Page 406 of 638 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408416456506 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,060 of 6374

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 406

Hikercat is offline Junior Member
    [QUOTE=alexkharden;906952]Your location:

San Francisco, CA
    Age (If you want):64

How Primal are you: Completely if you take into account the 80% rule

Do you consume dairy:Mostly just half and half for my coffee; occasionally full fat yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Yes, both

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been trying to lose weight FOREVER and read everything that offers any hope. Someone mentioned the words "primal diet" to me, so I looked it up and found Mark's book. I was hooked at Chapter 1. I like that it has a rational basis, not just based on the latest scientific data. that I know is mostly flawed and incomplete. I started about May 5, 2012, and have already lost 15 lbs, even after taking a 2-week vacation.

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: Not having to count calories, worry about portions, or track what I eat, and really enjoying food. I can't adequately express how happy I am with this plan.

Worst part about being Primal: Dealing with people who think I must be suffering and wanting to talk me out of the plan.

Pamzzzz is offline Junior Member
    Hello everyone in the forum

The Questions:

Your location:

The Netherlands

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

Not good enough, i kind of know what is good and specially what is good for me, but work and routine take the best out of me.

Do you consume dairy: yes, but not to the extreme. I can't live without my greek yoghurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: one cup of coffee a day and hardly ever tea, perhaps when i go to my mother in law.

Motivator for switching to Primal: i would like to feel healthy and good.

Favorite exercise: The cross trainer at gym, i just love breaking a sweat and with this machine i can easily. But i also enjoy walking a lot.

Favorite Primal food:nFish, i just love sushi

Best part about being Primal:

I guess since i'm pretty new , i can't answer yet

Worst part about being Primal:

Same as above

PrimalHunter is offline Senior Member
    Hi, everyone!

Your location: Northern Virginia.

Age (If you want): 37.

How Primal are you: Pretty primal. My refrigerator actually died when I was contemplating the switch, which provided a good opportunity to start fresh. Now I eat no grains, no sugar, no legumes. The least primal thing about me is my reliance on diet soda.

Do you consume dairy: I had been eating full fat Greek yogurt, but I eliminated that for now, hoping it will help with fat loss.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Accidentally stumbled across it, was shocked that conventional wisdom could be so wrong, decided to give it a try.

Favorite exercise: Squats.

Favorite Primal food: Scrambled eggs in butter and coconut oil.

Best part about being Primal: Looking good.

Worst part about being Primal: Getting weight loss advice from fat people.
    "Don't go in there, General, it's a trap! That's a grain chamber. It makes people like you into people like me."

Ollyk is offline Junior Member
    Hello MDA forum!!

I've been lurking here since March 2012 when I discovered the Primal blueprint, as I was unable to register on the forum due to some difficulties with logging my email address which seems to have resolved itself. I just wanted to thank all of the members for the great success stories and the fantastic tips and answers to various questions I've had over the last few months even though you may have been answering somebody else's questions you were also helping me and inspiring me!! Thank you

I'm an Irishman so have been fortunate in that healthy whole grassfed foods have been easy to source, but unfortunately a steady reliable amount of daily sunshine has been a little less easy to find!!

To date I've gone from 254lbs to 201lbs since the start of 2012 which is pretty good for a 6'3" big framed guy.

I've answered the questions below and intend on being an active participant on this forum in the future. I'd love to get involved in an Irish meetup group if one exists.

My answers to the specific questions are below.

Grok on!

Ollyk

Your location: Dublin, Ireland

Age (If you want):33

How Primal are you: As this stage 95%+ but it took a few iterations to improve my primalness and to learn what hidden CW stuff was being secretly pumped into so called healthy foods!!

Do you consume dairy: Yes. My body has always enjoyed fresh full fat grassfed dairy milk and cheese, yoghurts etc so I saw no reason to deny my body what it always wanted once I discovered the PB. So far it hasn't held my weight loss back!!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea. Earl Grey and English Breakfast tea with milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To have a longer healthspan and to enjoy real fitness and health for the first time since I was 17. Looking Good naked was always an ambition of mine too!! The Mrs really appreciates it too!!

Favorite exercise: Hiking in nature for moving frequently slowly and press-ups and Australian pull-ups for lifting heavy things.

