Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 429

Gman22 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Ontario, Canada

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: minimal

Do you drink coffee or tea: still enjoy my 2 cups of coffee per day

Motivator for switching to Primal: dropping 30 lbs.

Favorite exercise: cycling

Favorite Primal food: meat's OK so too many to list

Best part about being Primal: bacon

Worst part about being Primal: trying to eat out - primal meals few on most menus

Suedonn is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Pennsylvania

Age (If you want):47

How Primal are you: I think 95-100%

Do you consume dairy:No

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: startedd out for weight loss, now there are so many other good reasons to continue.

Favorite exercise:Kettlebells

Favorite Primal food:steak

Best part about being Primal: I feel great ALL DAY, and my PMS symptoms are gone

Worst part about being Primal:all the shopping that is involved

Edenmb is offline Junior Member

How primal are you? Depends... Gluten free and dairy free... Been on and off grain for many years since we daughter was born with a sensitivity, and when we cut back I learned it is negative effects on me. Now my new son requires me to be both gluten free and dairy free for breast feeding. Want to go fully primal, but not sure how to negotiate that with the rest of my family. Have been n nut based diet previously, but that is difficult with a breast feeding son with many allergies.

Do you consume dairy: not anymore; however, I just fractured my spine, and the powers that be are in part wondering it that has to do with my dairy free diet. I do take a high quality calcium supplement, but who knows.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink one cup of tea a day- I love tea. This will be really hard to give up.

Motivator to switch to primal: my children's issues and my own with grain in particular,

Favorite exercise: walking, yoga, horseback riding.

Favorite primal food: steak

Best part about being primal: energy levels

Worst part about being primal: difficult to do when family is not.

keamaria is offline Junior Member
    Your location: far north Queensland, Australia

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: partly...

Do you consume dairy: Yes definitely (biodynamic organic pasteurised products, and butter. And cream yummmm)

Do you drink coffee or tea: not currently

Motivator for switching to Primal: I gained 6 kgs (approx 15 pounds?) in my first trimester of this pregnancy (number 2 pregnancy) and was already approx 10 kgs over ideal weight to start with. I had read the 4 hr body (which didn't resonate with me at all) but in my search for yummy 'slow carb' recipes, I discovered a girls blog who mentioned she had switched over to the PB. I read the book... It made sense and fitted with my own philosophy of eating (I believe in eating fat, just didn't realise what happened when I ate it with domesticated grasses) showed it to my husband who got on board, which makes things very easy!

Favorite exercise: at the moment my main exercise is walking but I'm thinking of switching to swimming as I'm getting sciatic pain 3rd trimester joy

Favorite Primal food: um meat of course! Lamb cutlets with thevfat on or a good scotch fillet.

Best part about being Primal: I feel amazing and have heaps of energy. My husband feels 10 years younger I also love guilt free butter on all my vege

Worst part about being Primal: finding meals in the menu that fit when eating out. also, I find with being pregnant I need more carbs than a completely primal diet would have, so I eat mandarins, pineapples etc (in season) at least on sugary fruit a day keeps the sugar monster at bay.

CatherineSophie is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Germany, the world's youngest city

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:Since 2months - very

Do you consume dairy:nope

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee every morning, green tea sometimes

Motivator for switching to Primal: None needed, I've been primal basically all my life, just didn't know it

Favorite exercise: Everything stomach-muscles-related. I'd spend hours in the gym just working on my tummy, and there is nothing like the pain afterwards when you try to laugh Love it!

Favorite Primal food: no favourites

Best part about being Primal: Feeling so freakin' good about your body!

Worst part about being Primal: the 10-15min with the menu at a restaurant, everytime, my friends hate me for that

So much for the basics.

I found Mark's blog by a chance just recently and it is amazing how I couldn't agree more about the primal way of life. I remember hating the milk my parents gave me when I was already a little older, probably too old to drink the freakin thing, how I always craved meat, and even just now, that I havent had any meat today, even after a big breakfast, major brunch I still feel Im hungry (gonna go hunting for some fat piece of meat soon. I've also always said that I can feel how my body is telling me what I really want to eat because that is in fact what I need. Like some fruit after a meal, and not sugary desserts. Like a green tea instead of soda. Meat instead of bread and fresh, tasty veggies instead of canned sh..., a fresh orange juice of fruit cocktail at work instead of a candy bar to get some energy.

