Page 434 of 621 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444484534 ... LastLast
Results 4,331 to 4,340 of 6202

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 434

Kathie is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: California
    Age (If you want): 40s
    How Primal are you: Just beginning!
    Do you consume dairy: Not sure yet - tried some cheese in an omelet last weekend. I'm converting after 30+ years of veganism.
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Love peppermint tea!
    Motivator for switching to Primal: I've always been taught that meat is evil. Well, after B-12 shots and weeks of iron infusions following a near collapse, I'm rethinking what I've always believed.
    Favorite exercise: Walking
    Favorite Primal food: Well, veggies right now. I tried some tuna and it was pretty good. We'll see.
    Best part about being Primal: Not having to defend veganism anymore!
    Worst part about being Primal: I am really grossed out by meat (haven't really eaten any since I was little), so that will take some doing - may never be able to dive into a steak, but I am making small steps.

rebacakes is offline Junior Member

Rebecca

The Questions:

Your location: Chicago

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Almost 100%

Do you consume dairy: 1-2 servings of cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Symptoms of diabetes.

Favorite exercise: Bike rides

Favorite Primal food: Chicken Fajita bowl (no sour cream, no refried beans, & no tortilla's)

Best part about being Primal: I no longer have symptoms of borderline diabetes.

Worst part about being Primal: I am always hungry.
    Last edited by rebacakes; 09-25-2012 at 08:30 PM.

Toto305 is offline Junior Member
    Good morning! I'm just going to start by answering the questions to get my feet wet here.

Your location: midwest, rural America....cow town

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: 80-90% with resistance still

Do you consume dairy: no, allergic, but dont care for it anyway.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, 2 mugs coffee. Sometimes iced green tea. Thank you, Starbucks. Unsweetened, of course.

Motivator for switching to Primal: diagnosed w food allergies that took away my main diet, I'm a whole foods advocate, so increasing and upgrading quality made sense. I have Hashimoto's and simply, i feel better when i eat primally.

Favorite exercise: weight lifting hands down!

Favorite Primal food: I love it all....sans organ meats.

Best part about being Primal: Eating fats

Worst part about being Primal: not having great bread w my red wine.

Thax is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Louisville

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: As much as humanly possible, probably 90% of the time.

Do you consume dairy: Only the full fat cheese or heavy cream in moderation.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee with heavy cream and green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Mostly because of my overall health. My total cholestorol levels are good but my HDL is low and my Triglyceride to HDL ratio is above 4.

Favorite exercise: Hiking 3-4x a week for about 1-2 hours and the Push-ups and Planks

Favorite Primal food: Coconut Oil and mostly everything else that goes with being primal

Best part about being Primal: All of it.

Worst part about being Primal: So far I haven't really seen much of a downside although I do not like to cook much so I guess that would be it, but I am learning and it is becoming more enjoyable as I get better.

froggie is offline Member
    Welcome JY

Lucky you in France with abundant quality foods -- butcher, cheeses... but also the temptations: pastries and bread!
    Upon reading your post I realized I never really get cravings either -- when I get hungry I just want REAL food!

Good luck on your journey.

Adopted the Primal lifestyle on: August 9 2012.
    My sporadic journal entries are here.

Results to date: I've lost (gained?) one belt hole!

BenS is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Bristol, UK

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: As much as possible, probably one meal a week/10 days that have processed Carbs in it.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Both a maximum of once or twice a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: To get fitter, stronger, and faster

Favorite exercises: Cross-fit, Burpees (I hate them, but i love them), Krav-Maga

Favorite Primal food: Nice thick slab of grass fed Steak

Best part about being Primal: Generally feeling more alive

Worst part about being Primal: Still early days, so the planning and organising that goes into cooking the meals.

DOODitsglory is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Nashville,TN
    But my home is Massachusetts!

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:About 90% I cannot afford organic most of the time and eat dairy occasionally but i don't eat any processed foods or sweetners including artificial sweetners.

Do you consume dairy:Occasionally but in very small amounts.I'm talking about a sprinkle of cheese dood.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee,Bulletproof coffee is NOM!

Motivator for switching to Primal:Losing weight/PCOS.It just makes sense & makes me feel great.

Favorite exercise:Anything with Kettlebells

Favorite Primal food:hmm..thats a tough one but chicken wings cooked in ANY fashion.

Best part about being Primal:Having energy,not feeling intense pain in my stomach after eating.My husband also eats primal so we do this together.It not just a lifestyle but also a hobby for us

Worst part about being Primal:
    Eating out (I try never to do this life happens though).After finding something i can eat i could of made it better myself!

urallsheep is offline Junior Member
    Here goes...

Your location: Houston, TX

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Currently, very--in the middle of a Whole30. Up until that began, not very consistently primal.

Do you consume dairy: Not currently--and surprised at how little I miss it!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and preventative health measures.

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Eggs--so versatile!

Best part about being Primal: Energy!

Worst part about being Primal: That everyone else I know doesn't seem to 'get it'.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Ontarion Canada

Age (If you want):54

How Primal are you: somewhat? Been following Tim Ferris diet (4hour body) somewhat

Do you consume dairy: Little, off and on.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Been a lot of coffee but drinking more green tea and also yerba mate lately.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Kinda stalling with weight loss and exercise.

Favorite exercise: Swimming I'd have to say. although like to run and do weights

Favorite Primal food: Meat/salad

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet.

Worst part about being Primal: Family

Rindy is offline Junior Member

New (ish) to the Primal lifestyle

My 'unhealthy' relationship with food goes back to my teens which is a very long story on it's own. I've only been Primal for 5 weeks but changed my lifestyle about 6 years ago and cut out pretty much all refined carbs & grains. Over the course of a few years I lost about 45 pounds but then just stopped losing. So I reduced my calories, drastically, and lost another 37 or so pounds, that was up until August last year when I got remarried. All this time I was exercising but I have arthritis in most of my joints so exercise sometimes is very challenging. I heard about the Paleo lifestyle a few months ago but was nervous about trying it due to having tried Atkins before but I am convinced this is the best way to go and I'm determined to live my life this way. Also, once I went beyond the horrible carb flu, I have noticed a decrease in my joint pain, and the hot flushes and night sweats that were making my life a misery have almost disappeared - that alone is a triumph in my opinion!

Your location: London, England

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: 95% and hopefully on my way to 100%

Do you consume dairy: Only butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal teas inlcuding green tea and one coffee every couple of days

Motivator for switching to Primal: Firstly to take care of health issues, secondly to lose weight

Favorite exercise: Swimming & weights

Favorite Primal food: Veal steaks

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling constantly starved!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain it to friends and family - especially the increased fat intake