Page 421 of 600 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471521 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 5998

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 421

Kimber415 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hello....I sent you an email. Would love a buddy....I'm so confused at the moment and also througourly excited. I'm looking forward to this journey/way of life. Any advice from others is greatly appreciated.

5kfunrun is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Lancaster, PA

Age (If you want):29

How Primal are you:Partially Primal

Do you consume dairy:yes, Raw Milk, and I'm getting more "raw" with cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: TEA!!!

Motivator for switching to Primal:I felt like I needed to do something healthy. I read some books, watched some "non-hippy" documentaries, and found out about Primal.

Favorite exercise: Combat class, running

Favorite Primal food: Whole Avocados and Bacon!

Best part about being Primal:the energy! Holy Cow!

Worst part about being Primal: Having to break up with the Pastry Man at the Farmer's Market. Bless his heart...
    Last edited by 5kfunrun; 08-29-2012 at 11:28 AM.

BrakemanSlova is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Austin, TX

Age (If you want):53

How Primal are you:Right now doing the Whole30 which is no-cheating Paleo without dairy. Usually I eat cheese and butter and cheat a little on the carbs...potatoes...

Do you consume dairy:Usually, yes - cheese and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:aches and pains, weight, energy

Favorite exercise:walking

Favorite Primal food: Pork-stuffed Jalapeno Peppers

Best part about being Primal: energy and easy weight loss

Worst part about being Primal: no baguettes

Savayla is offline Junior Member
    Hi

Your Location : Nelson, New Zealand (But am South African )

How Primal are you : 80 - 95 % No grains, but do use stevia and honey or maple syrup in my baking .

Do you consume dairy : Yes. Raw organic milk, make own yoghurt, feta and halloumi cheese. Shop bought cheese too

Do you drink coffee or tea : Herbal teas only

Motivator for switching to Primal : Health. Suffered from severe IBS for 30 years, been gluten free for 15 years, food combining for 4 years, and now primal for 2 months and finally seeing a difference in my health.

Favourite exercise : Yoga, cycling, bodyrock, walking

Favourite primal food : Bacon, steak, avo, berries

Best Part about being Primal : Feeling better and not being constipated !!

Worst part about being Primal : I am so over winter veges, and trying to think out the box in terms of feeding my two kids and husband so they will continue this journey with me.

sleepingduty is offline Junior Member
    Hi to all! Beginning my Primal/Paleo Journey with MDA.I have been following a low carb lifestyle for a while now after a couple rounds of hcg to reduce my weight. Very interested in the paleo way of eating and mda's fitness routine.Can't do one pullup yet but I'm working on it. Hubby is not on board with it yet but is being forced by default since I am the primary cook of the household!
    Your location:West Texas

Age (If you want):54

How Primal are you: 85-90%

Do you consume dairy: Heavy whipping cream, butter, occasionally feta cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal:Enhance my state of health

Favorite exercise: Sprints of any kind

Favorite Primal food: Coconut oil (is that a food?)

Best part about being Primal:Lots of energy!

Worst part about being Primalifficult to eat out most places

CANIable is offline Junior Member

Intro: CANIable

Hello

Your location: San Francisco Bay Area

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: day 1

Do you consume dairy: yes, love milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea, occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: desperation

Favorite exercise: so far the plank

Favorite Primal food: meat

Best part about being Primal: still finding out.

Worst part about being Primal: soda and bread loss.

My name is Robert and today is day 1 for me and my wife. I will be shopping in a few hours and per cooking meals for Friday and Saturday we are cleaning out the pantry and frig. I stopped chewing tobacco 2 days ago and am planning for next week with the Primal Cookbook I bought. Started reading the Primal Blueprint 2 hours ago and am pumped. A good friend of mine lost 70 lbs on this lifestyle change and he seems alot more energetic too. Wife wants to do a short hike this Sunday. Will see how me foot is doing. I chipped a bone and dislocated two toes by tripping over a cat and kicking a steel fan last Saturday. Am getting surgery to fix toes soon.
    Anyway hello, look forward to chatting. I am going to read now and put together shopping list. Have a Primal Day!!

Jules T is offline Junior Member
    Hi there, I'm Jules and I've been dipping in and out of the 21-day blueprint over the last 6+ weeks... Following the daily tasks for two weeks at a time, but holidays and decorating are taking a toll on keeping to the 21-day schedule! (I've just treated myself to the 90-day journal, which I suspect is much more my thing!)

I'd say I've managed to align quite a bit of my lifestyle to primal, getting there with things like farmer's markets, (ours only runs monthly) raw milk, (only from a small number of licensed farms in the UK and the milk industry is trying to shut down those... -we don't have any local ones, so postal order is the only option...) grass fed meats -my parents have theirs posted from Scotland, but I'm sure I can buy more locally...

Loving the recipes in the Primal Cookbook, I've also experimented with tagines and hot-pots, but my other half likes the 'primal recipes' more!!! But the sheer enjoyment of the food has spurred us on... Oh and walking in Vibrams, which we are both completely sold on...!!

Your location: Hessle, East Riding of Yorkshire, UK (google pics of the Humber Bridge...)

Age (If you want): Even before I started this I would look in the mirror and not feel my age, so I have a number but I feel about ten years younger than 38

How Primal are you: Not as much as I would like, but I know I will get to a good sustainable (high) percentage

Do you consume dairy: Yes and will continue to do so, but A2!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, but a lot less than before -planning to get to one cup of 'fresh' tea a day (it's a big ask for a Brit -our world is built on gaffer tape, cable ties and cuppas!!)

Motivator for switching to Primal: The 'primal revolution' came about by accident in our household when John brought the 21-day book into our lives via his work as a therapist and healer... I've been interested in diet for a long time and especially its' impact on children and behaviour -something which comes up for me time and time again at work -I do a sort-of 'super-nanny' role!!

Political motivation has helped me enormously with primal and I've just finished reading 'Eat Your Heart Out' by Felicity Lawrence, which I'd recommend to anyone, the 'Men Who Made Us Fat' documentaries on the BBC had me seething and subsequent jumping onto the industry's knowledge of A1/A2 milk shouldn't have surprised me by then.... BUT!!...

Favorite exercise: walking up to the Humber Bridge, down to the foreshore and home again :-)

Favorite Primal food: Lamb burgers, hmmm, did the coconut/almond 'breaded' mackeral Monday tho' n that was good!! Chocolate bark?!!!!! Enjoying most things really.

Best part about being Primal: I can't describe how my stomach feels different, I just know that it does, I've lost 1/2 a stone without trying and I wonder if that was internal fat, (I've long suspected I might be TOFI.) I just feel healthier and happier.

Worst part about being Primal: Being tempted with scones, ice cream, crackers etc etc by my work colleague :-(

andersemil is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Nearly 100%, except dairy, caffeine and alcohol

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes (both)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fluid retention and bloating / bad digestion due to gluten intolerance. Sleep loss and irritability.

Favorite exercise: HIT as per "Body By Science" (Doug McGuff and John Little)

Favorite Primal food: Entrecôte with garlic butter and sweet potatoes!!

Best part about being Primal: My newfound love for vegetables and the immense variety of dishes I'm able to cook now. Steady sleep pattern.

Worst part about being Primal: That most other people are not!

carol4change is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Michigan

Age (If you want): 55

How Primal are you: Just getting started! Plan to start the 21 Day Challenge on Sunday and am so excited that I have my husband on board! We have been cutting back on wheat and most processed foods for a while now.

Do you consume dairy: Raw, full fat, home made yogurt, sour cream. Some cheese, but cutting back to raw only.

Do you drink coffee or tea: A mug of coffee in the morning and LOTS of tea! Cutting back on tea, replacing with water and some homemade kombucha.

Motivator for switching to Primal: In spite a BA in exercise physiology, past work as cardia rehab tech, fitness instructor and childbirth educator, since moving into office work I've been overweight for 20 years. I'm up to almost 200 achy breaky pounds and am thinking this is ridiculous!

Favorite exercise: Nia- LOVE dancing barefoot!!! It can be a great weekly play session! If you don't smile when you work out it is time for Nia.

Favorite Primal food: Yummy grass fed beef...and bacon. I know processed meats aren't really primal, but, well, it's BACON!

Best part about being Primal: I am already noticing the leveling of energy levels without the dips and dives caused by grains and sugar. During times in past when we did the Protein Power Plan, our triglycerides and cholestoral levels improved drastically and all of our aches and pains "mysteriously" vanished! Looking forward to those benefits! What I'm really exicted about is the fact that there are SO many people engaged now that I think it will really help with sticking to my goals rather than doing it for a few weeks and sliding back into old habits because it was to hard to swim against the current alone.

Worst part about being Primal: No ice cream. But put some raw milk with lots of cream, a small piece of banana and a couple of strawberries in a blender once every couple weeks and I don't think I will miss the ice cream too much!

Misti is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hey, all! My name is Misti, and I am a writer, a mother, and a grandmother. My children range from 32 years to 9, and my grandchildren from 10 to just turned 1. (Unless you count the little guy who is scheduled to make an appearance in a few weeks.)

Age (If you want): mid-50s.

How Primal are you: I have been grain free for 4 years. I learn a lot from primal and paleo blogs, but I'm not sure I can claim the title "Primal". Not yet, at least.

Do you consume dairy: occasionally. I eat raw cheeses from time to time and I love raw milk in my coffee, though I usually save that for special occasions.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes - a cup of coffee in the morning with coconut milk, cinnamon, and a little powdered (unsweetened) chocolate. Iced tea when I want to "be social" at a restaurant. I can never find anything that's safe to eat, but brewed iced tea seems OK.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My husband was diagnosed with celiac four years ago, and a few months later, out youngest son was as well. In doing some research about celiac, we discovered the specific carbohydrate diet and went grain free as a family. Over the next few months, through cheat, er "experimenting", I discovered that I am very sensitive to all grains. Even the corn based waxes on commercial vegetables or the grains that commercial animals eat can make me sick. In searching for recipes, I came across paleo and primal blogs and became intrigued. I have evidently been sensitive to grains all my life. For me, the sensitivity largely presents as muscle and joint pain -- even as a child, I exercised very little because moving was so painful. (Well, and due to undiagnosed hypo-thyroid, I had no energy anyway. But the pain didn't go away until I stopped eating grains.) Needless to say, I am far, far from fit. However as I have started to feel so much better, I have also felt the urge to MOVE. So far, that has been qi gong longevity exercises and walks severl times per week. (I was excited this morning to realize that I had pushed my walk up to two miles yesterday and I woke up feeling energized instead of having leg cramps! Hurrah!

Favorite exercise: so far, walking. I have a fantasy to be fit enough to walk across southern Sweden with my grandchildren when I retire!

Favorite Primal food: all of them! Oh..one? I am shocked to say that my firtst reactin was "salad greens". I used to hate them, but not anymore. Now I crave them!

Best part about being Primal: Energy and lack of pain! Hands down!

Worst part about being Primal: That social thing. Since for me, having even of traces of grains is very painful, I pretty much don't dare eat anything bought and prepared outside the family. I used to be one to try anything -- anything at all -- but now... *sigh*

I look forward to getting to know everyone better.