Page 432 of 620 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442482532 ... LastLast
Results 4,311 to 4,320 of 6200

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 432

mumbles is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    New to the forums. Been looking into PB for about three weeks. Did an impromptu test run for four days and felt great. Went back to my old eating habits for a day and felt like I'd been run over by a big, greasy, disgusting truck. If how good I felt for those four days hadn't already convinced me, how bad I felt after and how quickly it hit me would have sealed the deal.

The Questions:

Your location: midwestern USA

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: just starting out

Do you consume dairy: cheese on pizza or lasagna. a glass of milk once every couple of weeks.

Do you drink coffee or tea: no.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm 5'10, 344lbs and a single dad with custody of my 2 kids. If I don't fix this, I'm either going to die before they're 18 and they'll wind up in a physically and emotionally dangerous environment for the rest of their childhoods, or at the very least I'll make it till they're 18 but I'll be too messed up and to make a good life for us. Even if you take my kids out of the equation, there isn't a single thing I want to do with the rest of my life that I can do while being the way I currently am. It's either fix this, die too early, or be stuck in a body I hate and be unable to do the things I want.

Favorite exercise: 12 years ago (the last time I was in remotely decent shape) it was sparring. I also really used to love swimming (ok, actually it was mainly the diving boards, but whatever), but I haven't done it in years due to being really ashamed of my weight.

Favorite Primal food: So far -- venison. My father, my grandfather, and my uncle are all avid hunters who have been told that they have to stop hunting when the freezer is full. Therefore, I almost always have access to free venison.

Best part about being Primal: How good I felt.

Worst part about being Primal: Vegetables. The only vegetables I naturally gravitate toward are plain iceberg lettuce, celery with sunbutter. Everything else tastes various levels of bad to me. It's going to take a lot of experimenting -- and probably a lot stubborn taste bud conditioning -- to get my vegetable intake up to where it needs to be.

Beyond the above questions, I can already tell that the most challenging parts of PB for me are going to be learning primal recipes, meal planning, and sleep.

It's going to take awhile to build up a cookbook of primal recipes. After a couple years of having to handle everything on my own, I was just starting to expand my cooking skills in SAD foods. The way I typically do it is to try out new recipes twice a month when the kids are gone. That way if I really screw up, I'm the only one that goes hungry.

Meal planning is another SAD hurdle that I'll be carrying with me into primal living. Between grad school, kids' school, my homework, their homework, etc., meal planning seems to take a back seat. Plus given the limited number of recipes I know...

As far as sleep goes: I'm a night owl who, because of children, is forced to operate on a daytime schedule. The kids tend to wake up naturally at about 6:30am, which means that's when I have to be up too. I've been a night person since I was a little kid, so either modern living has messed with me from the beginning or maybe my ancestors were those eccentric cousins that the Grok family tolerated because they guarded the hut while the Grok family slept. Either way, discipline with regRd to sleep is going to be almost as tough as learning to like vegetables.

Hawk is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Northwest Indiana

Age (If you want): 57

How Primal are you: as close to 100 as I can get

Do you consume dairy: grass fed kery gold butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: High blood sugar, high blood pressure. fat around my middle, allergic to everything I ate.

Favorite exercise: Paddle boarding, walking, lifting weights

Favorite Primal food: venison, avocado

Best part about being Primal: No Pain. No meds

Worst part about being Primal: finding some of the food.

I have explored this for some time now. I got serious with it after a picture taken in April. I lowered my carbs and began to take my blood sugar and blood pressure.. That'll keep you on it for sure.
    In the last three weeks, I have lost 18 pounds. It is just falling off. I hope this keeps going.My knees do not hurt and I am hoping to be able to ditch my CPAP soon.

Anna Katherine is offline Senior Member
    Hello! I am new to this journey so I'm still learning!

Your location: Mississippi

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Just started so not hard core, in the process of making better choices and replacing things in the kitchen.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, milk is my big thing.

Do you drink coffee or tea: About 8 oz on a week day/ 16 oz on a weekend

Motivator for switching to Primal: I hate feeling tired all the time!

Favorite exercise: Walking around town for an hour and half with my husband. We get to talk about our day and get exercise in!

Favorite Primal food: Squash, I could eat this for a meal it self!

Best part about being Primal: Not being tired. I started this within this week, and I don't wanna crawl in bed as soon as
    I get home from work

Worst part about being Primal: I love bread. I'm a mac and cheese with a side of bread kinda girl.

Growing up in the south is being in Heaven. But how I've learned to cook and my eating habits is not good.

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    I just did a post on meet and greet, but this seems fun to!

Your location: northern Minnesota

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: 2 months in. pretty close to 100%. only 'cheat' came on my birthday a few weeks ago (cornbread muffin and sundae at famous daves)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, heavy cream in coffee, butter on steak and a rare slice of cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 cup of coffee in the morning. 1 glass of green tea in the afternoon.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Success stories I've read and needing to lose weight

Favorite exercise: Playing softball

Favorite Primal food: Big rare steak with butter

Best part about being Primal: How good I feel all day

Worst part about being Primal: no tolerance to alcohol or family gatherings where there is nothing I can eat except what i brought

Mikele is offline Junior Member
    Your location: central coast NSW Australia

Age (If you want):37

How Primal are you: not as primal as I would now like to be.

