Page 408 of 630 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 6300

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 408

Swarley is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The Questions:

Your location: Montgomery County, MD

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Not! Will be starting soon though!

Do you consume dairy: Yep

Do you drink coffee or tea: Have tried coffee numerous times but just can't get by the taste. Only drink tea at this little Cantonese place.

Motivator for switching to Primal: CANNOT end up like my pops and unable to play with grandkids (I don't even have kids myself yet but never too early to prepare!)

Favorite exercise: Pushups!!!!!!!!!! Good god I love them. Can't do a lot yet but it's getting there

Favorite Primal food: Grilled animal

Best part about being Primal: We'll find out!

Worst part about being Primal: I suspect initially it will be the low carb flu thingy
    The greater the achievement the more difficult the path. The easy road is granted to those less fortunate as a consolation prize.

primalgem is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

How Primal: trying it out; probably about 50%; hoping to go 80% starting tomorrow, but nervous, because I've been contemplating this for about 2 months and haven't taken the plunge yet.

Dairy: yes, I love cheese and can't imagine giving it up; may be worthwhile for the last 10 lbs.

Coffee or Tea: Green Tea, Costco's brand is my favorite

Motivator for switching to Primal: Arthritis pain (I especially noticed it after eating some fingerling potatoes with the skin on and then searching that on this website and seeing that Mark Sisson mentioned knee pain after eating potatoes with the skin on); 30 lbs. I'm carrying that I loathe. Life-long low blood sugar issues if I eat carb heavy meals.

Favorite exercise: walking, running on the treadmill (though haven't for about 7 months due to an unresolved injury), BodyPump by Les Mills (home version)

Favorite Primal food: steak, butter, eggs, leafy greens, good bacon, a bison burger...the list is long

Best part about being Primal: no arthritis pain

Worst part about being Primal: I bought a pasta maker about 6 months ago and I love making home-made seminola pasta and fresh bread.

krone1 is offline Junior Member
    Hi, i am currently on day 10 of primal eating. My husband has been eating/living primally for 5 months and has had great results so I thought I would give it a try. I am just nearing the end (I hope) of my carb flu and am really staring to get into things... I am starting to get excited! I have about 25 pounds to lose and would like to get some more definition to all areas of my body. Good luck to all!

daisey is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Torrance, CA

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: yes, yogurt and 1/2 in 1/2 in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes coffee everyday and sometimes tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm fat!

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: reduces sugar cravings

Worst part about being Primal: lots of shopping, have to say no to a lot of foods people bring into work

Jacob Thomas is web manager of MBC, a medical billing company that services clients across the US all 50 states. Jacob is an expert in medical billing and physician revenue cycle management.

Animanarchy is offline Junior Member
    Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: As much as I want and can be and think is good for my health.

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: From a young age I enjoyed the delights of nature. I want to take care of my health so that I can continue to do so. I also want to be good at the things I like to do and being primal helps.

Favorite exercise: Climbing trees.

Favorite Primal food: It depends on what I need.

Best part about being Primal: It's flipped my life from a downward spiral to an upward spiral.

Worst part about being Primal: The stress caused by the n00bs in the wake.

DebbieL is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Pittsburgh, PA

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: 90% (5 days out of the week I eat 50g carbs, and I rarely exceed 100g)

Do you consume dairy: Greek yogurt (from Costco!), and cheese once every two weeks (when I get a craving...)

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Read the book Good Calories, Bad Calories, then found MDA. Then lived for a month somewhere else where I was able to totally revamp my diet (husband was away... he's anti-primal, sadly)

Favorite exercise: Yoga, strength training

Favorite Primal food: Almonds (so much that I have to avoid buying them)

Best part about being Primal: Healed my eating disorder, shed lots of anxiety about eating food. I no longer struggle with incessant food cravings, and I no longer binge (I used to be able to eat 2500 calories in one sitting!) Also, my blood work numbers are surprisingly excellent.

Worst part about being Primal: Husband gets vehement whenever I talk about my diet; I am forced to hide my eating patterns from him.

Scamp588 is offline Junior Member

Hi Everybody

Your location: Arlington, Virginia

Age (If you want): 55

How Primal are you: Very

Do you consume dairy: Butter and cheese (for the fat to keep the protein count down)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Occasional cup of Starbuck's

Motivator for switching to Primal: General health and to lose those last few pounds of fat

Favorite exercise: Gym rat, Russian Twists (70 lb dumbell), cable chops and pull ups

Favorite Primal food: New York Strip with bacon

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good and not having to count calories

Worst part about being Primal: People think I'm weird.

winterzodiac is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I'm Shelly!

Your location: Philippines (grew up in the US)

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: about 90%,

Do you consume dairy: occasional milk or butter use, maybe 2x/week, trying to go dairy-free

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, about 10 cups/day (6 cups caffeine-free herbal tea, 4 cups coffee) MUST CUT DOWN

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight/appearance, reduce fatigue, reduce body aches and pains

Favorite exercise: rowing/kayaking

Favorite Primal food: steamed spinach & chicken, LOVE LOVE LOVE sushi

Best part about being Primal: constant obsession, desire, cravings for sugary/wheat based foods gone

Worst part about being Primal: VERY disappointed by minimal weight loss, budgetary constraints really limit variety & quality

purdumse is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Primal people!

I am 23 and living in Los Angeles, but originally from Ohio. I am TRYING to be 100% primal for at least a month to kick myself off, but keep eating bars of dark chocolate and fried chicken...I do not consume dairy daily but ice cream thwarts me every now and again. It's still a favorite food of mine, but giving up milk and cheese has never been a problem for me. I will have a green tea every now and again, but if I regularly drink caffeine it turns into a pot of coffee a day. Whoops. I want to be primal because I want to be healthy and lose the extra twenty pounds (all in my stomach and neck) I've put on since college (and through being a vegetarian). I want to be hot! I'm twenty three and an actress and I just saw batman and thought to myself "if I want to do that (I want to do action movies and the like) I'm going to have to get a hold of my health and feel like a young woman is supposed to feel in her body! My energy is also super high sometimes and super low at times, and I don't enjoy that swing at all. It's like being manically hyper active and then needing to crawl under a rock. Not really how a healthy 23 year old woman should feel. My favorite exercise is sprinting for now but I love to dance, do yoga and I love martial arts. My favorite primal food right now is marinated steak and garlic green beans. The best thing about being primal is that I can eat meat as much as I want without ill effects (though that nagging fear of being unhealthy is still there. I aspired to be a vegan and was a vegetarian for a long time.) Worst part-feeling bad for animals and truly? I am realizing I get so deeply full eating meat and vegetables that I'm finding it harder to get 'high' from my food. I have an addictive personality and it looks like I will have to find a new vice...