Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 450

Alex Who_else is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Vienna, Austria (Europe)

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: Rarely using cream or cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee yes, tea no

Motivator for switching to Primal: was strict vegetarian for over 20 years (17-37), the years before, even as a child i really disgusted meat as "dead body parts"...had bulimia with extreme carb cravings and depressions for a very long time, being quite slender, without knowing that i had some hormonal issues that made me exposed to insuline intolerance (and thus the carb cravings)...then read some books about "bulimia and sugar"....reduced sugar, depression improving, bulimia fading....but then at 37, i started to gain weight (around 8 kg), had some water retention issues, it seems that with just some drops of alc i am gaining already one kilo weight.... started with paleo...and for the first time in my life - i had peace of mind - no longer any carbs cravings....my weight issue is not perfect (its the red wine...) but i am improving...

Favorite exercise:Yoga, running, freediving

Favorite Primal food:Chicken

Best part about being Primal: Peace of mind

Worst part about being Primal: having to resist alc nearly at all, as apparently red wine is again leading to carb cravings (just smaller quantities)

nosrek is offline Junior Member
    Hello everybody! Here are my answers.

Your location: Santa Monica, CA

Age (If you want): 30s but still feel 25. =P

How Primal are you: I began the diet a month ago (Oct. 7th 2012). I'd say for the first month I've been about 70/30. But now that I'm getting the hang of it, I'll be going more like 80/20 or even 90/10!

Do you consume dairy: Nope.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, yes. Coffee occasionally.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    In the beginning of the year I weighed about 175 which was heavy considering I'm 5'5" and my high school weight was 130. In February I decided to join a gym and look into different diets because I had been trying a Vegetarian diet for over a year and I didn't feel like it was working. For the next 6 months, I tried going Vegan for a few months and then gave up gluten for a good 3 months. I was beginning to lose weight but I decided to reintroduce meat into my diet because I had gone about a year and a half without eating meat and frankly I missed the delicious taste of it.

In the summer I started eating all kinds of meat again! I figured that I was working out multiple times a week and weight loss was just a mathematical equation of calories in, calories out, so I began eating all the foods I had missed dearly: steak, chicken, meat lovers pizza, sushi, beer, candy, milk and cookies... you name it, it was on my plate once again. I was tracking my calories on a phone app but I always felt hungry or I would always go over my caloric intake. After a few months I hit a wall with my weight loss after reaching 157.

I once again started looking at diets because my goal was to get to 145. So around August I stumbled across Mark's Daily Apple and read a few articles but continued my normal diet of counting calories. (The seed had been planted). In September I once again starting to read more articles on this website and did more research about the Paleo diet. Finally in October I decided to give it a try. After a month of being on the diet I was able to shed those remaining pounds and reach my goal weight of 145!!

Favorite exercise: Muay Thai pad work.

Favorite Primal food: Steak and steamed veggies.

Best part about being Primal: Bacon.

Worst part about being Primal: No pizza. =(

Thanks for reading.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Hello all!

Your location: Fife, Scotland

Age (If you want): 40!

How Primal are you: Medium...

Do you consume dairy: Yes, butter, some good cheese, occasional yoghurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Lots of good black & green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Just seems obvious now!

Favorite exercise: cycling

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: Enjoying good food and knowing it is healthy!

Worst part about being Primal: not fitting in with friends, neighbours, wider society.

mrhtower is offline Member
    Your location: Fort Worth, TEXAS

Age (If you want): 21, for now

How Primal are you: On a scale of Fat Joe to Mark Sisson, I'm a 79. Conventional wisdom and a look at me would say I'm a 93
    health wise, but there are some Korg-esque behaviors and foods I could get rid of.

Do you consume dairy: Not much, occasionally cheese. Used to drink milk often. Would like to delve into butter with my eggs.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No and no . Should start drinking tea, should stop drinking Diet Dr. Pepper (then I'd be an 84)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Always been interested in health, science and evolution (among other things irrelevant to living primal). Living primal seems obvious now.

