Page 425 of 600 FirstFirst ... 325375415423424425426427435475525 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 6000

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 425

derrinb1970 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    The Questions:

Your location: Baton Rouge, LA

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: About to be very primal. with exceptions.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Whole Milk, Cottage Cheese, Cheese and Real Butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Black Coffee and a variety of teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Poor health, bad blood profiles.

Favorite exercise: sports

Favorite Primal food: any grilled meat.

Best part about being Primal: hoping for health

Worst part about being Primal: dont know yet. probably the carb flu.

I bought Marks book the 21 day transformation about a month ago. I have read it in entirety. It makes sense to me. I wanted to wait for my doctors appointment to get my lab results before I started just to have a comparison value on my labs. Well I got my lab results friday from my conventional diets and nutrition lifestyle. Just as Mark indicates. I am healthy from a total cholesterol level but the break down of those numbers has me at a medical risk for an early death.

total cholesterol: 188
    tryclicerides: 163
    HDL: 38
    LDL: 118
    Testosterone: 241
    TSH: 2.8

as you can see CW has me in a very poor state of health. Doc wants me on thyroid medicine (to correct my cholesterol) and testoserone.

bleecote is offline Junior Member
    Hello, I am a French Canadian but I have been in the UK for 6 1/2 years, I am 51 yrs-old, met my much younger husband when I came here and we are both extremely happy (and in love )
    Motivator:
    My husband and I returned from the US and Canada in August, we began the Primal Diet 4 weeks ago, we are 80% full primals still struggling at certain times.
    Dairy:
    I have not consumed dairy for 3 years, my husband can eat cheese only but very rarely does. I stopped eating dairy after seeing an alternative therapist, she did a number of food intolerant tests and assessed my symptoms and recommended I quit all dairy products which I did and have not regretted. If I do have a little once in a while, I suffer with serious cramps and other bad symptoms.

Coffee:
    I drink coffee and lots of herbal teas (green, thistle, ginseng...).

Motivation:
    Biggest motivator for switching was discussing the approach with another couple whilst on a boat on the ocean in Canada. My husband was suffering with ulcer-like symptoms and feeling overweight and lethargic. I wanted to improve my eating patterns, I've always had very good habits but have certain weaknesses around carbs which I knew were contributing to my mild IBS and bloating problems. The couple we spoke with had success with the diet, the male had had serious health problems and had noticed a positive difference.

Favorite exercise:
    I do pilates 1-2 times per week, I go to the gym and do 45 minutes of cross-trainer 3-4 times per week and I do some body-building 2 times per week.

Favorite Primal Food:
    Steak, steak and steak. Any meat is good with me. I also love seafood and fresh white fish (crab, haddock, monk..). I adore all vegetables except mushrooms.

Best part about being Primal:
    Increased energy, not being bloated, knowing I am in control of my body and making good choices about food. I have found that it has changed my taste buds slightly, when I eat (cheating) some of the bad foods, they often taste awful putting me off. I am unsure if this is due to the primal changes I have made but using coconut oil, flour, sugar and other good basic foods has made me more in tune with other tastes. I like the combination of proteins and vegetables. I also love shopping for organic, free range and other foods that are sourced from good sources.

Worst part:
    I love POTATOES and not having them as often as I want is making it difficult so I give myself "treats" a few times a week with some, otherwise I would lose my discipline. Sweet potatoes are fine but they don't replace my need for spuds. I have not eaten rice, pasta or any grains in 4 weeks so I am proud of just having the odd potatoes.

I find it extremely difficult when eating out, not in restaurants but with family and friends. Yesterday we attended a party with a buffet full of "bad foods" and although I could have stuck to my primal foods only (very few choices), I wandered off and chose lots of prepared and processed foods. I felt sick all night and suffered but it was difficult not to be drawn to the "naughty" choices. I regret it today but I realise how the biggest challenges are family outings, cinema (I love love popcorn) and restaurants. I also love nuts but they don't like me given the number of calories. I have not lost much weight and I would love to lose 10 pounds (I am 5'3" and 140 pounds, I need to go down to 130). I have already lost 13 pounds in the 10 months by eating better and going to the gym. I'm hoping that the primal approach is going to help but when I am bored and want to nibble on food, I go for nuts and they don't help.

bjb52 is offline Junior Member

Smile I want to be as fit as I can in my 60's and beyond.

I am a 60 year old female, learning how to be primal
    I am trying to figure out how to use dairy in moderation
    I drink some coffee and tea.
    My motivation is that I have a lot of weight to lose (100 + #). I have fibromyalgia, and I am often tired and frequently in a lot of pain.
    I love to be active. I have two young dogs that need to take walks. I am learning to kayak this summer.
    I love good food of all kinds.
    The best thing about being primal is doing it with me son and his girlfriend and now my daughter.
    The worst part about being primal is figuring out to to eat at conferences and business meetings where food is brought in.

wwhite is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Salt Lake City, UT

Age (If you want): 55, female

How Primal are you: very, started in fall of 2010. Pretty strict diet, exercise upward of 5 hours a week, various activities, aim for 8 hrs of sleep, morning meditation, try to make everything play.

