Page 407 of 638 FirstFirst ... 307357397405406407408409417457507 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,070 of 6377

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 407

PinesgirlinVT is offline Junior Member
    Hello,

PinesgirlinVT here from Northern Vermont, actually very close to Burlington Vermont. I am going to turn 46 in August.
    I am 100% Primal/Paleo except for a cheat meal once a week....with a few beers.....I know, bad carbs bad carbs! But Microbrews in Vermont are sooooo goood!
    I do not consume dairy, I do not drink coffee....I do drink tea, mostly herbal that I blend myself.
    I switched to Primal because I just couldn't get rid of the weight and I constantly felt bloated. I went totally Raw Vegan for a period of time(about 7-8 months and I felt great, but to stay satiated I had to eat an incredible amount of fruit and vegetables).
    I needed the Protein so Primal/Paleo works awesome for me!
    My favorite excercise.....Hmmmm I'd have to say snatches...I love weight lifting.
    My favorite Primal food....this is a tough one????? A really good grass fed burger or a really good Delmonico steak or a super yummy piece of Salmon.
    Best part of being Primal.....I feel awesome!
    Worst part....sometimes it is tough watching people chow down on a super yummy piece of Tiramisu or a decadent piece of pecan pie! oh well! I am healthy and strong!

PinesgirlinVT is offline Junior Member
    I am a crossfitter as well! Yesterday was Isabel!! LOve it!
    Quote Originally Posted by holtz.mh View Post
    Your location: Albuquerque, NM

Age (If you want):25

How Primal are you: i stay paleo no dairy, grain, sugar 5-6 days out of the week. If i do have a cheat meal or day its usually sunday. and the cheat days are getting less "cheat-like'" as i progress through this lifestyle change. Except for beer. i like to enjoy my beers on the weekends.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee mainly

Motivator for switching to Primal: Better health

Favorite exercise:my crossfit WOD's

Favorite Primal food: Primal pot roast (from the PB cookbook)

Best part about being Primal: How i feel and how my body performs

Worst part about being Primal: convenience

Lalz is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sacramento CA

Age (If you want):39

How Primal are you: 100%

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Minimal amounts of raw full fat dairy

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes...but only because I love the taste. I find I don't need it to "wake" me up anymore.

Motivator for switching to Primal: A need to loose weight

Favorite exercise: Anything not structured but full of fun

Favorite Primal food: Top Sirloin cooked in coconut oil

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great and better skin!

Worst part about being Primal: Haven't found anything yet

gatorbait is offline Junior Member

How Primal are you: Considering Primal Diet

Do you Consume Dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee: Yes, love it

Motivator for switching Primal: Curious

Favorite exercise: Surf Ski & Kayaks

Favorite Primal Food: Not sure

AnnieJames is offline Junior Member

Primal Washington State

The Questions:

Your location: Washington State- Northwest Peninsula area

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: mostly- I do consume raw or fermented dairy

Do you consume dairy: Yes local and raw mostly and maybe 2 times per week

Do you drink coffee or tea: YES I live in the Seattle area- we have excellent coffee selections; I have about 1 cup per day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Severe PMS, neck pain/inflammatory symptoms, blood sugar stabilization and disordered eating patterns. I was mostly vegan prior to Primal for several years. I am a health coach and work with clients now healing through Paleo/Primal nutritional therapy- this is a strong motivator for me to walk my talk.

Favorite exercise: Hiking with a Big pack in the Olympic Mountains

Favorite Primal food: Experimenting with salad dressings due to lack of good oils in store bought ones; roasted grilled veggies- all varieties; I love to balance meat with veggies for each.... it is different.... for me it is essential I have enough vegetables to calm inflammation (decrease acid in my body)

Best part about being Primal: I was a dieter for years. I do not think about Fat in foods and feel sustained for the first time in so long. My body weight is naturally balanced itself out and I have a ton of energy. I love to teach this to others and see the transformation.

Worst part about being Primal: ? well I guess it would have to be going out with family for dinners/b-days; the conversations can be annoying surrounding diet and most of us disagree. (I was raised vegetarian)

stewarped is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Virginia Beach(currently)

Age (If you want):20

How Primal are you: 2 weeks in with no dairy, grains, legumes...except one major breakdown.

