Page 404 of 626 FirstFirst ... 304354394402403404405406414454504 ... LastLast
Results 4,031 to 4,040 of 6251

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 404

Sars is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Canada!

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Mostly. Can't afford grass-fed/organic most of the time due to student budget.

Do you consume dairy: Yep! I try to keep it organic, but raw definitely is not possible at this point.

Do you drink coffee or tea: One cup every morning!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of being tired all the time. I've been dealing with some lifelong anxiety issues, and am hoping to get off my medication through lifestyle changes. Also, I wouldn't mind losing a little weight.

Favorite exercise: Walking!

Favorite Primal food: Steak and berries (not together...)

Best part about being Primal: The energy!

Worst part about being Primal: Dealing with judgmental others.

SouthernMan435 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    SouthernMan, you ain't just whistlin' Dixie
    I love the Bellamy Brothers... and they are still putting out some good music like Jalapenos. Its a shame the radio stations down here won't play their new songs on the air.

Bobbylicious is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Canton, MI USA

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: 80% lol

Do you consume dairy: Hells yes, love it!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Usually coffee, sometimes tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fat loss, even energy, overall health

Favorite exercise: Weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: Meat! (and butter)

Best part about being Primal: Not being fatigued and strapped into an energy roller-coaster

Worst part about being Primal: Having to limit my ice cream intake

Surfmom is offline Junior Member
    Obligatory answers:
    How primal: at least 80% or better (I have my moments of weakness)
    I have drastically cut out dairy. - weak moment tonight was sharp cheddar with an apple
    Yes- must have coffee in the am
    Motivation- want to be stronger, feel better, be healthier- I feel better since eating Primal foods
    Favorite exercise- hiking in Fair Hill (land) surfing (H2o)
    Favorite primal food? All of it!
    Best: I've already noticed positive results in my health - energy is up, lost 5 lbs
    Worst: just takes more focus and planning

Surfmom is offline Junior Member
    Cynthia1126 you are an inspiration. I'll be thinking about your journey and holding a good thought for you as you work towards optimal health! I just went Primal about a month ago and had a similar start that you did- just kept grabbing walnuts & almonds because I knew they were ok (a good friend was eating Paleo and recommended nuts). Ive since expanded my food choices and do more and more research every day. I love food and I love to cook. It's getting easier to eat primal and I've lost 5 lbs and feel the best I have in a long time. Good luck and thanks for sharing your story!

TomDrum is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone. I still have much to learn, but think I have some of the basics down. I'm very encouraged by the before & after pictures and testimonials I've read.

Your location: Utah

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: Not really sure, but I'd guess between 60-70%. Started just over a week ago by cutting WAY back on the "whites," ramping up my intake of meat, butter, almonds, and berries, and avoiding anything with "hydrogenated" in it. Mostly stopped eating breads, no cererals, and avoid sugars except what I get from fruit and 100% fruit juice.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but in small quantities. Primarily milk, swiss cheese, and my indulgence treat: ice cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My sister and her boyfriend had/still have great success with it and both are off meds as they no longer need them. My sister said she's never felt better and that her complexion is much better.

Favorite exercise: Any game/sport-related exercise. Otherwise, weight machines, pull-ups, push-ups, dips, and stretching.

Favorite Primal food: Steak, seafood, curry chicken, berries, almonds

Best part about being Primal: Get to eat great tasting foods!

Worst part about being Primal: Expensive.

Kaki is offline Junior Member

I consume full fat cream and eat ice cream on occasion

I drink coffee

to lose weight & stabilize liver enzymes

walking

best: liver enzymes are now WNL

worst: haven't lost any weight to speak of (after over a year).....

ChefPrimal is offline Junior Member
    I just finished The Primal Blueprint, eating primal for 5 days and this is the first time I have ever posted anything on a blog / jumping in

Your location: northern california

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: 5 days

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss

Favorite exercise: running

Favorite Primal food: all / i love good food

Best part about being Primal: i love the way i feel

Worst part about being Primal: nothing

LaRee1979 is offline Junior Member

Hi from AL!

Hello everyone!

Your location: Birmingham AL

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: well....just starting and looking to do a mostly-primal/paleo. I am willing to TRY anything, so I'll keep y'all updated!

Do you consume dairy: yes-cheese, cream or milk in coffee, butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:

This is the big one! Due to a very strong family history of breast and ovarian cancers, I was tested for the BRACA gene (the "breast cancer" gene) and tested positive. I am the ONLY BRACA+ female in my family that currently does NOT have/has had a diagnosis of cancer!
    While I know that I cannot change my genetic code, I CAN change the way my body will react, at least in part!
    I curently also live a rather UNhealthy lifestyle. I am an office worker, chained to my phone. I am 50-80 pounds overweight and have a BMI in the obese category. I don't exercise. Diabetes and heart disease ALSO "runs in the family"...so even if cancer doesn't kill me, one of those diseases most certainly might!
    My husband and I have been married for a little over 10 years and have no children.
    Currently contemplating all the options to manage/control my BRACA+ gene (including increased female-parts monitoring and prophalycitic surgeries) and what that means to our future and possible future children!

Favorite exercise: when I DO exercise, I like to dance. I was a ballerina, once upon a time, and would love to be able to dance again! I also used to like hiking.
    I WANT to like exercising, so I will need some support to keep going!

Favorite Primal food: I do love a good steak...

Best part about being Primal: We shall see...but I hope to love losing weight and being healthy!

Worst part about being Primal: I am certain that I will not like the lack of carbs, will miss baking and sugars....until my body adjusts! I'll miss the potatoes with my steak. :-/

I am also a chef and my favorite things to cook is baked goods! BUT hopefully my chef training will come in handy as I learn a new way to eat and live!

Danzsyco is offline Junior Member

Red face I'm a wild woman striving to keep it that way!

The Answers:

Your location: Phoenix

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: hmmm well prob 60%, I eat almost entirely local and seasonal veggies,fruits, eggs, goat cheese & yogurt (side note: I recently got 6 chickens to put in the backyard they are babies now but in 4 months will start to lay eggs!! Yay for super local delicious eggs!!!) I am mostly what I would call a pescatarian I don't eat meat other than fish which I usually catch myself, but I will eat any wild game I come across, elk, quail, venison, buffalo. I don't support factory farming in any form which limits my meat choices. I am quite happy living truly primal though pretty sure Grok didn't come across many cows or chickens in his day so elk, wild caught fish and fowl it is! My main meat source is fish though which I have once or twice a week. I am looking to cut out all grains eventually other than the occasional splurge so yea 60% primal should be right where I'm at now.

Do you consume dairy: yes - no cow's dairy though only goat cheese and yogurt, local too!!

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, 1 cup of coffee in the morning with coconut vanilla milk creamer and various medicinal teas

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been fascinated with health and food for as long as I can remember, I have asthma and am looking to cure myself - I have had it my whole life, maybe going full primal with no grains will do the trick? here's to hope!

Favorite exercise: dancing

Favorite Primal food: fish I caught w/ organic salad

Best part about being Primal: feeling good, enjoying life

Worst part about being Primal: watching others feel crappy, be heavy and sick when you know changing their diet would solve 99% of their problems and them not listening to you.