Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 435

mrh123 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location:

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: recent and pretty primal at this stage

Do you consume dairy: minimal.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: improve health, target stubborn (and increasing) fat, feel better

Favorite exercise: I do a three times weekly outdoor women's fitness program with the most awesome coach in the world.

Favorite Primal food: Where do I begin....

Best part about being Primal: Still pretty new to this, but I feel better knowing what's in my food and how my body will use it.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss bread, oatmeal, pasta and rice. Sad.

jmacs87 is offline Junior Member
    My location: DC

Age (If you want): 50s

How Primal are you: 95% or more, I'm not too sure. I'm still learning.

Do you consume dairy: Not much

Do you drink coffee or tea: Just water the past few weeks.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health & a little weight management, mostly curiousity.

Favorite exercise: Probably using my total gym.

Favorite Primal food: I enjoy the food more than I expected.

Best part about being Primal: Learning to grill veggies.

Worst part about being Primal: Actually paying attention to what I'm eating and I'm the only one in the family on the diet.
    Last edited by jmacs87; 10-03-2012 at 02:33 AM.

SJW2 is offline Member
    My location: New Paltz, NY

How Primal are you: Not sure on a percentage, but pretty darn primal. Only cave once in awhile when it is outside my control.

Do you consume dairy: Yes - use butter for cooking, sour cream for guacamole, and the occasional bit of cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee on most days - get up at before the sun during the week. Am thinking of cutting it out though.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Realized I was out of shape and was frustrated.

Favorite exercise: basketball, running, pushups

Favorite primal food: Eggs, grass-fed beef and berries

Best part about being Primal: DECREASED HUNGER - I used to be REALLY hungry fairly often. Increased energy. Stable blood sugar.

Worst part about being primal: having to cook for myself all the time - I enjoy it somewhat at times, but sometimes I do want to be lazy.

Roryfd is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Milton, Wa

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you: Very Primal during the day, having trouble staying as Primal in the evening after dinner :-)

Do you consume dairy: Not much, some cream in coffee in morning.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup coffee in morning, tea, oolong, green during day, just quit adding honey to it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: overall health, been eating more primal for the past year, just finished the Primal Blueprint, and past it on to my wife, she is trying but having a hard time eliminating grains, bread, especially sandwiches for the boys, thinks they can't survive on just the meat and cheese, and as sugar burners that may be true, but after reading the book maybe she'll understand if they trun into fat burners they can do fine off just the meat and cheese, maybe in a lettuce wrap.

Favorite exercise: pushups

Favorite Primal food: grass fed beef

Best part about being Primal: health, hopefully effortless weight loss and maintenance.

Worst part about being Primal: evening snacks

pepper is offline Junior Member
    Hi, All! I am not technically new here, but haven't been around in about a year. I am a 42 year old single mother of 8 children, and we all eat mostly primal (were not for about 8 months, but hopped back on the primal wagon about 2 months ago)and are adopting a more primal lifestyle in all areas. Have a few acres, chickens, milk cow, raising our own beef, raise a couple of meat goats. I have been taking care of my ailing parents for sometime (my mother did of cancer a few months ago, and dad is living with me now - made him go primal, too, and his health has improved immensely!) I am looking forward to being back on board!
    Blessings, ALL!
    Peppers

BreakfastSteak is offline Junior Member
    Your location: London, UK

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: I am a lost primal sheep. 2 years ago I started paleo with amazing results, kept it up for a year and a half. Then my final year of collage came about and trough the stress, small size of my wallet and no time to spare I slowly gave in to "comfort foods" quick processed oven meals and so on (I stayed away from bread, rice, pasta and almost all grains). I gained 4 kilos in the past 6 months of reckless eating and worst of all my fitness levels are back to square one. But I am back on the Primal bandwagon and going in 100%.

Do you consume dairy: In my morning coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I had to take a food allergy test (I was a lab rat for my friend's nutrition degree final project) and I found out I am intolerant to grains. Not as bad as Celiacs but still I found the answer to the age old question: Why am I always bloated and lethargic after I eat? So I found Paleo.