Do you consume dairy: rarely. I like half and half in coffee when I drink it, occasional frozen yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: herbal licorice, occasional (once a month or less) coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight maintenance. I had lost 25 lbs by counting calories and working out. Started eating the SAD again and the weight came back. I asked my trainer how do I eat? she referred me to Robb Wolf's book. After the first week, the digestive improvement was so profound, I've been paleo ever since.

Favorite exercise: Pilates, strength training

Favorite Primal food: cashews

Best part about being Primal: increasing education, I'm finding out about stuff I should have learned in grade school, like growing my own food.

Worst part about being Primal: Going to restaraunts and asking questions about food prep.

Nick Lemon is offline Junior Member
    Your location: I live in South Eastern Idaho

Age (If you want): 15 years old

How Primal are you: Extremely primal (except for organic vegetables and fruits which are a bit hard to come by here)

Do you consume dairy: No I am lactose intolerant

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I went and saw an acupuncturist and they said that my allergies could be internal and the acupuncturist was primal also so from then on out I have been primal and I feel fantastic.

Favorite exercise: Spin bike

Favorite Primal food: Homemade chocolate almond butter cups

Best part about being Primal: Just the way I feel, and I love to be able to eat so simply.

Worst part about being Primal: Probably sugar cravings like candy and stuff, and the fact that it is a bit weird to pack a primal lunch to High School while everyone else is eating junk food.
    Nick Lemon

Nick Lemon is offline Junior Member
    I hate the restaurants, some people don't even know what lactose intolerant is or what gluten is its a bit ridiculous.
    Nick Lemon

CocoaNut is offline Member
    I posted a thread, but I guess I'll post the info for which you're asking here:

Your location: Not really comfortable sharing my exact location, but we'll just say I'm in the Western US.

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Maybe 10-15% right now. I'll be increasing that in a couple of weeks.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, and I plan to continue. I'll probably be consuming more dairy than I really should, but I'll try to cut back on that as time goes on and I can replace it with stuff that's healthier.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Maybe in the next stage, I'll drink tea. But for now, I won't be drinking any... or if I do, it won't be much.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I did the research. It's really that simple. And my mom's being diagnosed with diabetes certainly made the move a lot easier to make (she and I will both be following the new diet).

Favorite exercise: Swimming used to be it, but my germophobia kicked in and I can't really comfortably use pools anymore. These days, I guess it would be walking or resistance bands.

Favorite Primal food: Greensgreensgreensgreens. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of regular ol' meat. I know people here love a big, juicy cut of steak, but I'd honestly rather have a salad. They're just... so good.

Best part about being Primal: Well, even making the first initial steps towards being primal, I've been sleeping better and some of the sleep problems (not the least of which were midnight cramps) have gone away.

Worst part about being Primal: The expense. It's why I won't be fully primal for a while. I just can't afford it. It will get easier in time. I plan on re-starting my indoor garden, which previously fell victim to damping off, in a few months, along with finding ways to make money in other ways. For now, however, it's just too expensive to be fully primal.
    See my progress at Cocoa's Corner.

Or check out my journal thread here.

If I accidently make you a brony or convert you to Taoism, well... you shouldn't have talked to me if you didn't want that to happen.

TinySerenity is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Currently Alabama should be Canada sometime next year

Age (If you want): Just turned 28

How Primal are you: Mostly

Do you consume dairy: Just on our Against the Grain frozen pizza which is our Friday night treat and the occasional full fat plain greek yogurt with blueberries

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, currently red raspberry leaf

Motivator for switching to Primal: My husband found MDA when searching for ways to help my headaches, while there has been an improvement, they aren't gone; however, it's helped us in other areas so we are sticking with it!

Favorite exercise: What's exercise? Bought myself a 20lb kettlebell for my birthday and then a couple days later MDA starts the 21-day primal challenge so my goal is to do weekly sprints and kettlebell exercises 2-3 times a week.

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal:Not starving myself to maintain my weight, significantly improved stomach issues

Worst part about being Primal:People just not understanding and/or supporting my decision

JoyfulSusan is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Simpsonville (home)/Louisville (work), Kentucky

Age (If you want): Fabulous 50

How Primal are you: Not yet, just started (again)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, half & half in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Mostly coffee, some tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trying to overcome my sugar addiction and really like the whole body/mind/spirit emphasis

Favorite exercise: Yoga (since 1999)

Favorite Primal food: I really like roasted tomatoes with Penzey's Sunny Paris seasoning (from Nom-Nom Paleo)

Best part about being Primal: Looking forward to being 100%

Worst part about being Primal: Family and others not understanding that I am trying not to eat grains and sugar.

cozwolf is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Missoula, MT

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: primal minded but not primal acting yet

Do you consume dairy: I shouldn't but I do on occasion

Do you drink coffee or tea: very rarely tea(decaffeinated) on a cold night

Motivator for switching to Primal: Nothing major but all the mood swings, potential depression (I suspect partly diet is to blame but the initial depression doctor consultation is tomorrow), general bad feelings, over stressed.

Favorite exercise: Spontaneous sprints

Favorite Primal food: Steak or bacon

Best part about being Primal: amazing food

Worst part about being Primal: sticking with it when EVERYONE around you is skeptical