Page 453 of 630 FirstFirst ... 353403443451452453454455463503553 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,530 of 6300

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 453

Elskbrev is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Oconomowoc, WI

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: newby

Do you consume dairy: Very little, and when I do, only organic whole cow milk or yogurt, or whole goat milk from powder.

(I gave up non-organic greek yogurt and cheese over a year ago when I read of a possible link between cow milk dairy and cystic acne. It worked. I gave up all dairy and my complexion cleared. Ten months later, I started consuming dairy again, but only in the form of organic whole milk, 18 ounces daily for about three months, and sometimes goat's milk. My complexion remained clear. I dropped dairy again in September this year when a dermatological issue resurfaced on my arms (!), similar to what happened last April. That cleared within two weeks with homeopathic treatment, but I continued to avoid dairy. This week, I bought organic unhomogeonized whole cows milk yogurt to see whether I can tolerate that without getting complexion issues. At this same time, I am switching to Paleo.)

Do you drink coffee or tea: I used to drink green tea daily, but I quit for three months last Summer because there just wasn't room for another beverage at the time because I was drinking a lot of water and three 6 ounce glasses of organic whole milk daily. Started drinking tea and/or coffee again recently, but I need to quit because I always associate the caffeinated beverage with something sweet or high carb, and this is wrecking my diet, as it is a comfort food habit for me or a response to the insulin trigger.)

Motivator for switching to Paleo: Lost a lot of workout time in past ten months because of dermatological issues. I have suffered off and on stomach issues for years, whenever I deviate from the fine line that is my ideal diet. Not happy about being sidelined and inactive due to illness. Through Paleo, I hope to not only feel well in terms of digestion, but also build a stronger immune system so I can say goodbye to skin issues. I am not at all happy with the shape I am in right now, and all this sitting home is starting to get to me.

Favorite exercise: Swimming, body building, speed and agility workouts

Favorite Primal food: virgin coconut oil, sautéed vegetables of all sorts, especially with green leafy or sweet curry (an acquired taste in my world) and pepper spices, salmon, other fish, roast turkey, beef, buffalo, venison, bone broth soups.

Best part about being Primal: promise of optimal nutrition compatible with lean, active lifestyle.

Worst part about being Primal: I love whole grain and sourdough breads--baking them from sprouted wheat berries, fermenting homemade sourdough. I love the baking, not just the eating, and am probably soon to learn that all that was a waste of time, the undoing of my health. Could be worse. I can learn how to have fun making other things in the kitchen. Veggies and meat!

cewdressage is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Michigan, USA

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Trying to become totally primal... still learning though, and cannot always afford organic foods and grass-fed natural meats.

Do you consume dairy: Yes... yogurt, kefir, cheese, butter, heavy cream, no milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: After many health problems this past year, I decided there had to be a natural way to feel good!

Favorite exercise: hiking, horseback riding, snowboarding

Favorite Primal food: hmmm... curry roasted cauliflower

Best part about being Primal: feeling like a million bucks!

Worst part about being Primal: I always feel bad about turning down treats or things that people might make me or bring me.

Boobaroo is offline Junior Member

Well hello there

Your location: Hong Kong but British born

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Not sure - I'm actually following Rosedale (please don't drum me out of the forum, you're the only people that understand...). That means that I'm VLC and more moderate in my protein intake but try to hike up my good fats. I'm just entering my sixth week of this new lifestyle.

Do you consume dairy: Yeeeaah.... tricky one. I'm a bit patchy with dairy, sometimes it seems fine and at others I think it is the work of the devil. I think I will give it up - the option of raw dairy is not available here - but struggle to find other things to eat. I am not a natural Grok.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not really. But I haven't given up my 1-2 cans of diet coke a day. Let the stoning commence!

Motivator for switching to Primal: How long have you got? Severe mid-line obesity, idiopathic primary pituitary failure, chronic fatigue, extreme insulin resistance... I read Rosedale and felt that if I wasn't prepared to give it a go I might as well give up and take to my bed for good.

Favorite exercise: Hiking, yoga, cross-trainer. However not doing any at the moment due to huge chronic fatigue attack

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, eggs, eggs. I love me some eggs.

Best part about being Primal: I feel clean inside, my fat is melting from all the right places and I finally feel as though I have some control over my life.

Worst part about being Primal:I miss my sauvignon blanc and am afraid that I may one day commit murder over a crusty French loaf

PGC
    PGC is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IMKarla View Post
    I'm over 50 and I'm not dead yet. You might night want to tell your mom she's wrong though. :-)
    Yes well on the weekend I drove the 3hrs to get to Sydney to visit my parents and in-laws.

