Page 442 of 629 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452492542 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,420 of 6289

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 442

spacedchic00 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: SW Ohio

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Partially primal (easing into it since it's a big change)

Do you consume dairy: very rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes and Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: My 2 yo has some digestive issues and this seems the easiest way to help her. Also, I'm tired of being fat.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: sunflower seeds

Best part about being Primal: I feel better

Worst part about being Primal: My grocery bill!

wwur is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Raleigh, NC

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: 95% primal... I'm alotting 5% for the confusion I currently have. But, I've been doing this for 12 days and counting and am amazed at the results so far!

Do you consume dairy: Not much, but yes... usually butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No. Not a fan. I was a Starbucks Hot Cocoa junkie until 12 days ago, though.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, overall health and well-being.

Favorite exercise: Boxing!!!

Favorite Primal food: Steak!!

Best part about being Primal: The satisfaction of seeing/feeling results right away.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing. This is a purely positive experience involving mind over matter.

Cisco-Kid is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Victoria BC

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: 100%

Do you consume dairy: no, but do have raw cheese once in a blue moon

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, I love tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Seems very logical and has proven to be very effective/beneficial

Favorite exercise: Weight lifting - squats or bench press

Favorite Primal food: Lamb

Best part about being Primal: Increased energy

Worst part about being Primal: Unsure of the specifics and if I'm doing things properly

caroprimal is offline Junior Member
    Hello,
    Very new to this, been primal for 10 days, have researched for months, so feel ready to take the 100% primal leap!
    Im from Scotland, 35 years old, used to workout loads, but now pretty out of shape, thus primal lifestyle change.
    So far from the last 10 days I have loved my Avocado's with chicken salads, but have found that its all I eat in the day, don't feel hungry! Not complaining, goal of 133 lbs or less ( my before baby fighting weight) ! Currently 151, 5ft 8inch, out of shape and feel really crappy!

I would really like advice on Dairy? I drink quite a lot in my tea and coffee's throughout the day
    Any advice would be appreciated guys.
    Last edited by caroprimal; 10-13-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Knic is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Memphis

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: 85%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: My health. At 33 I started having horrible joint pain, I went to an orthopedic Dr. who told me I needed a total hip replacement and needed gastric bypass surgery. Now, I am overweight and no doubt I need to lose weight but gastric bypass is not the answer. And this Dr. also could give me no reason why I was having such degeneration at my age. He also implied that I was just lazy and so who cares what the cause of your pain is. The fact is, I am not lazy. I was at the gym when the intense pain started. Anyway, I didn't believe that I needed a hip replacement so after second and third opinions no other physician has even seen severe degeneration in my joints. So, after researching causes for joint pain, I came upon the primal lifestyle. After only just a couple of weeks I have had significant improvments.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Red Meat

Best part about being Primal: Energy!!!

Worst part about being Primal: People who think I have joined a cult, haha!! I have had this comment a few times though.

gutierrezl is offline Junior Member

Howdy from Oregon!

The Questions:

Your location: Oregon

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you consume dairy: Once a week- a low carb ice cream bar or a latte. I allow myself a Friday night treat.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee, no cream or sugar.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Have lost 55 pounds by cutting calories and exercising but became stuck. Switched to Paleo about 2 months ago. The scale has only moved down about 3 pounds but I'm down clothing sizes. I have about 40 pounds to go but that may adjust. Slow and steady is my goal. I am letting my body shrink at it's own pace by cutting out the junk.

Favorite exercise: Without a doubt, hiking! Get me outdoors. What motivates me is to read a book on the Pacific Crest Trail or the Camino de Santiago.

Favorite Primal food: Steak, avocado, fresh fruit.......

Best part about being Primal: Clarity of mind, no bloating. That would be my top two!

Worst part about being Primal: I crave a cookie or cake now and then but have yet to attempt Paleo versions. That will come.

RebKA14 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Northern NJ

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: New to this

Do you consume dairy: maybe

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I read "It Starts With Food" and it makes a lot of sense. I tried doing a "whole 30" for a few weeks and found it very difficult and fell off the wagon. Today, (the day after my 40th Birthday) I am giving it another go.

Favorite exercise: Walking the dog.

Favorite Primal food: Not sure. Made some awesome pumpkin muffins last week.

Best part about being Primal: Looking forward to being healthier.

Worst part about being Primal: Lack of convenience foods and having to cook everything. No Paleo take out around!!

Charlie_Sunshine is offline Junior Member
    Here we go.....

Your location: London

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: For the past month I have been sticking to a primal diet throughout the week, however I cave at the weekends to the lure of sugar 

Do you consume dairy: Very occasionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: No ( I use to get my caffeine kick from diet Pepsi bit am trying to knock that on the head)

Motivator for switching to Primal: The pathway to good health

Favorite exercise: Sprint skipping (Rocky style!)

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: More energy, sense of wellbeing, helps control sugar levels (I am borderline diabetic) Weight loss - not that I really need to lose weight as I currently weigh around 106llbs and am 5ft2 however I have a tendency to yo yo (probably due to the weekend ‘caving’ sessions!

Worst part about being Primal: I have an unhealthy obsession with hot chocolate, it’s my comfort blanket so I miss not having it in my life!

DJDiPreta is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New York, NY

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Trying not to unless special occasion (I'm Italian cheese is everywhere)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Mostly Black Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight

Favorite exercise: Crossfit

Favorite Primal food: Skirt Steak

Best part about being Primal: Not worrying about calorie counting

Worst part about being Primal: Missing cheese and frozen yogurt

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Atlanta, GA

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: 80/20-ish. I'm ashamed to admit I still eat fast food about once a week, but I'm strict paleo when I cook for myself, which is most of the time.

Do you consume dairy: I'm lactose intolerant, so I try to avoid it. I can handle a splash of heavy cream in my coffee every few days, and I'll consume butter until the day I die.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee in the mornings, chamomile or peppermint tea at night.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I read The Clan of the Cave Bear after high school and became fascinated with everything prehistoric. That lead me to major in anthropology, which lead me to study human diet. I'd be stupid, with everything I've learned about human evolution, not to go paleo.

Favorite exercise: It's a tie between squats and deadlifts.

Favorite Primal food: Everything is better with bacon! Everything!

Best part about being Primal: Never having to eat another rice cake again. Not starving every two hours. Being able to lift 250 lbs. Being able to take the stairs without losing my breath. BACON.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out, and having to explain to my dad (again) why I can't eat his famous spaghetti.