Favorite Primal food: This is a tough one to narrow down. Steak or Pork with roasted veggies and a mushroom cream sauce OR Primal Chilli with quality beef mince some cashel blue cheese, double cream and loads of fresh veggies.

For snacks Primal coconut macaroons of my own design are pretty good. Desiccated coconut, free range eggs, honey, nuts, dried fruit and some vanilla essence cooked in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown. Especially on a nice mountain hike with a cool drink of water when you hit the summit.

Best part about being Primal: The constant energy, the enjoyable weight loss, and of course the compliments!!

Worst part about being Primal: The frustration of knowing how many people are being poisoned and conned into poor health choices and fed a line of bullshit just to feed profits of the conventional food and health industrial complex. Makes my blood boil to see the depression people are in about their health and the guilt they feel when it is in no way their fault and can be remedied in a most enjoyable way. A lot of so called caring health professionals have a lot to answer for imo!!

sureman is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ireland

Age (If you want):25

How Primal are you: 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, desire for healthier body and mind

Favorite exercise: Football, Soccer

Favorite Primal food: Striploin Steak

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great about the food you eat

Worst part about being Primal: Cravings for treats over a brew.

Annea is offline Junior Member
    Hi all

Hello from Scotland

Your location: Highlands, Scotland

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: very - thankfully been primal for 3 months now 95% of the time

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes - with occasional agave syrup addition

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health reasons through and through - side-benefit of weight loss

Favorite exercise: enjoy the combinations but has to be the slower thinking time moments either on the bike or out on the water

Favorite Primal food: Steak - grass-fed from local farm

Best part about being Primal: Loss of chronic pain and fatigue - definitely helping counter MS effects

Worst part about being Primal: Simple - the occasional notion (quickly suppressed)for a cheese sandwich and a glass of milk

Ranawen is offline Junior Member
    Hi! Starting today!

Your location: Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: just started so no idea what the classifications are

Do you consume dairy: some. yogurt, sour cream, aged cheese, half and half

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Allergic to corn and wheat. Tired of feeling crappy.

Favorite exercise: walking

Favorite Primal food: steak, avocados

Best part about being Primal: more energy, feel better

Worst part about being Primal: probably nothing, my own food allergies give me enough grief.

hedge-sparrow is offline Junior Member
    Hi!

Your location: midwest USA

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: We (my family and I) have just started slowly working our way into PB for the last few weeks. This week (today, in fact) is our official 100% PB-only starting point.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but it's limited

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Mostly weight related illnesses. I have injured my knees due to my weight, my husband has early arthritis settling in, etc. You know the drill. Plus, I want to look good naked.

Favorite exercise: Walking. I love taking a good walk.

Favorite Primal food: Mmmmmm steak. STEAK. steak. Sweet potatoes are damn tasty too. And butter. Lots and lots of butter.

Best part about being Primal: hell of a lot more energy, plus it's a great excuse to eat steak all the time.

Worst part about being Primal: Bread I do miss my bread maker.

holtz.mh is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Albuquerque, NM

Age (If you want):25

How Primal are you: i stay paleo no dairy, grain, sugar 5-6 days out of the week. If i do have a cheat meal or day its usually sunday. and the cheat days are getting less "cheat-like'" as i progress through this lifestyle change. Except for beer. i like to enjoy my beers on the weekends.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee mainly

Motivator for switching to Primal: Better health

Favorite exercise:my crossfit WOD's

Favorite Primal food: Primal pot roast (from the PB cookbook)

Best part about being Primal: How i feel and how my body performs

Worst part about being Primal: convenience

Jalapeņo is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    First off, let me say hello and thank you for opening me up to such a lifestyle. Before I begin let me just say that I'm not quite finished reading the Primal Blueprint so I'm rather un-educated about the facts. Being a skeptic and having a wife at home that has tried the "Atkins diet" I am wanting to know the biggest difference between the two. I also know little of the Atkin's diet other than a few sample meal plans I have looked up on the web. I apologize now if this sounds ignorant but both seem to advocate eating fewer carbs while inducing a high protein and moderate fat intake. Before I continue to throw myself into a new lifestyle I would like to know that I'm not going to harm my body. Any sound advice would be greatly appreciated.