Page 415 of 625 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425465515 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,150 of 6242

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 415

EBRoar is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    The Questions:

Your location: Mississippi Gulf Coast (Dirty South)

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: 14 days in fully Primal

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green or White Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to lose weight and fat but also to feel better. My "diet" of low calories/fat and high exercise caused me to go on binges and was in a constant peak/valley of weight. This lifestyle just made sense to more I researched into it.

Favorite exercise: Jogging (training for my first 1/2 marathon)

Favorite Primal food: Mmmmm butter.

Best part about being Primal: Mmmmm butter.

Worst part about being Primal: I really do not have a bad thing to say about this lifestyle. It has been fun for me; trying to get my twin 2 year old boys to being more Primal is another story I do feel like I am second guessing myself constantly during these 2 weeks (am I eating too much of this? not eating enough of that? should i feel this way? why haven't I lost weight? etc., etc.) but once I go through the Message boards, I feel better b/c it seems there are many people who started out like I am.

Wishing you all the best!!

FreeOne is offline Junior Member
    Hello! I'm a 21 year old male who is planning on starting the primal diet once I get back to school in two weeks. I'm joining these forums to learn more about how I can successfully begin the primal diet. I just bought Mark Sisson's book and everything he says makes so much sense, I don't know how I can't try the primal lifestyle!

How Primal are you: Just starting, so no idea! But I'm excited to try going 100% primal!
    Do you drink coffee or tea: I plan to drink half a cup of coffee each morning.
    Motivator for switching to Primal: Neck and joint pains, frustration with lack of energy, want to try something new.
    Favorite exercise: Swimming

Dadof10 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Lake St. Louis, MO

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: Just starting. I found this site about 3 weeks ago. Went hardcore primal for two weeks and this past week we are on vacation. I noticed low-grade headaches and extreme hunger at first. After about a week, the hunger changed and went from being something that made me want to claw your eyes out to being a friend. Having read more this week on the MDA site, I realize I was not taking enough calories. I had not added any additional fat and <50 grams of carbs (just had some watermelon or cantelope).

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I'm currently drinking shakes for breakfast and lunch. I also like whipping cream in my morning coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 2 large cups of coffee each day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have trained for and run 3 half-marathons and 1 full marathon. I lost very little weight (6' 1", about 225 lbs). Very hard for me to lose weight and impossible to keep it off. I love sweets and bread. I realize that I needed something different and found PB from another email I receive on fat loss.

Favorite exercise: Pushups

Favorite Primal food: Still working on this as I'm so new.

Best part about being Primal: Feel renewed energy and seem to be sleeping better.

Worst part about being Primal: Hunger and missing carbs (ice cream, donuts, cinnamon buns).

I did drop about 5 lbs in the 1 1/2 weeks I worked at this before vacation without the exercises. I didn't know about the exercises. I will be incorporating exercises when I return from vacation. Even though I've gone back to some carbs on vacation, I haven't eaten near as many as I have in the past. I found I have not been hungry throughout the day and have had a shake for breakfast, just a few almonds for lunch, and a normal dinner.

Looking forward to continuing in this. I can see living in this manner from now on. I think this is what will work for me.

Steve

NinaV is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sacramento, CA

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: 100% at the moment

Do you consume dairy: for now only pastured butter, I may try some fermented dairy eventually, but I'm still in the adjustment period, so I'm staying as clean as possible.

Do you drink coffee or tea: not right now, but I'm not opposed to them, just don't crave them, so I don't drink them, but I can if I want to, just don't want to now... you get the picture

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss, trying to "fix" an array of pesky little problems (eczema, migraines, erratic sleeping pattern, stress, etc.)

Favorite exercise: walking my dog (and he's not complaining either )

Favorite Primal food: grass fed beef and roasted sweet potato , drooling...

Best part about being Primal: It tastes good and feels natural

Worst part about being Primal: The wheat, corn, soy and all the other grains are ubiquitous

cramsey13 is offline Junior Member

Hi from Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by livinwout View Post
    Morning to all (at least in my part of the country),

New to the site, well as an offical blogger anyway. I am a 41, about to be 42, year old wife and mother of 2. I live in Kewaskum Wisconsin. So, unfortunately I don't get to enjoy beautiful warm weather or the sun for that matter for a large portion of the year.

I would say I'm 90% primal. I do indulge in chips at a birthday party when there is one. I am gluten intolerant so I've been gluten free for over 3 years now. But just recently, for about 2 months I've given up all grains, including the "gluten free" ones. Occasionally, I'll have a table spoon of rice or a potatoe. Not common though. Makes me tired and if I do this more than occasionally I gain weight. Which, since first going gluten free I gained 8 lbs in the first year - not good. So realizing the gluten free convenience products were probably the culprit, I gave them up. And now going primal has brought me back to my lower weight. It's great!

Don't eat any dairy - constipation and acne are not my friends.

Only drink decaf coffee and herbal teas - dealing with adrenal fatigue and hormonal issues that using caffeine is like putting gasoline on a blazing fire!

My motivation to become primal is for all the above issues. Plus, I do truly believe that we are not intended to eat grains at all. Trying my damdest to avoid true disease by using my food as medicine. Family history of heart disease, diabetes and stroke. Eventhough I have all these annoying minor health issues I do indeed feel 100% better sticking to such a diet. I ALWAYS regret eating carbs. (you would think I'd learn) German heritage - I'm just sayin'.

