Page 402 of 621 FirstFirst ... 302352392400401402403404412452502 ... LastLast
Results 4,011 to 4,020 of 6204

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 402

Doc84 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: East coast

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: Close to 100%

Do you consume dairy: Other than occasional ghee for cooking, No.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Looking for a better way to live.

Favorite exercise: I like variety and enjoy just about anything that raises my HR.

Favorite Primal food: Anything that had a face.

Best part about being Primal:Boundless energy from a healthy body.

Worst part about being Primal:Finding good food on the road can be a challange in some parts of the US.

Cynthia1126 is offline Junior Member
    I am a 40 year old female from Florida. The mother of a blended family of five, they are all grown now. I have been mostly primal since this past Monday, so I am 6 days old (ha). I have about 1 cup of coffee a day and about 1 ounce of cheese a day, that covers the non primal I believe oh and a couple of sips of diet coke around the evening time. Motivator to switching: this one is easy. I have been on diets since I was eight. you name it I did it. Monday was a breaking point. I used to weigh 300 lbs, that was around age 23 and it has been a yo-yo world ever since. In 4th grade I had hit 120 lbs. I was active as a child but still heavier than my 5 siblings (They were all skinny -thin). Yet, I climbed trees and went on adventures with my brother, did ballet gymnastics and tap 4 days a week (the others did not) alas, I lived up to my nick name, butterball, (to close for comfort as my mother went into labor cooking a thanksgiving meal. but that was not the biggest motivator. As I said, I have tried everything. I had success but only short periods of time. This past year, things have terrible. Nothing I tried would work and everytime I went to the doctor it was the same, stop eating at fast food restaraunts and stop using salt. I did neither of those things, I would leave crying, even diet pills did not work. I cut my calories to 1200 and walked or exercised 30 minutes a day, believe it or not, I gained even more weight, I wouldnt have considered myself a bad eater, whole grains (now I know), salads, fruit, some meats, vegies. So monday morning I wake up, step on the scale and am horrified to see yet again, what three pounds I lost the previous week, I had put on and then 3 more within the matter of two days, even though I ate healthy and worked the weekend painting my mother in laws house. I m an administrator in the health field, and I could only find one pair of pants that fit me that day, my abdomen was huge. So at lunch I told the girls at the office, I am going to walmart to buy some scrubs, I tried them on and they fit but I hung my head and said "what are you doing, giving up? You have by fighting this for 32 years you are not giving up. I had yet to eat that day as I was so upset, so I went through the vegies section and picked up something to make salad and picked up nuts, you see two weeks earlier, one of the girls at work who is a vegetarian mentioned her brother was doing the caveman diet and he looked wonderful. So I new some things to pick up because I had done a small amount of research. I followed it on Monday and lost a pound come tuesday morning. So it still wasn't enough, I squeezed into a pair of pants, that I thought I was going to die and packed my food (primal) and headed off to work. I couldn't believe the amount of energy I had and I grazed throughout the day on berries and nuts and thought (oh no the scale is going to go up) the next day I was down another pound. Long and short it is, Since Monday afternoon I have lost 8.6 pounds in 51/2 days. Even on the other diets I was never able to do that. I am on no medication, except sleeping pills which I can not quit cold turkey, but have been cutting down (they cause seizures if you quit cold). My cholesterol was high, I wont know for another six months if that has changed, My blood sugar has always been good, but diabetes runs in my family. by Thursday the pants I wore on Tuesday that I had to pour myself into, fit comfortable, a little snug, but comfortable, the girls were amazed, as they could never figure out all these years why I could eat healthier then them but still be as big as I was. To me it is a miracle. About a month ago I started developing, swelling in my feet, then my hands, (which hasn't happened since I was pregnant as a teenager, now I wake up every morning and no swelling. I have severe osteoarthritis which makes walking hard and have had problems with my left foot, that doctors could not figure out what was wrong other then a huge heel spur, plantar fascitis and something they could not explain on my MRI, now I do still feel a twinge of pain in the mornings, but that pain is almost gone. So for some this may be simple logic, but for me it is the miracle I have been praying for. I don't measure my food because, grazing during the day, allows me portion control with my meals. I dont count calories, or fat grams. I feel great, the last two mornings I have beaten the sun coming up and I am not exhausted. I don't even remember drifting off to sleep. I am going to introduce walking at this point, and usually this is where everything falls apart. So I am praying this miracle keeps on, so I may be healthy. I have my first grandbaby arriving and I am planning on being there. So glad I went primal and can't wait to spread the word to the diabetics in my family.... Thanks for listening.

