Page 423 of 617 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433473523 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 6163

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 423

bethaneyjayne is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi! I am from Gold Coast in Australia

I am 33

I am only on day 5 but feel pretty good - a couple of slips ("gluten free, dairy free" cookies sorry!)

No Dairy

I do drink black coffee and black & green tea, trying to reduce my coffee as it seems to give me headaches!

I wanted to try this lifestyle as I always noticed I was bloated after oats and wheat foods and sneezed after drinking milk. I also have the auto-immune skin condition Vitiligo

I compete in powerlifting under the guidance of my strongman boyfriend.

My favorite primal food is steak, chicken skin, over ripe bananas, cashews and walnuts.

I am enjoying not feeling bloated and knowing what I eat is highly nutritious.

I am missing milk chocolate and peanut butter the most but i know those cravings will subside eventually.

Quies is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Naples, Florida

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Diet and exercise I'm mostly primal, working on the rest.

Do you consume dairy: Cheese, cottage cheese, and butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green and herbal teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health.

Favorite exercise: Walking.

Favorite Primal food: Cherries.

Best part about being Primal: I feel a lot better.

Worst part about being Primal: Comments about how the cholesterol is going to kill me.

tcfitmn is offline Junior Member
    Your location: St. Paul, Minnesota

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Working my way up to 100%! Right now -- probably around 75%

Do you consume dairy: Yes -- cheese and greek yogurt!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green Tea mostly once or twice a day!

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm one of those people who has tried everything. I used to look at Primal and think, "No way I could ever do that." I tried it a couple months ago for about a week or two and felt much better than I had in a long time. Less bloating & gas and I felt full all of the time. Got off track for a while, but now I'm back on!

Favorite exercise: Lifting heavy things!

Favorite Primal food: Just about everything!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great about what I eat / in general and losing the sugar cravings!

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain my lifestyle choice to people who aren't following it and hearing negative feedback.

Columbia is offline Junior Member
    Your location: USA

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 60%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've suffered from GI issues off and on as long as I can remember. While searching for answers, I came across MDA about a year and a half ago. Although not cured, I feel I can manage my symptoms much better through diet. I've also read a dozen or so paleo/primal books that inspire me to stay motivated. I still carry an extra 10 pounds consistently, but I feel great when I comply with primal and I'm satisfied knowing I have my health.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Avacados

Best part about being Primal: No colds/flus for past 16 months, more energy, less cravings

Worst part about being Primal: Living in a non-primal world. I too often give in to eating foods I know I shouldn't.

WulinZheng is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    vancouver canada

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you:
    almost completely except for the occasional full fat greek yogourt and aged cheese.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:no i only drink water or sometimes sparkling water

Motivator for switching to Primal: I decided to give it a try to loose weight as a buddy of mine lost so much weight in such a short of time so bunch of my co workers and friends all decided to give it a try. though most of us all lost quite a bit of weight in the two and half month, i am the only one that is still sticking with this. maybe because i am the only one who not only noticed the weight change but my over all improvement of health. depression, mood swing, hypoglycaemic episode, irritable bowel, acid reflex, bloating and insomnia are all gone. and for the first time in my life, food craving has no control over me.

Favorite exerciseush up and chin ups. i am never this strong in all my life though i use to work out 3 hours a day just to get fit. for the first time in my life, i can do over 25 push ups and 4 chin ups . can't believe this happened when i am near 40 not 18

Favorite Primal food:eggs, bacon, avocado and raspberries

Best part about being Primal:happiness, positive attitude and energy

Worst part about being Primal:trying to explain your life style to people

jgleas1 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Baton Rouge, LA

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: 80-90%

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee on occasion, mostly when I am duck hunting

Motivator for switching to Primal: Gluten Allergy and also to get in shape for life

Favorite exercise: As a previous crossfitter my favorite lift was the power clean to press, but since joining primal fitness blueprint, I have found that I am not very bodyweight to weight strong. So i have dropped the weights and are now concentrating on the pull-ups.

Favorite Primal food: Ribeye

Best part about being Primal: Sustained energy and less/ to almost none gastro problems

Worst part about being Primal: I can't eat sandwiches !!

done4 is offline Junior Member
    primal for a whole 3 days now- read primal blueprint three times before starting. MDA is loaded with more than enough information-great sight
    Loc. small town Ohio - Age.. 50 - (male) - How primal.. so far at least 90% - dairy.. very little - coffe/tea no - Motivation for switching.. my belly, success stories, just feels right - Favorite exercise.. jog/hike (cant wait to try grok ball!)- Favorite primal food meat - Best part is just that it fits and sounds right, results will be the best part - Worst part is finding the right foods easily. Lost 20 lbs since Jan 1 but cannot drop anymore. Down to 193 - started jogging more, 193. trained for and ran my first triathlon, 193. ran even more (which meant more carbs), 193. Still have at least 15 to go. I am ready. done4

grokgrok is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Columbus, OH

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Just started today!! (Only meat, eggs, veggies and nuts -- so almost 100% Grok?) Feeling hungry, a little groggy, and a little fuzzy-headed

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black Coffee (no cream, no sugar)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to take control of my hunger pangs by not having any, and control my weight without hours and hours of cardio

Favorite exercise: Jugging

Favorite Primal food: EGGS!!

Best part about being Primal: Who knew you could eat bacon and fry some eggs in its grease and lose weight?!

Worst part about being Primal: The keto-adaptation stage.... When will it go away!!

DadGrocks is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Boise Idaho

Age (If you want):50

How Primal are you:Very for 30 days now

Do you consume dairy:Fermented,butter

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:Couldnt loose my last roll..Was being very carb conscious but still thought wheat was good!

Favorite exercise:Hiking into a lake , but cant do that often! Lift ,PEMs, run a bit LOVE COLD WATER SWIMING, cycling Xcountry ski.

Favorite Primal food: DANG! MEAT rocks. but Picture this Gollum when he caught that trout in lord of the rings. All singing and dancing..except i do fry them IN BACON!!!ALWAYS HAVE! AND the fins and tail all crunchy.
    Best part about being Primal:So far im pushing through that last roll pretty ez!

Worst part about being Primal:Have to put more thought into meal prep..but getting easier.Trying to strech grocery dollars..

CrazyCatLady is offline Member
    Your location: I currently live in Eastern WA, near the nation's largest Superfund Clean up site

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: I just started about 3 weeks ago. 75 to 80% diet, working on the exercises, play and getting enough sleep.

Do you consume dairy: Yes! I LOVE cheese. I wanted to lose weight, but hated that most diets said I couldn't eat as much cheese as I wanted. I get grass fed, minimally pasteurized local milk for the family.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea. Earl Grey. I drank coffee until about 8 months ago when I realized that my stomach upset was relieved on a day I didn't drink coffee. Small amount of sugar, no milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I keep gaining, slowly, slowly, and I am very frugal so buying new clothes because I am bigger is maddening. I hate being hungry on a diet. Several years ago I realized I did much better in the morning with an egg than I did with cereals. I knew I needed the protein. A friend linked to big farm industry and grains, and when I read a few other articles I could see that this made sense for "my" body. I had all the signs of the sugar rush in the afternoon, feeling shaky and reaching for Triscuits to make it through to dinner. The first 3 days off, I was foggy, but when I took multivitamins and ate almonds and cheese, I felt so much better - and lost 10 lbs without being hungry at all. I got the book from the library and my 12 year old daughter read it with me. (We homeschool, and I think Primal Blueprint will be the basis of the "health" requirement that we need to do for all of my kids as they get to the stage of needing that credit.)

Favorite exercise: I really love to swim, but our above ground pool is too small. Running is my back up, biking with kids and playing street hockey.

Favorite Primal food: Meats. Beef, really rare with horseradish and good mayo.

Best part about being Primal: I am losing weight, I am not hungry, in fact, I need to learn to cut back on the amount I eat as I am feeling too full after meals due to before needing to eat more to get the protein I needed. I have more energy. I don't feel cold all the time.

Worst part about being Primal: My kids do animals for 4-H, and it is near impossible to find grainless items to eat at fair for the week we are there. My kids still want comfort foods such as pancakes and waffles. I know I should not worry about recreating them, but, well there are some things that need to be recreated so they don't go off and gorge on carbs as soon as they are out of sight.

My hopes: I would like to get down to 125 or so. (I started at 160.) I want to avoid the diabetes, autoimmune diseases and such that seem to run in the family. I really hope that I can convince my type 2 diabetic brother to do this as his prognosis is not looking good for him keeping his feet. I want especially my youngest son who craves carbs and bread constantly to kick the cycle because I see it leading no where good and probably ending up like his uncle. I am looking forward to a winter when I don't need to go to bed at dark because I tended to eat more carbs in the winter to help keep me from feeling cold all the time.

Thanks for letting me share.