Both my mother and mother-inlaw avoided giving me pasta, however some of the meat dishes was spiked with breadcrumbs.

I told them that no bread also means no bread crumbs too, but I still ate it because of 80/20 rule. I knew that after the weekend I'd be back to my nearly 100% primal routine and that it was not worth worrying about.

I did notice some bloating by Sunday afternoon however.

fresa is offline Member
    Hi everyone!

Your location: Maine, USA

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: I'll say 90%, I do occasionally hit situations where maintaining the primal lifestyle is hard, but I am always trying. That's the key right??

Do you consume dairy: I do butter (technically dairy?), and I also ocasionally have kefir

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea, but I'm trying to stop

Motivator for switching to Primal: To be healthier and look hot doing it!

Favorite exercise: Swimming, or walking with another person

Favorite Primal food: Oooooh um I love cooked carrots haha

Best part about being Primal: I can actually see myself making physical progress, and I feel great

Worst part about being Primal: Social situations-none of my friends are primal, so hanging out with them can be a challenge sometimes. Pizza is their go-to group food :/

fluorescent69 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Who knows...

Age (If you want):19

How Primal are you: 60%... but that number might be completely made up. I am edging into it.

Do you consume dairy: Not intentionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Type 2 Diabetes, PCOS and it's rapid weight gain/acne/hair loss/hair growth, Thyroid issues

Favorite exercise: Lifting/Alone Yoga/Sprints

Favorite Primal food: Legumes (just so you know, I eat them)

Best part about being Primal: Possibly being cured

Worst part about being Primal: Not getting enough carbs and being fuzzy headed

JulesZA is offline Junior Member
    Hey there,

I'm also trying out this lifestyle in SA and loving it. I would really be keen to hear if you find and are able to source a lot of the stuff that is listed throughout this site as good options for food. It is def a struggle budget wise and availability-wise so if we could share info that would be super! Sure there are other Saffa's on the site we can also talk to. I'm in CT - you?

AlexAgain is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Toronto Canada

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: more primal all the time

Do you consume dairy: just cheese but cutting it out soon

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: fitness, health - I box and want to be stronger and have more stamina - I want to have more energy for life

Favorite exercise: pull ups, speed bag, cycling

Favorite Primal food: mushroom omelette

Best part about being Primal: the changes to my body and energy level

Worst part about being Primal: I miss soft drinks ALOT

laniayn is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:Central Alabama

Age (If you want):41

How Primal are you: I'm going on a month in and I've been mostly primal aside from Thanksgiving. I'd say a good 85%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, mostly in the form of cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: 2 cups of coffee in the morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss mainly, but also just general health and getting my body back

Favorite exercise: hiking, and I'm kinda digging those weekly sprints. I mean, it sucks at the time but its invigorating.

Favorite Primal food: Steak and Salad

Best part about being Primal: My favorite part of being primal is that I'm eating real, flavorful food and I have no guilt.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain it to others who are trying to feed me mac and cheese and red beans and rice!

Risa is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Los Angeles, CA

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: I was never good at percentages! I have been gluten-free and low/no sugar since 2007. I have been on and off the GAPS diet for years now, but have never been consistent - largely due to not eating enough fat and protein, I believe. Gluten-free grains and starchy veg hurt my belly, so I don't eat a ton of those, either. I've eaten a very clean diet for years, but purely primal? Just starting.

Do you consume dairy: Cheese here and there, but no milk or yogurt or other fresh milk products. Very sensitive to casein. Ouch! I will be avoiding it like the plague - it's not helping my gut heal!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Absolutely not. Very occasional yerba maté, but can't really handle caffeine at all.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Have been working with a naturopathic doc over the past year to heal my very damaged digestive system, severe adrenal fatigue, and hormonal/fertility issues. Have been hanging on to the same 15 excess lbs. for 3 years. I already know I feel best when I eat meat, seafood, veg, and a bit of fruit here and there. And lotsa fat! I am excited to fully embrace the philosophy of "living primal".

Favorite exercise: Ashtanga yoga, free-form dance, hiking/running, cycling. My goal is to be able to do a real push up for the first time in my life. Ha!

Favorite Primal food: Anything involving pork, coconut oil, avocado, and massive amounts of leafy greens.

Best part about being Primal: Besides no belly aches and a great feeling of satiety? I'll have to get back to you.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to keep my mouth shut when people talk about a food item being vegan as though it's a selling point.