Page 413 of 620 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 6197

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 413

Jlscott is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Plymouth, UK

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Just starting. Already cut out grains, bread, cereal and processed foods/sweets

Do you consume dairy: Yes but mostly yogurt and the odd drop of milk in tea.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, tea. Occasionaly (1 or 2 cups per week) of coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Hoping to cure silent reflux / burning tongue but then get the other benefits such as feeling more energetic and alert.

Favorite exercise: cycling

Favorite Primal food: Chicken and bacon

Best part about being Primal: Too soon to tell

Worst part about being Primal: When the rest of the family aren't it can be difficult - i feel like an outsider.

I'm taken aback by the community here and this is a huge reason and motivation for trying to go primal. I think without this site and all the information and support that is present I wouldn't even try.

coppertiara is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Seattle
    Age (If you want):
    How Primal are you:
    50-60%. I am not following the exercise regimen yet. I am 100% off wheat and processed food. I avoid most grains, legumes and dairy but shortly after starting the nutrition program 6 months ago I got some bad GI issues that hung around for months. I did elimination diets, added probiotic supplements and fermented foods, took parasite tests, etc. finally my (naturopath) doc suggested I add back a little oatmeal or rice each day just to see if it helped. I had some surgery recently to repair a hole in my lower GI that was a result of all the upset. Finally back to feeling more normal now in the GI department, got my nutrition to around 80/20 (I still eat a little rice and oatmeal sometimes) and am now ready to start exercising primally but - oops - broke my arm this weekend. I'll jump on another thread to ask for suggestions on how to get started with the exercise program if I can't sprint or lift anything for at least several weeks.
    Do you consume dairy: pastured butter. ice cream on occasion. cheese (but only the tasty kinds). on the whole, though, I have backed way off on these, except for the butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: black coffee, and herbal tea. no sugar

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss and general health. The philosophy makes sense to me. I have an extra 30 hanging around for the last 5 years since my last pregnancy. can't get rid of it and I've tried every (sensible) diet and exercise regimen out there including XFit, but usually I get injured before I see many results. I didn't have this problem when I was younger, though I always went up and down, if I really applied myself the weight would come off. Not anymore. Paleo diet changes have so far resulted in clothes fitting better, but less than 3 pounds net weight loss. I hope that adding in the exercise regimen will make the difference.

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: dark chocolate, macadamia nuts, eggs, sauteed leafy greens...what's not to like?

Best part about being Primal: I feel pretty even keeled in the energy department. I don't feel deprived at all. I actually prefer hamburgers without the bun, extra lettuce. At restaurants I feel like I get to eat all the good stuff and leave the nasty things in the kitchen. My meals are beautiful and delicious. It's not that hard to learn to eat this way.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss baking. Sometimes I feel guilty taking and eating more meat than the other guests at parties. Meat is expensive.

Homer is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Calgary AB. Canada

Age (If you want):52

How Primal are you: As of 3 weeks ago very primal

Do you consume dairy: Yes, love some heavy cream in my coffee, and also use some in vegetable purees

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee/Espresso

Motivator for switching to Primal: Just made sense, and I am the kind of person who likes to give everything a try before passing judgement

Favorite exercise: I enjoy most exercise, having at one point been a chronic cardio nut, I am looking forward to "lifting heavy things". My all time favorite exercise is through sport. Love to play Badminton and Squash.

Favorite Primal food: Barbecued chicken in a coconut tomato curry sauce. Haven't met a vegetable I didn't like.

Best part about being Primal: So far the best part has been the immense improvement in my joints. My knees don't hurt anymore after exercise, and the excess body fat is diminishing

Worst part about being Primal: Probably will end up being having to explain myself to my immediate family, however they have all endured my ventures into being vegetarian and at one point vegan in the past.

Broverpowerd is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Pennsylvania
    Age (If you want):
    How Primal are you:
    95%
    Do you consume dairy:
    Grass-fed cow butter
    Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Yes to both
    Motivator for switching to Primal:
    About a year ago, I weighed 270lbs, and was a powerlifter. My joints began aching constantly, and I was getting injured easily. I started doing crossfit (Keystone Crossfit Dunmore, PA) and the owner (awesome guy) said try paleo. I thought crossfit was BS, and so was this diet, but I said "What the hell, not doing anything else." 1 year later, after reading on it every day, as well as exercise, living, and enjoying life in general, I am at a comfortable 196 lbs. All my problems went away, I don't get hungry, and I feel great. I want to dedicate my time to reach their genetic potential!
    Favorite exercise:
    Squats or deads, I used to lift heavier than I do now (Still can squat over 400 though!), but slowly becoming pullups
    Favorite Primal food:
    Venison, I hunt it, I kill it, I eat it.
    Best part about being Primal:
    Feeling awesome day in and day out
    Worst part about being Primal:
    It seems like the world is constantly working against you. I mean sausage/bacon/syrup filled pancake corndogs WTF?!?!?

eskim is offline Junior Member
    Hi

Your location: London

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: probably about 70%. No grains, pulses or legumes. Organic as much as my finances will let me. Trying to figure out where to purchase grass fed meat

Do you consume dairy: the occasional cup of decaf tea with milk and full fat Greek yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea (down from 4-6 cups a day to one a day)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Insulin resistant, PCOS, cholesterol 5.8mmol/L, Obese (BMI=35.7)

Favorite exercise: not sure yet

Favorite Primal food: Meat

Best part about being Primal: I was a CW eater before low fat, whole grains, no butter, no red meat, no cream, eggs once a month but now I can have red meat and eggs

Worst part about being Primal:[/QUOTE] Disapproval, cynicism and sabotage from family, friends and work colleagues, 'oh no, she's on one of her diets again'.

voldeme is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone, super excited to finally be approved on here! I am new new new to primal living (1 week!) but so far I'm loving the change and reveling in it.

Your location: Wichita, KS

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: 75%? I've only just begun, and have almost entirely cut out grains, but my palate is still adjusting to natural sweetness so the few times I've tried a primal dessert I've ended up adding some sugar to make it edible. Whoops!

The last real "grain" item I need to give up is potato bread, which we've been buying gobs of lately, before I decided to go primal. I'm still eating the occasional turkey sandwich, but I've cut down from two sandwiches to one and I'm loading up on extra turkey.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, though I have gone to Vitamin D for milk (from Skim & 1%, my mom thinks I'm mental), and I've been using heavy cream when I want something more filling. I'm also still enjoying cheese, but I'd like to taste a raw milk variety to see if I could switch. Unfortunately, raw dairy is not particularly plentiful 'round these parts.

Do you drink coffee or tea: My big guilty pleasure lately has been an Iced Coffee drink that comes in cartons at the store, which unfortunately is loaded with sugar. I'm planning on using up what I have and trying to make something myself that's just as good.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've rarely been self conscious about my weight since I'm a pretty confident, self-assured kind of person, but I'm realizing that a lot of my attitude towards food has been really naive and uninformed. I've never dieted, but I definitely had in the back of my mind the conventional wisdom ideas that if I wanted to lose weight, I'd have to go vegetarian, or low-fat, or start counting calories, and I know myself well enough to realize that I would never stick with that in the long run. The primal blueprint is something I can definitely do, the transition has been practically painless and I'm eating more delicious foods than ever AND still losing weight, it's been melting off!

Favorite exercise: Walking/Hiking, I've embraced the "park really far away from everything" lifestyle change and it's been great so far, with the bonus that I'm getting my Vitamin D while I walk across the hot parking lot!

Favorite Primal food: Steeeeaaaaaaaak. This week, I learned how to cook a steak! Most people on here would probably retch at how "brown" mine are, but man are they tasty. Also, raw macadamia nuts are the STUFF.

