Page 427 of 629 FirstFirst ... 327377417425426427428429437477527 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,270 of 6289

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 427

Megathygirl is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Windsor, CO

Age (If you want): 69

How Primal are you: One month+ and dedicated!

Do you consume dairy: only full-cream greek style, some cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Sugar and carbs have always been my enemy; I am not only 25 lbs. overweight, but have arthritis in my hands and feet, have always had trouble with constipation and get migraines from too much sugar. I've already seen a difference in my overall health since switching.

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: eggs and bacon

Best part about being Primal: my energy level is going up.

Worst part about being Primal: going through the detox period and getting rid of years crud caused by carbs.

Caz1969 is offline Member
    Your Location: Melbourne Australia

How primal are you? Currently half way through day 2

Do you consume Dairy? I had some butter yesterday. Usually I eat a lot of dairy, but suspect its something I shouldn't be eating due to sinus problems, so it's something I want to experiment with.

Do you drink tea or coffee? No, I have never liked either.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been suffering from a severe lack of energy and motivation for a while now so increased health, weight loss, and the possibility of reducing my epilepsy medications if all goes well.

Favourite exercise: Remembering I'm only on day 2, I can only say I like stretching exercises as I used to be a dancer, so stretching my muscles still feels good.

Favourite primal food: not sure yet

Best part of being Primal: hopefully more energy

Worst part of being primal: I'm expecting a really bad detox period and also as a chocolate addict I am still not convinced I can cope without it.

LazyKitty is offline Junior Member
    Intro for LazyKitty & LazyDog

Your location: King City, CA moving to Hemet, CA (7 hours South) December 1.

Age (If you want): LK: 64 LD: 65

How Primal are you: We began eating Primal in May, NO exercise just food changes. It works even if you jump off, which we did every time we traveled (about 10 days a month).

Do you consume dairy: Heavy cream with 1 cup of coffee, ususally every other day or so. I am trying to quit, so I limit my intake to just 1 cup and enjoy the heck out it! LD will probably never quit.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes and lots of water.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer 8 months after we retired. He did external radiation therapy; 6 months later his PSA went down to 2.9 (began at 6.0); 6 months passed PSA=3.2, an increase. Docs concerned but not worried, well I was worried! Began searching the internet, found Gary Taubes book, and then Paleo info then Primal Blueprint. OK, we can and will do this. August 1, his PSA=1.5!! Hooray.

I said if his PSA went down, we would begin the exercise portion of PB.

Favorite exercise: Wall squats; although my knees complain a lot, I am ignoring them. LD likes the pushups (big showoff).

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, without a doubt and no guilt! Woohoo.

Best part about being Primal: Knowing that we are giving our bodies the fuel to fight any and all invaders, who attempt to shorten out life spans.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss bread, he misses cookies.

Thank you for being the light at the end of the tunnel. We really appreciate it.

Favorite saying:

If you always DO what you always DID,
    You will always GET what you always GOT. Be flexible, CHANGE is GOOD.

taina747 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Chicago

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: About 80% I'd say. I eat mostly organic veggies and fruit, I eat a lot of fish, and mostly try to eat grass-fed meat, but that isn't always the case. I'm in my third week now, so still adjusting.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I have cheese maybe once a week with a meal, and use half and half occasionally.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I tried tea out, and apparently I'm not very fond of it. I drink coffee occasionally, maybe once or twice a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: There are about 6 other people in my office who are Primal. I kept hearing them talking about it and asked one of them a few questions. Next thing I knew a couple of them had an intervention with me, and I was sold on the idea. My husband and I are doing pretty well with it. He's lost about 6 lbs, I've lost about 3.

Favorite exercise: I like Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. Love that it's a short workout, but it's no where near easy.

Favorite Primal food: This is a hard one. I love to eat steak and eggs, but I also loooove strawberries.

Best part about being Primal: I feel great. Not schlumpy, bloated, and all around feeling crappy like I used to.

Worst part about being Primal: Hmm, watching my coworkers eat pie and cake, and pizza from Giordanos. I still have to use lots of willpower.

capemedic is offline Junior Member
    Just read the book and am ready to start the 21 day challenge. Today is day 1 of a new life.

Your location: Cape Cod Mass.

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Day one today....a work in progress

Do you consume dairy: Yup...but had my coffee black today

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee....probably to much

Motivator for switching to Primal: Read the Primal Blueprint and it made sense to me....we are animals and the processed food is going to kill us off I think

Favorite exercise: treadmill

Favorite Primal food: steak or chicken

Best part about being Primal: hopefully a heathier lifestlye

Worst part about being Primal: get back to ya

rondakaye is offline Junior Member
    Hi! REALLY enjoying this site and benefitting from the information. I know he drill - here's my story in a nutshell:

How Primal are you: 70-80%, depending on whether the Dbacks are in a home stand

Do you consume dairy: Yes - heavy cream in my coffee and occasional cheese in what Mark calls a "big ass salad". Not much more beyond that.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. One HUGE cup every day (probably 20oz)

Motivator for switching to Primal: wanted to find a way to eat that would not only be healthy AND easy to follow, but I need to believe that it will get me out of the rut of metabolic syndrome and heart disease my family experiences.

Favorite exercise: Running, but I ruined my feet and knees with competitive running in HS and college, so I'm constantly getting injured when I try to get going again. I'm really enjoying CrossFit, though, and hope to correct whatever mechanical imbalances I have so I can eventually SPRINT!

Favorite Primal food: ribeye, steak, or just about anything that used to moo.

Best part about being Primal: it just feels right in every possible way.

Worst part about being Primal: my family is not on board -yet.

doublehelix is offline Member
    Your location: Phoenix

Age (If you want): 58

How Primal are you: Pretty darn primal.

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes... Or no sugar almond milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1 weak cup per day now. Caffeine stimulates insulin.

Motivator for switching to Primal: The tsunami of obesity, and I gained weight this year...

Favorite exercise: Walking, running, swimming, hiking, worrying.

Favorite Primal food: Eggplant, okra, onions, kale, garlic, fish, meat, nuts, eggs.

Best part about being Primal: More energy, clearer mind. The only way to lose weight.

Worst part about being Primal: Can't grab fast food. You have to get the chicken at Costco...

Good noc, folks.

tunia is offline Junior Member
    Hi Everyone

I am Marta, I am from Poland and I sure am primal right now.
    I am a mom of a yo, i train heavy and mean and i am a runner too.
    I've been struggling with my weight and my health since i remember, right now i am on my way to happy bouncy healthy and fit. But it took me a long time. Various diets, crash diets (like dukan which was the worst), than i started some weightlifting and found out that it is better. than i started paying more attention on WHAT i eat.
    and here i am

I currently weigh about 70 kg (164cm tall) i already lost about 10 since eating clean with proper amount of fats and proteins, my carbs are around 50 - 150 (150 on training days)

Your location: Warsaw Poland (so I will be writin at wicked hours for most of you )

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: right now - 100% (with a little dairy though) i used to eat clean (whole grain that is ) than I decided to ditch grains. and I am blooming right now.

Do you consume dairy: yup, but home made cottage cheese and sour milk from a happy cow i buy kefir (is rthat the English word for it?)

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, though i reduced coffees to max 1

Motivator for switching to Primal: my brother. He switched primal a year ago (he is a sporty type, he's always been but he ate macdonalds and other junk food, he switched primal and puff all his problems are gone and he is truly a beast now)

Favorite exercise: jerk&clean. plus I am a runner, I plan to run a marathon next year

Favorite Primal food: beef jerky.

Best part about being Primal: my skin! and the way i feel right now

Worst part about being Primal: my work collegues. geez.

Feverdiva is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:

England

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

Just starting so just learning, think I'm doing ok so far...

Do you consume dairy: cheese, oh cheese :-) butter, yogurt, cream, sour cream & a little bit of milk (very little now I don't eat cereal)

Do you drink coffee or tea:

tea, usually peppermint

Motivator for switching to Primal:

need to lose weight!

Favorite exercise:

I enjoy pad work in the gym & walking my dog

Favorite Primal food:

meat

Best part about being Primal:
    you can eat lots of good stuff

Worst part about being Primal:

planning!

hunneme is offline Junior Member
    Hi Primal People, I have been lurking for the past week and I am looking forward to the accountability on the boards. I am only primal for 8 days, my man and son are not. Still have pasta lurking about in the pantry. I am making dinner a primal event to get them used to this lifestyle. I don't want my son to grow up to be a part of the epidemic of obesity, and I need for his Dad to be healthy and in our lives for a very long time. My weight loss goal is modest from my current 160 lbs to 140.

The Questions:

Your location: Atlanta, GA

Age (If you want): 48 in 10 more days!

How Primal are you:90%

Do you consume dairy: Half and half in my coffee, cook with butter, and I enjoy cheese on my BAS

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love both, coffee in the morning and peppermint tea in the afternoon

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am going back to work next week after taking 3 months off (= 10 pounds). I need the extra energy!

Favorite exercise: Walking/hiking while my 3 yo son rides his bike.

Favorite Primal food: Meat!!

Best part about being Primal: The energy, I have been back on for 8 days and can already feel the surge.

Worst part about being Primal: Last night, I was craving a beer and/or a chocolate chip cookie! I settled for sharing a banana with my son. Giving in last night would have derailed 8 days of hard work.