Page 430 of 630 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440480530 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 6300

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 430

rstone is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: California

Age (If you want): 19

How Primal are you: Just getting started. Learning more and more! So on a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being the MOST prime) i am at about a 4... but I want to get to a 10! Also, I am a pescetarian so trying to make sure paleo is possible

Do you consume dairy: Only home made yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee black and ALL teas. I love tea and it is something I will never live without.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Many health issues my freshman year of college. I dropped down to 92 pounds on a 5'3" frame. Because my weight was so low, I was prescribed to drink a shake 3 times a day, on top of all my other meals. This made me gain back 15-20 pounds. After my weight was up, I still felt horrible. This led me to continue to not exercise and continue to feel super lethargic and weighted down. I am a dancer and gymnast, have been since I was 3, and all of my health issues took my life away from me. My doctor told me about the Paleolithic diet about one month ago. I am now ready to embark on my journey. I am hoping to lose weight in the process. I went from fit, to skinny, to fat and want to regain my health!!!

Favorite exercise: Dancing, elliptical, weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: zucchinis! fish!

Best part about being Primal: TBD

Worst part about being Primal: TBD

MrT
    MrT is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone,

After being a lurker I have now signed up. The web site has proven very useful and has helped me on my way to being Paleo. My girlfriend and I have now started the Paleo adventure.

We are both 39 and I would say now 95% Paleo (one cheat meal a week and 2 wine/boozey evenings). She has been on the diet for aprox 2 weeks and I have been on for 4 weeks now.

Both coffee/tea drinkers, 2 cups a day.

Our motivation for going primal, was down to me as I wanted to feel better and get my BF down to 10%. My GF wants to lose 7lbs and again just ahve a better energy supply through the day.

I run on average 6 hours aweek. My GF does occasional workouts, nothing consistent.

Results so Far for me is I am down to 152 lbs and 13% BF from 157 and 15% in 4 weeks. My GF in 2 weeks has lost 1lbs and BF has gone up from 25% to 27%. I would put my loss down to running (probably too much) and the BF gain and slow loss of my GF to no exercise in 2 weeks.

Key thing we have both experienced is great energy through the day and evening, that alone has been worth the change.

MrT

Lady in red is offline Junior Member
    Hi Gazi, I've just read your post and you could be talking about me! Also in my fifties, have hypothyroidism and cannot shift the belly fat after being slim untill about 5 years ago. Tried quite a few things but nothing worked. I am wondering if menopause and thyroid are working against it? Also wonder if the thyroxine I'm taking is actually doing enough for my thyroid.
    I've not eaten carbs nor anything with sugar for about a week, just meat, eggs, fish and vegetables. (But had wine on the weekend) I feel full, not hungry at all and hope my clothes etc. will get looser. It's not quite the same I think as this diet but not far off.
    I realise that I've not done the introduction on the obligatory intro, but I can't seem to find which button to click to answer the questions, hihi and I'm not a natural blonde either. So a hint from the moderator would be helpfull.
    Last edited by Lady in red; 09-17-2012 at 03:45 AM.

Arc
    Arc is offline Junior Member
    Hello all! I've been reading the website and making changes that have been very positive to me. I am hoping to learn a lot more from this great community!

Your location: Canada
    Age (If you want): 26
    How Primal are you: Somewhat, one the way to full
    Do you consume dairy: Occasional glass of milk
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Only tea
    Motivator for switching to Primal: Better health; the lack of anything else helping (became a vegetarian, made things worse); the results speak for themselves
    Favorite exercise: Swimming
    Favorite Primal food: Wild salmon
    Best part about being Primal: Feeling human again
    Worst part about being Primal: The transition; after that it's golden

I look forward to being here!

margerann is offline Junior Member

Margerann's Meet and greet

Your location:West Linn, OR

Age (If you want):52, soon to be 53

How Primal are you: Fairly primal, for a year and a half, now. Rarely eat grains, has not been an issue for me, whatsoever.

