Page 426 of 638 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 6378

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 426

Omlette is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I'm glad to have found this site.

The Questions:

Your location: Jackson, MS

Age (If you want):28 mentally, but chronologically 44

How Primal are you: Just getting started, so not much. I have low carbed in the past, so some things are not in my diet, but I have a good bit of transition to make to total Primal. Today is day 1.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I do eat cheese and drink milk, but not anything like I used to. I'm sure I will continue a little.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm tired all the time. I'm heavier than I have ever been (need to lose about 120'ish lbs). I have 2 small children, and I just want to be HEALTHY.

Favorite exercise: Yoga

Favorite Primal food: Steak with fat

Best part about being Primal: I'm just getting started, so I don't know yet. I'm hoping that it will be feeling great!

Worst part about being Primal: I hope nothing. If I have to guess, I will say that it will be the lack of convenience of carrying food while driving and being on the run.

socoolnanny is offline Member

Age 54

How primal - just starting, fine for a few days then massively off track:{

Dairy - minimal

Tea or coffee - about 5 teas & 2 coffees daily, rest peppermint/nettle/thistle teas

Motivator - painful arthritis, fibromyalgia, asthma, overweight with healthy nephews encouraging this way

Exercise - swimming, walking, gym, playing with grandson, all in moderation

Favourite food - rib eye steak, scrambled egg

best part - feeling light in body and spirit, better sleep patterns, less inflammation

Worst part - carb cravings ( which I succumb to every two weeks, like an addict)

One of the Sarahs is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Southwest Virginia--and if there is anyone else around here, please contact me. I'm feeling very alone in the land of biscuits and starchy mayonnaise salads....

How Primal are you: Depends on the day, but I generally hit 80% or better

Do you consume dairy: A dollop of real cream in my coffee, the occasional bit of quality cheese, even less occasional ice cream (especially now that I have some decent coconut milk ice cream recipes)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Started running a couple years ago and enjoy it, but didn't feel as strong/healthy/lean as I thought I should for all that work. My running 'coach' (an ex-runner friend) mentioned Primal/Paleo, so I researched it and wound up here.

Favorite exercise: Trail running/hiking

Favorite Primal food: Beef tongue (and I did NOT see that coming--I was vegetarian until 5 years ago--but there is nothing more melt-in-your-mouth than grassfed beef tongue from the crockpot) and roasted chicken and spinach in any form

Best part about being Primal: getting stronger and leaner, licking the bowl/plate clean after eating since I don't use bread to clean it anymore

Worst part about being Primal: ice cream withdrawal, absolutely no question. I used to bake my own bread and still don't miss that the way I miss eating ice cream. I had no idea that I was addicted until I tried to stop. Is there a forum support group for the food addicts?

cyro_349 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sydney, Australia

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: 80% (or better - no idea how to calculate lol)

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been messing with my diet for a while, and over the past month had been moving closer and closer to Primal (without realising). I came across this site while doing some research and decided I liked what I read.

Favorite exercise: Couldn't say, I'm trying a bunch of new things so hopefully I'll have an answer soon enough.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: The feeling, well-being I guess.

Worst part about being Primal: Probably the cost of food, can't think of anything else at the moment.

Ijon is offline Junior Member

Hello from a very fat caveman. :)

Howdy folks. I have to admit to being rather shy about this, but I've been encouraged by other posts of I've read to be a bit more open. I guess I suffer from the Groucho Marx syndrome (of not wanting to be a part of any club that would have me as a member).

I'm 47, live in Southern California and am just getting started with Primal. Like many here, I'm coming from a position of great weakness. I've focused on my work for so long that my body divorced me some time ago and now I am carrying about 110 pounds more than I should (even more but I'd accept that miracle of getting those 110 gone and be grateful). My job is sedentary and has long hours. Long commute to work, too, so more sitting.

I do consume dairy though my weakness is carbs. In terms of how primal I am I've actually done a great job of cutting out carbs in the last two weeks and have already seen favorable results (down several pounds!).

I don't drink coffee. I do drink tea but diet coke has been my drink of choice for a very long time. Have cut usage in half and will cut it in half again next week and then try and go cold turkey after that.

