole free-range chicken.

Best part about being Primal: The full energy and feeling we get throughout the day.

Worst part about being Primal: This may sound like BS, but we love every aspect. We have had great success in it, and enjoy the entire process

SheriHP is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Wichita, Kansas, USA

Age (If you want): just turned 57

How Primal are you: I'm just starting. I've the Primal Blueprint and I haunt the websites, including the paleo ones but just getting started for real now.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I love cheese, greek yogurt and cream in my coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: See above. I drink coffee in the morning and sometimes iced tea during the day

Motivator for switching to Primal: My family has a history of diabetes and I don't want to go down that road. I just need to get healthy and stay that way. No more starvation diets for me. I had gastric bypass surgery in 2005 and lost a lot of muscle along with fat. I need to... recreate me.

Favorite exercise: Walking for now

Favorite Primal food: coconut.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing yet.

nsanechick is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello all!! I'm Amanda, and I'm just starting out with the primal lifestyle. Any pointers would be nice and I look forward to sharing my success story with you all someday!!

Your location: Raleigh, NC

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Beginner

Do you consume dairy: Yes, cheese, sour cream and yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea on occasion

Motivator for switching to Primal: My Dad found the book and has really seen great results. He bought me a copy and now I'm getting on board. I would love to improve my health and feel better!

Favorite exercise: Just walking/hiking for now

Favorite Primal food: Steak!

Best part about being Primal: You get to eat so much yummy food (unlike diets with bars and shakes only)

Worst part about being Primal: I do kind of miss pizza!! lol