Page 431 of 621 FirstFirst ... 331381421429430431432433441481531 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,310 of 6204

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 431

Tane is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Torrance, CA

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: I'm a pure primal being. Chek trained, organic and natural is my mantra.

Do you consume dairy: Yep, I'm only human.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea (naturally made).

Motivator for switching to Primal: There are way too many things in my food these days I don't even know what they are.

Favorite exercise: Tennis.

Favorite Primal food: Lamb asado.

Best part about being Primal: Teaching my kids about food.

Worst part about being Primal: Probably all the foods missed as well as looking like a dork when going out with friends.

Cheers
    Nutritionist and liver health guru; fattyliverdisease.co | Twitter | Facebook

JYves is offline Junior Member

Primal in France

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: mostly, i really stick to the no grains/no sugar. I haven't adapted my supplies yet so i am not organic on meat and fish. but slowly slowy. I still eat cured meat.

Do you consume dairy: yes, milk, cheese (I am French after all), yogurt, I ll try to use raw products (I already do that with cheese, it is easy here).

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, coffee in the morning, but I start with a hot chocolate (pure cocoa, 3/4 water, 1/4 milk)

Motivator for switching to Primal: putting on weight, slowly but surely. I was 162 pounds for 5 foot 10. i was 147 7 years ago. And the constant fatigue specially after eating

Favorite exercise: moving slowly, i walk a lot and started biking to go to work (but at a slow pace)

Favorite Primal food: steack

Best part about being Primal: no more craving for food at 11 am or 5 pm, that would prompt me to get a sugar fix. No more sluggish after meals, lost weight already, no problems

Worst part about being Primal:cramps at night during the adaptation to be a fat-burner in the first 3 weeks.

Jarrod Schroeder is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Minnesota

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Mostly Primal. Still working on Primal Fitness and the many non-dietary aspects of being Primal.

Do you consume dairy: Butter, cream. Sour cream every once in a while.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, with cream. Tea, as is.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to be lean, fit, and healthy.

Favorite exercise: Just plain walking. It is good to get out and move around in nature.

Favorite Primal food: Fish.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great as a result of Primal lifestyle.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out.

VeganBarb is offline Junior Member
    My Location is half the time in Bloomington, Indiana and the other half in Leadville, Colorado
    I am Primal based on the roots of herbivorous cultures and their dietary habits in conjunction with the most recent research on whole foods, plant based diets and disease.
    I do not consume dairy...for all kinds of reasons related to chronic diseases. Want to watch a good documentary that contains a segment on the dairy industry...watch The Corporation on Netflix. Also, watch Forks over Knives to know more about the effects of dairy on inflammation as well as osteoporosis. Forks Over Knives | Official Website
    Unfortunately I love my java...Fortunately I also drink green teas for health and herbals for stress release and sleep
    My motivation is a bit of a friendly dialogue I am having with my orthopedic doc...he is primal...I am whole foods, plant based...we are kind of nudging each other to explore our sources of info.
    Favorite exercises: back country and mountain hiking; biking; downhill and cross country skiing; weight machines for legs, back, and abs; anything outdoor and sport oriented
    Favorite primal food: nuts and fruit
    Best part of being primal....don't know enough to say yet...I am worried that as a vegan I may not fit in
    Worst part about being primal...learning about the quantity of eggs that my doc eats...yikes.

andy41 is offline Junior Member
    Greetings to all

I am based in sunny Brisbane, Australia.

I am 41 yo and describe myself as mildly Primal....a long way to go.

I do consume dairy...in fact I love it.

Coffee is my main vice.

My motivation for switching is illness. Although I consider myself to be in fairly good shape, I have suffered for two years from all too regular sinus and throat infections, including tonsilitis and glandular fever, and have continued to fall back on antibiotics to get healthy again. I do not go very long before the problem reoccurs and I want to change my diet to get my immune system back on track.

I love to surf, my last surf trip in August was to Sumbawa, Indonesia.

My favourite primal food would be macadamia nuts.

I think for me the best part about being Primal is mixing it up outdoors with my kids.

Not sure I have a worst yet (being brand new to the concept) but I am struggling to work out breakfast.....what do I eat?

I look forward to sharing the journey.

Cheers!!

DaveT is offline Junior Member

Post DaveT

[QUOTE=Anonymous;280]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Stockton, California

Age (If you want): 57

How Primal are you: Getting there.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

I am going in for eye surgery due to cataracts in both eyes. I've read the PB. But I wonder if I should have my astigmatism removed for the lens the doctor wants to put in. I weigh 310lb, that is down from 471, and I am short. I've had problems with food all my life. I have diabetes and must take insulin. I think the diabetes caused the cataracts. Bad eating caused the cataracts.

What I would like to have an opinion on here from the members is should I attempt laser surgery to correct the astigmatism at this stage of my being? There is no damage in the retina.

I need to lose 150 lb to reach my goal weight. Obviously, I am in poor health. I would love to have a premium IOL put in my eyes, but I wonder if my immune system is strong enough to fight off any weakening of the eye due to laser surgery. Anyway, I hope somebody will have an opinion on my situation. Once the weight is off and my blood sugar numbers are normal, that would be the time to have the surgery. But I've waited too long to have the cataracts out. I am blind in the right eye, and only have 20 percent vision in my left.

Deegie is offline Junior Member
    Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: 80-90%?

Do you consume dairy: Yes, milk in tea/coffee, cheese, cottage cheese, milkshakes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, fitness, yukky stuff in processed foods

Favorite exercise: Walking, strength exercises

Favorite Primal food: beetroot, salads, venison

Best part about being Primal: Not eating dirty factory-made food

Worst part about being Primal: missing choccies and alcohol!!

spiderfly is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: mostly? Paleo

Do you consume dairy: a little butter sometimes (if I don't have coconut oil left), yoghurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss initially, some health problems ( immune disorders in the family) and VERY sad acne

Favorite exercise: walking and playing ( literally, on the swings)

Favorite Primal food: eggs, and I love watermelon and mangos

Best part about being Primal: I feel good, have energy

Worst part about being Primal: trying to find a quick feed when out and I havn't planned ahead.

Botte is offline Junior Member

Howdy Y'all

[QUOTE=Anonymous;280]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Melbourne, Australia (originally from Champaign, Illinois)

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: When I'm focused I'm 100%. When I'm not, I'm about 50%

Do you consume dairy: Just Milk in coffee...

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yeah, mainly the instant crap and Oolong tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It's what's made me feel the best physically.

Favorite exercise: Punching my punching bag...

Favorite Primal food: Grass fed steak.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good physically...

Worst part about being Primal: Not always being 100% sure I'm eating primal or organic stuff.

mjcolebank is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Greenville, South Carolina (Student at Clemson University in Clemson, South Carolina)

Age (If you want): 18

How Primal are you: Mostly primal. I don't follow the fitness aspect 100% (working out more) but I eat almost all primal (occasional glass of milk).

Do you consume dairy: once/twice a week (not including greek yogurt. I loveeee greek yogurt.)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both! Usually Green tea or unsweetened ice tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Both Crossfit (found it through videos) and a buddy from drumline, who lives by it and convinced me of the health benefits.

Favorite exercise: Pull up/overhead press. I can't pick

Favorite Primal food: BACON

Best part about being Primal: Being able to say, "hey, I didn't eat anything terrible for my health today! And I look slightly better than the average male."

Worst part about being Primal: Missing out on certain events (people are worried you won't eat/drink)