Do you consume dairy: I have become lactose intolerance as a result of cutting calories. Can only digest non lactose products.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I do consume approx 3-7 cups of coffee/tea mon to Friday (at work)

Motivator for switching to Primal: listening to mark on a cutthefatpodcast

Favorite exercise: bike riding

Favorite Primal food:green beans (new to being primal havent read the book yet so not sure if this is classed as plant) and broccoli

Best part about being Primal: weightloss. Longevity. Energy and play.

Worst part about being Primal: taken this long to find it.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: around 95%

Do you consume dairy: Mainly no. I love dairy but have found with yogurt I get really congested and post nasal drip, with milk and eggs I get chest pain and breathing issues, so for now I just can't eat it. I hope that changes in a few months after some healing.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and herbal tea. Regular tea gives me a migraine.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Doctor visit, threat of statins or improve.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: The incredible ease of weight loss, reach my goal weight likely this week. The removal of brain fog, more energy. Yummy meat and fat.

Worst part about being Primal: Dining out, Missing some food choices I loved, not so much the grains, which has shocked me, but after also doing the whole 30, am kinda sad that I can't now have eggs and dairy. I also can't have salads and uncooked veg. due to a HUGE flare up in my duodenal ulcer after starting Primal. Nuts are also a bit of an issue.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member

How Primal am I? Probably in the 90% range.

Do I consume dairy? Yes. Mostly in the form of full fat Greek yougurt, and some hard cheese on occasion. I used to hate yougurt... called it a rotten milk product, but for some reason, I seem to haave grown to like it.

Do I drink coffee or tea? Coffee; yes daily, usually 2-3 cups. Coffe is a fact of life when you work nights.

Motivator for switching to Primal? I read Robb Wolf's book, then Mark's and it just made sense to me. Who wouldn't want to be able to eat all the meat you can hold and still lose weight!!!!

Favorite exercise? eating meat! no, seriously, I retired from the USN and said I'm done with the exercise.... needless to say I gained weight and got out of shape. Now, I am gradually working my way back in to the exercise real. I have learned I don't bounce back as fast as I did in my 20's, 30's and 40's.

Favorite primal food: Did I mention I like meat?

Best part of being Primal: Weight loss without feeling hungry all the time.

Worst part about primal: There are some foods I love to eat, that trutfully were slowly killling me but they were yummy to my tummy. I can't go back there. I've lost 30lbs since mid June and have a ways to go...

jvmumof4 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Perth, Western Australia (originally South Africa)

Age (If you want): 40 in November

How Primal are you: Just started reading the book. I would say 80%?

Do you consume dairy: Yes, cream in my morning decaf coffee which I will change to green tea when the current jar of coffee is empty! And full fat greek yoghurt in my morning smoothie. Week mornings are hectic with 4 kids so I stick with the quick and easy smoothie as opposed to a fry up of eggs and veg, but on weekends I'm going to start doing the egg thing.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Guess I answered that above. I ADORE coffee but I'm also determined to stop drinking it, even the decaf stuff. I do believe in the health properties of green tea so in summer I will be switching to iced green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight, get into the best possible shape health and weight wise as I'm turning 40 this year and I have 4 young children (youngest is 2) who are depending on me to be there for them for quite some time to come!

Favorite exercise: I love to run so once I've finished reading the book I'm going to start the sprinting - sounds like fun! Also love leg press machine at the gym.

Favorite Primal food: Salad - I love salads!

Best part about being Primal: I don't know yet as I'm not really 100% Primal but I know I'm eating healthier now than ever before, more salads, protein and vegetables and that has to be a good thing, right?

Worst part about being Primal: I have 4 young kids so making evening meals is a juggling act at the moment. Once I have the basics down and can eat primal without thinking about it I will start changing evening meals for the whole family.

Ravey is offline Junior Member

Glad to be here.

Your location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: trying for 100! Will keep moving that way.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fell into it without knowing what it was. Was super obese (bariatric)

Favorite exercise: strength training

Favorite Primal food: grilled steak and eggs

Best part about being Primal: NOT HUNGRY ANY MORE!!!

Worst part about being Primal: Wow. Nothing comes to mind.

WowieZowie is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Seattle

Age (If you want): 63.5

How Primal are you: 100% as I understand it at the moment, but not sure I've totally got it down.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Some cheese. No milk except in an occasional iced latte (it occurred to me today to ask them to use coconut milk). No ice cream. Eating yogurt now but may give it up later as I'm suspecting it of slowing my weight loss.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 2 cups. May give it up as I get "purer."

Motivator for switching to Primal: Pre-diabetic and overweight. Somehow I stumbled onto Mark's book and the book blew me away immediately...it seemed so right on.

Favorite exercise: Weight Lifting

Favorite Primal food: Blueberries

Best part about being Primal: No longer have the voracious appetite I always had when eating grains. I now have control of what I eat just from a stable blood sugar, whereas before I was out of control.

Worst part about being Primal: Friends aren't Primal, and they look at me like I'm crazy when I say I gave up grains. (However, my best friends are supportive and one is very interested in this plan).