Favorite exercise: Cycling

Favorite Primal food: Big Fat cut of grass fed steak (could have it all day every day)

Best part about being Primal: The energy, all round well being. The awesome way in which all areas of my life have been positively affected by the change, in one way or another.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss Ketchup.

Brentski is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone,
    I live in Woodstock, Ga. I'm 41 years old, and I am on the verge of going quite primal. My wife and I recently had our second child, and have been watching both our bellies get bigger during her pregnancy. Not only do we want to loose the weight we've gained but also want to have the health and energy we will need to keep up with a daughter 41 years younger than us. I am looking forward to many aspects of the primal blueprint, especially the types of exercise, and the meat veg and fat heavy diet. I am a little concerned at how dramatic it will be to loose the carbs. I will be starting a primal journal soon, and be scanning lots of other journals to rally myself and wife to what I think could be the first diet we can live with. Wish us luck!

Hellafunkadella is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: I live in Hawaii, on the island of Oahu

Age (If you want): Just turned 50 this year

How Primal are you: Pretty Primal. I started the program 21 days ago, I've done away with sodas, adding sugar or sugar substitutes to my ice tea, I shop for my meats and eggs at Whole Foods, so I'm getting high quality products. I don't drink alcohol, I do every now and then still like sweet things, but I am content with one or two small bites.

Do you consume dairy: once in awhile, a single spoonful of ice cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: iced tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I stumbled upon the "Primal Blueprint" while shopping, and as soon as I started flipping through it, I knew it was right for me. I've had a love/hate relationship with sugar and carbs all my life: love the flavor, hate the after effects. I knew if I was going to take my life and my priorities to the next level, I had to give up the sweets. And there's been no looking back. I can still have just one bite, and that is just fine.

Favorite exercise: walking on a treadmill with my ipod filled with favorite music videos from the 80's.

Favorite Primal food: nitratre free bacon!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling satisfied when I eat. Not feeling that I need "just a little bit more."

Worst part about being Primal: Seeing so many miserable overweight people around me. I just want to grab them by the hand and say "look, you don't need to eat that crap anymore."

Another reason I decided to go primal is that as a writer, I need a lot of self-discipline to keep at it. I've worked hard for many years establishing goals and meeting them. I realized I needed to do the same with my eating. But having been a life-long yo-yo dieter, I also needed the freedom of eating when you wanted. Of exercising when I wanted, and the freedom to mix and match my needs as they showed up. I've known for a long time about exercise and good nutrition, but the miracle of eating good fats just blew my mind. I can see myself eating this way forever.

PaleoPanda is offline Member
    Your location: Leeds, UK

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: I'm just kinda starting out on this journey. I've been doing it gradually - I cut out the grains and legumes first, and gradually reduced sugar and processed foods, and "primalized" my kitchen. I reckon I'm about there now.

Do you consume dairy: I use butter sparingly, have natural yogurt/kefir and the occasional bit of feta cheese.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Celiac and Crohns, no relief from conventional dietary advice, but got some relief from the SCD. However, I couldn't get why that allowed legumes, because they are like poison to me. Primal made more sense - I "got it" - it's a lot less complicated than the SCD.

Favorite exercise: Cycling

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: I won't go too TMI, but the improvement in my gut symptoms. I have a colon stricture, and as a result I got very bloated and blocked up and relied on high doses of laxatives. I'm now tapering off those, on half the dose I was on and hoping to be off them within a couple of months.

Worst part about being Primal: The hardest part has been giving up the sweet stuff. Mainly chocolate, although I do have the high cocoa dark chocolate still.

rlwpaleo is offline Junior Member
    Name: Rebecca

Your location: Victoria, BC

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: 2 weeks in, 99%

Do you consume dairy: not now, but likely will reintroduce and evaluate after 30 days

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Troubleshooting some major fatigue and allergies.

Favorite exercise: right now, yoga and walking. Have been into weights, kickboxing, running in the past. See aforementioned chronic fatigue!

Favorite Primal food: fish, kale, coconut milk, ghee.

Best part about being Primal: zero gastro issues so far!

Worst part about being Primal: I used to drink soy milk in my coffee/tea. Really missing that right now!