Do you consume dairy: Very small amounts: Half n' half in my two cups of coffee in the morning; 1-2 ounces in food throughout the day, perhaps. I have no noticeable negative body reactions to dairy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both. Two cups of coffee each morning with about 1 teaspoon of H'n'H. Green and caffeine free teas, especially when abstaining from alcohols (red wine), more seriously, like now.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanting to see what are the results after only 21 days (have previously done 30 day challenges with good results)

Favorite exercise: I CrossFit at CrossFit Excellence in Lake Oswego, OR for two years now, and coach two sessions a week (Level 1 CrossFit Coach since February this year).

Favorite Primal food: Bacon (it's SO good alone or an addition to other dishes!)

Best part about being Primal: Feeling Strong and Healthy

Worst part about being Primal:[/QUOTE] Turning away from Ice Creams and Microbrews done SO well here in the Pacific NW (the Portland area, especially)!
    Last edited by margerann; 09-17-2012 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Moderator rules were at top. Worst part didn't fit.

Reveille is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Houston, TX (Yee-haw!)

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Starting today after much research and lurking on Mark's Daily Apple, so I am tossing all grains, sugar, and processed food. I haven't found a good place for reasonably priced grass fed beef yet, so I am sticking with grocery store meat for now.

Do you consume dairy: I will allow myself some cheese and heavy whipping cream twice a week but try to steer clear of it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Cutting out coffee since I don't like it without sugar! Switching to black tea with lemon. Hoping that I won't *need* the caffeine soon!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, infertility, skin issues, and wanting to stick with something for the long haul and not just a quick fix.

Favorite exercise: Stretching right now! Going to add in strength training soon.

Favorite Primal food: So far, the garlic pulled pork that I am having for dinner tonight...it smelled amazing sitting in the crock pot overnight!

Best part about being Primal: I don't know yet! I've done Atkins several times before and I know that I definitely enjoy the extra energy, better skin, and consistent moods that come from not being hypoglycemic or having the sugar cravings!

Worst part about being Primal: Again, not sure since I am a 100% certified newbie, but I know I miss certain "trigger" foods when I've given up sugar in the past...pastries and ice cream and comfort foods made with pasta...but I honestly stopped missing those after a few months, so I will look forward to that again!

emmieloo is offline Junior Member

Hi, I'm Emmie

Your location: Georgia State University in Atlanta, Georgia

Age (If you want): 21 years old

How Primal are you: I was Primal four months last year -- lost 30 pounds! Just starting back up, and I am a month in!

Do you consume dairy: Only a bit of aged cheddar with my eggs. And grass fed butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. But for the enjoyment. I typically drink coffee for the warm experience, and I drink caffeine free tea for the medicinal value.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want lose weight, reach my optimum health, and do what I can to conquer the world!

Favorite exercise: Hiking!!!!

Favorite Primal food: Oh jeez... bacon obviously But honestly, I love pan-fried, wild-caught salmon with sautéed brussel sprouts.

Best part about being Primal: I feel alive, I lose weight, I sleep through the night, I feel like I can do anything!

Worst part about being Primal: No baked goods or girly coffee drinks
    Last edited by emmieloo; 09-17-2012 at 12:36 PM.

andih is offline Junior Member

I'm Andi and going for round 2.

The Questions:

Your location: Jacksonville, FL

Age (If you want):30

How Primal are you: Depends on the day. I've been chasing primal for about 2.5 years. I was really good for about a year and half but have since fallen off the wagon and my 80/20 is closer to 65/35. I lift heavy things twice a week and go for long periods of moderate aerobic activity plus do yoga and kayak--but am not seeing the results like I used to and have begun that terrible spiral down where I'm frustrated and don't do as much as I should and then get more frustrated. I have a very good work/life balance and take my leisure/play time very seriously. (Anyone else see the irony in this?)

Do you consume dairy:I eat some cheese, full fat milk, occasionally Greek yogurt and sour cream. I know I feel better when I don't eat it (I am lactose-tolerant), and don't really crave it, so I just need to stop eating it!

Do you drink coffee or tea:Both. I've recently learned that I enjoy my coffee black. And, now that weather is turning cooler, I'm looking forward to hot tea everyday.

