Page 411 of 638 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461511 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,110 of 6375

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 411

My Stomach Eats Me is offline Junior Member
    Hello!

The Questions:

Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: Treading lines...I exclude most of the foods on the list (except for dairy and gluten free grains...); I just need to ensure that I cook a decent meal of protein.

Do you consume dairy: Yep. But I've been going over the top on dairy this year, so I'm experimenting with eating it much less...but then I end up eating too many almonds :O

Do you drink coffee or tea: Nope, and nope. I savour my natural energy (well, it's provided by thyroid meds, but still...)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have a weird, but really interesting stomach condition which some people in science know about but don't really understand, so my diet is one great experiment which was more or less perfect last year (but not Paleo) and then went haywire this year. I have to eat every three hours, and I would really rather not regurgitate as frequently as I have been.

Favorite exercise: swimming

Favorite Primal food: I tried the paleo oatmeal... I love it!

Best part about being Primal: I feel healthy, and eating out with a stomach condition, on a Paleo diet, is actually much easier than it was when I was afraid of everything on the menu. Now I just pick the fish or meat, and it comes fairly plain which equals digestion!

Worst part about being Primal: Working out how and what to eat every three hours again...I can't follow the 'only eat when you're hungry rule'.

Opera is offline Junior Member
    Hello, friends! Looking forward to interacting with you. I am very excited about the paleo/primal life style, and I have lots of questions and maybe even some answers.

The Questions:

Your location: Portland, Oregon

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: I try to be very strict with my diet, as much as my wallet and willpower allow.

Do you consume dairy: I try to avoid it, but do not beat myself up if I consume some.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, but I am weaning myself off of it. I used to drink two pots of coffee a day (or more!), and am currently down to 1-2 cups per day in the mornings. As with any addiction, quitting is a process.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was vegan for 15 years, and doing everything "right," but began gaining more and more weight despite constant low fat dieting. After I heard about Primal/Paleo from another ex-vegan, I dared myself to try it. The excess weight began melting away, and I immediately felt considerably healthier and more energetic. The rest is history!

Favorite exercise: Yoga, long walks with my dog

Favorite Primal food: Homemade kale chips, acorn squash, chanterelles that I forage myself!

Best part about being Primal: Digestive issues have completely gone away. I used to deal with daily unpleasantness, and it miraculously disappeared, especially after I removed *BOTH* legumes and grains from my diet. I've actually tried adding back one or the other, and it does not work for me.

Worst part about being Primal: Being on a strict diet can make it difficult to enjoy eating out with family and friends. It's hard when they skeptically ask the same questions over and over about my funny "dinosaur" diet. However, researching and answering all of their questions have made me pretty smart about primal/paleo and LC, so maybe it isn't so bad.

Opera is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEscapeArtist View Post
    Worst part about being Primal: All my friends are full or aspiring vegetarians or married to vegetarians and they think I’m nuts...except maybe the 'married to vegetarians', who I think are actually a little envious. Plus I work in a field which is lousy with anti-carnivores (“Do you know what all those cow farts are doing to the planet?! We’re all going to fry and it’s your fault, you irresponsible meateater, you!).
    I can totally relate with this. Portland, Oregon is a huge vegetarian/vegan hot spot right now, and it can be difficult to not butt-up against the people around me. Because I used to be a vegan, I simply say this: "I was vegan for a long time, and then I went paleo. It's the next step."

Also, if they start talking about cow farts and you are feeling sassy, you can crack some jokes about vegan farts. A friend of mine once wrote a comic about a vegan superhero who got her way by clearing the room with classic-vegan bad gas. Her fuel: re-fried beans and dried apricots. Very funny!

TheBross is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Chatham, Ontario

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Doing really well right now while I'm on vacation... we'll see how it goes when I go back to work!

Do you consume dairy: A former milk-aholic, I found I couldn't handle yogurt anymore, got rid of the homogenized milk shortly after that. Pretty much just cheese and butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I'm trying to drink more tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, energy, weight loss

Favorite exercise: Squats and sprints

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, Butter, Sweet Potatoes

Best part about being Primal: Bacon, Butter and feeling good all the time

Worst part about being Primal: No more Reese' cups!