I don't need a diet (am extremely slim and tall) so every time I tell people I dont eat this and that coz Im doing this diet now, they look at me concerned (I hate that) - "but you need to eat"!.
    I'd rather eat a small piece of really good (though expensive) meat, with a portion of veggies, than a bowl of spaghetti. If you eat well, you dont need much!

I have been really thin all my life, although there were times when I gained a little weight (guess where that came from?. Right now I started to really pay attention to what Im eating. And I can see within minutes, if what I bought was good quality food. You just either feel great after a meal or you feel like you wanna puke. Fast foods make me nauseous. So does sugar and desserts. I learned to watch my body‘s reaction to what I see and usually it tells me within seconds if I REALLY want that or not.

gazi is offline Junior Member
    I am in Cyprus and in my fifties. I am only just learning about Paleo, but heard about it a year or so ago. I have insulin resistance and hypothyroid - I eat what is norally called "healthy" but am consideering switching to Paleo to try and improve insulin resistance and also to lose weight. I have a lot of belly fat which I want to try and shift.I have previously been on conventional "diets" but am unable to lose weight, even with few carbs. Find this very frustrating after being slim for years, and hope this will be the beginning of a new chapter for getting healthy again.
    The Paleo diet seems to make sense from what I have read about it. I have an office job and am sat down for most of six days a week. Will look forward to looking at the forums both for info and for some friendly support.

kbates is offline Junior Member
    Hey Everyone! I'm SUPER excited to be living Primal and to get started in the forums.

Kirk

Your location: Chattanooga, TN

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: 10 weeks - fully in!

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, yes!

Motivator for switching to Primal: 30lbs of fat!

Favorite exercise: sprints

Favorite Primal food: salad with grilled chicken

Best part about being Primal: the weight loss and the lack of fluctuating moods and energy levels

Worst part about being Primal: I wish I had known about this a long time ago. When I think about the
    injuries I caused myself working out...wow.

txgal749 is offline Junior Member
    Hi!

Started primal 7/15/2012 for a few reasons including a vain reason. 1)I was diagnosed with breast cancer 5/11/12 with the best outlook possible. I have had a lumpectomy, radiation treatment, and now on tamoxifen. 2)I was diagnosed with Celiac disease 5/21/12. Who knew? I have only had neurological problems and eczema, never gastrointesitnal. 3) I bought a dress to wear to a wedding that barely fit.

I lost 5 lbs. the first two weeks and yes the dress fit better. Currently I am down 13 lbs. and I feel great. I plan to go to my PCP in November to check my lipid numbers, Vit. D level, Vit. B12 level, and IgA level.

It is great to be here

Hoylebub is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ifrane, Morocco (I'm studying abroad here.)

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: Just starting

Do you consume dairy: Rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Espresso and Moroccan Mint Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Get in shape and become healthier to pursue my fitness related goals. And LGN.

Favorite exercise: Lifting Heavy Things

Favorite Primal food: Steak and Eggs

Best part about being Primal: The way I feel when eating Primal

Worst part about being Primal: Garlic Cheese Bread and Pizza

wannabe better is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Lake Macquarie, NSW Australia

Age (If you want): 60

How Primal are you: Maybe 75%, for only one month. No legumes, no grains at all, limited fruit, no added sugar, no addded salt, lots of herbs and greens, carrots, berries

Do you consume dairy: only yoghurt- pot set, unsweetened. Very small amount of milk in tea from time to time

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: my 34 year old son's obvious improved health and fitness. He too had a lifetime of gut problems- always felt a bit guilty about my genes which I had so freely shared with him. His excursion into primal was my starting point.

Favorite exercise: oh dear... I am a bit lazy. Been so tested the last couple of week as I have struggled with a nasty dose of influenza and nice little side kick sinus infection. All clearing up nicely but it has left me a little bit depleted. Good excuse for those who are not into regular sport. But I do love walking for maybe a couple of hours,slow swimming for about 30 minutes, and I enjoy kayaking on the lake. But nothing for too long other than walking, or for too hard- the costs have been way too high for me [exhaustion, sore joints etc} hoping primal makes the difference.

Favorite Primal food: tuna, macadamias, cos lettuce. I know I have eaten too many nuts- feel a bit nutty

Best part about being Primal: not sure yet but I am hoping for improved energy and strength and hopefullky a bit of weight loss

Worst part about being Primal: also not sure yet... seems pretty good. Might be a downside socially, but in that we live slightly hermit like lives, it proably will not be tested too often.