Page 419 of 631 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420421429469519 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 6309

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 419

Ottawa is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone! I have been lurking for about a month, getting into the Primal groove, and I am excited to start posting!

Your location: Ottawa, Ontario

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: 80% and working on 90-ish %

Do you consume dairy: I can really only eat cheese in moderate amounts, and I stick to goat's milk cheese when I have it. All other dairy (butter, milk, yogurt) gives me a pretty severe skin reaction. Boo! I have also recently developed a pretty severe reaction to eggs.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yep. Typically one black coffee a day, and herbal tea. Caffeine doesn't do much for me.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Been actively struggling w/my weight for 10 years. Even as a child I always craved protein and could have cared less about starches and grains...this way of life just makes sense. I had also been struggling with inflammation and other symptoms, and Primal seems like the answer.

Favorite exercise: Zumba Pure play for me. I also enjoy my twice weekly weights workout with my workout buddy.

Favorite Primal food: All of it...I love pretty much all meat and veggies plus in-season fruit.

Best part about being Primal: The feeling of mental clarity and being in control of my appetite.

Worst part about being Primal: The occasional siren call of non-Primal foods. When answered, I tend to feel pretty sick now...
    Last edited by Ottawa; 08-26-2012 at 07:59 AM. Reason: typos

Trixie600 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Westminster, MD

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Just starting to roar today!

Do you consume dairy: Previously quite a bit, trying to cut it back.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Neither.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My husband wants to lose weight and I want to cut out sugar (I have a horrible sweet-tooth). I don't need to lose weight, just tone and eat healthy.

Favorite exercise: Running, cardio, pilates, yoga, just about anything that makes me move!

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: It fits the way I like to eat anyway... eat when I am hungry, don't feel stuffed, and be able to read and understand all the ingredients.

Worst part about being Primal: Yeah, those caramel candy bars don't fit the plan...

mzlldr is offline Junior Member

Greetings from Missouri

Hi into primal for a couple of weeks now.
    Terry

Your location:St. Louis

Age (If you want):59

How Primal are you:90%

Do you consume dairy:Very little.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I like the primal food and it just makes sense.

Favorite exercise:Biking

Favorite Primal food: Steak!!!

Best part about being Primal: I feel better.

Worst part about being Primal: Miss ice cream...

Pvt. Lup is offline Junior Member
    Howdy to all the folks that still check this thread.

Found out I was allergic to gluten and made the switch to whole foods, did that track for 6 weeks then started to go Paleo and now moving to Keto since I really don't like how react to any carbs.

Your Location: middle of VA

Age (if you want to):36

How Primal Are You: 90%

Do You Consume Dairy?: yes butter, full fat sour cream and cheese

Do You Drink Coffee or Tea?: almost never, only had one cup in 3 months and I made that Bulletproof

Motivator for switching to Primal: Being diagnosed with gluten allergy loosed the old check book enough for me to do it.

Favorite exercise: ??? I like to move heavy things, right now core training and stretching

Favorite Primal food: Bone marrow and then hard boiled eggs for that easy snack.

Best part about being Primal: I feel better.

Worst part about being Primal: finding other sources of fat other the dairy.

Moe Pounz is offline Junior Member
    Your location: St. Louis, MO

Age (if you want to): 52

How Primal are you: New arrival still scanning the landscape.

Do you consume dairy: Primarily milk and cottage cheese in whey protein shakes/smoothies.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee on weight training days. Tea otherwise. Matcha frequently.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Clean eating to confront blood pressure and cholesterol concerns, while building lean muscle mass.

Favorite exercise: Squats

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: The recipes seem simple.

Worst part about being Primal: Complete adherence is unlikely for me.

neenat is offline Junior Member

Smile Hopeful in TN and CA! :-)

Hi! I'm so happy to be here. I've been primal for 9 days and embarked upon this journey to try to relieve my all over body pain that I have been plagued with for 20 years. I am very hopeful! I have found going primal to be an easy transition. I am amazed at how much BETTER organic food is! Who knew!? YOU ALL DID! LOL!
    K.. I'm off to answer the obligatory intro questions... Thank you.. Nina

Your location: I live way out in the country in TN on 20 acres with my husband, my 2 dogs and my cat. I also have a home in CA where my 28 year son lives.

Age (If you want): 59

How Primal are you: 98% not everything is organic yet.. but working on it!

Do you consume dairy: yes... cream in coffee, greek plain yogurt, whole milk, but not a whole glass like I used to.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes.. I have one cup of coffee in the mornings.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Pain. Going primal is like a prescription for me. I do need to lose weight too, but that motivation never seems to stick... PAIN is a great motivator! I lost 6 pounds the first week!

