Page 433 of 621 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443483533 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,330 of 6208

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 433

Addo is offline Junior Member

Hi from Sydney

Shop Now
    Your location: Sydney

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: maybe 25% which doesn't really count but I have been haunting this site and I am ready to up the ante

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Some cheese. Sometimes milk in coffee but mostly black and yoghurt maybe once a fortnight

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup coffee and 1 cup green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overweight, overtired and sick of life happening to me. It's about control.

Favorite exercise: Bikram yoga

Favorite Primal food: Steak or a huge salad with a delish dressing

Best part about being Primal: I feel better, am losing weight and enjoy the knowledge I am getting. It's not just about eating but also understanding what I put in my mouth.

Worst part about being Primal: Will be trying to explain to my mother how I am not going to get a bowel disease through lack of "whole grain roughage".

one-man-tribe is offline Junior Member

back in action

Your location: Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (but only until December!)

Age (If you want): .22, but my knees would tell you different

How Primal are you: Living alone makes it easy to be in the upper 90s to 100%

Do you consume dairy: Butter every now and then

Do you drink coffee or tea: Slurpin the mud now, decaffeinated tea at night

Motivator for switching to Primal: Had great success last spring for a few months, was happier than I can ever remember.. then I had to move back home for a job oppurtunity. Even though I was working outside all day I gained weight, lost motivation. Now that Ive left that behind, I can continue where I left off

Favorite exercise: Mountain climbing, or maybe tree climbing- so I guess climbing trees on top of mountains

Favorite Primal food: Offal

Best part about being Primal: Better mood and happier joints

Worst part about being Primal: I only have about five facial hairs so my caveman beard is really lacking/ embarrassing

Ketonkoerper is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Austria

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Depends on how disciplined I am. Sometimes I let myself go, but most of the time I try to eat good stuff.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Being shocked by the amount of fat I piled on in only a few stressful months and my never ending hunger. I still hate the feeling of not feeling full ever.

Favorite exercise: Hiking and lifting weights

Favorite Primal food: Pork chop and eggs in every variety

Best part about being Primal: Having more energy and actually feeling full after a normal meal

Worst part about being Primal: Having to pass on all those yummy desserts at birthday parties and the nagging questions of others

MissRune is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Metro area of Portland, Oregon (USA)

Age (If you want): will be 25 soon.

How Primal are you: Just started reading the book this week, but giving it my best shot. I'd say 80-90% as that I share my kitchen with partial vegetarians who eat legumes, and I have a deep childhood love of garbanzo beans. Also, can't afford organic meats, so lean conventional is my current option.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I try and go easy on it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. I'm a big fan of coffees and tea, but I am steering away of using any sweetener, even artificial. I'm concerned what the weird chemicals will do to me long term.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fat, sick and tired. I've struggled with weight my whole life, as long as I can remember. Tried and failed at weight-watchers twice now. I have friends who are doing a paleo-style diet, and it's working great for them. A friend of my boyfriends cut all carbs and sugar from his diet and "went from Sponge-bob to Spartacus" as he put it.
    I'm ready to put my poor body back into balance, eat clean, and work towards being healthy and happy!

Favorite exercise: Walking. Sports were always something i hated. I was always so self conscious due to my weight and size, so I'm easing into exercise and trying to find things I enjoy. I want to take a yoga or tai-chi class eventually, to build my flexibility and core strength, and lower my stress levels too!

Favorite Primal food: I've always been a big fruit eater. Anything in season I stock the fridge with.

Best part about being Primal: No carb-crashes! I've been easing off carbs for a few months (since my friend and my bf's friend). So no horrible carb-withdrawl for me. Phew!

Worst part about being Primal: I expect being able to eat out at restaurants, or eat anything at parties will be hard. But my friends tend to be understanding about dietary restrictions (lots of friends with weird allergies, or are lactose intolerant/gluten free etc).

SuziW is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Qld, Australia

Age (If you want): Almost 49

How Primal are you: Fairly - No grains, no pseudo grains, berries and mostly low sugar fruits, no processed foods but actually on the GAPS diet currently to heal my leaky gut

Do you consume dairy: Yes - currently home made Kefir from raw jersey milk and some cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: I haven't consciously, but have practically just through searching for answers to ongoing health issues

Favorite exercise: Running and weight training

Favorite Primal food: Meat

Best part about being Primal: Better health

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to eat some of those foods I used to love

FishBoy87 is offline Junior Member
    Hey All! Time to answer "The Questions!"

