Page 410 of 617 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420460510 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 6164

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 410

loueylewis76 is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Kansas City, Missouri

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: I am just 5 days in and I would say I am probably 90% Primal.

Do you consume dairy: Some, like hard cheeses and heavy cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Morning coffee, but I managed to cut out all sugar and Truvia usage.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight and being healthier in general.

Favorite exercise: Walking and some cycling.

Favorite Primal food: Steaks

Best part about being Primal: Enjoying foods that I otherwise thought of as not so healthy.

Worst part about being Primal: My boys. They are pretty picky. Getting them to switch over will be a challenge.

farrago is offline Junior Member
    Hi

This seems like a good idea. Quick answers

How Primal: Varies, but try to avoid starches, especially wheat, which I am allergic to.
    Dairy? Yes, cheese anyway, probably too much cheese
    Coffee or Tea: Both. Black coffee and blue or green tea. Dislike most black tea.
    Motivation: Losing weight, better health, mitigate osteoarthritis; have had success before with low-carb
    Favorite Exercise: Sprints, kayaking, skiing
    Favorite Primal Food: Leg of lamb
    Best part: Overall feeling of well-being
    Worst part: Can be awkward given Oxbridge dining and drinking culture. We make play time look like work!

JL22 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Middlesbrough, England, UK

Age (If you want): 19

How Primal are you: Not very, primal newbie here, looking to adopt the lifestyle more and more.

Do you consume dairy: Trying to cut down, but I love milk and butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, general fitness, better health, to get rid of bloated feeling.

Favorite exercise: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, any form of grappling, playing sports

Favorite Primal food: Beef stew

Best part about being Primal: Freedom from a lifestyle of constant bread eating and insulin spikes.

Worst part about being Primal: The lack of constant bread eating! Bread and butter is my downfall!

Pincuid is offline Junior Member
    Hi! Finally got the courage to stop being a forum lurker and actually say something

Your location: Birmingham, UK

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: 70% (although in the past couple of weeks it's been more like 40% *shame*)

Do you consume dairy: Yes (Full Fat Greek Yogurt, Cheese and Butter)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Less than once a week

Motivator for switching to Primal: It seemed the only lifestyle (I won't call it a diet) that finally made sense. I refused to accept that in order to lose weight you need to eat 1100 calories and feel generally miserable, and after you do manage to lose the weight, you just put it back on again.

Favorite exercise: Cycling and hiking

Favorite Primal food: Omelettes, with mushrooms, peppers, herbs...anything really. They're just the most amazing breakfast you can have. Well...maybe not THE most amazing but hey...they do the trick for me

Best part about being Primal: enhanced sense of smell (weird right?) and the fact that you can eat the foods like bacon and eggs without all the added guilt

Worst part about being Primal: The lack of pizza and beer hehe

VickiLynn is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:Ohio

Age (If you want):46

How Primal are you:I would say that I am frustratingly at about 75% there, but very motivated and working hard to make a complete change soon.

Do you consume dairy:Yes; I eat full-fat Greek yogurt- about three 8 oz. servings a week. I have about one ounce of full-fat cheddar once or twice a week, and then I really like a serving of Bluebonnet whey protein isolate powder mixed with unsweetened coconut milk once or twice a week.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee, black, sweetened with either stevia, cane sugar, or maple sugar (no more than one tablespoon of the sugar per day)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Desire to improve my diet and health.To kick a strong sugar addiction. To lose excess body fat and improve muscle strength. All of these thing have happened In the last month of trying to switch to "primal mode!" I have lost five pounds and alleviated the pain and symptoms I have had with osteoarthritis, autoimmune thyroid disease, and fibromyalgia. Another words, a noticeable amount of daily pain symptoms just went away after about a week.

Favorite exercise: Zumba Fitness, walking, Tabata, and strength training.

Favorite Primal food: Avocado

Best part about being Primal:That fats actually DO fuel my body and that I don't have to nearly kill myself with cardio to feel fit, confident, and healthy.

Worst part about being Primal: Right now, I'm still in the honeymoon phase, haha. There isn't a worst part for me yet!

Sissypants is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Austin, TX

How Primal are you: 95-100%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but not daily. Greek yogurt, Kerrygold butter and aged cheddar cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was morbidly obese (just obese now) and miserable. I live near a very hipster downtown area and am tired of being stared at. I couldn't eat out at a restaurant without getting dirty looks so I stopped going out. I can't wait to be thin enough to go to a restaurant and ENJOY it without worrying about people judging my food choices based on my current weight.

Favorite exercise: Night walking. Walking at night.

Favorite Primal food: All beef and butter, anything cow related.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good and losing weight without much effort; I love that I can eat things that taste good (like steak and butter and FAT!).

Worst part about being Primal: None yet, but I hope I don't lose weight and become a fatty hater (or judger) like I've noticed some people do... We all have our own battles to fight and have to start somewhere.

Aethernaught is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Berkeley, California

Age (If you want): 40's

How Primal are you: beginning, should I say zero?

Do you consume dairy: cheese yes, milk no

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea and sometimes espresso shots at work

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight, health, energy

Favorite exercise: right now riding my bike, roller skating

Favorite Primal food: first place goes to grilled veg and after that chicken (I eat all the time) and beef steak (which right now I almost never get.) I think committing to grass-fed, pastured and free-range meats is going to be an enormous benefit, I can't wait to taste the difference.

Best part about being Primal: I'm not there yet, I hope I feel like the old me, as I remember, a healthy animal. Lately I've just been feeling like an Old Me. Boo.

Worst part about being Primal: I already know that treating food as an emotional crutch is my problem, so I don't look forward to the fight to keep my frikken chin up when I want to collapse and eat some comfort.
    "I'M FART AND I'M SMUNNY AND I'M A PRIZE." - Leslie Knope

AlexArchevore is offline Junior Member
    Your location: London, England

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: fairly primal, have processed carbohydrates maybe once a week.

Do you consume dairy: milk from time to time

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, litres of the former.

Motivator for switching to Primal: shedding fat.

Favorite exercise: going for mahoooooosive walks

Favorite Primal food: roasted chicken on a bed of salad, sometimes the whole chicken!!!

Best part about being Primal: I love meat, I'm a massive meat eater, and the idea that the main proponent of this diet is meat.. well that's just mega win for me :-)

Worst part about being Primal: I've still got a lot of "bro-science" engrained in me, eat loads of carbs postworkout to refuel the muscles & stoke the metabolic fire. It's a load of crud, but I still do have the odd bowl of porridge oats from time to time.

cramsey13 is offline Junior Member

nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Sissypants View Post
    Your location: Austin, TX

How Primal are you: 95-100%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but not daily. Greek yogurt, Kerrygold butter and aged cheddar cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was morbidly obese (just obese now) and miserable. I live near a very hipster downtown area and am tired of being stared at. I couldn't eat out at a restaurant without getting dirty looks so I stopped going out. I can't wait to be thin enough to go to a restaurant and ENJOY it without worrying about people judging my food choices based on my current weight.

Favorite exercise: Night walking. Walking at night.

Favorite Primal food: All beef and butter, anything cow related.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good and losing weight without much effort; I love that I can eat things that taste good (like steak and butter and FAT!).

Worst part about being Primal: None yet, but I hope I don't lose weight and become a fatty hater (or judger) like I've noticed some people do... We all have our own battles to fight and have to start somewhere.
    So proud of you! I totally know how you feel! Let's keep in touch and keep each other motivated!

Location: Let's just say a not very large city somewhere in Europe (in case I do end up posting IMU pics on the before and after thread; I want to feel like I can recommend colleagues to this site without fear).

Age (If you want): 40 for just a few months – still adjusting. And I tell you seeing all the smokin' hot 40+ folks on this site has made me feel much better about the whole deal.

Degree of Primalness and dairy/caffeine consumption: Just starting down the path to primalness and decided to try not to give up everything at once - my penchant for perfectionism having bitten me on the ass more than once (actually many, many times). I said goodbye to sugar and grain with dry eyes. OK, I might have choked back a sob as I binned the last of the sourdough rosemary bread (do you blame me?), but I did it and moved on. They weren’t good to me. And dairy, I suspect dairy is little better, but I’m just not ready to let go, you know? It’s the dairy-caffeine combo that gets me out of bed in the morning – that and my dog. We walk to a very dog-friendly cafe about 15 minutes from my house (with frequent pauses for sniffing and other important business) and there we stand, eyeing the barista with the same intense look of expectation until she hands over the goods: for my dog, some sort of unpalatable looking pellet that is, appearances not withstanding, pretty darn delicious if you’re a dog and for me a goat’s milk latte with a generous sprinkling of cinnamon on top, which is the highlight of my day and hopefully not quite so bad for me as a cow’s milk latte. And then there’s cheese. I moved to this country for the cheese and the tall men! I will kick them to the curb eventually (dairy, not the tall men), but not just yet.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want (and need!) to lose some weight, but the #1 reason I’m doing this is to recover some sense of well-being and the desire and energy to do more than the bare minimum it takes to survive – keep my job, a roof over my head and the lights on. I’m a veteran of Atkins and the Zone and have come to the stunning but kind of obvious conclusion that I felt better on those diets not so much because I was getting thinner (although that didn’t hurt) but because the whole mechanism was working better, including the part that controls the happy chemicals. Ding! I read the Primal Blueprint in one sitting (well, actually I wasn’t even sitting; I was lying down) and it made total sense…except for a few small things that I’m willing to take on faith.

Favorite exercise: Kettlebells – swings, cleans, snatches, squats, presses, deadlifts, farmer carrys, turkish get ups – well, you get the idea. Debated about the expense of getting a trainer, but god bless the man, he’s one of three people who can reliably motivate me out of bed - along with the barista and my boss (at a rather distant third).

Favorite Primal food: Bacon makes everything better, but avocados are pretty awesome too.

Best part about being Primal: I’m hoping that it will be having more energy and not feeling such a slave to food, oh and also being able to breathe freely through my nose at night (got a bit of an Afrin addiction to kick too).

Worst part about being Primal: All my friends are full or aspiring vegetarians or married to vegetarians and they think I’m nuts...except maybe the 'married to vegetarians', who I think are actually a little envious. Plus I work in a field which is lousy with anti-carnivores (“Do you know what all those cow farts are doing to the planet?! We’re all going to fry and it’s your fault, you irresponsible meateater, you!).