Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 6244

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 412

Samphis is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Lancaster, PA

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: 100%

Do you consume dairy: Rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: YES to both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, health gain

Favorite exercise: Kettlebell swing

Favorite Primal food: Bacon-wrapped salmon

Best part about being Primal: I make my own bacon

Worst part about being Primal: The looks in my vibrams, and all the while hearing that the diet doesn't work from people that have seen my transformation.

JudiPurple is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Northwest CT, USA

Age (If you want):51

How Primal are you:80/20, thus far

Do you consume dairy: Yes - have access to fresh raw milk, so make own yogurt & cheese, will try butter next

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea (iced w/stevia, mint & lime), hot herb tea w/stevia

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss, consuming foods closer to the earth... Started 7/3/12

Favorite exercise: Hiking, gardening

Favorite Primal food: Venison (but then, it's my favorite food anyhow!)

Best part about being Primal: cravings for carbs/junk food has dwindled to nearly nothing!!!

Worst part about being Primal: have yet to find that dietary balance to see the weight move in the right direction, on a regular basis.

cherry is offline Junior Member
    location-southampton nj
    age-59
    how primal are you?-75%
    do you consume dairy?-no
    do you drink coffee-tea?- coffee black
    motivator-hubby health concerns
    fav exercise-walking -
    fav primal food- protein and veggies
    best part about being primal- feel great sleep great
    worst part about being primal-nothing so far.
    been eating like this since i can remember. trying to get hubby to eat this way for his health issues. so far so good all his numbers have improved and he lost 30 lbs. he is feeling good. so thanks for this . all of this

duckhunter is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Colorado

How Primal are you: I am converting over to primal I just found out about PB.

Do you consume dairy: Yes for now but very limited aboout a cup a day

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, More tea than coffe though

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    I was always in great shape until I decided to go out and get myself a hardcore substance abuse habit and then as you can guess I lost all motivation to workout . Now, after 7 years of being clean I got a rude awakening after going to the doctor last month for some regular blood work. You see when your 320 pounds deep down you know that your not healthy but when your doctor says "You are officially morbidly obese and your lifestyle has caused you to get type 2 diabetes". Believe it or not, it is still a major shock and your heart falls into your stomach.
    Then to top it off I took the family to Elitch Gardens (which is a colorado based amusement park)last week and had to get off a ride in front of a whole crowd because I was to big and couldnt get the seat belt to fasten. That has to be the most humiliated I have ever been. Look I want to be clear here and say I am not whinning or crying about my situation, I take full responsibility for my current state of health. I am getting copy of PB tomorrow I am going primal along with riding my mountain bike and lifting I will succeed in getting this weight off and getting my Type 2 under control. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Noddy is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone, a bit about me, an English guy living in Australia, look forward to discussing stuff with you all....

Your location: Sydney Australia

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: Been at it for only 3 weeks, have strived for 100% and doing OK so far I think, not always that easy with the rest of the family to consider

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Discussed it with a work colleague who'd been primal for a few months

Favorite exercise: Sprints and move slowly frequently. I try to walk my son in a stroller and the dog about 7 Kms every morning and catch the sunrise, can't beat that!

Favorite Primal food: Too many to mention however a great piece of steak with a caprice salad would rank right up there

Best part about being Primal: Energy levels are great, from 6am through to the evening, always looking for something else to do instead of sitting on the couch and feeling buggered.
    Loosing body fat its pretty cool also

Worst part about being Primal: Haven't found a downside yet

Cheers - Noddy

Mr.C is offline Junior Member

Just trying to get started and be healthy for the first time in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: Nashville

Age (If you want):56

How Primal are you: Just getting started.

Do you consume dairy: Some...butter, cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trying to lose weight and feel better.

Favorite exercise: I have only been walk/run combo. I'm just coming off of a little heart procedure and I want to get back slowly.

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I have lost 15-20 lbs. in approx. 6 weeks

Worst part about being Primal:
    Trying to figure out what to eat. It takes me a lot of effort, so I eat the same things over and over again.

anova01 is offline Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Just relocated to Kentucky for grad school

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: 95% started in June (with some previous attempts last year foiled by financial instability).

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Grass-fed milk, plain greek yogurt, Kefir and the like.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I make my own lattes and drink tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm an evolutionary psychologist and found out about primal eating at a conference, so I'm "practicing what we preach" and getting rid of years of CW-linked weight issues (and all the lovely things that came with that).