Love to bike and swim, but unfortunately don't do much of it. I do love circut training and since watching some of Mark's primal exercise videos, have taken to even more simplistic approach. Also, not driving myself into a hole overdoing it. Have only been working out about 3 days a week. But frankly, I have 2 young kids, 2 labordor dogs, work full time, and my husband works full time and runs a hot rod building business on the side. I'm anything but just sittin around poppin bon bons.

Love chicken, with all it's fatty skin, from the grill.

Best part of being primal is it is essentially easy, I feel great and my weight is easy to maintain even since reducing my exercise.

The worst part of being primal is not all the things I'd like to eat are readily available in my neck of the woods. Eating out is a nightmare. Plus, I'd say almost everyone in my family and otherwise thinks I'm wacked. "What do you mean grains aren't intended for human consumption!" "How can you just eat meat, fruit and vegetables?" "I could never give up bread".

I'm in for life
    HI! I'm also from the mid-west and can relate to a lot of your statements. Full time jobs plus side businesses and two stepkids (11 and 13). We keep ourselves busy. Really enjoying the lifestyle although, like you, eating out can be miserable. I've learned to deal with it! Almonds have become my best friend. Eating breakfast is the most challenging part. I also don't beat myself up if I don't do my Denise Austin every morning. I did lose 24 pounds in 3 months and am hoping to lose another 24 by Christmas. I am graduating in May with my MBA and really want to look and feel slim...haven't been THAT in forever...I'd like to blame my Polish/Danish heritage, but I know better now. Keep in touch...would love to encourage each other on this journey!!!

Cate

Catrin is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Central Indiana

How Primal are you: In the process, just cut out all grains

Do you consume dairy: Yes, though I am decreasing the amount. I plan on doing dropping this in a few weeks.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: To drop excess body fat and foster increased fitness and overall health, my weight is close to optimal but not my BMI.

Favorite exercise: Mountain Biking, Cycling, functional training

Best part about being Primal: Too new to know yet

Worst part about being Primal: See above!

Wendel is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Niagara Region, Ontrario, Canada

Age (If you want): 51 almost

How Primal are you: Been a low carber for more than 10 years but this Primal is still new but I would say I am mostly primal.

Do you consume dairy: yes, butter, yougurt, cream , cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee and tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: It seems to be a better defined adn more scientific approach than just low carb.

Favorite exercise: HIIT, Biking and strength training.

Favorite Primal food: Big juicy rib eye steak rare.

Best part about being Primal: Being healthy with none of the common age related problems that most people experience.

Worst part about being Primal: walking through the bakery section in the grocery store and having to walk away.

ketoheaded is offline Junior Member
    Hi all,

I'm here to learn about primal/ketogenic. Would love to lose 20 pounds, but moreso, I have migraines and am hoping this diet will heal me.

Your location: Chicago

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: Going for 20 carbs per day to achieve a keto metabolism

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Migraines, metabolic syndrome

Favorite exercise: Weights

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: We'll see

Worst part about being Primal: No toast

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickizee View Post
    Hello! Yay, my first post!
    I live in southern CA and am 53 (!) years young. Right now I would say I'm 100% primal. I've just come off a whole 30 challenge and am still following that plan (except for the honey I added to the granola I made) I don't consume dairy (but I may soon) and I definitely drink coffee! I love the health benefits from eating this way. I no longer take cholesterol meds and my numbers are spot on! My favorite exercise is no exercise but if I have to name one, I'd say walking. As far as fav primal food, I guess it depends on my mood. I made some wonderful granola and am thrilled to have cereal for breakfast (with almond milk)
    Best part about primal is trying new foods I would never have eaten before. The worst part is all the prep I have to do for all meals. Well, I hope my post isn't a snooze fest. Thanks for reading!
    Welcome Vickizee, please do post any questions you might have in the threads that interest you or apply to your situations. I lurked here for a long long time w/out ever posting. Once I jumped in, things moved much faster/better for me primally speaking.

Ok, hey, you just finished whole 30 challenge, congrats!

So what kind of granola are you enjoying making & having with your breakfast. My mom would love to have a primal granola that approximates but trumps the old store bought stuff...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

froggie is offline Member
    Hi there,

I've been aware of MDA for several years, but it seems that reality has just sunk in and I am ready to commit! I did not realize grain could be that bad. I'm here to find out "how bad". Read all the amazing stories here, want to feel great too!
    (I just posted a little intro thread)

Your location: Washington DC area

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: I'm all in (day 4!). 100%. My motto is No Grain / Full Fat. (never was totally on the SAD regimen, but are the French eating habits much better?)

Do you consume dairy: you bet!

Do you drink coffee or tea: occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: want to be the healthiest I can and tone up/lose body fat

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: EGGS!!!

Best part about being Primal: Seems like food already tastes better, or is it me? Can 4 days really matter that much?

Worst part about being Primal: No morning cereals, baguette, French pastries...

Adopted the Primal lifestyle on: August 9 2012.
    My sporadic journal entries are here.

Results to date: I've lost (gained?) one belt hole!