Hello everyone

Your location:
    Los Angeles

Age (If you want):
    Soon to be 17! (November)

How Primal are you:
    I'm just starting out. Soon to be fully

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes, some cream and a little cheese on my eggs, but I'm trying to phase as much out as I can.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Tea on occasion.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Weight loss (about 35 lbs., I have been overweight since I was a kid), muscle gain, help with my insulin, more energy, general better health.

Favorite exercise:
    I love cardio bar, running/jogging, hiking, kayaking, and rock climbing, among other things.

Favorite Primal food:
    Coconut oil, I could eat it off the spoon!

Best part about being Primal:
    No insulin crash after eating. Plus the butter.

Worst part about being Primal:
    I'm a bit of a foodie, so probably not being able to try EVERYTHING I want to when I go someplace noted for it's food. A good example is some of the food trucks in my area. There's one truck that just sells lobster themed foods - I can try the lobster bisque, because that's Paleo. But the lobster bun, pastry, battered lobster, that's all off limits. As well as most deserts.

Cornemuse is offline Junior Member
    Hello, I'm new here, and really enjoying the ride. I feel so much better, no bloating, no indigestion, and in two weeks I have lost a staggering 13 lbs with no effort.

I live in Essex, England UK, around 30 miles or so from London.

I'm an obese 63 year old lady who should have known better.

It's only been two weeks, but so far I only have a bit of milk in my tea or coffee (I drink one cup of coffee each day and perhaps 2/3 cups of tea) and occasionally a small amount of cheese (too hard to cut it out completely, but I've cut down my cheese consumption considerably)

I wanted to find a healthier diet which was adaptable, not regimented - and the no-grain thing made sense to me as I'd lost a fair bit when I cut out bread a year or so ago (though I fell off that wagon!) but now that the pasta, rice and potatoes have gone, wow!

Exercise is tricky for me, especially at present. I have an infection in my leg (on antibiotics) and a good deal of pain, also awaiting surgery for badly ingrown toenails which have been made worse by the surgical stockings I've been recommended to wear for years. I've had a lot of surgery on my left leg since childhood, bone grafts, leg reconstruction etc. due to congenital dislocated hip, and the repeated surgery has badly affected my lymphatic system. My job is also sedentary. But I do walk as much as I can, and am already feeling the benefits of weight loss, so hopefully things can only get better. And I'm seriously considering a pair of those Vibrams to try and improve the condition of my feet, I love padding around in bare feet at home anyway.

I'm really enjoying all the recommended Primal foods - a gorgeous bit of wild rock salmon last night - yum - with a salad. And permission to eat macadamia nuts! I'd always shunned them because every diet book I've ever read forbade them because of their fat content.

The best things about being Primal has been feeling so much better, the tasty food and not feeling guilty about what I'm eating.

Worst part about being Primal? I know it's only two weeks, but I haven't found it yet .....

Thank you so much for all the information and encouragement of this interesting site. I'm so glad I found this community

credopops3 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: California

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: Beginning

Do you consume dairy: Not anymore

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: My BIG Gut

Favorite exercise: Cross fit

Favorite Primal food: Chicken/meat

Best part about being Primal: How healthy I feel

Worst part about being Primal: Non so far

Antiochia is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Wisconsin

Age (If you want): 59

How Primal are you: Beginning

Do you consume dairy: Yes -- Mainly as cheese, yogurt, or cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, also I hope to have more energy, and to lower my cholesterol. My last test this week showed it is still high, but mainly because my good cholesterol (HDL) has really shot up. I hope my doctor will not be concerned when I see her next week.

Favorite exercise: Mostly I just walk the dog. Sometimes we go on hour-long walks. Other than that, I am not motivated to exercise - mainly, I feel guilty for not getting other things done at home. I am hoping to find more motivation and enthusiasm to exercise -- I know in my head that it is important -- so far I just don't want to.

Favorite Primal food: Liver and onions -- which I had quit eating because I had heard there were too many toxins stored in the liver. I've started buying calves' liver again

Best part about being Primal: Well, I'm new to this, but I don't have to be afraid of eating fat and fried foods any more. My skin has stopped being dry and cracked. For the first time in years I am able to wash dishes without wearing rubber gloves!

Worst part about being Primal: Having to avoid some of the great tasting foods at our church pot-lucks! (Everyone brings their best recipes!) Of course I try to bring something primal.

skinnybacon is offline Member
    Your location: Southern California

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Newly primal, trying to be super primal

Do you consume dairynly butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee only

Motivator for switching to Primal: health and weight loss

Favorite exercise: Jogging (I know, it isn't very primal)

Favorite Primal food:Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Eating tasty food

Worst part about being Primal:how others see it

RusM is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Olympia, WA

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: I'd like to say >95% but it's probably more like 85%.

Do you consume dairy: butter only at this point.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee/tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal:in the last year or so, every time I ate carbs of any sort and particularly with gluten I took a wonderful trip to searing gas pain land later that evening.

Favorite exercise: smashing some weights!

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: I love meat! I love easy diet!

Worst part about being Primal: I am a micro brew connoisseur

As long as I stay away from carbs I haven't had a return trip to searing gas pain land! I'm also hoping to utlize the paleo eating plan to cut some fat.

ErinK is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Kansas

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: partial, so far, taking it one step at a time

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: saw Fathead, began research, was floored by what I learned, decided it was time to get healthy and get the weight off for good

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: how I feel

Worst part about being Primal:
    knowing now that it was the SAD that killed my dad years ago - can't pretend anymore that cancer just "happens" to people

Kitti is offline Junior Member
    My guy and I started following the PB 11 days ago after reading most of the book (Working my way through the rest of it still)

Your location: UK

Age (If you want):31

How Primal are you: 11 days in so on the grand scheme of things I have a way to go!

Do you consume dairy:Yup and I eat a reasonable amount of fruit still. However I am planning on dropping the quantity of both as I move forward and seeing if that has me feeling any better.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee/herbal tea. Actually looking for hot drink alternatives if you know any good ones feel free to let me know.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To eat well and stay healthy, if I drop a dress or 2 I'll be happy too.

Favourite exercise:Cycling so I think that some under walking etc

Favourite Primal food: All of it!

Best part about being Primal:Felling right in my skin, no horrid bloated feeling and my lethargy is lifting too

Worst part about being Primal: 1)Trying to understand the chemical reactions food has on our bodies, I feel like I could be studying this stuff for years and still not "get it"
    2) Over/under shopping! Still trying to work out how much to buy each shop.

jool is offline Junior Member
    Hi, brand new to the forum, and quite new to Primal. To answer some questions about myself:
    Your location: North Texas

Age (If you want): late 50's

How Primal are you: I just learned about the primal lifestyle in the last month or so.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I use a lot of butter (sauteeing) and my 'dessert' at night is a cup of coffee with a large dollop of heavy cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee - one cup in a.m., one or two in p.m. (have always been at least a 1-pot a day coffee drinker before, so this is really cutting down for me.)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health! Had some health scares about a month ago, all was fine as it turned out, and figured I did not want to take any more chances with all the junk I was consuming. Also weight loss. Must. Lose. Weight.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I can eat all the meat I want!!! I am a most definite carnivore.

Worst part about being Primal: Let's see..... I think eating out would be the 'worse' - although I can almost always find fairly primal items on the menu, I am still working on my self-discipline in ordering at restaurants.
    Last edited by jool; 08-17-2012 at 06:21 AM. Reason: left out location

DaniPani is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Anchorage, AK

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: 75-80%. I'm still having some difficulties which I'll have to post about in the nutrition forum...

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I think I need to start cutting it back big time.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yup. One cup a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was doing weight watchers and I wasn't seeing a whole lot of progress. I have PCOS and I was doing some snooping around and somehow I came to a post on MDA from a woman with PCOS and she was singing this lifestyles praises and I figured I had nothing to lose (besides some unwanted body hair and pretty bad anxiety) and plenty to gain (regular periods, yay!)

Favorite exercise: Bicycling, Hiking, Snowshoeing.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon and Eggs

Best part about being Primal: Bacon and Eggs

Worst part about being Primal: Giving up fried food. I could care less about sugar but bring on the battered, greasy foods!