Best part about being Primal: Energy! The comparison between how I feel after eating a huge bowl of pasta to how I feel after eating a big steak and a pile of vegetables is ridiculous. Also, my dad is diabetic and has been incredibly supportive of my trying out this new lifestyle, I'm hoping to eventually wean him off of grains entirely. He's just over the moon that I want to cook meat and vegetables for us every night.

Worst part about being Primal: Confusion about what to buy! Just about everything I go to purchase I'm left scratching my head, mainly because of the limited options at the grocery store. I'm still buying relatively un-primal meats, but I'm trying to work within my current budget and if an when I can afford to go more organic, I will. I like to think that the organic part is just the icing on the cake, so to speak, of eating primally, so for now I'm just happy to be eating more meat and veg, even if it isn't top quality.

Jono258 is offline Junior Member
    Morning/Evening All
    Your location: Melbourne, Australia - Originally from the UK, have been in Australia for 3 years (2yrs Brisbane/ 1yr Melbourne)

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Very strick for the first 30, now more like 60/40 (I know need to work harder!) have been doing this for 6-7 weeks so far, so still very new!

Do you consume dairy: Yes. whole milk in Morning coffee, cheese now and again.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both and green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Read Paleo Solution then found Marks Primal book, just made sense to me.

Favorite exercise: Boxing/Cardio circuit training (I know this isnt primal but like classes) - but want to get more into Lifting and more play.

Favorite Primal food: Steak followed closly by Bacon/Eggs!!

Best part about being Primal: More energy, sleep better. less bloated.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss beer/pizza

Cordof is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New Zealand

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: About 90%. Been doing it about months now

Do you consume dairy: Little bit but trying to have less each week

Do you drink coffee or tea: only herbal tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Was introduced to it by Crossfit coaches - the promise of more energy had the biggest appeal

Favorite exercise: Crossfit

Favorite Primal food: Almond Butter - favorite food ever

Best part about being Primal: More energy, better moods

Worst part about being Primal: That friends/workmates think I have an eating disorder because I am careful about what I put in my body and bring primal lunches to work instead of a pie!

heatheramara is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Kuwait

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Pretty much. I'm doing the whole30 right now, and it's working like gangbusters so I might just stay like this forever (or as much as possible in a real world.)

Do you consume dairy: Not at the moment, but I do miss yogurt and cheese. I understand you can make yogurt and yogurt cheese out of coconut milk, and I expect to be giving that a go as soon as this whole30 is over.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink a cup of black coffee, every morning. I could probably do without it, at this point, but I enjoy it so much (*cough* ADDICT *cough* PSYCHOLOGICAL DEPENDENCE *cough*) that I am not too eager to try.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to be able to live a long time, and enjoy my life. I have been searching for years for a diet/lifestyle that works for my body. It wasn't working right. It's working much better now.

Favorite exercise: Dancing.

Favorite Primal food: It's a toss-up between steak and avocado. LOVE smoothies, too.

Best part about being Primal: Not having swollen/bloated feet and hands! I used to have pitting edema in the tops of my feet and hands at the end of every day. I still retain a little bit of water in my extremities, but not anything near to what I used to. Also, I can now go up stairs without running out of breath!

Worst part about being Primal: Living in Kuwait, it's very difficult to find food that even has proper labels. Is my meat grass fed? Not a snowball's chance in hell. Are my veggies organic? Sometimes, when they are identified, I buy them, but I also buy whatever I need to to manage my family. It's a desert, man. Not a lot of pasturing land, you know? But seriously, I got used to this super-quick. It doesn't seem a pain at all. I can't wait for my coconut aminos to arrive. I really miss soy sauce in cooking, though.

Thanks, and Hello!

baylybreeze is offline Junior Member
    Hi there.

Your location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Age (If you want): 57

How Primal are you: Brand new and learning.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, attempt to get Raw dairy when possible. Plan to raise my own dairy animals in the future.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee sometimes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Maintain weight after diet.

Favorite exercise: Not sure I have one. Hope to horseback in the future.

Favorite Primal food: So far Chili

Best part about being Primal: Good food.

Worst part about being Primal: too new to know.