Page 398 of 629 FirstFirst ... 298348388396397398399400408448498 ... LastLast
Results 3,971 to 3,980 of 6285

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 398

trueprimalblue is offline Junior Member

Hi, I'm Terrie

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: USA: California

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: It's a work in progress.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, hard cheese, homemade yogurt, butter, whole milk, eggs

Do you drink coffee or tea: Trader Joe's Organic Green Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and weight loss.

Favorite exercise: Total Gym, walking

Favorite Primal food: bacon, dark chocolate

Best part about being Primal: I'm not hungry all the time

Worst part about being Primal: Still fighting my carb cravings

trueprimalblue is offline Junior Member
    By the way, how do I find primal groks in my town to connect with? Also, I managed to start an album and load a picture, but I can't figure out how to move it to my profile picture. Help!

Greengirl1991 is offline Junior Member
    Hi, I'm Lindsay!

Your location: Suburb of Chicago

How Primal are you: maybe 90% right now

Do you consume dairy: Yes, some local, raw dairy

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love herbal tea and drink around 3 cups a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: Vegetarianism and Veganism made me really, really sick!

Favorite exercise: Long-distance running

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I don't need to eat every three hours, less bloating, more energy!

Worst part about being Primal: Going out to eat. I hate to think of the crap that is fed to the cows and chickens being served in restaurants.

kasma is offline Junior Member
    Hello there to youuu! :-)

Your location: Boise, ID

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: Umm, 50%! But that's because I'm new and haven't actually 'gone primal' yet. ;-)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I've realized that too much is hard on me so I've started moderating it...

Do you drink coffee or tea: Rarely. I drink tea more in the winter, though.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've been feeling crappy for the past few years, and I'm way too young to feel like that! I've dreamed for a long time of feeling healthy and looking good, and after a lot of hard work and a few life experiences, and quitting smoking 4 months ago, my confidence has dramatically improved and I'm ready to focus on my lifestyle change.

Favorite exercise: Hiking, playing soccer, swimming, or anything Crossfit-ish... I can't pick just one!

Favorite Primal food: Steak or seafood

Best part about being Primal: Although I haven't gone Primal yet, there are days where I successfully avoid grains/dairy and the following days my stomach sure seems to appreciate it. I love not worrying "Is what I just ate going to make me hate life in 30 minutes?" :-)

Worst part about being Primal: I don't know yet!

You forgot:

Favorite drug:

Favorite lift:

Favorite running sneakers: (trick question it should be "barefoot")

Favorite animal:

serraerica is offline Junior Member
    Hello

Your location: Philadelphia,PA

Age (If you want): 38, very soon to be 39

How Primal are you: about 90 percent primal, I am still figuring out sources for high quality meats and fish but I have produce well under control. Have only had grains 1 time in the past 2 weeks ( a slice of Ezekiel bread for my upset digestive system).

Do you consume dairy: Yes, the organic stuff and some raw cheeses

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee and herbal tea on occasion.

Motivator for switching to Primal: my weight, the way I feel after eating pasta and bread and sugar, my partner and I are expecting and I want to have the energy to support her and enjoy the experience.

Favorite exercise: Swinging around kettle bells

Favorite Primal food: my go to lunch, sauté mushrooms and onions with chopped up roast chicken or turkey dipped onto a big pile of spinach sprinkled with sunflower seeds with homemade salad dressing.

Best part about being Primal: being able to get though a day without having a eat or die moment. No more hunger crises.

Worst part about being Primal: My partner is going to take some time to convince she really loves pasta, but I want her to be healthy and grain free.

Msrock is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Maryland, USA

Age (If you want): early 30s

How Primal are you: Good question--I just started last week, so doing the best I can as I'm learning!

Do you consume dairy: I'd like to only do raw but my husband isn't on board so I will probably limit it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea mostly. Will drink a decaf coffee once a month?

Motivator for switching to Primal: Thyroid issues. Wouldn't mind being more toned too

Favorite exercise: Used to be running, but I have some pain in my feet lately. Yoga if I had more time.

Favorite Primal food: Avocado

Best part about being Primal: I've only been on it 6 days and I already feel less bloated. Also, I hate counting calories!