Mlobanoff is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Minnesota

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: just starting

Do you consume dairy: going to try to go without

Do you drink coffee or tea: can't live without coffee!

Motivator for switching to Primal: tore my Achilles tendon. Should not have happened. Suspect my terrible diet over the past 3-4 years is partially responsible

Favorite exercise: cycling

Favorite Primal food: filet mignon

Best part about being Primal: seems natural and logical to eat this way

Worst part about being Primal: people who take themselves way too seriously. Remember, part of this primal thing is having fun and lowering your daily stress levels

claudio is offline Junior Member
    here is Claudio
    i am here to connect with people with a similar experience: ex vegetarian/vegan with bad digestion and so on...recovering people

My story: I am Italian, lived 6 years in Helsinki, Finland and at the moment I live in Vilnius, Lithuanian
    I am 34, been vegetarian for 15 years (19-34) since last December 2011 when I decided to quit.
    Only from June 2012 I started following Mark and the Primal way of living and as you can imagine, I am loving it.

I am lactose intolerant but every now and then I eat some cheese. No coffe, tea maybe once a week.

I love running (I did 1.36 on 21k two years ago)
    I do pushups regularly (I am between 50 and 60)
    I did P90X once last summer, I love Tony Horton and Ab Ripper X

best part of being primal is that I have never cooked so much in my life and I really love it. I believe I need to improve but I am very satisfied, food tastes amazingly and I can finally talk with my body and I never feel too full!

worst part about being primal is the social part and the relationship with my girlfriend: she is still too much into grain and sugar and I can see she is not very happy about me being primal. She kind of support it, but also try to sabotage

It's hard to understand when your body can still fight against sugar and grain. Mine gave up, in a way. And now I feel stronger than ever.

wlkrtxsrngr is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Byram, MS

Age (If you want): 19

How Primal are you: As primal as possible for a college student. Still researching for budget reasons

Do you consume dairy: NOOOOOO

Do you drink coffee or tea: NOPE

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss. I always wanted to eat this way but "Conventional Wisdom" always told me I was wrong until i stumbled upon the Primal Blueprint with all the science I needed to back my ideals up. It was amazing.

Favorite exercise: Definitely calisthenics! Dislocated my elbow playing football (yes, very possible to dislocate your elbow actually) and now can't lift weights the way i used to so calisthenics are perfect for me. I'd rather have the strength to climb Mount Everest than Bench Press 300 pounds.

Favorite Primal food: Easily pistachios. its the only way i can get out of the keto zone when i want. i love eating veges and meat. I'm always full and feel completely clean and fresh. I never knew how much those processed foods slowed me down.

Best part about being Primal: The energy and elevated happiness. the weight loss for me is just a bi product. the food trully makes me feel more alive.

Worst part about being Primal: nothing at all!!!!

primal me is offline Member
    Your location: Canada

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Just starting out so probably not %100 yet

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: My stomach had started to really bloat and hurt after eating certain foods. I determined that I was reacting to MSG in most cases but my stomach was still tender after foods with no other additives. I did a 15 day cleanse that allowed a very primal diet of lean meats, veggies and fruits but avoided breads, glutens and other "sticky" carbs. I felt great and decided to cut out those carbs for good.

