Page 420 of 626 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470520 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 6251

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 420

straydog is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Seattle, WA

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: 70/30--I've some digestive issues that are preventing me from going fully primal yet. While I've eliminated most grains, it's tough to fully remove white rice.

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally--greek yogurt (for the protein and probiotics). Even less occasionally--butter (organic) and every few months--cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Eating healthier/cleaner in hopes of alleviating chronic digestive (gluten-related) issues. I went vegetarian, then vegan, then vegetarian for a while in hopes it would help--but it seemed to just make things worse. I read the Vegetarian Myth and also discovered Primal, so I have a better idea of why things never improved. I am not looking to lose weight (as I'm actually underweight at this point), so I want to eat in a clean way that will help me put on a little muscle-weight.

Favorite exercise: Hiking. Looking into starting yoga.

Favorite Primal food: Grilled chicken and steamed veggies with a little pat of butter (or a drizzle of EVOO). :9

Best part about being Primal: Eating more naturally... and getting to treat myself to bacon now and then.

Worst part about being Primal: The vast amounts of fat..without a gall bladder, it makes going fully primal pretty impossible. Also, hanging out with friends/going out to eat--it requires so much planning if eating is involved--especially during football season. Aaaand...giving up the gluten free cookies/brownies...they are my kryptonite. If I can find an easier way to make primal desserts, I'll be set!

Thistle5 is offline Junior Member
    Jumping in here...

How primal? Just started, probably 80/20

Dairy? Love it, splash of 2% in morning coffee, hard cheese daily- cheddar, Gouda, occasional yogurt-none for 2 weeks, not really missing it

Coffee or tea? Yes, but unsweetened for both

Motivator: health- high blood pressure, sleep apnea, overweight

Exercise: was doing functional fitness until I had a health problem, trying to get back to it

Favorite primal food-shrimp, guacamole, kale chips

Best part- think this may work

Worst part- no beer
    Last edited by Thistle5; 08-27-2012 at 07:02 PM.

ScottCIrwin is offline Junior Member
    Scott C. Irwin

Your location | New York City, New York

Age | 40

How Primal are you | I'm not entirely sure. Some days I am 100% - perhaps 1-3 days a week. Other days maybe 70% - 85%. I am new to this lifestyle.

Do you consume dairy | Occasionally. As I transition, I find I rotate between vices (dairy, dark chocolate, or sugar/berries).

Do you drink coffee or tea | Yes, coffee mostly. I believe Peter Attia posted about heavy whipping cream lattes (decaf always for me). I have taken to those almost daily, sometimes twice a day, which I usually find to be a mistake. I also drink decaf coffee, usually with 1/2 and 1/2. I do drink Teas' Tea (unsweetened) quite a bit recently for a refreshing alternative to water.

Motivator for switching to Primal | I have been part of a daily food log with two friends. One went primal about a year ago and has lost at least 100 lbs. I want to lose weight (and enjoy life, food).

Favorite exercise | I have recently taken up "shovelgloving"/sledgehammering. I love it. I was into P90X last year until a rotator cuff injury put me out for 7-10 months.

Favorite Primal food | Love a great steak. Enjoying omelets more and more (where I like to include grass fed cheddars). The chain Chop't makes great salads. Almost every day I have a large kale salad with organic grass fed steak, peppadews, 1 and 1/2 avocados, sunflower seeds, and lots of olive oil.

Best part about being Primal | Learning about my body/health and restoring hope.

Worst part about being Primal | From the reading I have done, sounds like there is wiggle room and everyone needs to find their right path. I have been primal/paleo for about two months now (maybe three?) and have kept a steady weight of 209-114. I know scales are not your friend and I have put on muscle. I do feel my waist is still the same thickness and that is frustrating. I want to get back to a true 34, or less. And I want this yesterday.

A bit more about my history in case anyone's reading | I was skinny most of my life weighing in around 140-145 at 6.2. I could eat anything and not workout. Then around 24 the weight starting to accumulate and the increased waistline. With a sedentary desk life, fast forward 10-15 years and I ballooned up to 260 at my worst. I was eating total garbage (often Pizza Hut and Wendy's and the like). No limits, lots of binging, lots of sugar and carbs. I eventually went to a nutritionist that put me on what turns out to be a low carb plan. He had me on bars and shakes 3 times a day, where I eventually got to making my lunch and dinner (eating roughly every three hours - 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm). The meals I prepared were 4-6 oz protein, 1/2-3/4 cup carb (usually wild rice, or sweet potato), and then as many greens/green veggies as I wanted with home made dressing (evoo/vinegar/mustard/honey).
    On this plan I lost 50 lbs (over two attempts with a stint in grad school delaying my results). I've never been able to really push below 210. I want to get back to at least 180 (I think). Really I want the thin waistline. Lean muscle is good so if I stay higher in weight that doesn't bother me so much. I have been fiddling with the paleo plan for awhile. Not wanting to be on bars and shakes anymore, paleo/primal seems to offer a way to segue off of my nutritionists' plan. I just haven't found the right balance of things as I continue to experiment and read. Any suggestions are warmly welcomed. Thank you.

meeme is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Pennsylvania, USA

Age (If you want): 65

How Primal are you: I'm pretty new but from what I'm reading I'm right there.

Do you consume dairy: No...I make ghee for vegetables or other uses, nothing else.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, I enjoy coffee and tea in all it's varieties.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health.

Favorite exercise: When I can I like riding my horses, walking, working out, lifting

Favorite Primal food: Avocado and bacon at present.

Best part about being Primal: I feel better and have more energy...plus the people here are awesome.

Worst part about being Primal: None

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hi from Down Under.

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: >90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight management. Had reached goal weight by eating low carb, but maintenance was always a problem. Motivator for staying Primal: General sense of wellbeing!! Weight management is also a breeze now.

Favourite Exercise: Gym classes using weights. Tramping in the NZ bush.

Favorite Primal food: All of it really, but I will put in a plug for eggs, bacon, cream.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great, looking young, fit and healthy. Eating the food.

Worst part about being Primal: Wishing others close to me would catch on for their own benefit.

Trojan is offline Member
    Hello there

Your location:Austin, TX

Age (If you want):37

How Primal are you: 85/90%

Do you consume dairy: Only the occasional treat

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both in pure form

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, health. Still not getting the results I want but I'm also not 100% primal. Time to flip the switch.

Favorite exercise: Tire flips and boxing

Favorite Primal food: Shredded pork with avacado

Best part about being Primal:Yumy food, feeling good..hopefully weight loss soon.

Worst part about being Primal: Social gatherings where people pressure or judge.

Kimber415 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Clear Lake, Iowa

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: Just starting out....need advice

Do you consume dairy: I have been....should I stop?

Do you drink coffee or tea: Hot tea/no sugar or milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: loose weight/ get healthy Reading the materials I have all the CW symptoms....overweight, arthritis, diabetic (almost), on meds for cholesterol, triglycerides, blood pressure, clinically obese (although just lost about 14 pounds, goal is 62 pounds lost total.

Favorite exercise: Biking, walking, want to try more "fun" sports...love lifting but not sure where to start. Tried roller blading last night, thought that sounded fun but need different skates

Favorite Primal food: not sure what all is considered primal yet...what can I eat besides meat

Best part about being Primal: Energy....I had a steak and tomatoe slices for dinner last night and couldn't figure out what to do with all the extra energy, I wasn't hungry the rest of the night. Thus I tried roller blading

Worst part about being Primal: Newbie here...ask me once I get going with this. Really want to know what to eat, what a typical day and week looks like. Guess I'd probably have to say no pasta will eventually hit me.

Need advice....where to start....really excited. Down 14 pounds month one, now month two want to go tribal and see how I feel....feeling very positive.

ajr1977 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Columbus, NE

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Iím probably about 90% primal

Do you consume dairy: A dollop of heavy whipping cream in my coffee, some cheese and butter of course

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee every morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have tried going primal several times and have fallen off the wagon (in a big way) every time. However, I also am horrified that I weigh the most in my life that I have ever weighed (except when I was pregnant of course). I also feel really old every day with lots of aches and pains and realize a BIG change needs to be made. I am giving it another shot because the number on the scale really scared me and my pants donít fit very well. I also have hypothyroidism, so that has made losing weight challenging Ė I am just hoping that being primal lets me feel like me again!

Favorite exercise: Walking! Not really exciting, but gotta start somewhere!

Favorite Primal food: Italian sausage stuffed mushrooms

Best part about being Primal: Lots of delicious things to eat and I rarely feel hungry! Iím even learning to realize when Iím full! It is soooo easy to overeat when consuming boatloads of carbs, but not eating primally.

Worst part about being Primal: I havenít converted my husband and he brings home lots of things that tempt me.

ajr1977 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Kimber! I've been lurking on MDA for about 18 months now, but am attempting to really live the lifestyle and I'd love to have a buddy to share the journey with. Email me at ajracine1977@gmail.com if you feel like mentoring one another!
    P.S. I am a 35-year old female!

Thanks!

~Rowdy~ is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Calgary, AB

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: 0% start 09/03/12

Do you consume dairy: yes! Cheese and yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea (mostly green)

Motivator for switching to Primal: My brother and wanting a lifestyle change.

Favorite exercise: Three way tie between kickboxing, mountain biking or snowmobiling

Favorite Primal food: My brother made me the bacon mushroom dip and that stuff is AMAZING!

Best part about being Primal: Don't know yet

Worst part about being Primal: Probably going to be no beer