Your location: Charlotte NC

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: yea!

Motivator for switching to Primal: optimal health

Favorite exercise: Turkish Get-Up

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: reading MDA of course!

Worst part about being Primal: having no excuse to eat krispy kremes

Lowcarb4me is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ohio

Age (If you want): 57

How Primal are you: Maybe 60-70%

Do you consume dairy: yes primarily fermented (kefir, yogurt) but use pasture butter and organic heavy cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Continued health issues, severe insulin resistance, and weight gain (fluctuations)

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: cage-free turkey or grass fed beef

Best part about being Primal: whole unprocessed foods

Worst part about being Primal: No grains

Mdonch3 is offline Junior Member
    Hi everybody. I'm the FNG mdonch3. I start Primal November 1. Thank you in advance for all your help!

Your location: The Biggest Little City

Age (If you want):43

How Primal are you: November 1...100%

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: Hell to the yes!

Motivator for switching to Primal: A friend said I should give it a try.

Favorite exercise: Love XFit.

Favorite Primal food: ?

Best part about being Primal: ?

Worst part about being Primal: ?

I hope I posted this correctly.
    Last edited by Mdonch3; 10-29-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Jianwa is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Halifax, Canada

Age (If you want):58

How Primal are you: just beginning. The extent to still be determined.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I joined a low carb forum because I have the big 3. My mom recently passed away due to the same conditions. My brothers and sisters have also gone low carb so they convinced me to give it a try. My brother is a big fan of primal and directed me here.

Favorite exercise: I love running but haven't run in quite some time. I tried a few months ago but overdid it. Soon to start again, but at a slower pace.

Favorite Primal food: I love vegetables and meat almost equally. Maybe a slight edge to meat, but not by much. By veggies I mean the good stuff, not mashed potatoes and French fries ....

Best part about being Primal: I like to cook so now I have a new challenge in the kitchen.

Worst part about being Primal:
    you need to plan and organize in order to follow any food plan. My wife will tell you I'm terrible in organizational skills.....

Puddleglumish is offline Member
    Your location: Somerset, England.

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you:hmm, just come home from holiday so may have to get back to you on that one.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: started with IF, started reading more about nutrition and the ideal diet and now am looking to significantly reduce the role of grains and sugar in my diet. I have had problems with hypoglycaemia, psoriasis, pcos and depression certainly since uni days and probably before (in the case of sugar addiction and depression).

Favorite exercise: Walking.

Favorite Primal food: surprisingly, salads.

Best part about being Primal: clear thinking and a waistline.

Worst part about being Primal: having to smile sweetly and eat the puddings my children(12 and 14) lovingly concoct because it seems like a good idea to them at the time and wonder how I can wean them off the sugar since it has given me so much trouble over my life time.

Sharyn54 is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I am new to the forum but have been half hearted about low carb/high fat for a couple of years. I just need to clean up my act so thought I would follow Mark's 21 day transformation plan. Day 3 today and going ok so far.

Your location: Exeter, Devon, UK

Age (If you want): 58

How Primal are you: only just!

Do you consume dairy: some - love cheese and like cream in my coffee occasionally. Been intolerant to milk since childhood.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes - decaff and black (most often)

Motivator for switching to Primal: attempting to get back into low carb/high fat to lose weight and get lean and fit

Favorite exercise: walking and cycling (mainly in gym as weather is dreadful here)

Favorite Primal food: beef

Best part about being Primal: feeling clean and in control

Worst part about being Primal: the temptation of the dessert menu (but I am hoping that will disappear over time)
    Sharyn

sed777 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Lake Forest, California

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: I'd say 80/20. No grains, little dairy. Avoiding sugar except in some jerky and marinades.

Do you consume dairy: some butter, Organic Half N Half, Aged Cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Sadly Everday, still a slave to the bean! W/Stevia and Little cream.

Motivator for switching to Primal: getting older, getting fatter. 2 knee surgeries, pain and inflammation.Dad in son's scout den lost 60lbs in 10 months after going primal! Figure i would give it 3 weeks and i've dropped 14 lbs in 16 days!

Favorite exercise: None. i hate exercise, but anything that makes my arms look buff.

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: not having to worry about how much I can eat! Rich full fat foods!

Worst part about being Primal: I miss pizza and peanut butter, but i feel so much better i cant imagine eating grains anymore. It gets a little hard if you don't plan ahead and mix up your animal proteins!

Monk is offline Senior Member
    Hi, I'm new, joined yesterday, but have been visiting a few days. Followed a link from primalToad. I really am not much of a self-promoter, since I got over myself a few years ago (lol) I rely on my actions more than words. The easiest way for me to go about the rest of this, is to use the questions.

I live i Ohio, male 46, till Dec 2nd, Go Sagitarians!

99% primal--started October 16th 2012 and besides a hoho and peanut butter cup bing teh second day in and a piece of cheesecake over this weekend, I have eaten only meat, chicken fish and veggies and fruit.

I do drink a little goats milk, but less in the colder months, because of the muecus it creates.

I drink herbal and medicinal teas.

I was vegetarian for over a year...tired of gaining weight, belly gas and no energy.

mostly walking, but had some fun in the park doing some movnat stuff I saw online(haven't gone to a movnat class yet)

Favorite primal food, probably rotis chicken, but anything grilled is good.

Love being primal, no reason not to be. More energy, less feeling of the undiagnosed , onset of arthritis.

Worst part is that my perspective has changed to what alot of the forum members talk about. I see people eating crap and know that I was just there a couple weeks ago.

Favorite food

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone. I've been lurking on this website for at least a month or so now. I've cut grains and refined sugars back gradually over the past 3-4 years just based on my personal experience with them.

Your location:NYC

Age (If you want):24

How Primal are you: 80-90%...

Do you consume dairy: Some cheese; also some non-fat frozen yogurt on carb refeed days.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both. I drink green tea daily.

Motivator for switching to Primal: History of type-2 diabetes/blood pressure/etc. problems in my family, vanity, and a natural curiosity with all things biochemistry (my majors in college were biochem and chemical engineering).

Favorite exercise: dancing, closely followed by some strength training + walking.

Favorite Primal food: Lamb. I was raised eating lots of it growing up in Xinjiang. I've got lovely childhood memories of lamb kebabs seasoned with cumin/red pepper and roasted over the open fire.

Best part about being Primal: Less carb crashes. I also LOVE the side benefit of being way more creative in the kitchen and learning to cook some of my favorite Xinjiang/Chinese dishes. After just a month of primalizing my food I've already come up with so many more recipes than I've ever come up with since living on my own. I've found that Asian food is really easy to primalize as opposed to American/Italian food...so PB has also helped me get in touch with my cultural cuisine.

Worst part about being Primal: More expensive grocery bill on a law student budget.

cinderella is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hello everyone! This is my first day and I feel like I am at the bottom of a HUGE mountain and looking up at the top. I am scared and excited and hopeful that I will make it to the top! I have about 50 lbs to lose and I cannot wait to feel more energetic and healthy! I am so happy that there are so many fantastic resources and that I have found this blog to help me with my journey. Anyone else starting this awesome lifestyle change today?