Page 452 of 629 FirstFirst ... 352402442450451452453454462502552 ... LastLast
Results 4,511 to 4,520 of 6289

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 452

McGrok is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Questions:

Your location: North Carolina

Age (If you want): 44 (M)

How Primal are you: Just starting out, guess we'll find out. I'm a HUGE fan of Chipotle and Chick-fil-A so it's gonna be rough kicking those, but overall I'm more a meat and veggies guy anyhow. The occasional wine/beer fest and tailgating are going to be the toughest part to overcome I'm sure.

Do you consume dairy: Hard Cheese only, and even then only occasionally. About an ounce or two at most to an omlette is my typical maximum. Can't tolerate any other form of dairy or else I won't be seen for a while (ugh)

Do you drink coffee or tea: 2-3 cups of coffee per week, sometimes more. Never more than a cup in a day though (honestly - it puts me to sleep)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Well Hell - - 'because I'm fat!!! Seriously though, I just ran into an associate at a conference and he has dropped more than 50 lbs and kept them off for more than 2 years. The transformation is unreal, so I'm 100% convinced that this is totally doable and that it works. I need something to kickstart me into the right direction and choices for the rest of my life...this is NOT a diet for me, but rather a lifestyle choice - I WILL be here for my kids and eventual grandchildren.

Favorite exercise: P90X (and variants X+ and X2)

Favorite Primal food: MEAT

Best part about being Primal: TBD

Worst part about being Primal: TBD (not a huge fan of pasta or pastries, and bread doesn't really 'like' me much anyhow) I think that tortillas will be the hardest thing to turn my back on....nothing like a good home made breakfast burrito on a Sat/Sun morning!

Picturedragon is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Murfreesboro Tn, just south of Nashville

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Mostly. I don't touch grains or refined sugars or industrial oils, but I do still eat white potato and some "cleaned up" dessert like things.

Do you consume dairy: No, allergic.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, I quite enjoy both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. Depression and anxiety had a stranglehold, creeping joint pain made me feel ancient, various allergies made me constantly ill. Mind you, I did not realize exactly what was going on with the old body, just that I felt awful all the time. After a few weeks primal, I woke up one morning and I didn't hurt at all !

Favorite exercise: Hiking or swimming. Cant decide which is better.

Favorite Primal food: All of them. I am a big fan of variety.

Best part about being Primal: I am upbeat and energetic almost all the time, I feel GOOD.

Worst part about being Primal: Social situations. Last potluck I was at (required event for work, the boss provided coffee and everyone brought a dish) there was almost nothing I could eat without fear of the bellyache.
    Last edited by Picturedragon; 11-16-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: add location

primetester is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Northern California

Age (If you want): 43 (F)

How Primal are you: Read and article 4weeks ago on Primal/Paleo and peaked my interest. I began Primal about 3.5 weeks ago. I would say i'm 93% primal : )

Do you consume dairy: Very little. Half and Half for my coffee, some Feta and goat cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes and Yes!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to feel healthier and loose about 5-8 lbs....Maybe 10.

Favorite exercise: I hate exercising. But when I do, I'll do some cardio and machine weights

Favorite Primal food: Beef Steaks

Best part about being Primal: Trying to figure that one out still

Worst part about being Primal: I miss carbs : ( Miss corn tortillas and frijoles refritos!
    Last edited by primetester; 11-16-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Chris6331 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Dallas, TX

Age (If you want):31 (for one more week)

How Primal are you: 100% I think, but I'm new (1week) into this so you may have another idea

Do you consume dairy: very occasional raw cheese/whole cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: improve gut health, improve complexion, increase eneregy, regulate hormones, lose weight

Favorite exercise: walking barefoot with my dog and barefoot kids

Favorite Primal food: rarest of rare grass fed steak

Best part about being Primal: lost 10 lbs my first week, not missing or craving grains, hardly ever hungry

Worst part about being Primal: my hubby doesn't quite get it, he says I should eat hungry or not so I can eat at regular times, also feel like am poisoning my kids giving them grains, am slowing converting them most meals are 80/20 primal right now, but waiting till my 30 day mark to pull the plug

ashleytadams is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Denton, Texas

Age (If you want): 25 years

How Primal are you: Pretty frickin Primal

Do you consume dairy: yes, but only in the raw

Do you drink coffee or tea: sometimes herbal tea, coffee very, very rarely

Motivator for switching to Primal: Acid reflux

Favorite exercise: hiking for a whole day

Favorite Primal food: Organic dates and BACON

Best part about being Primal: Everything. I was dancing around the room today because I just feel so GOOD.

Worst part about being Primal:Having this amazing knowledge and wanting to share it, but no one wants to learn or even listen

THANK YOU MARK AND EVERYONE ELSE

Ashley

neil is offline Junior Member
    Hi I'm Neil from Ireland aged 28! I've been flirting with Mark's Daily Apple for a long time and continue to be impressed by the success stories! I've started and stopped Primal eating so many times I've lost count. The same thing has occurred over and over...I clear out the pantry, buy primal food, look up a bunch of recipes....and then 3-4 days later I quit due to fatigue, bloating or some other reason. I know it's carb flu but I can't seem to get through it. I don't know why as in other aspects of my life I'm quite motivated and committed.

This is my first post and I hope that I will get some support to get through it and lose my body fat before I go crazy!

Slán abhaile as éirinn!

2tonsils is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I am new to the forum. I live in Greece. I am really hoping the primal eating can help me as I have both celiac disease and Hashimoto's hypothyroidism. I have been really struggling to get my blood results near to normal and my weight stabalised. Now I have done that (after two years) my energy is back. I am looking for a way to drop my bodyfat levels back to what they were two years ago.

I am 57 years old and still weight train to keep fit. I last competed two years ago before my thyroid and celiac disease were properly diagnosed. I cannot tolerate any grains at all and I am allergic to soya. The only good thing is that I now seem to be able to build muscle easily and keep it! I have no idea how that works......

Hoping to take an active part in this forum and meet new friends. If you are struggling with the same issues I would love to hear from you.

OOOppppsss....forgot to say I am female
    Last edited by 2tonsils; 11-17-2012 at 11:06 AM.

2tonsils is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Greece

Age (If you want):57

How Primal are you:Just starting but I eat no grains/soya/simple carbs due to allergies

Do you consume dairy: Feta and local raw milk, Sheeps/goat milk yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea:Mostly tea/herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal:sick of trying to lose bodyfat and failing on all diets since having thyroid problems

Favorite exercise:heavy weight training/deadlift/squat/benchpress

Favorite Primal food:Veal steak

Best part about being Primal:Being able to eat a lot

Worst part about being Primal: Having to carry my own snacks with me due to lack of availability

AirBornS86 is offline Junior Member
    Hi, my name is Aaron

The Questions:

Your location: Simi Valley, CA

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: Not usually, but on occasion

Do you drink coffee or tea: Rarely

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health issues and overwhelming evidence of health benefits

Favorite exercise: Pilates Reformer

Favorite Primal food: Roasted sweet potatoes with onions, garlic, and coconut oil

Best part about being Primal: Showing people that "Conventional Wisdom" isn't always right about health. And the non-believers who just look at me funny when I tell them what I eat

Worst part about being Primal: Being around my childhood treats

Marissa2788 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Michigan USA

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Just starting out

Do you consume dairy: Occasional

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I haven't been able to stop gaining weight and am plagued be near constant cravings for carbs

Favorite exercise: Roller skating

Favorite Primal food:

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal: