Page 409 of 620 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 6200

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 409

daisey is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I though it was ok to eat dairy in moderation especially yogurt and cream. You list these as "Deadly Sins". Could you explain why the Nightshade vegetables and yogurt are deadly?

AstrolGal is offline Junior Member
    Hello all, I'm Donna.

How Primal: Probably about 85%

Dairy: Yes...I grew up in Wisconsin for gosh sakes! But mostly aged and/or fermented.

Coffee/Tea: Yes...decaf for years as well as green and herbal.

Motivator: When you get to be my age, it's ALL about health!

Favorite exercise: I don't really "enjoy" E-X-E-R-C-I-S-E as most people define it, although because of my self-sufficient country life, I probably get more of IT than most. Walking has always been a given in my life.

Favorite Primal food: Love it all.

Best part about being Primal: It fits into my lifelong philosophy about consuming locally sourced, whole food.

Worst part about being Primal: Not too crazy about the 'limited' dairy part...

Dany Rose is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Oregon

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Mostly. I'm still weaning myself off of sugar. I'd say in the ballpark of 85%

Do you consume dairy: Currently yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. Sugar in the coffee and a bit of milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I got tired of feeling horrid.

Favorite exercise: Walking.

Favorite Primal food: Steak.... Hmm I don't know for sure.

Best part about being Primal: I like the food . I like not worrying about how bad what I am eating is. Everything I eat (except for the sugar, lol,) is primal and I never worry if I want to eat something. If I'm hungry, I eat. If I'm not, I don't.

Worst part about being Primal: I am almost hopelessly addicted to sugar. I still haven't been able to stop eating it fully. However, I am much better now. I put maybe a teaspoon in my coffee in the morning. Maybe another teaspoon in coffee in the afternoon.

Dave The Bruce is offline Junior Member
    How Primal are you: About 80%, don't drink or consume any wheat/gluten at all. I can't always afford organic produce although I do grow some of my own veg and keep chicken for eggs.
    Do You consume Dairy: Butter and small amount of cheese
    Do you drink Tea or Coffee: Coffee about two cups black per day
    Motivator for switching to primal: Originally weight loss then just pure joy at how good I felt.
    Favourite exercise: Bombing around the woods on me own two feet and kettlebells
    Favourite primal food: Chicken and veg curry
    Best part about being primal: Feeling good, strong and grounded
    Worst part about being primal: Seeing so many people killing themselves and never knowing how good they can feel. Not being able to reach through the fog enough to inspire them to change.

Colloid is offline Junior Member

New to forum - Just read Primal Blueprint - Already a lot Primal!

Hey all,

Have been eating organic - produce, grass fed beef, chicken, eggs, bacon etc., but also included some "healthy whole grains" and some candied ginger. I have MCS (multiple chemical sensitivity) and severe corn allergy ( the corn allergy is the reason for the whole foods and not eating at restaurants). My sensitivity to corn includes airborn, is such that I can't go to the farmer's market because of the corn that gets airborn from the kettle corn vendor, (they pop it there). MCS was so bad, I would react to the dryer venting (dryer sheets and detergent residue) of the neighbor while I was in my house with doors and wondows closed. Reactions include scalp tingling, cervical vertabrae popping due to inflammation, progressing to headache, and then to migraine, all within a few minutes if I didn't get away. I have been to see several doctors, natural healers, acupuncturists, chiropractors, etc., varying degrees of temporary relief. I added chlorine filters to the showers and RO filter on drinking water, and was beginning to experience some relief, eating clean helped. Then a piece of information fell into place, I had a hot tub until about 6 years ago, we stopped using it because it hurt to use it, I had been treating it with bromine tablets, bromine, chlorine, fluorine, all added to the water, and they are in the same column (halide column) of the periodic chart and can replace each other in chemical compounds. About 4 months ago I started supplementing with iodine (the Iodine Anyone thread has some good info but is an emotional mess). The first three months of iodine resulted in my sweat stinking excessively, but my symptoms from chemical exposure reducing and requiring a larger exposure to produce a symptom. While reading PB I saw under supplements that iodine and selenium were there.

My highest weight was 6 years ago @ 245+/-, and was 212 when I started reading book 2 weeks ago.

Alright, now the good stuff. I had gone almost completely gray in the last 5 years, but I am noticing the root color is changing, and I no longer leave significant amount of hair in the shower drain. Joint pain is down considerably. I cut back on grains dramatically 2 weeks ago (was down to mostly rice and buckwheat and a bowl of steel cut oatmeal every couple weeks or so), eating mostly primal, have had 1 cupcake and 2 small servings of rice in last 2 weeks. Weighed 203 today and distended stomach is gone (the belly is still there). I am putting on lean muscle mass like no other, I have always been able to generate muscle, but it was marbled, this is lean! Body composition started to change with the iodine and now the change is rapid. I have allergy treatment later this week which requires diet restriction for three days, but no problems with primal, (lamb, fish, yams, and a subset of unusual vegetables)

Your location: Colorado

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: mostly

Do you consume dairy: yes, in coffee, and butter, sour cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: health

Favorite exercise: pullups, now that joint pain is down!

Favorite Primal food: london broil done my way

Best part about being Primal: I like food!

Worst part about being Primal: It's not that bad!

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Hey there. I guess I never filled out this obligatory form. This is my fill-in-the-blank story:

Your location: Milwaukee, WI area

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: Week 4!

Do you consume dairy: Not any more

Do you drink coffee or tea: Decaf coffee and tea only; but daily

Motivator for switching to Primal: Making it through perimenopause with some sense of sanity. Figuring out why same calorie input/output was now resulting in weigh/fat gain and fatigue. I'm going to live to be 100, so I want to live it well.

Favorite exercise: Outdoor cycling or 'boot camp'/cross fit classes

Favorite Primal food: Coconut or grass fed bone-in rib eye steak on the grill

Best part about being Primal: no more bloating or muscle pain from my mild scoliosis

I don't have much weight to lose, but I have a lifetime of bad habits to dump. I want my body to continue to move well and respond well. I want to be an example to my children of how to live your life to the fullest. So far, I think I've failed them as I've been stuck in doing things half-way at best. This PB is really the first food over-haul I understand, and the only one I think I would enjoy long term.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

MissPaleo is offline Junior Member
    Your location:

Los Angeles, CA

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

95-100%

Do you consume dairy: If there's no way around it, I'll eat butter, cream, soy milk, and yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, black with unsweetened almond milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

My brother who is a firefighter and a devotee to CrossFit introduced it to me. I tried it a year ago and saw amazing results and got to my lowest weight. I slowly went out of it, a loss of motivation and dedication. Then, after thoroughly reading through this site and being at my highest weight, I am back on it doing a 30-Day Challenge of being 100% paleo, hoping to continue after the challenge is over.

Favorite exercise:

Hot yoga, running, dancing, & lifting weights

Favorite Primal food:

A good hearty salad with chicken/fish, eggs, and delicious seasonal fruits.

Best part about being Primal:

Long-lasting energy, feeling mentally and physically able to tackle the world, knowing that I'm healthy and making great choices. Having the constant motivation to be the best I can be!

Worst part about being Primal:

Free food everywhere, especially being a server, have to resist! Thankfully, I work at a sushi restaurant so I can have sushi/sashimi, but just with no rice. Roommates always bring home yummy treats that I can't have. Going out with friends is difficult and they can never just accept the fact that I'm trying to be healthy! It's like as if they're disappointed in me, like I'm making a bad choice, that I'm not joining in them by eating the chips and salsa, burgers, and fries. Oh, the social pressure to fit in!

Nativewoman is offline Junior Member
    Your location: EL Mirage, AZ

Age (If you want):62 and climbing

How Primal are you: All the way

Do you consume dairy:Not any more

Do you drink coffee or tea: Well yea. Last of the things to let go. I use Stevia and Almond milk in my 1 cup coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Well if real food can change us why not. With the way the health industry is going and meds soon to be limited what else can one do. This has been a process. I have been gluten free for over 7 years but I am hypothyroid. So I hope to diminish my meds as much as possible and loose the weight by Primal eating.

Favorite exercise: Probably the sprint...once the temps come down.

Favorite Primal food: Meat

Best part about being Primal: Simplicity

Worst part about being Primal: I still dream of yeast rolls.( I am Celiac so I have been doing that for a while.)

ringleader is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ireland

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: About 80% but I just started!

Do you consume dairy: yes, but trying not to

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, copiously, and with milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: To feel better and lose weight. Madness is doing the same thing over and over, so why continue trying a low fat diet when I know it's not working (at least it hasn't over the last 10 years and I've just gained weight!)

Favorite exercise: Long strolls and hikes in picturesque places for hours!

Favorite Primal food: eggs, cream!

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better

Worst part about being Primal: No sugar and difficulty keeping my milk [lactose sugar] to a minimum :-( I'm very partial to sugar.
    Height: 5'5"
    Female
    5th July 2012 Initial Weight : 210 lbs
    13th July 2012 Current weight : 203 lbs
    Goal weight : 150 lbs (or lower!)

Kt.Rd. is offline Junior Member

Red face I'm a Newbie to this all!!

Hello!

My Name is Katie
    From Vermont

How Primal are you: I have been eating eggs in the morning, Some kind of meat for lunch, and a veggies and meat for dinner..

Grains- I call them carbs! I stopped eating them on Monday the first start of Primal!

Dairy- I only eat cheese; its unpasterized cheese. I don't like drinking milk, or having yogurt so not having it anymore doesn't change anything for me!

Refined foods- I haven't added any salt or "Bad food"

Legumes-soy,beans,peas

Modernly palatable- I can't eat any kind of nut because I am allergic so I try and find something else that can give me that protein that a nut would give me.

Do you consume dairy: Kinda; I eat cheese(Unpasterized), I don't eat anyt butter, margarine. I use extra olive oil for pretty much anything.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I do not drink any coffee, tea, juice, milk, soda. The one thing I drink is Water.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My sister bought me the book, she has also been on Primal for a couple months. She got me started, I read the book and that Monday morning I started doing Primal!

Favorite exercise: Using the bike, doing the planks, squats, and pushups(which I haven't done since 8th grade). I love these!

Favorite Primal food: Seasoned Bunless Burger on some lettuce with grilled vegtables.

Best part about being Primal: Its only my 4th day, so best part is I am already full of energy; I wake up in the morning fully rested and ready to start the day, before I never wanted to get out to bed, not even to go to work!

Worst part about being Primal: I haven't found the worst part of being Primal, it just bugs me I am trying to get my overweight parents to get on board and do it with me so we can all have more energy and be more healthier.. Thats the worst part of the whole thing.