Worst part about being Primal: As of right now? That I'm going to NYC this weekend with friends who are going to want a cupcake and I can't decide if I will partake...80/20 and all that, but worried it will set me back.

Kylex286 is offline Member
    Your location:
    I live in California
    Age (If you want):
    How Primal are you:
    I'm about 90% percent primal. Recently I changed to grass fed beef, and grass fed butter. I try to fallow the primal way of life as strictly as I can, though sometimes it is rather difficult.
    Do you consume dairy:I do consume dairy, but rarely. I've learned to cut my milk consumption down(very difficult thing for me to do) and I am trying to find a good place to get greek yogurt since most stores only sell fat free.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Yes I do drink tea but not to often.
    Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Well, I've always tried to eat in a healthy manor. I spent some time as a vegetarian, but soon grew tired of how difficult it was to remain vegetarian. It just didn't feel natural to me. At that time I was incredibly active, and worked out a lot. That was two years ago, this past year I started my first year at an actual state university in california and hit my highest weight (210) pounds and started shifting back to that vegetarian life style. Personally I just wanted to be healthy. I worked at a pizza place, that I recently quite (thankfully! That place was the cause of every ounce of my stress). In my first year of college I met, and started having conversations with a person that was on what he called the "primal lifestyle". Naturally, I was intrigued but also skeptic. Being able to eat all the meat and veggies you want. What's up with that? That's bad for the health, or at least that's what I was thinking at the time. I talked to him more, and being my "anthropological" normal self (before I switch to a Japanese major I was an anthropology major and spent three years in the major) I observed him, documenting in my head how he acted, his energy levels, all of that good stuff. I took switching to a primal lifestyle logically, scientifically if you will. I observed and read what I could read about it. I still wasn't sold on what my friend was saying but, to me, is was sound. Anthropologically speaking, the human race didn't evolve on grains, thus we should be able to survive without them. Then, during my winter break from school I decided to try being primal out. That was 7 months ago, and I have never once regretted the decision.
    Favorite exercise:
    I love walking. Just a nice walk at any time of the day is the best.
    Favorite Primal food:
    definitely eggs.
    Best part about being Primal:
    The amount of energy I have probably is comparable to when I was a child. Also, I sleep soundly at night.

Worst part about being Primal:
    Eating out at restaurants is difficult. I usually just get sushi or curry and that's it.

mtnbikemama is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Atlanta, GA

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Just started

Do you consume dairy: Butter, cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: sometimes coffee with unsweetened vanilla coconut almond milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: Had success with LC; I had my second baby 3 months ago; want to eat healthy unprocessed foods, enjoy my sports and play with my kiddos. It makes the most sense of all eating lifestyles. Husband is on board with eating unprocessed, but he still thinks whole grains are fine.

Favorite exercise: I did sprints for the first time today and I had a ton of fun. Mountain biking (I raced the past 2 years until I was pregnant again), Zumba.

Favorite Primal food: Fruit, Dark chocolate, bacon, eggs, butter

Best part about being Primal: feeling like I'm making good choices and the emphasis on PLAY

Worst part about being Primal: Love ice cream; I could eat too much fruit easily; husband not totally on board; my 3 year old gets fed SAD at grandma's house. She's a carb-o-holic like I used to be.

meghanwaslike is offline Junior Member
    Hi! I'm Meghan!

Your location: Syracuse, NY

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: depends on the day, but I'd say averaging right around 80%

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally. Cheese is really the only dairy I do, and it's not often.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Heck yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm a fat kid. I read the book, I get the science, and so far I'm down 44 pounds.

Favorite exercise: I do the cross-fit thing. Just started May 15th. That has helped immensely with the weight loss.

Favorite Primal food: I can't choose. Give me all the meat and I'm a happy girl.

Best part about being Primal: I'm never hungry, I rarely crave sugar/bread/the other crap I used to eat, I'm happier, and I'm getting sexier. What's not to love!?

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain it to people who don't wanna hear it/don't get it. When they get belligerent, I blame the "diet" on my trainer, so they just shut up. If they genuinely want to hear about it, then I try my best to explain.