run / sprint
    hockey

Favorite Primal food:
    Venison, Salmon / trout

Best part about being Primal:
    belly is moving to shoulders

Worst part about being Primal:
    is there one ?
    Last edited by neilc11; 10-08-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Nataleeps is offline Junior Member

Hello

Your location: Berkshire, England

How Primal are you: Getting there. I used to do Atkins (the original) which suited me, and isn't very different. Did that for a year or so, but that was some years back. Then my husband saw a program on tv about intermittent fasting. That led to us finding this site. Really like Intermittent fasting, and Primal goes with it very well. Breaking my fast with a veg and cheese omelet and some form of meat (fish, bacon, black pudding, left over roast ....) feels decadent.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee Yes (mainly decaf as I roast my own), Tea - only green or fruit tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm was so unfit, everything ached, could hardly walk the dog and I was getting worse, plus despite already being obese I was starting to put on even more weight.

Favorite exercise: Cycling but like walking the dog, Zumba and Tai Chi

Favorite Primal food: Eggs (have my own chickens)

Best part about being Primal: The reduction in joint pain.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to be more organised about cooking and my ingredients.
    Last edited by Nataleeps; 10-08-2012 at 07:50 AM.

Caryng4 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Bronx

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: With food pretty much all the way...working on the outdoors thing.

Do you consume dairy: Once or twice a month.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was researching many different types of diets and started working out 6 days a week (cross fit, insanity, running, walking etc). I wasn’t getting the results I wanted and I was always tried. After speaking with my doctor about my new “health” diet (still including grains and dairy), exercise and, the fact that I felt tried consistently he suggested the Cave man diet. So I started reading up on the diet/life style. Ironically, we had a health fair at my office were I met a personal trainer that has changed his diet to the Primal diet since June and loves it, he suggested Marks site. I am so happy that he suggested it to me as I was still at a loss at how to live in a new age world and live Primal. Nevertheless, that’s how I got started and I lost 7 pounds in two weeks and more importantly I have energy!

Favorite exercise: Insanity

Favorite Primal food: I have a sweet tooth so I am loving the Almond Banana Pancakes and cocoa and coconut snack in Marks cook book.

Best part about being Primal: Having Energy and Feeling full!

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to eat Ice-cream or Pizza 

Kydnav is offline Junior Member
    Your location: SW Michigan

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: 98%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee - one Grande Pike in the AM!!

Motivator for switching to Primal: It works for me. It is easy for my brain and emotions to wrap themselves around. Plus I love eating meat!!

Favorite exercise: Cycling - also enjoy CrossFit

Favorite Primal food: My homemade Primal Stew!! (Any veggies I can find, cooked with 3lbs of grass fed hamburger, it is a staple for me!!)

Best part about being Primal: I can eat as much of the foods I can eat as I want! Also feeling great and losing weight!

Worst part about being Primal: No more Nachos at night....

bluestocking67 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Atlanta, GA

Age (If you want): ahm...getting lots of practice being 35

How Primal are you: Food wise: Getting there. The pantry is 99% primal (with the exception of the jar of olive oil mayo for the emergency tuna salad when I'm starving and can't get mayo made right that moment) and all the meals and snacks I cook are primal. Eating out I try my best to make primal choices and don't sweat the oils/etc being used because they're out of my control. (I am 100% rabid about no gluten, even eating out, tho). Exercise wise... yah, um... about that whole exercise thing... *blush*

Do you consume dairy: not on a regular basis, but I don't have a problem with it

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. 1/2 cup in the AM with almond milk & stevia (the other half ususally goes cold before I finish it)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Gained (more) weight (not that I've ever been skinny in my life) and got diagnosed with mid life type 2 diabetes a year and a half ago. Did some reading on alternative methods for controlling blood sugar which lead me in a round about manner to the primal/paleo lifestyle. Went hard core for 6 months last year, lost 35 lbs and my blood sugar was so good that my insurance company didn't consider me diabetic. Then major events in life hit me like a mac truck and I started eating poorly again. (Hard to eat well when you're grabbing catch as catch can meals shuttling between work and the hospital/critical care giving. Gained some weight back, felt crappy again. Finally got myself back on track and am acknowledging that however momentary the pleasure of sugar/grains as I eat them, I just plain feel better NOT eating them.