Favorite exercise: Rock climbing. Walking with my dog.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, meat. My staples vary so much I don't have a clear favorite.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling wonderful and knowing that I'm doing something good for myself.

Worst part about being Primal: Worst part? As soon as I kick my sugar addiction it'll be no problem at all. I love eating primal.

Dynastinae is offline Member
    Your location: Sunny, Jacksonville, Fl (soon to be St. Augustine)

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Increasingly more everyday. Though I'd have to say 88.92% (give or take)

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Greek yogurt and whole milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Researching the effects of food on our bodies, particularly carbs.

Favorite exercise: Lifting, biking and swimming

Favorite Primal food: Steak. Is there another food??

Best part about being Primal: I eat whatever I want and never feel bloated or tired.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss cake.

livinwout is offline Junior Member
    Morning to all (at least in my part of the country),

New to the site, well as an offical blogger anyway. I am a 41, about to be 42, year old wife and mother of 2. I live in Kewaskum Wisconsin. So, unfortunately I don't get to enjoy beautiful warm weather or the sun for that matter for a large portion of the year.

I would say I'm 90% primal. I do indulge in chips at a birthday party when there is one. I am gluten intolerant so I've been gluten free for over 3 years now. But just recently, for about 2 months I've given up all grains, including the "gluten free" ones. Occasionally, I'll have a table spoon of rice or a potatoe. Not common though. Makes me tired and if I do this more than occasionally I gain weight. Which, since first going gluten free I gained 8 lbs in the first year - not good. So realizing the gluten free convenience products were probably the culprit, I gave them up. And now going primal has brought me back to my lower weight. It's great!

Don't eat any dairy - constipation and acne are not my friends.

Only drink decaf coffee and herbal teas - dealing with adrenal fatigue and hormonal issues that using caffeine is like putting gasoline on a blazing fire!

My motivation to become primal is for all the above issues. Plus, I do truly believe that we are not intended to eat grains at all. Trying my damdest to avoid true disease by using my food as medicine. Family history of heart disease, diabetes and stroke. Eventhough I have all these annoying minor health issues I do indeed feel 100% better sticking to such a diet. I ALWAYS regret eating carbs. (you would think I'd learn) German heritage - I'm just sayin'.

Love to bike and swim, but unfortunately don't do much of it. I do love circut training and since watching some of Mark's primal exercise videos, have taken to even more simplistic approach. Also, not driving myself into a hole overdoing it. Have only been working out about 3 days a week. But frankly, I have 2 young kids, 2 labordor dogs, work full time, and my husband works full time and runs a hot rod building business on the side. I'm anything but just sittin around poppin bon bons.

Love chicken, with all it's fatty skin, from the grill.

Best part of being primal is it is essentially easy, I feel great and my weight is easy to maintain even since reducing my exercise.

The worst part of being primal is not all the things I'd like to eat are readily available in my neck of the woods. Eating out is a nightmare. Plus, I'd say almost everyone in my family and otherwise thinks I'm wacked. "What do you mean grains aren't intended for human consumption!" "How can you just eat meat, fruit and vegetables?" "I could never give up bread".

I'm in for life

l2jperry is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Port Huron, Michigan

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: Just started out, so I would say I'm not too Primal yet. In fact I'm coming off of a 3 and a half year vegetarian diet.

Do you consume dairy: I did, but will not be anymore following this diet.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I did, but will refrain from coffee on this diet, and maybe unsweetened tea rarely.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I feel very weak, I'm 21 and can barely do 10 pushups, and afterwards my back hurts. I would like to become more fit and build muscle, I am skinny already, so I will be focusing more on building muscle than losing weight.

Favorite exercise: Like Mark, I do enjoy my ultimate frisbee, and swimming!

Favorite Primal food: This is yet to be determined as I'm just starting out... but I made this recipe this morning, and thought it was really good! Basic Spinach Quiche | Paleo Diet Lifestyle

Best part about being Primal: I feel like I'm working towards something positive, and enjoy the logic behind the diet.

Worst part about being Primal: Feeling guilty and have a hard time eating meat, this will be a gradual process for me working it in. I also miss my crangrape, apple juice, even though I know all the added sugar is terrible for you!

I'm documenting everyday in excel, and taking pictures every day to see the progress, I will be very active asking for advice and help from all of you, thank-you!