Favorite exercise: All forms of weight lifting (with heavy heavy emphasis on the basics (squats, deadlifts, presses...)), sprinting,
    and ultra-light jogging (3 miles at most). I've done these well before discovering mark's daily, but have upped the sprinting since learning of and experiencing their greatness. Also, golf.

Favorite Primal food: Steak. Pretty unique. Favorite "new" Primal food: Eggs. Rarely ate them before. I wish to someday

Best part about being Primal: I'm getting tan AF (healthy glow) whereas I used to sunburn in my house. But more importantly the overall sense of well-being and the OK to act like the animal that I am.

Worst part about being Primal: People thinking I'm dieting (not that there's anything wrong with "dieting" if it's needed), and the little part of me that dies every time I turn down pizza and cake.

Mel Roehm is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Great Falls Montana

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: 100% for the last month, new to all of this, but happy!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, butter and cream for my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss was my biggest motivator and it was something I thought I could stick to.

Favorite exercise:

Walking the dog, long, long walks.

Favorite Primal food: Beef, bacon, all the protein

Best part about being Primal: That I have lost 10 pounds in one month while eating great food and never feeling deprived.

Worst part about being Primal: Haven't really found anything. I was and probably still am addicted to sugar and I love a piece of toast with butter, probably all bread with butter, but if I can keep loosing this weight and get healthy, it will all be worth it!

Val B. is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New Jersey, USA

Age (If you want):45

How Primal are you: Just started 3 weeks ago

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: sick and tired of being sick and tired (and overweight)

Favorite exercise: none

Favorite Primal food: meat

Best part about being Primal: I feel better - less swelling and inflamation

Worst part about being Primal: not losing a bunch of weight yet...and still craving sugar

dgibney is offline Junior Member

How Primal: on day 7!

Dairy: Yes please!

Coffee: Absolutely

Motivator for switching to primal: I had had some limited success with lo carb before, but what really drew me in was how people had talked about the positive effect on so many other things, especially anxiety.

Favorite exercise: still working that out as my body and energy levels change.

Favorite primal food: still figuring that out too.

Best part about being primal: when any other diet caused me to crash, the fats in the primal diet have helped me stick with it. Any I am really starting to look at sugar and grains as the drugs they are, I hope it lasts!

Worst part about being primal: Maybe that we are grain farmers, lol

Also, if any of you are using Daily Burn Tracker to track progress, I just set up a Primal Blueprint group on there because there was none, and I would love some company!

fateater is offline Member
    Hi, I'm new

Your location: canada, B.C.

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: I'm a week in full-out, been making changes for the past month

Do you consume dairy: a few times a week right now, raw milk cheese and grassfed butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, coffee in the morning only, tea the rest of the day

Motivator for switching to Primal: single mother, exhausted, needed energy -stamina, clarity, positive mental state etc. had been vegan for quite awhile, under intense stress. so health I guess. fat loss and body recomp secondary.

Favorite exercise: hiking or playing with the 3 year old

Favorite Primal food: deer meat! also avocado, eggs, salmon, coconut

Best part about being Primal: all the fat i get to eat is the best part so far and slowly i'm noticing less obsessing about food and what i'll eat next - after high carb it's refreshing to see changes in my appetite and focus

Worst part about being Primal: tmi? slower bowels. but i'm new so hopefully that adjusts with more time

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Missouri

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Off and on 100%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and lose weight.

Favorite exercise: I do my own workouts, ballet stuff for bottom half, my own stuff for arms/stomach.

Favorite Primal food: Deer steak.

Best part about being Primal: The healthy, the energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to feed a family of four off one income.

SouthernBelleCPA is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Tennessee

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: Just starting, don't know exactly how just yet, but learning

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Colon Health (UC) and lose weight.

Favorite exercise: Strength training w/ my husband and some cardio.

Favorite Primal food: Steamed/Roated Veggies

Best part about being Primal: The health benefits.

Worst part about being Primal: Feeding 5 kids who love mac&cheese, french fries, bread, cookies, etc.