Page 424 of 600 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426434474524 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 5998

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 424

TEAMPADAM is offline Junior Member

Smile Hello from TEAMPADAM

Primal Fuel
    Hi, we are TEAM PADAM - Pauline & Adam, first day we met was in Zellers, Ottawa (Bayshore Mall), Sept 10, 2006 was the first day I met Adam, but we got together on Sept 15, 2006. Almost 6 years together. We celebrated our 4th Wedding Anniversary on August 8, 2012. My Husband Adam got us into Primal eating...I will be the one on the internet/forums. I will sign off on each post as PG Adam may or may not use this site.

Your location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia - extremely close to Halifax

Age (If you want): I turned 36 on August 28, My Husband Adam turned 28, on July 8

How Primal are you: Team Padam (Pauline & Adam) - Adam read about Primal Blueprint, did his research on this we started Day 1 on August 24, 2012. We are 100% Primal. Nothing with a label comes into this house, it's all lean meats or good meats, fresh veggies & eggs ( free range eggs when available)

Do you consume dairy: Adam does some milk in his tea sometimes, but lately it's been green tea or some sort of tea from David's Tea. Week 1 I did do milk in my coffee in the am, on Week 2 (this current week) I have stopped with dairy all together

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink 2 cups of black coffee in the morning, sometimes a green tea or David's Tea later on in the day. Adam does tea, as I said before it was tetley tea with milk when out at his parents house, or when at home, green tea or some sort of tea from David's Tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been going on fitness journey since Dec 6, 2010, lost 42 lbs & 29 inches off my body in 5 months & 10 days ( 162 lbs to 120 lbs). I have been on mealplans that I kept falling off from, due to I dreaded the next meal, lack flavour etc. It was stricted. Adam started this Primal eating on Aug 24, 2012, he supported me through my mealplans, so it was my turn to support him, seriously I don't know why we haven't done this earlier.

Favorite exercise: I am training for my first Bikini Competition in 2013, it has been a goal of mine since Dec 6, 2010, just to see if I can get myself on the stage & bringing my best body to the stage. I don't have a gym membership, all my workout gear is at home, I will be the first competitor probably competing that didn't step foot in a gym LOL. I do love my weights days on whatever part of my body I'm working that day. But, I am in LOVE with Squats alone, or with DB at my side, I learning to love planks and to hold them longer each time, with some fancy words coming out of my mouth to tell my mind we can do this LOL
    Adam doesn't workout at the moment, he does a lot of walking with his work, but he does his chin up/ab lift on the chin up bar - hmm does that count ?

Favorite Primal food: For me, it would have to be Meat, any kind of meat, I'm learning to like eggs a little more, the texture gets to me at times...as for Adam - each meal is his favourite.

Best part about being Primal: Knowing I am strong enough to say NO to unwanted foods that people offer me, knowing that each meal I am doing my good

Worst part about being Primal: I would say explaining closed minds on my personal facebook, that Primal is not another fancy word for Atkins diet (That bothers me the most, when people compare Primal to Atkins )...and Primal is not a DIET, it's a way of eating, with each day that passes I'm learning more and more about Primal. Now, it's being compare to Paleo, which I notice that has a slight difference.

Thank you for reading, looking forward into making new Primal friends, come and say hi & make a new friend <3 PG
    Last edited by TEAMPADAM; 09-06-2012 at 04:34 AM.

nthomas is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Chicago, IL

Age (If you want): 61

How Primal are you: Not primal enough

Do you consume dairy: Only in the form of ice cream - when I hit the wall for cravings.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Sick and tired of being sick and tired

Favorite exercise: I have 2 - walking outdoors and kettle bells

Favorite Primal food: BACON

Best part about being Primal: It seems to easy

Worst part about being Primal: It isn't as easy as it seems to commit to it.

Kwayzar1208 is offline Junior Member
    Hey everyone Its a pleasure to finally introduce myself on here.

Location: Im originally from the Twin Cities metro area in Minnesota. For the past few years I lived in Minneapolis. Right now however, and basically until July of 2013 I will be living in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Im on a study abroad program that is for two semesters, and so far its been bittersweet in many ways.

How Primal am I: Not as much as I would like, which is part of the reason why I am going to start posting a journal up in the forums. Some days/weeks I can be 100%, but then other times I can fall completely off the wagon. I want more stability with this, because whenever Ive been the most primal I have also been the happiest.

Do I consume dairy: This varies, sometimes I dont care for it at all, other times I crave it. But its more often the former that I feel.

Do I drink coffee or tea: Both, and Mate

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to reach my ultimate peak in terms of health, to develop and grow myself to my full potential. It compliments so many parts of my life, and also my mood is pretty sensitive to how I feel physically. Some people can trudge along eating whatever but because Im more sensitive it really bothers me when I dont feel good physically.

Favorite exercise(s): Hiking and calisthenics/bar workouts

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I feel incredible when I eat clean for a few days, and even more so after a week. I love to feel incredible.

Worst part about being Primal: After I discovered this, its been increasingly harder to forget it or push it to the wayside (sometimes it feels more convenient). In a way its a blessing in disguise, because I know eventually I wont really be fully satisfied with my lifestyle until it reaches a level (of consistent primal living) that Im satisfied with.
    Last edited by Kwayzar1208; 09-06-2012 at 07:35 AM.

cath47 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:
    Near Bergerac, South of France

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: 90 - 100 % I think......