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been working to lose weight but got stuck after losing 20 pounds. I wasn't on any sort of diet other than just eating less and being more active. I decided to change my diet entirely and make my goal to be healthier rather than to lose x amount of pounds. I read about PB and it all made so much more sense than just counting calories.

Favorite exercise: treading water

Favorite Primal food: all kinds of salad

Best part about being Primal: feeling healthier

Worst part about being Primal: fresh produce and meats are expensive. I'm a broke college student.

SpecialK is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Wellington, Colorado

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Striving for 100%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, approximately 1 to 2 Tbsp of Table cream most mornings in a cup of coffee. I also have ice cream from time to time, I'm working on building resistance to that temptation!

Do you drink coffee or tea: I enjoy both coffee and tea, but I don't have to have either.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To look good naked, of course! I just want to be healthy all around, honestly.

Favorite exercise: I don't like exercise at all, but I've enjoyed being able to do pull-ups without the chair (even if I can only do 3 right now). My goal is at least 5 unassisted pull-ups before the end of the year.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon and eggs as well as steak and broccoli... What's not to love about primal eats!

Best part about being Primal: The best part of being primal so far has been feeling fantastic and having an abundance of energy. Other then my love for ice cream, it's been a very easy transition from the SAD.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing that I've found so far!

Lyns84 is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Lynsey, I have been lurking on this site for about 2 weeks, so thought it was high time I introduced myself!

Here goes:

Your location: Glasgow, UK

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: er, not sure how to answer this, I don't eat any grains or legumes at all, avoid grain oils as much as I can, partake in the odd diet coke. Just ate some shop bought Caesar dressing and won't be doing it again in a hurry due to the severe bloating I now have!

Do you consume dairy: lots of butter, some cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: both - black, no sugar

Motivator for switching to Primal: had some success with Atkins, but felt their pre packed items were unhealthy

Favorite exercise: bodypump

Favorite Primal food: Rib eye or avocado

Best part about being Primal: feeling like im eating to nourish my body, not for pleasure

Worst part about being Primal: cost of good meat

Ethereal is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Australia

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Not very.... I cut out grains a few months back, I've got a long way to go.

Do you consume dairy: Cheese and every now and again cream. I tried making my own yoghurt from local biodynamic raw milk but my breastfeeding son had a mild reaction to it. I will try it again if I ever get around to healing my gut. Primal will help with that.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal tea mostly, some black tea with organic oat milk & some local raw honey (will try to cut them out) & once in a blue moon (once or twice a year) I might have a decaf latte in a cafe.... Does doing a raw organic coffee enema flush count?

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, cure eczema, energy, strength, to go against the grain (in more ways then one)

Favorite exercise: At this stage Pilates. Recovering from a knee operation.

Favorite Primal food: Pretty much all meat, I was vego for 7 years!

Best part about being Primal: Not as hungry

Worst part about being Primal: Am I allowed to say "pizza" on this forum?

Jeffab1969 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello All, my Jeff and I am an industrialized food junkie. I'm not overweight so I feel like I can indulge in whatever I like. My gut usually says different by way of bloat and upset.

Your location: Columbus, OH

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Somewhat. My challenge is a household with 3 other people not willing to go Primal. I don't have a problem cutting out bread and grains ( Chipotle rice my be a problem... I love it! ) My struggle is all the junk food my wife and mother in-law keep around the house.

Do you consume dairy: I eat cheese regular basis and I eat yogurt after a strenuous workout. I will most likely indulge in some icecream from time to time.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I am coffee drinker. down to about 2 cups a day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Better gut health, I hope. More energy would be nice. I am tired of feelling like I am going to fall asleep on my drive home from work. Then barely being able to hold my eyes open as I read to my daughter.

Favorite exercise: Muay Thai / kickboxing

Favorite Primal food: Fillet Mignon maybe but I love all food. What's for dinner tonight. : )

Best part about being Primal: I don't know yet only on day four. So far the sunday morning walk in the Metro Park with my wife and daughter.

Worst part about being Primal: Pizza and Chipotle's cilantro, lime rice. Beer but I keep that to minimum these days anyway.