Your location: Roseville, California (Northern CA)

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Partially Primal, but working on my 21 Day Challenge!!

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I avoid anything other than whole milk, heavy cream, grass-fed butter, and raw dairy (when I can afford it). I haven't ventured into full fat yogurt yet, but it's on the list!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Frequently.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Looking to become the best I can as naturally and efficiently as possible, while still enjoying myself, what I do, and what I eat (cue MDA plug).

Favorite exercise: I practice American Kenpo Karate, go longboarding, and enjoy hiking. can't wait to got my own kayak!

Favorite Primal food: Grass-fed steak with compound butter, garlic cauliflower "mashed potatoes," and roasted veggies.

Best part about being Primal: How good it feels! I wake up with energy for the day, and I'm not dependent on a sugar reload every hour on the hour!

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out. More specifically, deciphering a menu at a restaurant, bombarding the server with questions they don't know the answers to, and holding up the ordering process for whomever I may be eating out with.

nikignome is offline Junior Member
    The Answers:

Your location: South Wales, UK

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Getting there with some glitches!

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, but mostly tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I need to lose weight, and it makes sense

Favorite exercise: I used to enjoy running, but dont do anything at the mo

Favorite Primal food: Chicken

Best part about being Primal: It's simplicity

Worst part about being Primal: No wine!!

chunkymonkey is offline Junior Member

Me In Your Nut Shell

The Questions:

Your location: British Colunbia, Canada

Age (If you want): 29 in 2 months

How Primal are you: Not at all primal

Do you consume dairy: nope!

Do you drink coffee or tea: decaf until just recently and now I love green tea and herbal fruity teas. Must be the weather getting nippier out.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I don't think I understand what primal is but, if it's what I think it is, I used to eat meat a lot and every time it made me sick and bloated. So around December last year I stopped and I feel great.

Favorite exercise: I love to walk on my treadmill everyday for at least an hour.

Favorite Primal food: Nope, you're not going to suck me back into that one again.... I guess if I had to eat meat then I'd have to say wild salmon, but now a days who knows what's wild and what's from a diseased fish farm anymore. Besides, you hear stories of contaminated farmed fish escaping from those farms and contaminating the wild ones.

Best part about being Primal: There's nothing good about eating diseased, sickly animals that are slaughtered and packaged months in advance before they even hit the shelves at our local meat markets or grocery stores.

Worst part about being Primal: You crave meat and if you don't curb these cravings and stop them at the source which is all mental; you will not be able to stop yourself from gorging out on a steak, a chicken, etc. etc. etc.

JulesZA is offline Junior Member
    Your location: South Africa

Age (If you want): 32 (33 in 2 weeks!)

How Primal are you: Just starting out, but trying really hard

Do you consume dairy: Yes small amounts, Milk in morning coffee and sometimes yoghurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: normally 1 cup a day of coffee, or local Rooibos tea (Redbush anywhere else in the world)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fertility struggles, diagnosed as Insulin Resistant, fed up with feeling gross

Favorite exercise: Walking with my husband along the beachfront promenade, swimming, weight training

Favorite Primal food: Coconut and Steak!

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling hungry, better moods and STEAK!

Worst part about being Primal: I love to bake and cupcakes are not very primal!

tomboy2322 is offline Junior Member

How Primal are you: I'm doing pretty good. I am not eating any grains and have cut out dairy. Still I am eating typical meats cooked in whatever oil the school sees fit.

Dairy: only butter

Coffee or Tea: nope, not yet anyway. But down here in the south sweet tea is my weakness so we will see

Motivator to switching to Primal: I wanted to be healthier overall, to tone up some, and not to put on that dreaded "Freshman Fifteen".

Favorite Exercise: Playing tag with my sisters or chasing my dogs when I get home on vacations

Favorite Primal Food: definitely steak

Worst Part of Primal: As I'm only in my first week, I am in low carb flu. Plus I am still having some fairly intense sugar cravings, especially during late night study sessions.