Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 6252

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 436

mamasunshine is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location:
    Northern California
    Age (If you want):
    How Primal are you:
    Not too primal. As of right now, I do quite a lot of baking and breadmaking. We do raise our own fowl, and pork, though.
    Do you consume dairy:
    Yes
    Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Tea
    Motivator for switching to Primal:
    To try it out and see how it feels, and to kick start some baby weight loss.
    Favorite exercise:
    Swimming
    Favorite Primal food:
    Vegetables
    Best part about being Primal:
    Don't know yet
    Worst part about being Primal:
    Don't this either.

I do have a few questions about primal living. One, how does this lifestyle play into feeding your family and family life? Feeding kids? Two, how does the nourishing traditions/ Weston A price philosophy compare with this one? Example: Soaking your grains/beans to get rid of phytic acid, etc. How about fermented foods? How does eating farm raised animals (pigs, cow, etc) compare to eating wild foods (deer, elk, fish, etc)? Thanks!

karamich is offline Junior Member
    Your location: West Palm Beach, FL

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Getting there. Just changing! I tried out the INSANITY exercise program and had added in carbs (whereas b4 I mostly avoided them except for a few meals a month where I indulged). I had to add them, though, b/c INSANITY is mostly cardio and I was burnt out from them and needed fuel. Ugh, carbs and I don't agree. Neither do cardio and I! I gained weight, didn't burn fat, and felt discouraged!!! (Measurements stayed the same, though, so I added muscle but did not BURN FAT!) I did, however, increase my fitness level and endurance, for what it's worth.

SO, back to low carb but more primal, weighted exercise/intervals 3x a week, & rebounding for my movement exercise. Kids and I take walks and I do sprints w/ them - they think it's great fun - for my run fast and play! My husband has committed to joining w/ me and we will bring the kids on board gradually…they are little and don't understand why mommy wants to take away Cheerios and Goldfish!

Do you consume dairy: I do consume dairy but very little. I use half and half (whole fat) in my tea and eat full fat Greek yogurt w/ berries a couple days a week. I'm cutting back a little while I begin my Primal journey as I want to burn fat!!!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea - I love tea. All kinds of tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I prefer to eat low carb, high protein as I think it agrees w/ me more. I have some hormonal issues that I'm trying to solve naturally (so many doctors have told me to do so many things that I completely disagree with). I am almost at my ideal weight (for me, not based on charts!) and have some fat to lose - not a ton, I'm thin, I want to be lean and muscular!

Favorite exercise: Honestly, I never really loved exercise but have gotten into the habit of exercise so I like it more. I enjoy walking, rebounding, & I really like Jari Love DVDs - weighted interval rotations, weight lifting, etc. I really hope to incorporate her DVDs into my new primal routine.

Favorite Primal food: I love eggs, steak, and for a treat - almond flour, carob chip cookies made w/ natural sweeteners.

Best part about being Primal: Everything! Especially the relaxed attitude of doing what works for you and not worrying about caloric intake, food journaling, fat to carb ratios, and endless cardio…those things make me feel obsessive and crazy. Just can't do it and be mentally healthy. The relaxed approach of living life and having fun makes me feel free!

Worst part about being Primal: As I'm just starting, I'm spending a lot of time reading - I just want to do it! So far, that's it!!!

Question: When using DVDs for Lift Heavy Things, is it ok to do 60 min 3x a week? Is it ok if there are short cardio intervals combined w/ compound exercises using weights and working total body? My favorite DVDs are Jari Love Ripped, Extremely Ripped 1000, & Slim & Lean (just weights & body resistance exercises), and I really want to incorporate them into my life w/o overdoing it. Maybe I'm over thinking it already! Thanks.
    Last edited by karamich; 10-01-2012 at 09:25 AM.

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Your location: London, England

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: 2 weeks in, only 3 non-primal meals so far

Do you consume dairy: butter daily and parmesan rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea (no milk)

Motivator for switching to Primal: fat loss, general health

Favorite exercise: dancing

Favorite Primal food: Good eggs

Best part about being Primal: tons of energy

Worst part about being Primal: So far, so good!

ouvickie is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Oklahoma

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: Just getting started. I'm following the food plan, but haven't implemented a habitual exercise routine yet.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I use butter and cream in my food at times.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink one cup of coffee with real-cream, in the morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I need to lose weight and I'm tired of feeling sick and tired all of the time.