My motivation? I want to live! And I want to live well. I want to be able to play with my twelve year old son and go on hikes with my skinny wife without having to worry that the gout will lay me out the next day. I literally have all the factors.
    Metabolic syndrome: Check. Diabetes? No, but it's lurking. High blood pressure? Yes. Obese? As stated, I'm 110 above where I want to be.

Favorite exercise is machine rowing. That might sound tedious but I enjoy watching a movie or TV show and I don't get much viewing time otherwise. I'm starting to vary that with swimming and walking and, again, I'm noticing a difference.

Favorite primal food? I've always loved meat and eggs. Steak and eggs? I'm in.

Best part about being Primal? I don't know yet. I like the mindset. I like the community that I've been reading here. It makes sense and even if later we find out that it was all scientific hogwash, the very act of approaching your life in a MINDFUL way will no doubt have benefits. Go off autopilot and give your body the attention it deserves. Nobody else is going to.

Worst part about being Primal? Unknown. But at this end of the telescope what I see is possibility. Nothing is constrained yet. I do feel the gout in my knee and wonder if I'll ever be able to do squats. I know my upper body strength can't handle a pull up but will that be the case if I drop 70 pounds? It's there for the trying. So I guess the worst part is all the work that lies ahead. On the other hand, that's also part of the best part. The biggest challenge for me? Enough sleep. I work long hours and then want to experience time with family and that often means 4-6 hours is the average and in some periods less. This will be the hardest of the things to change for me.

Speaking honestly, I will lurk more than I contribute, but I make a commitment here to try and engage every so often and will certainly crow about milestones and mourn setbacks. My immediate goal is to get my diet more in order and have more fun with my exercises.

auldhickory is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Houston, Texas

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you:
    I am pretty much 80%. I began reducing grains a couple of years ago, before encountering Primal Blueprint. My model food plan is veggie omelet for breakfast and fish and vegetables otherwise and snacking on nut butter and apples or berries.

Exercise is difficult because I am dealing with "chronic fatigue" and burnout. I'm stuck on moving at slow pace, but incorporating PEM.

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes, though primarily yoghurt/kefir, cottage cheese and cheese. I try to get it from 'organic' sources; it's apparently very difficult to obtain raw milk in Texas.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Yes. Coffee, though not on an empty stomach (usually a cafe americano after lunch). I'm currently rotating though herbal teas to help the fatigue and GI issues.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Trying to resolve fatigue health maintenance. I was most of the way to eating Primal after reading Schwartzbein Principle a couple of years ago. Originally, Primal was a tweak, but the articles about stress, &al answered a lot of questions. BTW, Dad successfully controlled type-2 diabetes eating mainly fish and vegetables and walking.

Favorite exercise:
    Running (traditionally), swimming (because of infernal Texas summers). I caught the Crossfit bug when I had more energy.

Favorite Primal food:
    Pacific Salmon

Best part about being Primal:
    In the brief period of 80% Primal, there is a gradual improvement. Enjoying the benefits of discarding "Conventional Wisdom".

Worst part about being Primal:
    I do like pizza!

Jareddame is offline Member

Introduction of Jared

Your location: Northern Colorado

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you:100% (I am gluten and soy allergic and don't care much for gluten free desserts or anything high in sugar so very easy for me to maintain primal eating.)

Do you consume dairy:GrassFed Butter

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee causes me to react the same way in which wheat does so just black and green tea for me.

Motivator for switching to Primal:I was Vegan, overweight, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and a heart attack just waiting to happen. My ND laid out a diet that was pretty much taken directly out of the Blueprint and also told me to read the books Primal Blueprint and the Paleo Diet and follow those recommendations. After three months primal I was normal blood pressure and had dropped thirty pounds and started playing rugby and basketball again. Six months later when I had my cholesterol done it was in excellent shape so I owe my health to switching to a Primal/Paleo lifestyle.

Favorite exercise:Viking warrior conditioning 15:15 with prescribed weight and 36:36 with 24kg bell instead of the 16kg as its a little too light for someone my size. I like lifting heavy things and pushing myself to limits ... I pretty much hate running unless its for sport or I'm being chased but also like to swim once or twice a week and row about three times a week in addition to my KB's.

