Page 405 of 626 FirstFirst ... 305355395403404405406407415455505 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,050 of 6251

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 405

Alinka is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've been reading the blog for several months but just now started exploring the forums, so here's the mandatory into:

Your location: Atlanta, GA, soon to be LA

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: I guess 99%, my only exception is 90 or 100% chocolate. It turned out the foods I liked as a child growing up in Ukraine were all primal. Even though bread and potatoes are staples there, I was always the odd one out eschewing them. I also refused to eat ice cream and most sweets until I was 5, demanded my fruits and veggies to be raw and double the meat. So after coming off all my food addictions acquired relatively recently in the US it doesn't feel like "cheating" anymore.

Do you consume dairy: no, I never liked it anyway

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea every day (I seriously have about 2 dozen different teas in my kitchen right now!), coffee several times/month

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, looking good and delicious foods. I moved to the US when I was 16 and gained a massive amount of weight between then and finishing college. I am naturally healthy, but started having high blood pressure from the combined force of prescription adderall and my highest weight of 215lbs (I'm 5'8"). Like most people who want to eat healthier, I tried going the vegan route but felt sicker from the start and started looking for alternatives... Lost 20lbs in 6 months with calorie restriction. Then tried Atkins and accidentally stumbled upon paleo when searching for low carb recipes. 2 months in and close to another 20 lbs down I feel awesome!

Favorite exercise: lifting weights and climbing trees

Favorite Primal food: any land animal flesh! I wonder what marsupials taste like...

Best part about being Primal: not having to do cardio, feeling full on yummy food and still losing weight; loving my body instead of trying to fight it

Worst part about being Primal: lack of good food when dining out, having to take the time to cook every meal

lastditcheffort is offline Junior Member
    Hello, I'm Christina. I've been interested in the primal life for months. I've been doing lots and lots of reading. My CF coach recommended I look into PB. I love the book so here I am.

Your location: Buffalo, NY

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: I've tried it many, many, many times but finally a week ago decided to go full force and stick with it. This is day 7. I've had a few good days and a few bad. I know what to expect with cutting out sugar, etc.

Do you consume dairy: No - I have a severe allergy that requires me to carry an epi pen everywhere.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss, severe allergies (milk and gluten problems) - primal is the perfect way of eating for me.

Favorite exercise: Crossfit & Yoga

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: I feel a 100% better even after 1 week. It's like night and day.

Worst part about being Primal: I want a cupcake. I'll suck it up and not have one. But the old me still wants one!

alexkharden is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Evansville, Indiana U.S.A.

Age (If you want):37

How Primal are you: So far, not much. Just discovered this world.

Do you consume dairy:Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I think my personal health may require it.

Favorite exercise:I work at a factory, that generally constitutes my exercise.

Favorite Primal food:Meat?

Best part about being Primal:I don't know yet.

Worst part about being Primal:I don't know this either.

katiedinhb is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Huntington Beach, CA

How Primal are you: I've fully committed to being primal.

Do you consume dairy: Almost never. Occasionally I have goat cheese in my salads.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee. I have green tea about 4 days a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Trying to lose about 15 lbs. I'm a total sugar burner.

Favorite exercise: I do everything right. I lift weights for about 20-30 minutes at a time about three days a week. I do sprints for about 20 minutes about two days a week.

Favorite Primal food: Steak!

Best part about being Primal: Everything!

Worst part about being Primal: Not having ice cream.

I'm so frustrated. I have been doing this since 7/10/12. I've gained 2.2 lbs! I'm so frustrated. I've followed it to a "T". It's not much different than my prior form of eating except I've reduced by carbs (and by carbs I mean I've cut out my apple a day), added some nuts and berries and added coconut oil everyday. Everyday my weight has creeped up. I'm freaking out. I would appreciate any help with what I'm doing wrong. My diet generally consists of the following:

eggs
    spinach
    olives
    whey protein
    flax seeds
    chia seeds
    nuts (almonds, cashews, macadamia)
    sunflower seeds
    coconut oil
    cocoa
    almond butter with flax seeds
    salmon
    steak
    tuna
    broccoli
    almond milk

I would appreciate any help from anyone with what i may be doing wrong. Does it take a while to begin working?

Thanks,
    Katie

happytummy is offline Junior Member

Unhappy

[QUOTE=timconradinc;281]Your location: UK

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you:

I don't consume dairy or wheat. Am now on Day 6 of the Whole30.

Do you consume dairy: Nope.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I used to drink tea with soya milk. Now drink black coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Desire to cut out sugar and realisation that my diet was becoming carb heavy.

Favorite exercise:

Yoga.

Favorite Primal food:

Beautiful, colourful, fresh summer produce.

Best part about being Primal:

Not feeling yuk after meals.

Worst part about being Primal:
    Waking up at 3am with pain in my legs. I guess it's just carb flu. :-(

moonmedic is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Detroit Suburb, MI

How Primal are you: easing in doing my best with a family that is NOT on board

Do you consume dairy: No, with the exception of lattes... they are my biggest challenge

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanting to be healthier, chronic skin problems

Favorite exercise: Roller Derby Practice! I still need to integrate the primal exercises yet

Favorite Primal food: I'm experimenting, but I am a red meat and seafood lover

Best part about being Primal: Everything!

Worst part about being Primal: limited choices when eating out, going out with friends

Jreaton03 is offline Junior Member
    your location: New Orleans, LA

How Primal are you: Trying to jump in head first. Not easy though because i'm currently deployed with the national guard, so I have to make due with what is available to me

Do you consume dairy: Every now and then i have a little milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not really. If I do its ice tea unsweetened

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanting to look good naked, and be a better athlete(specifically Hockey)

Favorite exercise: Dont really have a favorite. I guess the one that works

Favorite Primal food: Probably steak

Best part about being Primal: Feel like I finally have some direction and support with my nutrition and goals

Worst part about being Primal: limited choices(currently do to being deployed)

Vincenzo is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Sud Italy

Age (If you want):45

How Primal are you:90%

Do you consume dairy:no

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffe

Motivator for switching to Primal:I want to have a muscular body and grease free. I would go from 14 to 9% or 10% body fat. I'm tall 182 cm and weight 79 kg

Favorite exercise:Short and intense workout 2 times a week

Favorite Primal food:chicken, veal, fish, romaine lettuce, peppers, zucchini, eggs, coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:

There are other Italians in the forum?

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Central New Jersey

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Just started a few days ago. No grains, dairy, beans, sugar or processed foods.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: 1-2 cups in the morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: Grains and dairy bloat me up and sap my energy. Beans too. Was tested for food allergies recently, which made me curious about the primal way of eating.

Favorite exercise: Boxing, Swimming, Ring training

Favorite Primal food: Fish

Best part about being Primal: The clean and lean feeling that you get from eating what your body was designed to eat, and the satisfaction that comes from having a proven plan for taking good care of yourself.

Worst part about being Primal: Haven't found anything really bad so far, but my biggest concern is getting enough good carbs to fuel my boxing training.

Getfitt is offline Junior Member
    Started in may,12,no grains,no legumes, consume dairy (limited to cheese n cream in coffee)
    Coffee in the morning.
    Motivator to go primal : gain health and wt loss
    Fav exercise , none so far
    Fav primal food :eggs
    Best part about going primal : no cravings for carbs
    Worst part about primal, I have not lost any weight started at 130 lbs I hover around 131-133 lbs. Don't know what I am doing wrong