Page 422 of 617 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 6164

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 422

Jeffybear is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Hey everyone, Jeff here from America's Buckeye state. I'm 47 years old and just getting started in this Primal thing...Go Groc....although I have been somewhat successful with the Southbeach diet a while back.

Do you consume dairy: Some...creamer for coffee and some cottage cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee, one cup a day when at work

Motivator for switching to Primal: I need to drop about 50lbs and would love to see my abs.....I know they are in there somewhere

Favorite exercise: I like to ride my bike, have recently been doing 10.4 miles in about 40 minutes at least 3 times per week. I was jogging but jogging with an extra 50lbs was killing my knees

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I don't feel hungry most of the time

Worst part about being Primal: No mashed potatoes or potato chips
    Last edited by Jeffybear; 09-03-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: clarify a few things

DrJosh is offline Junior Member
    Around 10 years ago I was diagnosed with Ulcerative colitis. For aaaaaages my gastroenterologist told me it had nothing to do with diet and kept trying new drugs. He wanted me on immune-suppressing drugs (which apparently help), but I flat out refused. My immune systemís weak enough! In the last couple years my mum and I have been reading a lot about the Specific Carbohydrate Diet, which has cured thousands of people like me, and Iím giving it a shot. Basically, removing grains and sugars Ė sound familiar? I have to start off very strict with few foods, then add something new every couple of days to see how I react, but so far Iíve had massive improvement! Iím convinced that diet is by far the main factor in my condition. I started reading MDA a few months ago, and itís given me an abundant list of references for when people tell me I need to eat grains. The twice-a-week fitness regime works wonders too.

The Dr part of my username is cos Iíve almost finished a PhD in Medical Science. I love the fact that every post Mark puts up has references throughout, especially links to peer-reviewed literature.

Your location: South Australia

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Restrictively Ė Iím actually on a similar diet for health reasons, but Iím living the primal lifestyle.

Do you consume dairy: Lactose-free milk in my tea, homemade yoghurt and cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea. Probably too much. :P

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, see above.

Favorite exercise: Play. I live on a 62 acre property, so I just run around and climb trees!

Favorite Primal food: Who can overlook the all-in-one package of eggs? I love a good steak, but havenít managed to eat one properly for a while. Something about low stomach acid? Working up to it.

Best part about being Primal: Iíve put on weight for the first time in a decade. At 6ft tall, Iíve only recently gotten above 60kg (130lb?).

Worst part about being Primal: Well-meaning friends who think I NEED grains to live.

Pachamama is offline Junior Member
    Hello, i am very, very happy to join this amazing community
    Location: I live in Marzano,countryside, close to Genova, Italy

Age (If you want): 34 years

How Primal are you: I am turning completely primal since 10 days

Do you consume dairy: i eat them quiet often, it's a kind of experiment because when i was grain addicted, eating dairy and grains together, gave me so many health problems, now dairy without grains is working fine but i know i can't overdo with them!

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, especially in a break moment in the afternoon, i'd really love a cup of coffee with dark chocolate 85% without sugar, it's a pure pleasure

Motivator for switching to Primal: I had eating disorders and suffered of emotional eating almost my all life..but after the emotional issue was resolved, i was always in trouble, always hungry and unhealthy..so little by little, i arrived here..i tried before a Zone nutrition style but after a while i understood that isn't for me..too many grains and too many calculations for my taste!Reading and reading here i am, and i think this is my destination, because it's exactly what i was looking for : i wondered so much of how ours ancestors were eating, i was thinking that how they tell us to eat ( the carbo pyramide is mad!!) it doesn't make any sense.Especially since i went to live in the countryside, i changed my lifestyle: more and more movement, good food close to home..but still i was missing something..so what happened? grok called me in my subconscious and i said "Yes, i am ready"

Favorite exercise: First, i really love to walk, especially in the bush, and almost every morning i have my 5 minutes kettlebell swings, once in a week another kb wo, swings and squats..sometimes i don't miss to run very fast with my son, is 3 years old and he really loves to do it with me..such a fun

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, meat, fish, veggies..eggs first!but really love nuts too, i'm trying several kind ( brasilian, macadamia etc)
    Best part about being Primal: I am not always hungry anymore,no more stomachache and i am full of energy.Primal recipes are sooo yummi, more then what i was hoping