Favorite Primal food:Bacon

Best part about being Primal:Bacon! Just kidding ... but only kind of ... Best part is that my wife loved me so much she didn't blink when she said she would do the lifestyle alongside me. At the time of this writing my oldest daughter (13yrs) is also willing chosen to follow this lifestyle and seen amazing results in her junior high sports. My youngest daughter runs about 90% primal but still chooses to indulge while over at friends houses but I am confident she will continue with the lifestyle going forward.

Worst part about being Primal:Lack of restaurants that I can go and eat at ... much easier these days to cook for myself (or my wives cooking as she when Primal along with me.)

PaleoPam is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Washington State

Age (If you want): 49 YO female

How Primal are you: Well, brand new to it (about a month) ... but I went all the way, cold turkey, on eliminating grains and processed sugars, as well as greatly reducing fruit.

Do you consume dairy: fermented dairy foods, butter, cream, (no milk)

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea, usually green varieties

Motivator for switching to Primal: Diabetes Warrior My dad is near the end of the line with T2 diabetes, and I'm NOT going down that way!

Favorite exercise: Umm, still have to incorporate that part. I have 3 big dogs, though, and I do a lot of walking. Want to add bodyweight lifting and sprints, according to the Primal plan, for starters

Favorite Primal food: Can't choose one!

Best part about being Primal: Love, love, love the foods. It feels so luxurious to eat this stuff!

Worst part about being Primal: None. The rewards were so many, so noticeable, and so immediate. There hasn't been a single thing that I've missed. My life only feels enriched beyond my expectations.

RickRoss is offline Junior Member
    Your location: U.S. - North Carolina

Age (If you want):43

How Primal are you: 85%

Do you consume dairy: heavy cream in sauces and coffee in addition to limited cheese in sauces. Lots of butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Doc said " You have metabolic syndrome. You need to cut starches and sugar from your diet." Hmmm that sounds like a low carb diet to me. My friend Google led me to the KrisKris web site which led to the diet doctor web site and both talked about this Mark Sisson guy. Google led me to some critical reviews and I passed on reading his site. FastForward two months and Mark is on a video on the dietdoctor site. Bought PB the next day!

Favorite exercise:MMA - dislocated rib from sparing with college kids - sorry love the sport will continue to violate law #9 don't do stupid things!

Favorite Primal food: Meat ... no wait! Meat!

Best part about being Primalid I mention meat?

Worst part about being Primal:uh um ... Hang on I'm thinking ...uhhh. Yeah, I got nothing for this one.

andi c is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location:Florida
    Age (If you want):43

How Primal are you: I suppose 90%? Still learning. I think Im doing pretty good so far. Maybe this is 87%

Do you consume dairy: a teaspoon of cream in coffee, one slice of cheese now and then with eggs.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was the reluctant spouse, trying and trying again to lose a few pounds... watched my husband lose 35 pounds this way and (ok honestly he was a bit sanctimonious about it for a while and it really turned me OFF. Support should be mutual. I didnt feel it was, on his end.) He has a sleep disorder- I noticed he was really trying to work on that, and it convinced me that if HE can work at fixing things, I can too. I want(ed) to lose about 15-20 pounds and stop being the typical "fat" zumba instructor that you hear about. Zumba is famous for attracting "anyone" who can "teach" but... who really wants to take a class from a fat instructor? i felt like a faliure and hypocrite.
    Favorite exercise: been a Zumba instructor for almost 5 years.

Favorite Primal food:Bacon!

Best part about being Primal:Bacon and eggs for breakfast. Who knew? and, the positive health changes that I totally did not expect. my VISION improved! (huh?) My adrenal glands seem to have awoken from their fatigue and lo and behold, i have energy! And I sleep darn good! (still working on spouse)

Worst part about being Primal: Knowing what I have learned, and put to good use, and seeing people around me eat terribly in the name of what they think is healthy. Or, having people ask me what I am doing to lose weight, I tell them and suddenly THEY are fat experts who remind me about the evil CHOLESTEROL I am eating. (sure, its the meat I am eating that's ruining our health, not the cake you just shoveled in.)