Favorite exercise: Walking, bowling

Favorite Primal food: so many to choose from, I've liked everything we've tried so far

Best part about being Primal: My stomach doesn't hurt and my pants are all getting bigger!

Worst part about being Primal: There is no downside except missing a few treats, but I'm learning how to bake things with almond flour instead of wheat flour!

joyful87 is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Boonville, Missouri

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Partial. I am still learning and still consume some cheese.

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally but always raw milk from a local farmer who grass-feds his cows.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I LOVE green tea and drink it often. Never developed a taste for coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My initial motivation was weight loss and health. I have been sensitve to grains for years now so it just made sense to avoid them and focus more on the real foods.

Favorite exercise: I have terrible knees so I usually do more low-impact activities like the elliptical and strength training with body weight exercises and some free weights.

Favorite Primal food: Hmmm. Not sure I actually have a favorite. I enjoy lots of different foods. There is a curried vegetable hash recipe in Everyday Paleo that I think is delish. I also like about anything that includes bacon!

Best part about being Primal: I feel like my body is better nourished than eating the typical American diet.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating at friends' homes where they typically make lots of starchy items. Also, for me, I still can't seem to get the weight to come down. I am not so much a scale person but want to notice changes in my body shape and size of clothes.

jannkpt is offline Junior Member

Unhappy New and having probs.

Your location: Blue Ridge Mountains, Kingsport area, TN.

Age (If you want): 57

How Primal are you: Just starting out. This is day 5.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, cream in coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm a mess! Eating less, getting bigger, on statins, bp meds, zoloft! So, what I'm doing is NOT working, my brother's been Primal over a year, changed his health and life!

Favorite exercise: Swimming.

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: Eating MEAT.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm having severe withdrawal from carbs...so far, NOT fun.

primal me is offline Member

Carb withdrawal

I must have lucked out, I had been weaning myself off of carbs for years. I have had hypoglycaemia since I was a teenager and for the main part I was trying my best to avoid things that would cause my blood sugar to go up. What I didn't know that the carbs I was allowing myself to eat, the "healthy whole grains" were causing my ups and downs. When I began this journey I did it with a 15 day cleanse that eliminated the grains, bread and potatoes, it allowed small amounts of brown or wild rice. I didn't experience any major carb withdrawal symptoms and I lost 6 lbs in that time period!

It's been a couple of months now and I have lost another 6 lbs and gained a new perspective on eating healthy. When I worked in the health food industry I tried going vegetarian but that only lasted a day. My iron dropped and the cravings for meat were so fierce, I am a meatatarian! Now I am a meat-and-veggie-tarian and I love the way I feel.

Keep trying and don't give up! Drink lots of water whenever you feel a craving for carbs and maybe change up your usual routines a bit to avoid situations that make you crave them the most. I've never smoked but I have been told the morning paper and coffee just isn't the same without a smoke to go with it. So maybe instead of coffee first thing a person might try water and have the coffee a bit later in the day, there's gotta be a way to get through the withdrawal.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jannkpt View Post
    Your location: Blue Ridge Mountains, Kingsport area, TN.

Age (If you want): 57

How Primal are you: Just starting out. This is day 5.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, cream in coffee.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm a mess! Eating less, getting bigger, on statins, bp meds, zoloft! So, what I'm doing is NOT working, my brother's been Primal over a year, changed his health and life!

Favorite exercise: Swimming.

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: Eating MEAT.

Worst part about being Primal: I'm having severe withdrawal from carbs...so far, NOT fun.
    Water is always a good idea, when in doubt. OR adding some coconut oil into your regime + eating big honkin salads &/or steamed,stir fried veggies. Best way to slow a carb withdrawal, is still eat some carbs, but healthy, filling ones. OR, up your fat intake & induce ketosis & get it over with faster. Ketosis isn't a bad word or a bad thing, contrary to what some say around here.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown