Page 437 of 621 FirstFirst ... 337387427435436437438439447487537 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 6208

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 437

digital_ruse is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Here are my answers!

Your location: Calgary, Canada

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: I literally started yesterday, so I'm doing great so far, but my goal is to follow 80/20

Do you consume dairy: Yes, that's the thing I'd like to keep - I'm avoiding it quite a bit right now, but not 100%

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want all the benefits that everyone brags about! I want the energy, increased focus, and I want to look like I work out as hard as I do

Favorite exercise: I like HIIT and weight lifting. Those probably don't go together all that well, but that's what I do.

Favorite Primal food: Pretty much anything wrapped in bacon. Bacon wrapped sirloin is great.

Best part about being Primal: I'm not sure yet! I'll have to wait and see

Worst part about being Primal: I anticipate eating at friend's houses to be a bit tough. I hate being high maintenance and picky.

DBaum is offline Junior Member
    Hello to the Primal Tribe!

How Primal?: Generally 90/10; there's these great little dark chocolate almond bites made by a local company that are hard to resist...

Dairy?: I started out doing the Whole 30 challenge; for a long time that meant no dairy. Now, however, I have discovered Greek Yogurt which seems to agree with me and is sooooo good.

Coffee or Tea?: An occasional breve; Assam tea every morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My Crossfit gym held a 30-day challenge; I was mostly vegetarian but had heard from other members of my gym about how much more energy they had, how they recovered faster on Paleo. I took the challenge mostly out of curiosity and now can't see going back to my former mostly vegetarian diet.

Favorite exercise: CrossFit, hiking.

Favorite Primal Food: OK, I admit, I love bacon. I also love a good steak well prepared with a honking big salad of fresh greens.

Best part about being Primal: Gathering at primal potlucks with others who are primal.

Worst part: My husband continues to be vegetarian for ethical reasons, and he also continues to think that meat is bad for people. Fortunately, he's grown resigned to my carnivorous ways since I seem to be so healthy. I'd love for him to join in being primal especially since he's the one with gut problems.

Screamer is offline Member
    Your location: London, United Kingdom

Age (If you want):30

How Primal are you: Haven't started yet but hoping to be mostly primal when i start.

Do you consume dairy:At the moment yes but mainly lactose free

Do you drink coffee or tea:Yes, black coffee ground and lots of different herbal teas and normal teas (i'm british after all)

Motivator for switching to Primal:I really need to lose the weight i've gained through having polycystic ovaries and sitting at a desk all day everyday. I used to be toned as hell and 8st. Now i'm closer to 11 and whilst i can still see the muscles underneath, i need to lose the layer of fat, and actually burn that fat!

Favorite exercise: Any team sports or things where you have to reach an end point/goal

Favorite Primal food:I'm sure it's going to be meat and eggs.

Best part about being Primal:I'll tell you when i get there!

Worst part about being Primal:I'm imagining going to people's houses for dinner and or going out to eat.

nwalsh is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Washington State

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Strict (on day 3)

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Seeing if getting rid of grains, dairy, and sugar help with health problems....and hoping for weight loss of course

Favorite exercise: lifting weights and attempting to run on a treadmill

Favorite Primal food: almond butter

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling bloated

Worst part about being Primal: The sugar cravings

Julietriespaleo is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:
    I'm trying to decide if I should do the leptin reset first or just stick with becoming more and more primal...
    I'm already at a point where I've cut out wheat and grains and I'm trying to keep my carbs to 50g from fruit and vegetables...and some wine.

Your location: I'm living in Kamloops British Columbia Canada. It's been so sunny the last couple of months and I'm really NOT looking forward to the temperature drop that's heading our way. BRRRR ... I want to move south!

Age (If you want): Just turned 40 .... learning to deal with it.

How Primal are you: getting there, I'd guess about 80-95%?

Do you consume dairy: yes, whole cream in my coffee and greek plain yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee every morning and sometimes tea in the afternoon.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I lost some weight on another diet and then went immediately to following the leptin reset and was able to maintain the weight loss while eating bacon and eggs and yummy fats like chicken thighs cooked in coconut oil!

Favorite exercise: tennis tennis tennis!

Favorite Primal food: bacon and avacado

Best part about being Primal:feeling satisfied and not deprived.

Worst part about being Primal: remembering that peanut butter is out.

VanessaH35 is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I'm Vanessa and I'm a marketing professional in Santa Monica/West LA that loves to hike and visit the farmers markets here that we are so fortunate to have!

Do you consume dairy: Not very often. I love almond and coconut milk!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Mostly tea and sometimes decaf coffee with coconut milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: Had a health and nutrition "awakening" about 4 years ago after becoming ill from a gut dysbiosis. Eating primal got rid of my brain fog, overall inflammation, anxiety and have tons of energy! No food comas!

Favorite exercise: Hiking and yoga

Favorite Primal food: Coconut and avocados. A good pot roast

Best part about being Primal: Feeling fantastic and the feeling I can do anything. The calmness and clarity it gives me versus eating SAD foods

Worst part about being Primal: Sometimes it is time consuming but the benefits significantly outweigh this factor. I believe in eating whole foods

Your location: Houston TX

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: been low carbing for about a year and a half. now transitioning into primal

Do you consume dairy: cheese and heavy whipping cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: benefits of eating natural food

Favorite exercise: sports

Favorite Primal food: meat

Best part about being Primal: being knowledgeable

Worst part about being Primal: the weird looks people give you when you try explaining something that goes against the grain (pun intended)

changingmylife is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Northern Utah

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: about 75%. I just started a month ago and learning more every day.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but only cheese, Greek yogurt, and cream (in small amounts)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Rarely

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have had poly-cystic ovarian disease since I was an adolescent. I was diagnosed a month ago with type 2 diabetes, my A1c was 12.8! I was put on medication but my goal is to be off in a year. I am also obese. I desire to become healthy (without medications) and to lose weight.

Favorite exercise: Riding my bike, walking with occasional sprinting, and lifting heavy things

Favorite Primal food: anything pork

Best part about being Primal: Losing weight, feeling awake and alert, having more energy, and understanding my body more

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out

Ganymede is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New Zealand

Age (If you want): 58

How Primal are you: hmm trying to get my head around it

Do you consume dairy:not much at all

Do you drink coffee or tea:1 cup coffe in morning + 1 tea during morning tea at work

Motivator for switching to Primal:health & weight

Favorite exercise:walking but not doing too much of that lately

Favorite Primal food:love it all

Best part about being Primal:staying healthy

Worst part about being Primal:nothing

mackekat is offline Junior Member
    Hello,

My name is Kathleen and I have been primal for 13 days. I have cheated twice but work-out 5 days per week. My main reason for going primal initially was to lose weight, however, now I like the healthy lifestyle. I am curious as to when people started seeing weight loss results as I have seen none thus far.

Thank you!