PrimeApe is offline Junior Member
    Your location:Oklahoma
    Age (If you want): 24
    How Primal are you: Just beginning!
    Do you consume dairy: Oh my, yes!
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Never
    Motivator for switching to Primal: To be healthier overall
    Favorite exercise: Walking
    Favorite Primal food: Salmon
    Best part about being Primal: Knowing that I am not "dieting" but eating better quality food (and just as much food) and still improving my health.
    Worst part about being Primal: I have 24 years worth of bad habits to break.

Quote Originally Posted by Opera View Post
    Also, if they start talking about cow farts and you are feeling sassy, you can crack some jokes about vegan farts. A friend of mine once wrote a comic about a vegan superhero who got her way by clearing the room with classic-vegan bad gas. Her fuel: re-fried beans and dried apricots. Very funny!
    He He. I love the superhero idea. I'll work on my vegan fart quips. Thanks for the tip! BTW when I was in Delhi after they'd launched a huge initiative to convert buses and trishaws to compressed natural gas, the CNG symbols were everywhere - including on the back of the rickshaws! Got a huge kick out of it at the time. But maybe not so far from the truth given the largely vegan diet

maryo is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timconradinc View Post
    In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your locationerry, N.Ireland

Age (If you want):50

How Primal are you:mostly

Do you consume dairy:no

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:to lose weight having witnessed a workmate do really well by going primal

Favorite exercise:kettle bells !

Favorite Primal food:eggs cooked any way !
    Best part about being Primal:its soooo easy !

Worst part about being Primal:
    havent really found anything so far to say negative

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBross View Post
    Your location: Chatham, Ontario
    Age (If you want): 25
    How Primal are you: Doing really well right now while I'm on vacation... we'll see how it goes when I go back to work!
    Do you consume dairy: A former milk-aholic, I found I couldn't handle yogurt anymore, got rid of the homogenized milk shortly after that. Pretty much just cheese and butter.
    Do you drink coffee or tea: I'm trying to drink more tea.
    Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, energy, weight loss
    Favorite exercise: Squats and sprints
    Favorite Primal food: Bacon, Butter, Sweet Potatoes
    Best part about being Primal: Bacon, Butter and feeling good all the time
    Worst part about being Primal: No more Reese' cups!
    Once you become fully fat adapted, you can make & enjoy your own home made primal Reese' Pieces or Reese' Cups...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: South Dakota

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: 95% since 12/26/2011

Do you consume dairy: heavy cream, butter & occasionally some raw cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee w/ heavy cream, coconut milk & stevia or Tulsi tea w/ coconut milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: 3 yr breast cancer survivor (not hormone driven but lifestyle & envir. driven IMO), keeping any other disease processes at bay

Favorite exercise: walking & mini tramp

Favorite Primal food: slow-cooker, fall-off-the-bone-tender roast beast (I mean beef!)

Best part about being Primal: reactions from others, improved health, no more belly-aches,

Worst part about being Primal: when I bake bread for the non-primals in my house

steffturner is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Stephanie

Your location: Saint John, New Brunswick (Atlantic Canada)

How Primal are you: I'm pretty close to 80/20 all the time. (Since April 2011)

Do you consume dairy: A shot of plain Kefir every morning. Plain greek yogurt and cheese occasionally. High fat cream in my coffee when I don't have access to my coconut oil.

Do you drink coffee or tea: 2 cups of joe every morning blended with organic virgin coconut oil. Peppermint tea afternoon and evening.

Motivator for switching to Primal: to lose 10 lbs and maximize my health.

Favorite exercise: cycling, hiking, body pump

Favorite Primal food: eggs, avocados, sardines, organic chicken liver...oh and of course BACON!

Best part about being Primal: being lean and muscular with clear skin, lots of energy and vibrant health.

Worst part about being Primal: The frustration of knowing that conventional wisdom is so flawed and watching people continue to eat the wrong things and expecting to see results.

Age: 44, 5' 2", SW: 128 lbs, CW: 118 lbs, Primal since April 2011

“Like religion, politics, and family planning, cereal is not a topic to be brought up in public. It's too controversial.“
    ~Erma Bombeck