Worst part about being Primal: I am italian, everywhere is a big bla bla issue about the absolute sanity of mediterranean pyramide,but is also true that many people, more and more everyday, have problems with 60% dayly intake of processed grains food ( weight gain, intolerance, fatigue etc..)so not everybody looks at me like i turned mad and sincerely i don't even mind too much
    I hope my very terrible english is understandable

Pachamama is offline Junior Member
    Hello, i am very, very happy to join this amazing community
    Location: I live in Marzano,countryside, close to Genova, Italy

Age (If you want): 34 years

How Primal are you: I am turning completely primal since 10 days

Do you consume dairy: i eat them quiet often, it's a kind of experiment because when i was grain addicted, eating dairy and grains together, gave me so many health problems, now dairy without grains is working fine but i know i can't overdo with them!

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, especially in a break moment in the afternoon, i'd really love a cup of coffee with dark chocolate 85% without sugar, it's a pure pleasure

Motivator for switching to Primal: I had eating disorders and suffered of emotional eating almost my all life..but after the emotional issue was resolved, i was always in trouble, always hungry and unhealthy..so little by little, i arrived here..i tried before a Zone nutrition style but after a while i understood that isn't for me..too many grains and too many calculations for my taste!Reading and reading here i am, and i think this is my destination, because it's exactly what i was looking for : i wondered so much of how ours ancestors were eating, i was thinking that how they tell us to eat ( the carbo pyramide is mad!!) it doesn't make any sense.Especially since i went to live in the countryside, i changed my lifestyle: more and more movement, good food close to home..but still i was missing something..so what happened? grok called me in my subconscious and i said "Yes, i am ready"

Favorite exercise: First, i really love to walk, especially in the bush, and almost every morning i have my 5 minutes kettlebell swings, once in a week another kb wo, swings and squats..sometimes i don't miss to run very fast with my son, is 3 years old and he really loves to do it with me..such a fun

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, meat, fish, veggies..eggs first!but really love nuts too, i'm trying several kind ( brasilian, macadamia etc)
    Best part about being Primal: I am not always hungry anymore,no more stomachache and i am full of energy.Primal recipes are sooo yummi, more then what i was hoping

Worst part about being Primal: I am italian, everywhere is a big bla bla issue about the absolute sanity of mediterranean pyramide,but is also true that many people, more and more everyday, have problems with 60% dayly intake of processed grains food ( weight gain, intolerance, fatigue etc..)so not everybody looks at me like i turned mad and sincerely i don't even mind too much
    I hope my very terrible english is understandable

denisecripps is offline Junior Member
    I'm obviously missing something, but I'm new here, and I can't figure out how to start a new thread and post a new question, so I'll just reply to this one and hope someone comes to my rescue and explains how to post

Here's the question I wanted to ask:
    I'm wondering whether Life's Basics Plant Protein Powder (Vanilla Unsweetened) would be considered Paleo/Primal since the protein is all derived from rice, hemp, chia and pea. I'm allergic to eggs, casein and whey so I can't drink typical protein shakes. One serving has just 5 grams of carbs and is great in every other way (does not contain yeast, corn, soy, gluten, wheat, milk, egg, whey or any artificial ingredients or preservatives), but is it Paleo??

If not, can anyone recommend a clean, dairy- and egg-free protein powder?

thwilson is offline Junior Member

How Primal are you: 50% on exercise, 90% on food

Do you consume dairy: Yes, daily Greek Yogurt and heavy cream. Tillamook Cheddar weekly, fancier cheeses occasionally.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Daily coffee, with heavy cream.

Motivator for switching to Primal: In a moment of inspiration I decided to listen to my body more closely. This started me down the path of primal. I stumbled on MDA, saw it was a great fit, and find the guidelines are a helpful reminder.

Favorite exercise: Toddler-swings with my 32lb son.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs, Asparagus, Coconut Oil, Butter, Zucchini

Best part about being Primal: Food tastes better, simplified diet is mind-clearing.

Worst part about being Primal: It’s all good

lifebeyondwalls is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Alexandria, VA

How Primal are you: Just getting started, coming up on one week without grains.

Do you consume dairy: Almost daily; only raw or fermented dairy from pastured, organic cattle.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Occasionally, one to two cups of black and/or green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been interested in 'food science' for some time. First read The Omnivore's Dilemma approx. 2 years ago. Came across the idea of eating 'paleo' on Reddit which lead to Googling and Mark's Daily Apple. Decided I'd put off eating better for too long and wanted to do something about it.

Favorite exercise: Hiking/Backpacking

Favorite Primal food: Beef (100% grass-fed and organic, of course).

Best part about being Primal: Being able to eat delicious food that's high quality.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to give up trips to the local pizza joint and my homemade mac n' cheese.

Jeri is online now Member

Smile

Hello everyone,

My name is Jeri

I live in Clayton NC

I am not sure how primal I am but I think I am at least 75% and working my way up to a higher percentage

I do eat some dairy, mostly cheese but not a lot of it

I do not drink coffee or tea, I have never liked either one

I have not started doing any exercises yet I plan on seeing where I need to begin, using the primal fitness guide that I was able to download, this weekend

I love a good steak with some grilled asparagus ro a nice piece of salmon

The best part of being primal is that my husband is doing it with me and that makes it easier

The worst part is I still want diet coke but I have not had one, not even a sip, for 4 weeks.

My motivation for doing this is that my family is riddled with diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure and I do not want to have to deal with those health hazzards, especially the diabetes. My husband decided to join me because 3 days before I began this journey his doctor put him on meds for high cholesterol and told him that his blood sugars were raising and he needed to loose 40 or more pounds. He watched his mother suffer with diabetes and all the complications that go along with it when you refuse to change your diet. She passed away 6 years ago in her early 60's, much to young. He has already lost 20 pounds and is feeling much better and has a tremendous amount of energy. He is loving it. I follow up with my doctor this Tuesday, but I already know my labs are good, they are actually better than they were last year, and as an added bonus I have lost 9 pounds. I also have more energy and feel better, and I also am loving it. My daughter is thinking about going Primal as well. Then I just have my two boys to work on. One lives at home so he eats primally when he eats with us and he does not complain to much.

NextSteps is offline Junior Member
    Newly registered on the forum from just north of NYC. Here's my intro:

How Primal are you: 70% +/-

Do you consume dairy: yes, home-made kefir, butter, a little heavy cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, trying to substitute green/oolong tea for coffee most of the time

Motivator for switching to Primal: concerns about fasting blood sugar, weight, waist size creeping up

Favorite exercise: swimming, walking, gardening

Favorite Primal food: veggies

Best part about being Primal: more constant energy level

Worst part about being Primal: I miss being able to eat "everything in moderation"

Maybe its the big "M" but I was putting on weight much easier than in the past plus my annual physical showed big increase in cholesterol & triglycerides (albeit from an insanely healthy level to an enviable but less healthy level) and a fasting blood sugar of 99, which scared me since my husband was diagnosed full Type II Diabetic in June. I'd like to lose a few pounds but I'd be happy to change my body composition to more muscle/less fat. Besides eating low carb, along with my husband, I've been doing body-weight exercises and a 10 min morning ab routine. We've been eating low-carb since mid-June and I've been exercising regularly for a couple of weeks. My pants fit better - yay - but my weight, my fasting blood sugars, and, according to my body composition enabled scale, my body composition are unchanged. Guess that's completely normal. I find that making small changes over time works best so I'll cement the weight bearing routines before adding more walking or whatever. Love this site & the forums - fabulous resource.

Adriana29 is offline Junior Member

Hi, greetings from Germany

Your location: Augsburg, Germany

How primal are you: aspiring 100% - I've just started primal eating 6 weeks ago (left away all the grains, legumes, tubers, refined foods)

Do you consume dairy: I stopped consuming dairy yesterday

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee - trying to cut down to 1 cup a day

Motivator for switching to primal: Desperation! I don't want to feel so sick and tired anymore. I suffer from fatigue and have all kinds of mental problems, like eating disorders, depression, anxiety/panic attacks, insomnia, also had a few psychotic episodes and a seizure a few years ago

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite primal food: I love them all - after having starved myself on a low-fat diet for decades I really love to eat all those good fats now (coconut oil, ghee, olive oil, macadamia nut oil...) and it's also great to eat to satiety

Best part about being Primal: I almost can't believe how much better I feel since I left away all the grain stuff (for 6 weeks now) - I have more energy, my mood is much better, anxiety/panic is gone, no more trembling/fog in the head/dizziness/feeling like I'm going to collapse any moment and my skin is better, too.

Worst part about being Primal: I really miss the cream in my coffee...