Page 414 of 600 FirstFirst ... 314364404412413414415416424464514 ... LastLast
Results 4,131 to 4,140 of 5998

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 414

Vickizee is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hello! Yay, my first post!
    I live in southern CA and am 53 (!) years young. Right now I would say I'm 100% primal. I've just come off a whole 30 challenge and am still following that plan (except for the honey I added to the granola I made) I don't consume dairy (but I may soon) and I definitely drink coffee!

I love the health benefits from eating this way. I no longer take cholesterol meds and my numbers are spot on! My favorite exercise is no exercise but if I have to name one, I'd say walking. As far as fav primal food, I guess it depends on my mood. I made some wonderful granola and am thrilled to have cereal for breakfast (with almond milk)

Best part about primal is trying new foods I would never have eaten before. The worst part is all the prep I have to do for all meals.

Well, I hope my post isn't a snooze fest. Thanks for reading!

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Tropical Florida

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Starting out

Do you consume dairy: Not straight up milk, but cheese and sometimes yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Husband looking for a new diet

Favorite exercise: Pilates (used to do gymnastics/dance so I don't feel like I work out unless I'm pointing my toes)

Favorite Primal food: Not sure yet

Best part about being Primal: Having more energy

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain it to other people

MamaJ7205 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New York State

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: just starting out...so maybe 75%?

Do you consume dairy: yes. whole fat greek yogurt, whole milk in my coffee, sometimes cheese and ice cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes! with raw honey and whole milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal: my kids. I want them to grow up in a healthy attitude about food house....and I'd really like to fix some of my stomach issues.

Favorite exercise: Hiking or long walks with my family.

Favorite Primal food: avocado hands down.

Best part about being Primal: not there yet! but I do love that when my daughter asks "what is this made out of?" I can say "it's just that...grapes are grapes, bananas are bananas"

Worst part about being Primal: I love breads and baked goods....an cutting them out feels incredibly daunting.

TheBross is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Once you become fully fat adapted, you can make & enjoy your own home made primal Reese' Pieces or Reese' Cups...
    I'm looking forward to that - I need to get my head around eating dark chocolate again, but I imagine a primal version would be delicious

TNWolf is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Tennessee

Age (If you want):soon to be 45

How Primal are you: I started converting to Primal in Feb 2012. In the past 3 months I would say I have been at 95% Primal

Do you consume dairy:Just Heavy Cream with coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:I have Celiac and after a bad reaction to some gluten free crud and worsening health, I found out a GI Dr in Chicago was advocating Celiac's follow a diet of unprocessed meat, vegetables, and fruit, due to so many Celiac's having problems with a gluten free diet....I was curious enough to give it a try.

Favorite exercise: Walking in the mountains, riding my motorcycle.

Favorite Primal food: mmmmmm meat in all it's wonderful forms!!!

Best part about being Primal: Doing my n=1 to optimize my health, it appeals to the scientist in me.

Worst part about being Primal: Finding safe places eat.

uni
    uni is offline Junior Member
    Hello!!

Your location: London (south east)

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: 1 year on and off. Started off very well, fell off bandwagon about 3 months ago but getting back into the swing of things

Do you consume dairy: cheese more than I feel i should

Do you drink coffee or tea: nope

Motivator for switching to Primal: wanting to be the healthiest person i can be.

Favorite exercise: burpees!! (perhaps not favourite, but gives me the greatest sense of reward after completing 100!)

Favorite Primal food: all meats, eggs, avocados

Best part about being Primal: eating the foods i love and feeling fitter for it

Worst part about being Primal: living with others who aren't primal- being surrounded by carbs!! grrr

DivineOblivion19 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: South Suburbs of Chicago

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: I've been Primal for a month now and feel that I'm doing quite well.

Do you consume dairy: I've cut out milk but I'm occasionally eating greek yogurt and I love cheese so that's definitely not getting cut out, but I'm trying to cut back.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: My mother and her brother were both diagnosed with Celiac Disease 2-3 years ago. They both have a plethora of health problems between them and now we know it's essentially due to their gluten allergy. I've not had clinical signs of intolerance or Celiac but I told my mom I was just going to be gluten free. I've been obese my entire life and have never had any energy. I've felt like I was in a haze forever. So I needed to do something drastic. Plus, my dogs are raw fed. I finally decided to feed myself as well as I feed my dogs.

Favorite exercise: Walking my 6 dogs. I do it in 3 different shifts. It takes a while, as you could imagine.

Favorite Primal food: Recently it's been the amazing Portobello mushrooms I've been cooking. But I absolutely love making brussel sprout chips. Salty buttery goodness. Ok and the almond butter I made... yeah it's too hard to choose LOL

Best part about being Primal: Salt, I love that since I'm not eating processed foods, I can add salt to my foods now. I used to go without, in most cases.

Worst part about being Primal: Pizza. I love me some Chicago Pizza.

I started a month ago and I feel so good I don't know what to do with myself. I've lost 18# and am already down 2 pants sizes. I've been telling everyone I know about it and hoping they want to join me. My Aunt just completed her first week and is doing well!! I just want everyone to know about being Primal!

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Perth, Australia

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: I'm still learning about it and probably only a small part primal so far.

Do you consume dairy: With my tea and coffee, yoghurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Just the urge to be a healthier person.

Favorite exercise: Hmmmm don't have one yet. I do like a nice walk though.

Favorite Primal food: I really like the user submitted Primal Banana Pancakes. And so did the kids.

Best part about being Primal: I guess I'll find out when I get into it properly.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss bread!

DorothyWallace is offline Junior Member
    Your location: North Bergen, NJ

Age (If you want):47

How Primal are you: I just read the book and started a week ago. Trying to keep carbs between 50 and 100 grams.

Do you consume dairy: yes. love fage yogurt. just switched to whole milk fage. eat raw cheese when I can

Do you drink coffee or tea: decaf tea and coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: lost about 40 pounds logging my food in dailyburn, working out hard, watching carbs, but couldn't get below 140. Trying this to see if it works.

Favorite exercise: boot camp classes, zumba, running

Favorite Primal food: love a big salad

Best part about being Primal: don't feel hungry

Worst part about being Primal: I used to be a vegetarian so I feel bad about eating the animals

pattyloof is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Oklahoma

Age (If you want): will be 50 in a couple weeks

How Primal are you: Not exclusively but I see the value of it.

Do you consume dairy: I'm lactose intolerant so I don't drink milk, and I can't tolerate much ice cream, but I love cheese, yogurt, butter, etc.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health. I've been moving towards the Paleo diet for a couple of years but haven't been all that successful because I love bread. I saw the movie "Fat Head" about six months ago on Netflix at the urging of my son and a lightbulb went off. It was about that time that I started feeling bad when I ate bread anyway, so that was the first to be cut back. Recently I've been sick and tired of being fat so I guess that's another motivator.

Favorite exercise: Gardening, swimming

Favorite Primal food: I love everything about pigs, they are awesome. I love meat in general, but I guess if I had to only eat one thing it would be apples.

Best part about being Primal: I pretty much love to eat so it's great that I can eat as much as I want as long as it's low carb.

Worst part about being Primal: Not eating bread. But it doesn't agree with me anymore anyway so it's okay.