Favorite exercise: Yoga

Favorite Primal food: Meat and fruit

Best part about being Primal: No more stomach pain!

Worst part: I don't know that there is a worst part, it just takes time to educate myself to read packaged food labels.

baz
    baz is offline Junior Member
    Your location:dorset , England

Age (If you want):47

How Primal are you:nearly there

Do you consume dairy:cheese,cream once in while

Do you drink coffee or tea:white tea/ 1-2 decaf coffee a day

Motivator for switching to Primal:I have been on a low carb diet for 2 months I found an old book- but now switch to mark's way of life as you can eat fruit

Favorite exercise:walking/rowing machine/cycling

Favorite Primal food:fillet steak

Best part about being Primal:feel better i'm not always thinking of food

Worst part about being Primal:not eating baked beans

Hi guys, I have been struggling to lost weight since I had a double heart by pass 3 years ago. I have lost 15 pounds in 2 months
    I have been doing a out dated diet and found that I missing fruit. A friend told me about Marks diet, so here I am.
    I also have celiac disease so the no grains as a no brainer.
    Last edited by baz; 10-01-2012 at 01:55 PM.

latalbot87 is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Louisiana

Age (If you want):25

How Primal are you: Was just introduced to the site this afternoon.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: neither, though I may pick them up to replace my sodas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My son & wanting to live a better quality of life for him.

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: From what I've seen of the food prob steak )

Best part about being Primal: don't know yet

Worst part about being Primal: I'll prob end up saying giving up my sodas

dreadlockmama is offline Junior Member

Hello from Dreadlockmama!

Hi there.

Here are my answers...

Your location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Age (If you want): A very hip & sexy 54 (if I do say so myself!)

How Primal are you: 100%

Do you consume dairy: No...only butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea, herbal tea, bancha (twig) tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: To get rid of lower back pain due to inflammation...lose 30 pounds...stop dieting forever...increase energy...enjoy life!

Favorite exercise: Swimming, walking and hiking

Favorite Primal food: Don't have a favorite..yet.

Best part about being Primal: Stay tuned and I'll let you know.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing so far!

Here's to the Primal Life!

Dreadlockmama

puka_hale is offline Junior Member
    Your location: I live in Rural Hall Nc

Age (If you want):42

How Primal are you: I'm some what primal I'd say 50% and am going whole hearted. I've seen how well 50% has helpt I know it will only get better from here.

Do you consume dairy: I am not eating grains anymore as of April of this year but grass fed beef and other "wild" meat are hard to come by.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes both it is my new soda i need to cut back on them

Motivator for switching to Primal: Diabetes. I'm not a big fan of taking drugs for longer than necessary.

Favorite exercise: no favorite all is good

Favorite Primal food: coconut anything having been born on O'ahu it is the food of life.

Best part about being Primal: AS of today I am by doctor's orders drug free. and I'm no longer "diabetic" A1C 5.1

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing is Worst than the alternative, being diabetic

Jeska is offline Junior Member
    Your location: vegas

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: about 80%.. I stopped eating refined carbs but sometimes still splurge on the "good" ones..

Do you consume dairy: only yogurt and cottage cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea everyday

Motivator for switching to Primal: digestion/health issues

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food: salmon & broccoli

Best part about being Primal: eating better food

Worst part about being Primal: its harder to plan healthy eating

alisundra is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Connecticut

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: 100%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Now that it is Fall I love drinking my tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of yo yo dieting and feeling horrible all the time and I want to be around for my kids.

Favorite exercise: Don't have one yet but walking the dogs is quite fun.

Favorite Primal food: Meat!

Best part about being Primal: I feel better than I have in years.

Worst part about being Primal: It isn't that bad but I cook for non primal family. They don't know it but I am slowly getting them switched over bwaahaahaa!!