Favorite exercise: ballroom dancing (I am sooooo not an athlete)

Favorite Primal food:

Best part about being Primal: more energy, allergies minimized, sleep better, very few sugar/carb cravings

Worst part about being Primal: Catered meetings at work. Minimal choice on the menus and almost always guaranteed to be a total fail for much appetizing that I can safely eat.
    Last edited by bluestocking67; 10-09-2012 at 11:06 AM.

nelladean19 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: California

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Just started.

Do you consume dairy: As of now, yes. Some in my morning coffee & occasional glass of milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee in the morning..most mornings. And iced black tea...sometimes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've tried many other exercise programs and "fad diets" and nothing seems to make me feel better or lose weight for that matter. I'm tired of feeling tired.

Favorite exercise: I love to run! I was a track star in high school and want to get back to that feeling. I can't run or even walk much anymore without my knees and ankles hurting after only a couple minutes.

Favorite Primal food: Not sure yet. I do love me some red meat!!! Now knowing that it's ok to eat it, I will consume as much as I possible can...GUILT FREEEEEE!

Best part about being Primal: All the things I thought were bad for me, really aren't. I can eat all the things I love and get rid of the crap that's hurting me more than I know. I don't eat much of them as it is, so it shouldn't be too difficult to make the change.

Worst part about being Primal: I will miss ice cream! Although I might induldge every once in a blue moon!

cheskaboo is offline Junior Member
    Your location: NAPLES, FL

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: NEWBIE..MAYBE 85%.

Do you consume dairy: YES, OCCASIONALLY: CHEESE, BUTTER, GREEK YOGURT, SKIM. LOVE ALMOND MILK NOW THOUGH

Do you drink coffee or tea: YES, DAILY...SOMETIMES A LATTE W SKIM.

Motivator for switching to Primal: DIGESTION PROBLEMS, FATIGUE, WEIGHT GAIN, ACHES..

Favorite exercise: TOUGH...INTERVAL TRAINING; JUMPING JACKS & SQUATS ARE AWESOME!!! NATURE WALKING

Favorite Primal food: ORGANIC GRASS FED STEAK

Best part about being Primal: NOT SURE YET HAVEN'T REALLY DIVED HEAD FIRST IN YET..

Worst part about being Primal:EATING OUT ; BOYFRIEND ISNT PALEO AND HE LOVES EVERYHTHING NOT PALEO

edennoel is offline Junior Member
    Questions:

Your location: Utah

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: 100% for 3 or 4 weeks, then 2 weeks off, then back on for another 3 or 4 weeks

Do you consume dairy: limited--some cheese, yogurt, or sour cream. Not daily, maybe 3 times a week

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to lose 200 lbs. I want to get married. I want to have babies.

Favorite exercise: Crossfit

Favorite Primal food: Grass-fed beef, pastured eggs

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good. Lots of energy

Worst part about being Primal: Struggle with changing behaviors socially and during my cycle. Carb cravings really get me sometimes.

Brown is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: PA

Age (If you want): mid 30s

How Primal are you: primalish

Do you consume dairy: In small amounts

Do you drink coffee or tea: God yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Low energy, brothers' success

Favorite exercise: Chasing my kids

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Steak

Worst part about being Primal: I like cheese. Beer too, but even before going primal, I cut way back because it makes me feel really gross.

EllePatrick is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Scotland

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you:

Fully other than eating organic, the cost is just too much for us right now.

Do you consume dairy:

No, I have an intolerance.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Nettle tea now and then

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Getting rid of GERD/Gastrits, losing weight and being healthy

Favorite exercise:

Long walks with my famiy

Favorite Primal food:

Steak

Best part about being Primal:

It just feels right