backtobasics31 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi all! Just joined today.

Your location: New Jersey

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Complete newbie

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm a research girl; I heard about this from a client and a friend, and starting looking into this. After reading almost every post on MDA and research on the side, it made complete sense for me. I have PCOS, and insulin plays a big part in weight maintenance and weight loss. Having struggled with my weight my whole life, I've been searching for a plan that's logical for a different lifestyle.

Favorite exercise: When I'm in the gym mood, kickboxing. Otherwise, walking outdoors.

Favorite Primal food: Breakfast sausage

Best part about being Primal: Understanding more about the SAD and why it's important to clear your mind about what you've always learned, and the focus on local produce/meat.

Worst part about being Primal: I am a carb-junkie, so I anticipate giving up bread will be difficult. However, after reading a really cool post about what happens to your body when you carb overload, it makes total sense.

thecolorwheel is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Iowa

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 80/20 Primal

Do you consume dairy: Rarely. If I consume dairy, it's in the form of cheese or greek yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I don't drink coffee and drink tea daily in the fall in the winter. I make sure the tea I'm drinking has no caffeine though.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Severe acid reflux and wanting to lose weight.
    Favorite exercise: KETTLEBELLS!

Favorite Primal food: I would like to say almond butter, but I'm not quite sure that counts! I love bacon.

Best part about being Primal: increased energy and no more acid reflux.

Worst part about being Primal: having to plan ahead when I go out to dinner or travel because there are generally limited primal foods available.

shelovesthelovingthings is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Germany but orginally from Alabama

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: mostly primal, i have a cheat meal once a week.

Do you consume dairy: white cheese only

Do you drink coffee or tea: no, but I do drink engery drinks

Motivator for switching to Primal: I took the 30 Paleo challenge and just fell in love with the food.

Favorite exercise: the exercise/workouts that my boyfriend I make up..mostly body weight movements

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: increased energy

Worst part about being Primal: eating out

ksktika is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: california

Age (If you want):44

How Primal are you: Mostly Primal. i am a low carb and high protein lover. and i dont consume refined sugar and also rice. and i did this for more than 10 years now. And for the last 2 years, i am a paleo lover.

Do you consume dairy: i don't consume dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, i like green tea or chinesse tea

Motivator for switching to Primal : become a healthier person

Favorite exercise: walking and light weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: paleo food

Best part about being Primal: i love chicken and fish

Worst part about being Primal:
    eating out with my friends

hrprbazarre is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Brantford, Ontario Canada

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Pretty darn Primal, I'd say about 95% ... I think. I'm new ...

Do you consume dairy: Yes, thinking about quitting though

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea sometimes, cut the coffee out. It's usually water for me

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have a baby and I don't want to be the tired mamma that can't do anything, can't keep up and embarrasses the little one ... I want to show my boy what life is made for!

Favorite exercise: Yoga, Swimming, Snowshoeing

Favorite Primal food: Turkey ... oh how I love thanksgiving!

Best part about being Primal: It's pretty easy to make food decisions and I don't feel like my life is one big science project (counting this and that, adding points together, trying to make sense of food labels and ingredients, etc ... )

Worst part about being Primal: I miss my iced coffee from Tim Horton's!

ajb0203 is offline Junior Member
    Another KS newbie here (hello to Carolyn upthread). I'm new here and new to trying out primal.

Your location: KS

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Just starting. Eggs for breakfast. . .yay! Chinese last night for dinner. . .boo : ( Figuring out what to do right now. I do have a buck in my freezer & eat lots of game, so that has to offset some of the carbs we were eating, right?

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea, no coffee

This is a health thing for my family and me. I don't personally expect weight or body comp changes (already pretty good). I have a theory that my husband is gluten sensitive, and he has high cholesterol (yeah, yeah, it might not be a bad thing). He has gained weight & just doesn't seem as healthy as he could be. It's important for me to take care of his health because his dad weighs over 300 lbs and the whole extended family is unhealthy - his grandparents died in their 60s. I also hope to find some ADHD relief for my little one & acne relief for my teenager. I have some aches & pains in my wrists, knees, fingers, and toes that I hope will go away.

Favorite exercise: I like them all. Right now doing Insanity videos.

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: red meat

Worst part about being Primal: I actually don't (didn't?) cook, so losing my 15 minute meal in a bag, frozen pizza, just eat a bowl of Lucky Charms options kind of sucks as a busy working parent.

circledotx is offline Junior Member
    Hello!

Your location: Good Ole' Arkansas

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: General, not to strict with certain items like dairy.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea and coffee

I have done Atkins since 2005 due to wanting to shed lots of weight (310lbs). After doing research while I was back on track with Atkins, I ran across MDA and have since been hooked. I've committed myself to strength first.

Favorite exercise: Weighted Squats - rawr.

Favorite Primal food: Avocado, egg, and pork.

Best part about being Primal: Wonder Woman Enthusiasm

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to get the whole family to eat this way and lose the grains for good.
    Last edited by circledotx; 11-06-2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: adding info

sunnyskies9 is online now Member
    Hey all!

I've been doing the whole primal thing for a few months now and recently discovered this blog a few weeks ago. I'm currently living in Ohio practicing as a registered nurse. I'm trying to live grain-free and dairy-free mostly for health benefits, but it's not easy. My SO loves to eat out a lot and finds cooking at home a hassle. I do drink coffee and tea pretty much every day. My favorite exercise is definitely working with kettlebells. I love to eat veggies and grass-fed steak. The best part about being primal is how good I feel. It seems like I always have energy and don't become tired very easily. The worst part about being primal is that I can't eat out all the time with my boyfriend. I also love to bake, and obviously that kinda goes against the primal way. So that's me in a nutshell. I'm so excited to be a new member of this awesome community!

DWhales is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Gahanna, Ohio

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Just starting going full go right from the start.....

Do you consume dairy: Not anymore

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee yes, tea no

Motivator for switching to Primal:I'm fat, tried other ways to lose, and nothing is lasting... I keep going back to eating and drinking everything... I need a lifestyle change to make sure I stay around for my kids....

Favorite exercise:Playing soccer

Favorite Primal food:Meat

Best part about being Primal: The results I hope to get will be the best part

Worst part about being Primal:Not knowing what the hell I'm doing

andreasherwood Guest

Red face cold greetings from uk! i am a little lost

Hi guys,

Your location: Uk but from Brazil

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: just in the beggining 3 weeks
    Do you consume dairy: just goats products

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 coffee a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: long trying, failing, trying againn and motivation to find the best that suits for me

Favorite exercise: squats and pushups

Favorite Primal food: macadamia nuts and veggie

Best part about being Primal: i am still waiting.... and

Worst part about being Primal: at the moment just feeling horrible....

I used to eat very little meat and more vegetables and fruits and grains, due to Chinese medicine tradition. We Learn the nature of the food and its indications, Like any other different branch of nutrition.
    Saying that I barely for years never managed to shift my weight from 68 kg, being 1.60m,, no matter how much exercise and cardio I did do.
    When I heard about Primal a couple months ago me and my husband read a lot Mark's website and many posts made so much sense even though in my intimate I didn't like the idea of eating meat everyday.

I am still very new to this new lifestyle change and to be honest I am feeling really bad, indigestion, full, constipation and headaches. Opss and afloring some spots on my face! Great!
    I am eating meat everyday at least once a day, eating when I am hungry, healthy oils, and veggies, and a bit of fruit., exercising as i was told :-) 2 pounds lost in 3 weeks!!!!

PLEASE I know I suppose to wait the carb flu symptoms but I am finding hard to feel this will be ok for me.

Gracefully,
    Andrea