Do you consume dairy: a little cheese, I just love cheese! I love dairy too, but can't get it raw anymore (used to have dairy cows) and the stuff in bottles is just not the same......so no more milk! A little butter sometimes, but prefer coconut oil and olive oil.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Only green tea, lots of it. Can't drink normal tea or coffee, my stomach has never adjusted to them.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and trying to get rid of a little fat.... Been gluten free for some time now, since I discovered I was being sensitive to gluten.

Favorite exercise: walking/hiking, zumba, just recently found out there is crossfit not too far from my home, I think I'll try!

Favorite Primal food: I haven't found anything yet I don't like!

Best part about being Primal: Being creative in the kitchen!

Worst part about being Primal: Being the only one in the family that is primal..... no one wants even to try and understand!

Cath

whail81 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Dallas, TX

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: 75-80%

Do you consume dairy: yes, milk with my protein shake and a little bit of cheese with my lunch.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I needed to get away from sugars and carbs. I knew it was taking over my life, and I was beginning to feel adverse health effects from it.

Favorite exercise: hiking at the local nature preserve.

Favorite Primal food: I could eat scrambled eggs all day!!

Best part about being Primal: This is my third week on it and I can really tell a difference in my "need" for carbs and sugars. My blood sugar is extremely stable, I am getting full without eating breads/pastas and I am sleeping much better. Also, my energy level is staying consistent throughout the day. No more 3pm nodding off at my desk!

Worst part about being Primal: Seeing everyone else in my life eating breads and knowing that they're not only going to enjoy the carbs, but that they're going to have that crash that always follow. I want them to join me, but they refuse to give up their yummy carbs.

TooTall is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Kent, UK

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Only just started, reading the Primal Blueprint. So very much a newbie

Do you consume dairy: At the moment yes, though that may change as I introduce Primal as my preferred lifestyle

Do you drink coffee or tea: Again, yes, though that may change

Motivator for switching to Primal: Several reasons, I work shifts and have led a fit of convenience foods and mass produced food products, which I believe have left me with a lot of digestion and general health issues. IBS as an example

Favorite exercise: Started to go to the gym in March 2012

Favorite Primal food: Don't have any just yet, but love food

Best part about being Primal: All to new to me to comment

Worst part about being Primal: I'm sure I'll find out very soon

jennifer_rabbit is offline Junior Member
    Hi! I'm Jennifer...

The Questions:

Your location:

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: Maybe about 3/4ths. I've read lots of primal nutrition books and blogs and articles lately and am about halfway through PB and what can I say? This one stuck I am here to give it a go for reals and of course continue to learn from everyone.

Do you consume dairy: heavy cream in my coffee, sometimes some aged full fat cheese with my red wine.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been gluten free for about 13 years, and thought I had figured it out until I signed up for a crossfit gym and they introduced me to a way of eating I had never heard of. After just a little bit of experimentation it was instantly clear that my body was responding positively.

Favorite exercise: hiking, deadlifting

Favorite Primal food: fish and ribs

Best part about being Primal: I love to eat and this allows me to eat everything I want and my body doesn't get bloated or slow or fat. I am just learning about the lifestyle part and really enjoying that too - getting some sunshine daily, experimented with my first walk around the block barefoot, and have made a stand up workstation and an outdoor workstation. Having fun learning.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing comes to mind

homosapiyum is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Newcastle, Australia

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: 99.99%

Do you consume dairy: Only Organic Greek Yoghurt a few times a week.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I'm not a fan of hot beverages and caffeine does not agree with me!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Seeing a colleague lose a massive amount of weight, I swallowed my pride, got up off my 144.4kg butt and started moving and eating right. Whilst I've done the same routine many times before, Primal is the only thing that has seen me lose weight quickly, easily and DELICIOUSLY!

Favorite exercise: Anything in intervals, sporadic weights, walking my little dog.

Favorite Primal food: Too many to list!

Best part about being Primal: Food, glorious food! Finding and foraging for exciting new foods and recipes.

Worst part about being Primal: Watching people you know and love count calories, work out twice a day for hours at a time, and lose 300g a week, who can't lose the fear of the fat. Soooo frustrating!

CavewomanNL is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: The Netherlands

Age (If you want): 43.. oh make that a 33

How Primal are you: 85% but wanting to go to 100% because I think I am still carb addicted

Do you consume dairy: No, I don't do well on dairy products + they are absolutely not paleo

Do you drink coffee or tea: loads of green or nettle tea. Every now and then a coffee (once a month?): addicted to the smell of coffee beans

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am into nutrition and it just makes sense. In The Netherlands there is a whole kPNI (clinical Psychoneurology movement) which is into paleo.

Favorite exercise: crosstrainer and squats

Favorite Primal food: grass fed beef, esp steak!!!

Best part about being Primal: that steak!!!

Worst part about being Primal: still missing the carbs and sugar. And struggling to overcome that. And all those muggles (thank you Tarlach) that keep saying: how can bread -grains- be bad? My brother-in-law: pasta is so healthy.
    And still not losing weight but that's my own fault: still too much dark chocolate.
    Last edited by CavewomanNL; 09-08-2012 at 04:25 AM.

CavewomanNL is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Run faster, wake up earlier, be more determined.
    Jesse Jackson