Page 418 of 625 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468518 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 6244

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 418

MrsJenx is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi! I've been prowling around the forums for a while, figured it was time to introduce myself.

Your location: Akron, OH

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Good weeks I'm around 90/10. Bad weeks I'm... not.

Do you consume dairy: Oh my yes. Butter, cream in my coffee, greek yogurt (full fat when I can find it), and all kinds of cheese. Raw when I find it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee - a cup or two in the morning. I've done bulletproof on fasting days but find I actually only need cream or half and half to get me through the morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: my husband had a coworker who was "eating like a caveman" which led him to finding MDA. We both started reading the website and everything just made sense! I have a lot of weight to lose and I'm one of those people who seems to gain with every diet. I'd like to look better naked and we'd also like to start a family soon, so a healthier weight for pregnancy is my main goal.

Favorite exercise: I love to exercise! I just got a new bike so that's my current favorite. I also like boxing and walking/jogging.

Favorite Primal food: Guacamole! and of course bacon.

Best part about being Primal: My only other serious success at weight loss involved eating 5-6 small meals a day - keeping those meals small was nearly impossible, but I got into a mindset that I needed to eat every few hours or suffer tremendous cravings and hunger. Eating primally leaves me feeling satisfied - I don't fear missing a meal. I don't have the afternoon carb/sugar crash. And I have so much energy, eating food that is truly delicious.

Worst part about being Primal: The downsides are purely social - we have truly made a sport of eating and drinking big. It's been hard to break the habits. I think it will fade but right now giving up pizza and beer binges feels sad.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Hi! I found MDA from a recipe posted in the LoseIt forums. I've been lurking a while and learned a lot.

Your location: Delaware

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: In process. I have moved from increasing protein and fat to sourcing better quality food. Probably 80% if you don't consider quality? I am not stressing over adherence yet.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Probably won't give it up.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee - 16 oz extra dark plus 8 oz grocery 2% milk every morning. I'm planning to move to whole and then 1/2 and 1/2. Heavy cream sounds blech, so we'll see. I do like the feeling of not eating anything more til lunch, so that may be a motivator to max the fat. Raw looks like 1.5 hr drive, but I am still looking.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Transitioning rather than switching. I feel amazing. Don't know if it's elimination of most processed foods or reduced carbs, but the pounds are steadily dropping and it's not been all that hard.

Favorite exercise: None!! Well, I've discovered I do like kayaking, so that's something, I guess. I don't mind a brisk walk at lunch time. I need to suck it up and do some strength training. It's on the list, lol.

Favorite Primal food: Not sure. Bacon or sausage and eggs are yummy. Veggies with butter, coconut oil or olive oil are too.

Best part about being Primal: I feel amazing! My mood is so much better! Pounds are steadily dropping.

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure. I'm still getting all my ducks in a row. If some "rules" don't work for me, I'll probably "break" them.

MistyP is offline Junior Member

Greetings!

Your location: Iowa

Age (If you want): Turning 33 next month!

How Primal are you: More and more every day.

Do you consume dairy: For the moment, yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, but tea primarily. I'm wary of getting addicted to caffeine so I will go weeks without having any coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Primarily health, then weight loss.

Favorite exercise: Walking.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon!!!

Best part about being Primal: It is simply FUN!

Worst part about being Primal: Going to bed at 8:30, and supposed to not have any TV for two hours before that...this wouldn't bother me, but it is really important to my hubby to share some screen time in the evening.

-

I've been on a health and weight loss journey for a long time, like many of us. At my heaviest I was a tad over 300 pounds (I don't know the exact number). I'm a 5'11" female. I dropped down to 170 about a year and a half ago, but gained back about 30 pounds. Now I'm searching more for health than weight loss. So far I have been thrilled with doing primal and low carb. I'm dreading the coming midwest winter, though. I have three young children, and I work full time at a desk job.

tracy_77 is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone. I'm glad to finally have found something that may just work!

Your location: Manitoba, Canada

Age (If you want): 35

Do you consume dairy: yes....but its not skim anymore, there is no cereal and milk anymore either

Do you drink coffee or tea: occasionally and I do love my Starbucks lattes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Diabetes and cancer run in the family. My dad just passed at the end of 2010....he had both. Observing the way he ate and the current research out there about high sugar/carb diets I think my dad was literally eating himself sick. I want my kids to be safe and healthy. I want to be healthy too!

Favorite exercise: well it used to be cronic cardio and running but now I've slowed it down to enjoy walking, yoga and the occasional spin class.

Favorite Primal food: Steak.....and pork bbq ribs .... drool!

Best part about being Primal: no counting calories, no counting points, and BEST of all NO low fat, no fat crap!

Worst part about being Primal: Still having those wicked sugar cravings......and sometimes I just miss that toasted white bread smoothered in butter or butter and strawberry jam.......and of course pie.....blueberry pie!

One step at a time though. One thing I have noticed is that when I do revert back to my high carb eating ways - it just doesn't taste as good and I just don't feel good after eating those old favourites. Sometimes I've been sick for the whole day afterwards so more often than not its just worth having it!

PrimalMama is offline Senior Member
    Hrm. Well, I've already done a lot of lurking and some posting even though I knew darn well I was supposed to introduce myself here first, so here it is (better late than never?)

Your location: New York, NY

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: 80-90% - some days 100%

Do you consume dairy: yes. grass-fed butter, raw cheeses, and I don't sweat it if something contains a cheese/dairy

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, when I do, it's organic tea, upgraded coffee from bulletproof exec or espresso

Motivator for switching to Primal: It falls in line with the direction I've been headed in eating my entire life. I have excess weight from pregnancy and not breastfeeding (baby was full-term stillborn, died during labor), then over-consuming junk as I tried to make sense of life.

Favorite exercise: gymnastics, though it's expensive and... harder than it used to be!
    I also love biking, swimming (not super-long endurance things for either - ew!)

Favorite Primal food: pastured steak wrapped in bacon and seared in grass-fed butter.

Best part about being Primal: health and a delicious diet... I never LIKED grains to begin with, so eating this way is intuitive.

Worst part about being Primal: social interactions and peer pressure. I don't even LIKE non-chocolate sweet things, so it's not hard to turn down cake, doughnuts, pie, junk food, etc. especially if it's store bought, based on the merits of the food. But the "c'mon, you've GOTTA have some"... I was presented with a whole tray of mini-cupcakes for my own birthday a few years ago and everyone else refused to eat until I wolfed one down. *smh* I was having a hard enough time with the fact that too much attention was being paid to me (the act of the cupcakes being brought) already... being pressured to eat something I didn't want (on MY "special day" nonetheless!) was just... ARGH!
    Also things like dirty looks at the grocery store when I mumble about "vegetarian fed chickens" or how I wish X product was full-fat. I was with my boyfriend at a frogurt truck (I had a bite of his "tart" flavor - meh, and still WAY too sweet) and a woman actually shuffled her child away from us when we started talking about how bad low fat is!

paleodutch is online now Senior Member
    Hi,

Do you consume dairy: No cow but goats cheese is OK

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: To test if I could improve my lungs and sinusses (Yes, it worked, looks like it was the dairy)

Favorite exercise: horseback riding

Favorite Primal food: meat

Best part about being Primal: the bonus of health improvements I was not aiming for or expecting and loosing weight without being hungry

Worst part about being Primal: figuring out dairy doesn't agree with me. I liked cheese but rather breathe easily

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    New to the forum but have been following the website for a couple of months now:

Your location: Gainesville, FL

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: I started this following the Wheat Belly way of eating and then started exploring primal. I eat lower carbs then probably many of you do because of Type II diabetes and I do eat fake sweetener (stevia or erythitol). I am about 90/10 primal.

Do you consume dairy: cheese and HWC

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink coffee. Gave it up briefly but decided I needed it

Motivator for switching to Primal: Desperation

Favorite exercise: swimming

Favorite Primal food: steak!

Best part about being Primal: Becoming healthy.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to cook all the time and spending way too much money on food.

BPQ
    BPQ is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Nashville, TN

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: Seems like 100%

Do you consume dairy: Grass fed or organic butter, heavy whipping cream on occasion, and a moderate amount of raw cheese as a treat on the weekend.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink coffee and tea. I stopped coffee for a while, but am now drinking a cup in the morning as part of IF. I drink herbal and green teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overall health. Weight loss was the original motivator but the more I read about primal living, the more it was appealing for reasons beyond weight loss.

Favorite exercise: Walking. I am also enjoying the sprints that are part of primal fitness. The planks, not so much...(though I am doing them and making great progress).

Favorite Primal food: Bacon. We are fortunate to have access to fresh high quality bacon. So good.

Best part about being Primal: Overall health. I am about six weeks in and the results are great so far. I feel like I have been let out of prison (the prison of SAD and Chronic Cardio).

Worst part about being Primal: I miss Pho.

PaleoEric is offline Junior Member
    Your location: MD

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: 50% and working on it

Do you consume dairy: Cheese is pretty much it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee twice a week and unsweetened tea twice per month (averages)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I don't want to die a slow, painful, early death due to disease brought on with a SAD diet.

Favorite exercise: Basketball

Favorite Primal food: Bacon!

Best part about being Primal: I feel better!

Worst part about being Primal: I miss the all-I-can-eat-grain-fest at Taco Bell. :-) (I don't really miss it!)

All of that being said, I'm pretty excited to be here. I'm signed up for PrimalCon 2013 and it will be my first. That makes my goal in life to get in the best shape possible before then. I love that there's a large group of people here with the same goals and I can't wait to make some life-long Paleo/Primal friends here. Much love!

NinjaNina is offline Junior Member
    Hello

Your location: London, UK

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Aspiring for 100%.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal tea at the moment but will drink coffee with cream if I ever fancy it

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fed up with cravings, eating all the time never satisfied and feeling bloated. Weight loss

Favorite exercise: I love walking

Favorite Primal food: LOTS! Chicken skin on, salmon, vegetables, blueberries, nuts

Best part about being Primal: Sustained stable level of energy, feeling fuller for longer, no bloating even after a big meal!
    The realistic approach with 100-80 rule rather than a Nazi all or nothing approach

Worst part about being Primal: I haven't found one yet.