Motivator for switching to Primal:Initially it was strictly to lose weight. Now, its to lose the weight that I've regained (only a portion of what I lost before) but also because I just felt so much better when I was truly living primal. I had endless energy, I was strong, I didn't always feel bloated, and I had a ton more confidence in myself--not just because I looked good, but because I felt so good.

Favorite exercise: I love doing dead-lifts. They suck when I'm having a bad day, but when I lift a new PR, it's the greatest feeling in the world. Especially now, 6 months after having surgery to repair a hamstring avulsion, putting up numbers that get closer every week to my former PR is awesome.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon! Which is so weird because until 6 months ago...I hated it! My first 2 years eating primal, I wouldn't touch it.

Best part about being Primal: From when I was doing really well--How good I felt overall and the fact that people could SEE how good I felt. I had just moved to Florida when I started living a primal lifestyle and when I would go home people always commented "Florida must really agree with you!"

Worst part about being Primal: I worked through all the negatives of being Primal the 1.5 years. During that time I saw significant results (lost 40lbs, got in better shape than ever before, gained confidence, felt better). The hardest part has been trying to climb back on the wagon. I'm on it...just feel like I'm hanging off the tailgate ready to fall at any moment. I started slipping when I started a new relationship with someone who doesn't buy into the lifestyle. We both like good beer and, while I had cut back to drinking it rarely, it was something we bonded over and I began drinking more. We'd go to football games and tailgate with traditional foods, go out to eat a LOT. He's supportive of me eating primal, but he doesn't want to and it got trickier when we moved in together and I had his "food" surrounding me--plus cooking meals for him was hard. In addition to that, I had surgery to repair a hamstring avulsion which means for the last 6 months I've been very limited in what I could physically do. All of these things lead to me cheating more and more and not being as physically active and gaining about half of my weight back. My boyfriend deployed a little over 2 months ago for a 7 month cruise and I thought I'd take that time to get back on track but have found it incredibly difficult because I'm not seeing results like I did when I first started. Before, changes happened so quickly that it kept me motivated. Not so much this time--2 months in and I've gained weight. Granted I've toned up some and I feel a tiny bit better, but still frustrated. So, the hardest part--keeping my motivation up and not having the f-it attitude when I don't see the results I want.

bamems is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Rochester NY

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Just started on 9/2. Completely grain free for 15 days so far. Eating high protein and high healthy fat.

Do you consume dairy: Some, but not a lot (feta on spinach salad, occasional cheddar in an omelet)

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee, hot herbal or green tea in the winter

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being sick and tired. I have fibromyalgia, insomnia, hormone imbalances, etc. Suffered for YEARS with no relief.

Favorite exercise: Swimming and kick boxing

Favorite Primal food: Hmmmm.....salmon, avocados, walnuts,chicken, etc.

Best part about being Primal: Hormones have started to balance out and my hot flashes are almost gone (have had them for nearly 7 years and I'm not that old!)

Worst part about being Primal:
    Nothing "worst" about it yet. Although my daughter's 18th b'day is this week and I know there will be cake there...sigh.

Energy! is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: central Florida

Age (If you want): 53, post-menopause

How Primal are you: Started 5 weeks ago, about 95%. It's easy for me because I work at home.

Do you consume dairy: A little...once I heard yogurt etc. raises insulin, I limit it to a dibby dab, as Mom would say (1 T)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Decaf or herbal tea with stevia

Motivator for switching to Primal: Work-interfering fatigue, weight gain. Thyroid a probable issue also, getting test this week (after testing dessicated porcine supps with great results)

Favorite exercise: Walking, stationary bike, swimming, yard work that requires a machete (but have been too tired to exercise until lately)

Favorite Primal food: coconut cream and/or oil

Best part about being Primal: Being able to work again and body is resculpting already Also, trying wacky new foods and reading other folks' stories.

Worst part about being Primal: Can be a tad complicated to figure out. Have been using Paleotrack in the last few days to figure out macros, very helpful.