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: Steak. Organic fruit.

Best part about being Primal: Making new recipes! It's easy and fun!

Worst part about being Primal: I'm racking my brain on this one! Probably that I didn't find this sooner.

Dotty Byrd is offline Junior Member
    Hey, greetings from England.

Your location: I live in Guildford, Surrey in England

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: Early days but completely primal. Would also be interested in exploring primal for other aspects of life such as hygiene and skin care.

Do you consume dairy: Am switching to goat milk for my 2 cups of coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Looking for a solution to Asthma which I have developed recently. Very disappointing since I gave up smoking 10 months ago. Also looking to drop 30lbs.

Favorite exercise: I walk my furbabe everyday, cycle and I like to lift weights

Favorite Primal food: Salmon and veg with chilli sauce.

Best part about being Primal: Having clear skin and feeling clean inside.

Worst part about being Primal: Not having porridge (that's oats to you) for breakfast

eatbreathelive is offline Junior Member

My Journey Starts Here...

Hello all, my name is Sky and I'm finally taking the leap and publicly announcing my intention to live Primally. My hope is that by putting this out here that it will keep me motivated and honest. I have many struggles ahead of me but I hope to take things one day at a time and make lasting positive changes and it starts here. I look forward to meeting like minded individuals and reading your successes and struggles. It is my hope to find the support I need to create the amazing, positive, primal life that I want to lead!

The Questions:

Your location: Bellevue, WA

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: today I start the 21-Day Transformation Challenge but I have dipped my toes in and I have been experimenting for quite some time.

Do you consume dairy: Very little, cheese being the major offender, but I am looking to be dairy free for my 21-day challenge to see how I look and feel.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both and in large quantities! This is another area I am looking to change. I would like to slowly wean myself off of the caffeine as I know it is affecting my cortisol and blood sugar issues as well as my adrenal and reproductive health.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm sick and tired if being sick and tired. I have been diagnosed with adrenal burnout, reproductive health issues, and Im sadly overweight. I previously had thyroid cancer which has left my body with many negative side effects from mismanaged medication and a lack of thyroid. But my biggest reason, I want to be truly and finally free of my eating disorder. Having an eating disorder has slowly been killing me from the inside out and I'm finally ready to let it go. I can't live like this any longer and I don't want to. I want life! I want passion! I want freedom!

Favorite exercise: Yoga! Followed closely by walking and exploring the world on foot. I recently started hiking to get myself back out into nature.

Favorite Primal food: I don't really know yet although bacon is definitely in the top running.

Best part about being Primal: Again, I don't really know yet. I haven't managed to be and stay Primal for more than a few days which is why I am finally posting this to the community for support and health, but I have hope and I will keep getting up, dusting myself off and trying again until I make a change. I believe whole heatedly that this is the direction that I need to go and I will succeed dammit!

Worst part about being Primal: Making the transition. As of yet I can't seem to make it past the initial hurdle from binging on sugar to eating Primally. Any help, support, thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated. I hope to find the support and motivation I need from this community and I'm looking forward to being a part of it.

Ive made a promise to myself that I will start a transformation journal today so please come see me there. I welcome everyone's thoughts, ideas and feedback. Anything to help make this transition happen! I cannot continue to die a slow death. When one reaches this point in their lives they become and open book. Well I am finally becoming that open book. I welcome any support , encouragement and even tough love. Join me. And thank you for providing this community to share.

Sky
    "The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step..." ~ Laozi

sheri81428 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Colorado

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you:

Do you consume dairy: Not usually

Do you drink coffee or tea: Unsweetened green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Had eaten basically primal from 2003-2008 and gradually started eating carbs and it's out of control; need to get back to eating mainly protein.

Favorite exercise: horseback riding, snowmobiling, hiking

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: More energy, feel better, no bloating or joint pain

Worst part about being Primal: Getting back on track but really after eating, as a lifestyle for five years before getting off track I didn't find anything bad about it. Life just threw me off-track for a season and now I'm going back to healthy eating lifestyle.

So glad to have found PB. Back in 2003, I had just created my own way of eating taking info from carbohydrate addicts, atkins, zone, etc.

h3th3r71 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The Questions:

Your location: Portland, OR

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Fairly Primal.

Do you consume dairy: Some -- aged cheese, organic half and half

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Eating grains (wheat) made me feel like I had tacks plucking at my stomach lining.

Favorite exercise: Various ones

Favorite Primal food: Beef. Rare. Grilled. Bacon.

Best part about being Primal: Beef. Rare. Grilled. Bacon.

Worst part about being Primal: Is there one? I got to have bacon back in my life regularly.

-- Heather